Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2021, 22:05   #14551
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

What is a good price to look out for 2012 Honda Brio K.A registration?

Model V(MT)
Kms done 98,200 kms
Place - Bangalore.
Condition - Outstanding, better than stock!
1985Darkkid85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 00:45   #14552
BHPian

Hi,

I am looking for an automatic car with a shoestring budget. My running is very low, and I will be using the car for less than 100 km monthly, and for an occasional 800 km round trip to my home every three months or so. I'm short and very fat, so I'm looking at bigger cars with big seats and all kind of adjustments in seats and steering.

I have been looking at various OLX ads, and wondering at the ridiculous prices being asked. So, I'm planning to post a string of queries here.

How much should I offer for these cars, looking only at pictures which seem in decent condition?

I am at Ottapalam, Palakkad, Kerala.
  1. Toyota Camry 2011 Automatic, 85K, 3rd Owner, Seq LPG kit fitted , asking 5.25L
  2. Scorpio 2009 4WD AT, 2010, 100K kms. 2nd Owner, Asking 3.35 lacs
  3. Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2011 Diesel 143K km, 2nd owner, Asking 3.8 lacs
  4. Audi A6 2007 V6 Petrol , 110k kms, 2nd owner, Asking 4.95L
  5. 2006 Camry 170k kms, 2nd owner, poor interiors, Asking price 1.55 lacs

Any advice reg. what to look out for/avoid and other suggestions would be welcome. Even if you have a comment on a single car, please reply. Thanks!!
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 02:06   #14553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post

I have been looking at various OLX ads, and wondering at the ridiculous prices being asked.
I found olx in kerala to be overpriced by atleast 30-40%, the real price was like 60-70% of the asking price. Cross check with OrangeBookValue to see some realistic prices and then start your bargain based on that.

The number of owners on olx may not be correct. I have found the same car to be listed as a single and a double owner.

There are some hidden gems, if you keep poking on olx. There was a seller selling a corolla AT with Airbags for around <2L with around 100k on the clock, but was listed as a regular corolla, only once you see the pics, do you see that it is an AT car.
govigov is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 17:35   #14554
BHPian

How much I can expect for the 2020 Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 ZX MT if we purchase it?

The car has run just 7000 Kms and the asking price is 25.5L, which is nearly 3L cheaper than the new one and this will be used by my dad, who is willing to replace our 2011 Innova!

Yet to check this car in person but due to the present situation, I cannot go to the dealer to check the car as the dealer is located far away from the place, where I stay!
Old 27th April 2021, 21:21   #14555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
How much I can expect for the 2020 Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 ZX MT if we purchase it?

The car has run just 7000 Kms and the asking price is 25.5L, which is nearly 3L cheaper than the new one and this will be used by my dad, who is willing to replace our 2011 Innova!

Yet to check this car in person but due to the present situation, I cannot go to the dealer to check the car as the dealer is located far away from the place, where I stay!
But does it solve your problem of poor FE, high maintenance and not being an automatic, it isn't very convenient either to drive around in city.
Also 25.5 lacs is a lot of money, do think about it as a proposition for 3-4 years from now when an automatic might feel essential.
dhruvritzed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 21:59   #14556
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
  1. Toyota Camry 2011 Automatic, 85K, 3rd Owner, Seq LPG kit fitted , asking 5.25L
  2. Scorpio 2009 4WD AT, 2010, 100K kms. 2nd Owner, Asking 3.35 lacs
  3. Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2011 Diesel 143K km, 2nd owner, Asking 3.8 lacs
  4. Audi A6 2007 V6 Petrol , 110k kms, 2nd owner, Asking 4.95L
  5. 2006 Camry 170k kms, 2nd owner, poor interiors, Asking price 1.55 lacs

Any advice reg. what to look out for/avoid and other suggestions would be welcome. Even if you have a comment on a single car, please reply. Thanks!!
I haven't heard good things about that AT gearbox in the Scorpio...but I'm talking about word of mouth ("I had a friend who had a friend who had an AT Scorpio..."). All in all, the perception I have is not good - for better or worse.

Avoid the Chevy. Spare parts pricing and availability are all loaded against you.

Avoiding the LPG Camry (purely due to doubts on aftermarket LPG fitting), the other Camry can be an option for you. Looks like you'd be getting its FC done. You can expect to spend 1 to 2 lacs (guesstimate, nothing else) on bringing it to top-notch condition. The 1.5 lac pricing seems low enough, but you should have money for the restoration of the car after buying it.
locusjag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 10:04   #14557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
[*]Toyota Camry 2011 Automatic, 85K, 3rd Owner, Seq LPG kit fitted , asking 5.25L
!!
Get the 2011 Camry and disconnect the CNG Kit. Simple.

Get a Toyota is what I am suggesting.
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 10:26   #14558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Get the 2011 Camry and disconnect the CNG Kit. Simple.

Get a Toyota is what I am suggesting.
Thanks. I have been looking at a comfy automatic sedan, and so far it has been either overpriced or too old. Is the 2011 Camry worth it at that price? I've seen the engines which have been run on CNG opened up and the insides usually look like the bottom of a frying pan.
Old 30th April 2021, 12:00   #14559

Folks, need your help and guidance.

Honda Civic petrol automatic 1.8 S AT, 2010. Hyderabad. 73000km. 3.6 lakhs. Is this price ok?

Is there anything i need to keep an eye out on?

Last edited by WindmillsFly : 30th April 2021 at 12:04.
Old 30th April 2021, 16:28   #14560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindmillsFly View Post

Honda Civic petrol automatic 1.8 S AT, 2010. Hyderabad. 73000km. 3.6 lakhs. Is this price ok?

See if you can determine if the car was serviced as per Honda's service schedule and if all spares were replaced as per the schedule on the owner's manual. If not, you'll be footing huge bills for the entire car essentially with almost all its parts that are at the end of their life. Engine mounts, transmission mounts, suspension bushes...these parts get hard with time and typically break by the 10th year in my experience. Get the automatic gearbox evaluated by a mechanic or by Honda themselves. Depending on these outcomes, you might want to drive down the asking price.

If you buy the car, get its Auto Transmission Fluid (ATF) changed (drained, not flushed) first and foremost, if it has never been done in its lifetime; and see what's the replacement cost of its automatic gearbox and set aside that sum of money for a worst case scenario where full replacement becomes necessary.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 10:15   #14561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindmillsFly View Post

Slightly on the high side, but if you love the car and the car is in Top shape. You should go ahead.

Check the engine mounts and tyres once (if they are new, you should be ok)

Civic is a legendary car, get it if you like it....till you can (15 year rule etc)
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 13:27   #14562
BHPian

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

I came across a 2016 S model CVT amaze here in chennai - 39k in ODO , price quoted 5.7L and final offer is 5.5L . Is this a good price ? online evaluation tools show prices of 5.4 to 6.1 for the above model . So Iam tempted! Looking for advice from fellow Petrolheads!
Old 2nd May 2021, 10:18   #14563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Incorrect. It's a petrol and is good for another 5 years. So 3 Lakhs is not a correct figure here. Should be good for 6-8L depending on the condition. However, please do stay away from it. Maintenance of 330i is quite a headache from cost and part availability perspective.
I disagree. Paying more than 5 lakhs would not be wise. Try selling it after a year and see what offers you would get.
Old 2nd May 2021, 16:06   #14564
BHPian

Guys looking to sell my 2015 Honda City SV iDtec. Mileage : Approximately 42k.
Interiors : 9/10. Exterior 8.5/10. Recently upgraded ICE. What should I expect ?
Old 3rd May 2021, 08:55   #14565
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I am looking for an automatic car with a shoestring budget. My running is very low, and I will be using the car for less than 100 km monthly, and for an occasional 800 km round trip to my home every three months or so. I'm short and very fat, so I'm looking at bigger cars with big seats and all kind of adjustments in seats and steering.

I have been looking at various OLX ads, and wondering at the ridiculous prices being asked. So, I'm planning to post a string of queries here.

How much should I offer for these cars, looking only at pictures which seem in decent condition?

I am at Ottapalam, Palakkad, Kerala.
The Camry's 2AZ-FE engine may have a possible oil burning issue. I am not sure if the problem is identified in India or not, but most of these engines start burning oil after crossing 60-70k kilometers. There is a TSB by Toyota (TSB #0094-11) which will help. The problem is caused by defective piston rings which although were revised in later years but the problem still exists. Apart from that Camry has pretty solid reliability. Just make sure that you inspect the engine very well. There is a slight possibility that 2AZ-FE engines fitted in Indian spec Camry might not have this problem, but there is no available information concerning that.

The automatic gearbox in Camry (U250E) is pretty reliable. These might develop some erratic shifting problems over time but usually those pretty benign. Most of the time, if you change the ATF and the filter, the problem will go away. Just do such kind of servicing only at the dealer.

The 2011 Cruze can also be a good purchase but with those many kilometers, make sure the timing belt has been replaced. The engine in Cruze is an interference engine and if the belt snaps, you can say goodbye to the engine.

I don't have much info about the auto gearbox in Cruze. Though I have heard from local mechanics that there have been instances of auto gearbox failing in Cruze after certain kilometers. Honestly speaking, I would normally pick a manual transmission with so many kms.

Only for used Toyota, I can suggest you to go with automatic gearbox. These Aisin manufactured auto gearboxes have good track record.

Lastly, stay away from LPG/CNG fitted used cars for obvious reasons.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd May 2021 at 09:03. Reason: quote content trimmed
pta320 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks