Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2020, 13:32   #14296
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hello all, kind of a tangential question to settle a debate.

Which manufacturers offer the best exchange values? Both for their own cars and also for other manufacturers. My spidey sense (street knowledge?) tells me Maruti is probably comfortably on top on both counts. And Toyota may be amongst the bottom feeders.

But are there not any other brands which stand out?
Old 4th December 2020, 14:34   #14297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chieftain View Post
Hello all, kind of a tangential question to settle a debate.

Which manufacturers offer the best exchange values? Both for their own cars and also for other manufacturers. My spidey sense (street knowledge?) tells me Maruti is probably comfortably on top on both counts. And Toyota may be amongst the bottom feeders.

But are there not any other brands which stand out?
Maruti certainly not. I have had good experience selling my last 3 cars to Honda and Mahindra.

Maruti quotes were always 15-20% on the lower side
shashant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 19:38   #14298
Senior - BHPian

What's up with used VW GTI prices? IIRC the last batch went for anything between Rs 19 and 23 on road. Owners are asking for nothing less than Rs 17 lakh for 2-3 year old examples. Can anyone direct me to a more reasonable owner who is willing to part with his/her GTI?
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 19:52   #14299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
What's up with used VW GTI prices? IIRC the last batch went for anything between Rs 19 and 23 on road. Owners are asking for nothing less than Rs 17 lakh for 2-3 year old examples. Can anyone direct me to a more reasonable owner who is willing to part with his/her GTI?
You'll probably need to find an owner who bought at those prices (of which there seems to be few) and then negotiate with them. Maybe a touch unfair to the majority who paid higher prices because the last batch of cars was cleared at a deal price.

Ideally, owners would/should apply depreciation based on their purchase price.

Plus the GTI is now an exclusive item and not many of them around, so a premium is to be expected.

Edit: I myself am on the lookout.

Last edited by Reesnat : 4th December 2020 at 20:00. Reason: Added content
Reesnat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 20:19   #14300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesnat View Post
You'll probably need to find an owner who bought at those prices (of which there seems to be few) and then negotiate with them. Maybe a touch unfair to the majority who paid higher prices because the last batch of cars was cleared at a deal price....
Unfair yes. But it was VW who asked for an exorbitant price to begin with and then heavily discounted it to clear stock. Yes, owners should ideally get depreciation on the price they paid, but not many, apart from a handful of car buffs, would pick a 2-door GTI hatchback for Creta/Seltos "SUV with sunroof" money. As of now, the GTI is the ideal replacement for my Abarth Punto.

After Skoda overvalued the RS 245, RS 230 owners are now asking for the absurd prices, some are even asking as much as what they paid for for 2 year old cars!
Old 4th December 2020, 20:33   #14301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Unfair yes. But it was VW who asked for an exorbitant price to begin with and then heavily discounted it to clear stock. Yes, owners should ideally get depreciation on the price they paid, but not many, apart from a handful of car buffs, would pick a 2-door GTI hatchback for Creta/Seltos "SUV with sunroof" money. As of now, the GTI is the ideal replacement for my Abarth Punto.

After Skoda overvalued the RS 245, RS 230 owners are now asking for the absurd prices, some are even asking as much as what they paid for for 2 year old cars!
I hear you!

The truth is cars like the Abarth/GTI/vRS 230/245 are all a breed thats destined to die and may not come back into the Indian market for a few years out atleast. Us enthusiasts dont make enough of a market in India

So if we want a piece of that action for the next 2-3 years, we need to be prepared to pay that premium, IF the cars have been maintained flawlessly.
Old 9th December 2020, 14:25   #14302

Hello TBHPians, I am looking for a first car and came across a 1st gen 2014 Ford Figo Diesel Titanium. It's been driven 47k on the ODO.
It has had 2 owners so far and the insurance needs to be renewed. The asking price is 3.8L.
Is this a good deal? It looks neat in the pictures. I'm planning to check it out in the weekend. Would appreciate pointers on what to check out except the general paint/electronics.

Link to the page https://www.instagram.com/p/CF1QYFRg...=1dax92x4yvtrt
The price on this post is higher and has been updated since.
Old 9th December 2020, 19:33   #14303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cake View Post
Hello TBHPians, I am looking for a first car and came across a 1st gen 2014 Ford Figo Diesel Titanium. It's been driven 47k on the ODO.

The price on this post is higher and has been updated since.
Is this a joke ? I wouldn't pay anymore than 2.75L and that's being generous. Even if the car is excellent , 3L max.

I sold my 2012 Figo ZXI 97k run diesel for 2L to car24. I received offers starting from 1.2L. This was when I took the car for exchange evaluation to a tata dealer.
Ragavsr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 11:33   #14304
BHPian

Re: Endeavour Price Check

Hello All,

Looking for a price check on the endeavour. Can anyone guide me in the right direction!?

Model : Endeavour 3.2 Titanium 4x4 AT
Year & Month : 2018 July manufactured model
Insurance expired
ran approx 9000kms (will get the genuinity of the kms and pre-purchase inspection done at the dealership)

Thanks in advance.
ldk2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 21:02   #14305
BHPian

Hello All ,
I'm in the market to buy a used POLO TSI here in Chennai. Have a Duster as a primary ride and the Polo Auto will replace my 6 year old A-Star Auto. I bumped on a Polo TSI today through Cardekho AD and made a visit to check it personally. Dropping here the details to get expert advice from fellow BHP'ians

Model : POLO TSI
Year : 2017
KM's run : 47 k
Interiors : well maintained / and beautiful made seat upholstery
condition : good for this ODO , took out for a spin on bad road and returned happy with no squeak noise or anything. nothing unusual from engine/GB .
Price quoted : 7.25 L ( negotiable)
service history : strange to hear that 2 years data available , missing 1 year in between.

expecting some feedbacks please!
vishnana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 18:20   #14306
BHPian

Hello All,
This is my first post! I have recently bought a preowned Ciaz in Gurgaon and sold my Wagon R in a small town in UP. The price levels may be useful for other members who might be looking for similar cars:
Car Sold:
Wagon R LXi (White colour)
Make & registration year - 2010
Second Owner (Dad bought the car in 2011 from an acquaintance when it had run less than 10k kms)
Odometer reading - 93,xxx kms
Registration City - Sitapur (UP)
Car sold in Sitapur
New battery
Tires - maybe 5k kms life left (last changed around 50-55k kms)
Comprehensive Insurance renewal done in Oct'20
Car condition - Good (there were few scratches as excepted for 10 years old car)
Selling Price - 1.60 Lacs, sold in Nov'20
Reason for selling - wanted to upgrade to a better car (was driving a hatchback since 2008). The car was performing beautifully.

Car Bought:
Ciaz Alpha 1.5 MT Petrol (Nexa Blue colour)
2018 manufactured and Feb'19 registered
Odometer reading when bought - 15,xxx kms
Registration City - Gurgaon (and transferred within Gurgaon)
Car covered under extended warranty till Feb'24
Zero Debt insurance valid till Jan'21
Car checked & evaluated at Nexa
Car condition - excellent
Buying Price - 7.95 Lacs, bought in Sep'20
Reason for selling by the seller - seller was going abroad on a job delegation.

I hope that the details are helpful for other members. Pardon me if I have missed out on any key detail.
rachitarora1985 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 12:21   #14307
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I am planning to sell my November 2015 edition Mahindra Scorpio S10 model. It has Delhi registration. The car is in very good condition with small scratches on front and back bumpers. All services done on time. It is in molten red color. It has run close to 33,000 Kms so far. Car is insured till November next year and so far I have not changed tyres or battery etc.

Thank You

Last edited by vikasshu : 18th December 2020 at 12:22. Reason: missed few details
vikasshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 17:11   #14308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasshu View Post
I am planning to sell my November 2015 edition Mahindra Scorpio S10 model. It has Delhi registration. The car is in very good condition with small scratches on front and back bumpers. All services done on time. It is in molten red color. It has run close to 33,000 Kms so far. Car is insured till November next year and so far I have not changed tyres or battery etc.
So please put an ad in https://classifieds.team-bhp.com and/or OLX, Quikr, Cars24 etc.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 17:16   #14309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
So please put an ad in https://classifieds.team-bhp.com and/or OLX, Quikr, Cars24 etc.
Hi hserus,

I goofed up. Actually I needed some feedback from the forum regarding prospective sales price. If any one of you can suggest a broad figure that I should expect.

I completely missed it out above in my post. Sorry for that

Regards
vikasshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 18:08   #14310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasshu View Post
Hi hserus,

I goofed up. Actually I needed some feedback from the forum regarding prospective sales price. If any one of you can suggest a broad figure that I should expect.

I completely missed it out above in my post. Sorry for that

Regards
Enter your car details in Orangebookvalue and see what they offer, and come back here for further assistance.

All the best.
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks