Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2020, 13:29   #14146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Friends - I had asked once prior and asking again.

My Baleno is up for sale (posted in classifieds as well). It's the White , Automatic , Zeta trim. 2017 model. Done 24K running. Second owner ( well , the first is my company and it's now in my name after lease completion ). Car is in super good condition.

What price can I expect please ?
I would have loved to buy your car,if I was on the lookout.
The closing price for car of your vintage would be between 6-6.8L for first owner vehicle. However lot of buyers would notice that they will be 3rd owner of the car and hence hesitate to buy OR drive down the price. Going to dealers will be even worse.
PS: All this based on experience of selling my friend's car when he migrated last year
akhil_007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 16:12   #14147
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

So i got my Linea T-jet evaluated and the price offered was not good but expected. The guy who came to inspect the car was nice but the guy who called for the quote was rude. He didn’t have patience to talk, was kind of weighing down on me. He cut the phone as soon as i said I cannot do it in 24 hours midway in the conversation, his job done. No offence meant or taken.

But the company itself is nice and professional. They have a set and super fast processes.
Old 13th October 2020, 16:20   #14148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandadevieast View Post
So i got my Linea T-jet evaluated and the price offered was not good but expected. The guy who came to inspect the car was nice but the guy who called for the quote was rude. He didn’t have patience to talk, was kind of weighing down on me. He cut the phone as soon as i said I cannot do it in 24 hours midway in the conversation, his job done. No offence meant or taken.

But the company itself is nice and professional. They have a set and super fast processes.
Don't sell this car as it is a keeper and resale value of Fiats are quite poor,especially in cities like Mumbai and Delhi.I suggest you to get the midlife makeover for your T-Jet.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 16:41   #14149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandadevieast View Post
So i got my Linea T-jet evaluated

Was this Cars24 or someone else ?
Old 13th October 2020, 18:30   #14150
Senior - BHPian

Car: Honda City Petrol
Year: 2014
ODO: 44000
Variant: SV
Transmission: CVT
No.of owners: 1

What is the fair price for the same? Is 5L a low offer?

I have been trying to get hold of a decent non Maruti car for the last one month (from an individual seller or reputed dealer). All online portals are filled with dealers or fake ads. I could short list few cars but quoted price are unrealistic.

Last edited by Latheesh : 13th October 2020 at 18:54.
Old 13th October 2020, 18:42   #14151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
What is the fair price for the same? Is 5L a low offer?
As usual, before you even start negotiations, get the car evaluated by a honest mechanic/trusted service centre to check if it isn’t wrecked/stolen/flooded and ask for proof of service records to verify if the mileage is genuine.

If it all checks out, and depending on the condition of the battery & all 5 tyres, your offer is fair. If the battery & tyres are brand new, raise your offer by a little but don’t overpay.

Always be patient when hunting for a used car.

If you’re willing to expand your search, include the Corolla too.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 00:34   #14152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
The last time I checked, the hybrid battery pack alone costed almost $5,000 so plan accordingly. Though having said that, I doubt you’ll have much unforeseen expenses on a 5yr old barely broken in Camry.
Thanks @ChoosetoCruze. I had this car's service records checked and the mileage of 31000 was genuine. I also got a price of Rs. 2.3 Lakhs including taxes(labor is extra) to replace the hybrid battery from my trusted SA at Nandi Toyota Whitefield, Bangalore. He also said they've only replaced 1 hybrid battery in the last 5 years of their selling Camry Hybrid and said it's usually reliable and easily lasts 7-8 years. He also said the car had left side front and rear door replaced for major dents and D pillar quarter panel replaced as well.

When I spoke to the owner to get the car to A.S.S for a further thorough check, he backed out and said he'd like to stick to the car since he's emotionally attached and his Son was pushing him to switch to a smaller car. Seems he's had a few accidents and that's why these service repairs and his family wanted him to move to a smaller car but his heart won and he's decided to keep the car. My search continues.

Since I'm used to the Corolla and want an Automatic to deal with the BLR traffic, the only upgrades I see are Camry Hybrid, Skoda Octavia or Superb. I also looked for a used CRV, but could find nothing from 2015 or later model years and the wind noise, tyre noise is higher than my Corolla, which isn't comfortable.

My budget is between 15L to 20L. Should I bite the bullet and dabble with a used Octavia or Superb? I can retain my Corolla as a beater, but I don't know of reliable FNGs who can deal with Skoda vehicles in Bangalore.

Or should I switch to a used Corolla AT? Any thoughts and recommendations would help
skarthikeyan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 05:39   #14153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthikeyan View Post
his heart won and he's decided to keep the car. My search continues.

My budget is between 15L to 20L. Should I bite the bullet and dabble with a used Octavia or Superb? I can retain my Corolla as a beater, but I don't know of reliable FNGs who can deal with Skoda vehicles in Bangalore.
Too bad! But like you said, the search continues.

If you can find another Camry which checks out & is within your budget, why look elsewhere?

A Corolla AT won’t really be an upgrade for you since you already own one and it’ll rob you the wow factor after spending 20L.

I don’t know about you, but I’m not brave enough to own any new generation German vehicle thanks to them being over engineered & turning into a Pandora’s Box of failures once they start ageing. I’m all for spending money to keep the car looking fabulous & working flawlessly throughout its life, however I loathe the German vehicles because past the 5yr mark, they start turning into endless money pits.

More so for you, because you’ve already got a taste of Toyota reliability, owning an expensive used German will be like being at the other extreme of what you’re used to. My advice would be to stay away from them unless you have the patience, time & money (lots of it) to deal with them falling apart as they age. I know I don’t.

Alternatively, if you want to stick to a similar size of car as your Corolla, you have a choice of a new Civic petrol V CVT. The onroad price in Bangalore shows 22L, but Honda has a cash discount of 1L & you can put your bargaining skills to the test to get the price down further below 20L. You may be looking at a new car purchase.. - https://www.hondacarindia.com/offers

I’d stick to Japanese (specifically Toyota & Honda) if I were you. They are the gold standard of reliability & fuss free ownership.

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 15th October 2020 at 05:51.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 15:30   #14154

What would be a good price for a 2014 pre-facelift Polo GT TSI that has run 29k kilometres? The car has complete service history that I have personally checked, still worried about the DSG mechatronic unit, since that is something which will cost a bomb to replace if it breaks in the future.

However, considering this is a relatively low mileage vehicle, would it be worth a calculated risk to consider purchasing the car? If so, what price should I offer?
sebastian5ettel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 18:46   #14155
BHPian

What I found during my sale of my old car and buying a new /used car is that compared to 2014, the number of listings by individuals have become meagre and olx is overwhelmingly full of dealers and brokers .

The new car dealers quote pathetic exchange prices while used car dealers (both organized and local) quote exorbitant rates while selling. The mafia has truly taken hold.

The likes of cars24 provide decent offers especially if you negotiate hard and stick to your price. But they are making decent money charging both buyers and sellers a commission.
Old 16th October 2020, 18:55   #14156
Senior - BHPian

Just curious about these. What should be a fair price for the D2 segment SUV's and a D2 segment sedan like Camry? Below mentioned are the KMs and age for the cars, and please suggest me good price for them. Conditions for them are similar-

KMS- 30K-40K.
Age of the car- 2 years to 2.5 Years
Condition- Great to Excellent

1) Fortuner 4WD AT
2) Endeavour 2.2 Titanium+ 4WD AT
3) Alturas G4 4WD AT
4) Camry Hybrid (Latest generation)

Last edited by 07CR : 16th October 2020 at 18:58.
Old 16th October 2020, 19:34   #14157
KPR
BANNED

My cousin is looking for a used petrol car at around 4-5 lakhs. He's a first time driver & buyer. Need help from members in price that he can pay for:

Car: Toyota Etios Liva 1.2 Petrol
Year: 2018
ODO: 16800 km
Variant: V dual tone (Red-Black)
Transmission: MT
No.of owners: 2 (second owner hasn't changed name yet)
Old 16th October 2020, 20:11   #14158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
My cousin is looking for a used petrol car at around 4-5 lakhs. He's a first time driver & buyer.
Probably one of the best cars for a first time buyer. The car is worth more than 5L especially since it’s legally only had 1 owner & low mileage (I’m assuming you/they have got the car checked by a honest mechanic/ASC)

However, we are in a pandemic. Offer what the buyer can afford & take it from there. Keep a little money aside for a full service if the car is due for the 20,000kms service.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Just curious about these.

1) Fortuner 4WD AT
2) Endeavour 2.2 Titanium+ 4WD AT
4) Camry Hybrid (Latest generation)
The Fortuner & Camry are both worth low to mid 30L especially if they are mechanically sound.

The Endeavour however would be much cheaper used.

I must say, it’s odd to have a Camry compete with ladder on frame SUVs.

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 16th October 2020 at 20:18.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 15:31   #14159
Senior - BHPian

Back with another request

Car: VW Vento
Year: 2015
ODO: 73500
Variant: 1.5 TDI HIGHLINE AT
Transmission: DSG
No.of owners: 1

Asking price after initial negotiation is 6.3 Lakh. What is the fair value? Thanks in advance.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 15:41   #14160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Back with another request
Asking price after initial negotiation is 6.3 Lakh. What is the fair value? Thanks in advance.
Here in chennai, I almost finalized a Skoda Rapid Ambition 1.5TDI run 72k I Owner for 4.95 L before the seller revealed RC was lost.

For a Highline plus AT , will be a good price if you can close for 6L. I assume used car prices will be higher in Kerala.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 17th October 2020 at 15:42.
Ragavsr is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed