Senior - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Car: Toyota Corolla Altis
Year: 2010
ODO: 26000 (Yes, you read it right)
Variant: G Petrol
Transmission: Manual
No.of owners: 1
Condition: Showroom condition according to the owner (have not checked it yet)

Asking price: 5.7 L

What is the fair value for this car? Thanks in advance.
Old 12th February 2021, 11:38   #14402
BHPian

Hi All,

What would be the best value for 2017 Dzire ZXi+AMT?

Insurance till Nov 2021
Napa leather seats
29K on the odo
Extended warranty for 2 more years.
First owner
All service done at Maruthi Authorized service centers
Current city Bangalore.

Last edited by ant_vas : 12th February 2021 at 11:39. Reason: added more details
Old 12th February 2021, 22:52   #14403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
Peanuts. If you are the owner, fix the AC cooling issue first.
Finally sold my car for 2L, so it's not exactly peanuts
DuHasstMich is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 21:58   #14404
BHPian

Well I lost the deal and the car was sold within a day
Quote:
Originally Posted by satishchugh View Post
I am considering a Oct 2017 S-Cross Zeta 1.3 SHVS which has run 35,000 KMs so far. The car is in good shape and has been serviced at Maruti Service Centre as per schedule.
The dealer is stuck at 7.75L. Is it fair price in Delhi?
I am looking at another S-Cross - august 2018 but only ran 7K KM. Dealer is quoting 8.75 Lakh but I am confused. Should I be considering almost 3 year old diesel car that has run only 7K KMs. Also is it fair price. My stretch budget is 8 lakh but I am sold in S-Cross.
Old 13th February 2021, 23:45   #14405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well I lost the deal and the car was sold within a day

I am looking at another S-Cross - august 2018 but only ran 7K KM. Dealer is quoting 8.75 Lakh but I am confused. Should I be considering almost 3 year old diesel car that has run only 7K KMs. Also is it fair price. My stretch budget is 8 lakh but I am sold in S-Cross.

The price seems steep, if you have driven the 1.3 diesel in the S Cross, you would know that its nothing phenomenal, very average performance. And 8.75L is very high for a 3 year car. New S Cross petrol starts as low as 9-9.5L on road for the base variant with a decent 1.5 petrol engine.
If you want to get the S Cross only and you have a budget of 8L, see if you can get a new petrol S cross, at around 9L post discounts. You can add features slowly along the way.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 10:10   #14406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
The price seems steep, if you have driven the 1.3 diesel in the S Cross, you would know that its nothing phenomenal, very average performance. And 8.75L is very high for a 3 year car. New S Cross petrol starts as low as 9-9.5L on road for the base variant with a decent 1.5 petrol engine.
If you want to get the S Cross only and you have a budget of 8L, see if you can get a new petrol S cross, at around 9L post discounts. You can add features slowly along the way.
Agree with you that at 8.75 it’s overpriced.

Driver Height adjustable is a deal breaker for me. Then reverse camera, rear wiper etc. are valued. So for me zeta is minimum I will buy. New zeta is at ~11 lakhs in Delhi and that’s also petrol. So my thought is to buy a diesel 2-3 year old model at 7-8 lakh. I will get good low end torque and for my sedate driving style (usually don’t go beyond 110 KMPH), I wouldn’t mind average performance. Finally I will save around 30-40 K per annum on fuel cost. This is my logic of going preowned.
Is it rational or sounds like self appreciating logic.

Coming back to original question does a 7000 run 3 year diesel safe to buy or is it too low run to be hiding issues?
Old 14th February 2021, 15:59   #14407
MMV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Car: Toyota Corolla Altis
Condition: Showroom condition according to the owner (have not checked it yet)

Asking price: 5.7 L

I would say, not more than 4lacs, you may stretch by few thousands if you really like the car. Understand that resale value in Kerala is higher than in metros say Mumbai.

My reference or benchmark is 2010 VL AT with approx 42,000km on ODO that was bought almost 17months ago for 3lacs in a metro city.
MMV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 16:05   #14408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMV View Post
Understand that resale value in Kerala is higher than in metros say Mumbai.

My reference or benchmark is 2010 VL AT with approx 42,000km on ODO that was bought almost 17months ago for 3lacs in a metro city.
There is a 2011 VL AT 2nd Owner ran 70k listed for 5.95L from a local dealer in Bengaluru. Not sure if COVID has messed up the prices for used cars but all the dealers in Bengaluru seem to have gone nuts.
JithinR is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 16:06   #14409
MMV
BHPian

Which is a good portal for buying cars from listings done by direct sellers (ie RC owners and not dealers).

Earlier cardekho.com used to offer a filter for 'Seller type where one could filter out and look for owner listings. Its very useful as sellers who have made up their mind to sell a car would price it right so as to close the deal asap.

My experience with cars24 has been bad, they are not user friendly and staff is in no hurry to close a deal and simply goes by process set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Not sure if COVID has messed up the prices for used cars but all the dealers in Bengaluru seem to have gone nuts.
Possible as dealers are trying to cash in on 'need for own car' underlined during COVID-19 and AT is added comfort in traffic. May be few months later, market will swing back.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th February 2021 at 00:42. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 min on the same thread. Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 20:59   #14410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
There is a 2011 VL AT 2nd Owner ran 70k listed for 5.95L from a local dealer in Bengaluru. Not sure if COVID has messed up the prices for used cars but all the dealers in Bengaluru seem to have gone nuts.
Exactly, I do not know how it was earlier but I was looking for Jazz CVT which are 4-5 yrs old, the asking prices were 7L and fixed.

So a car which costed 9.8-10.2L OTR are sold at a price reduction of just 3L, what if I want to sell the car after 4 years, I have to sell for less than 3L with a price reduction of 4L. So as a used car buyer I will lose more than a new car buyer without any of the other new car advantages.. I understand that the dealers are making a nice profit of 2L in this case.

Last edited by SKC-auto : 14th February 2021 at 21:10.
SKC-auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 21:27   #14411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
the car after 4 years, I have to sell for less than 3L with a price reduction of 4L. So as a used car buyer I will lose more than a new car buyer without any of the other new car advantages.. I understand that the dealers are making a nice profit of 2L in this case.
If it is especially a KA car, I have personally promised myself to never give up to these dealers prices again, I'll not let them have profit at my cost. Even if that means bringing a non KA car to KA and end up paying fines to the cops.

Lately, though having this feeling for any and every car dealer.

Hope people in large understand the high prices and malpractices done by most of the used car dealers and avoid them to put a check to the prices.

Last edited by arighna.dutta : 14th February 2021 at 21:31.
arighna.dutta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 22:27   #14412
BHPian

Quote:
Coming back to original question does a 7000 run 3 year diesel safe to buy or is it too low run to be hiding issues?
3 year diesel with just 7k Kms does sound too good to be true, but it could be just a case of low usage. I’d recommend you check the service history with authorised MSS & if you can find out the odo reading at each service. It does seem to be overpriced regardless, you could try to negotiate further, around 8 - 8.25 lakhs seems reasonable considering there’s hardly been any mileage at all. All you need to do if you do decide to go ahead is to take a good long test drive, check if any of the warning lamps go up, get a full service done including oil change just to be sure that none of the lubricants have been in there too long without enough usage. Otherwise, if all this checks out then the car should be as good as any used examples you could find

Last edited by suhas_raj : 14th February 2021 at 22:29.
suhas_raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 08:19   #14413
Senior - BHPian

Even i am on the lookout for a used AT car. Seems the prices have gone high post BS6. Many dealers have marked Micro, Jazz, Redigo, and other AMT's Rs.2-3L above market price .

Made me realize that buying a used AT may not be an ideal option as currently it's a sellers market and not buyers. Other option is to be on a look out for used cars in TrueValue, UTrust etc. Eg. Found fairly priced Innova in trueValue, and a fairly priced Verna in Mahindra Firstchoice.

Dont search for Maruti in TrueValue and don't search for Toyota in UTrust. They will be exorbitantly priced in most cases.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 22:30   #14414
BHPian

Car: Honda Amaze E (Petrol/CNG)
Year: 2015
ODO: 1,10,000
Transmission: Manual
Condition: Average (New tyres, Still on original clutch and suspension)

Old 16th February 2021, 11:56   #14415

Car: Vento
Year: 2016
ODO: 39k
Variant: Highline TSI
Transmission: Automatic (DSG)
Condition: Recently replaced tyres. Insurance till Feb 2022

Asking price: 7.75 L

Most Viewed