Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2020, 17:36   #14176
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Try looking for the previous generation Jazz - the one in product till 2012. Those ones were better put together and interior quality is a notch or two above the current generation. Engine + gearbox is the same as the current generation petrol Jazz. You also get the practicality of the magic seats at the rear. Reliability is generally considered bullet proof!
Thanks Geo_Ipe. While that does seem like a sound option, we are not too keen on cars that are over 5 years old. Thing is even though some cars are built to last it's not easy to come across well maintained examples.
Old 21st October 2020, 22:06   #14177

Hi,
I am looking to buy an used Automatic Sedan in the D Segment with budget (7-8L). Confused between Octavia/Jetta/Altis. I am existing user of Corolla(2005) and Corolla Altis (2013).

Evaluating 3 options (all automatics):
2014 50K Run Altis ~8.5L
2015 96K Run Altis ~7.8L
2014 66K Run Octavia Petrol ~8L

Which is fair price to pay considering vintage and running for these?
schumi2508 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 00:06   #14178
Senior - BHPian

Back again :-)

Car: VW Vento
Year: 2017
ODO: 20000
Variant: 1.2 TSI HIGHLINE AT
Transmission: DSG
No.of owners: 1

Asking price is 8.5L, what is the fair price for the same? We were thinking of making an offer between 7-7.5L
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Latheesh : 22nd October 2020 at 00:10.
Old 22nd October 2020, 05:56   #14179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopash View Post
Please share your views.
Do you usually overpay for your vehicles? I feel the street value is not more than 4.5L (for a discontinued German vehicle). But since you’ve already finalised the deal, just enjoy the purchase & pray nothing expensive breaks during your ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
What would be the ideal price for a 2010 i20 Magna? The only niggle is the AC is not working at full capacity and needs to be diagnosed.
Peanuts. If you are the owner, fix the AC cooling issue first.

If you are considering buying it, find another example among the millions of i20s out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
What will be the ideal price for a Feb 2012 Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI, run about 125,000?
You’d be lucky if you got 2L. It depends on the buyer, really. But the street value is extremely low thanks to it being an almost 9 yr old, high mileage, German.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumi2508 View Post
Evaluating 3 options (all automatics):
2014 50K Run Altis ~8.5L
2015 96K Run Altis ~7.8L
2014 66K Run Octavia Petrol ~8L
None of those cars are an upgrade to your 2013 Corolla, really. And no way in hell an almost 7yr old DSG is worth 8L. If that DSG goes out, the total cost of replacement will EASILY exceed the value of the car. German vehicles are to be enjoyed (?) brand new or a 2-3yr old example (max).

You are going to go from one extreme of ultimate reliability (Toyota), to the other extreme of high maintenance (VW).

The real options for you would be a Camry/Accord. You can expect similar maintenance bills as compared to your Corolla. Start here https://droom.in/product/toyota-camr...f3ace608cf229a & https://www.olx.in/en/item/toyota-ca...iid-1580939584

If it has to be one from your above 3 choices, I’d pick the 2015 Corolla at close to 7L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Back again :-)
Let me put it this way, you can get a brand new Rapid AT with a RELIABLE Aisin TC for 2-3L more (if you bargain hard). If you’re going to buy German, buy brand new. If it HAS to be used, do not overpay! Why do YOU want to absorb the depreciation hit of the owner?

For the above example, if it’s out of warranty, nothing more than 6.5L-7L.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 09:26   #14180
BHPian

How much can I expect for the below.

Car: S-Cross
Year: 2015 August
ODO: 46000
Variant: 1.3 DDIS Zeta
Old 22nd October 2020, 11:29   #14181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
For the above example, if it’s out of warranty, nothing more than 6.5L-7L.
Thanks

Car: Ford Ecosport Diesel
Year: 2017 December
ODO: 17000
Variant: Titanium
Transmission: Manual
Condition: Some scratches on the body

Insurance and annual maintenance are due in couple of months. Is 7.2L ok considering these immediate expenses?
Old 22nd October 2020, 11:46   #14182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
How much can I expect
Somewhere around 6L. If you sell to a dealer, expect way lesser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Is 7.2L ok considering these immediate expenses?
Now that’s much better!

If you’re abreast of the Ford situation in India & confident about getting the vehicle serviced, I think that’s a good option considering it’s barely 3 yrs old & hardly broken in..

Still, I’d use the insurance renewal & service costs to knock down the price to 7L (if you can). Also, are those scratches minor? If yes, ignore. If no (deep scratches), use that as another tool to knock off a few more thousands to get them fixed.

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 22nd October 2020 at 11:52.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 13:52   #14183
BHPian

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
Somewhere around 6L. If you sell to a dealer, expect way lesser.

Thanks for the info. Well in that case Cars24 has offered me a much higher price after waiting for couple of days of rejecting the initial offer. I think I should then go ahead with their offer.

Even the maruti true value guys gave me more than 6lk. And this is in Bangalore.

Last edited by sou_3749 : 22nd October 2020 at 13:54.
sou_3749 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 14:06   #14184
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Well in that case Cars24 has offered me a much higher price after waiting for couple of days of rejecting the initial offer. I think I should then go ahead with their offer.

Even the maruti true value guys gave me more than 6lk. And this is in Bangalore.
I apologise, I should have been clearer - 6L is the minimum which you should expect. And now that I realise you’re in Bangalore (~ +1L), the higher price offered only makes sense.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 15:10   #14185
BHPian

Quote:

Fair price for a S Cross Zeta. I was about to finalize a 2017 zeta for 6.99 here in Chennai before we decided to get a new XUV300.

If you selling to cars24, take their instant payment offer wven if it costs 2k more. Otherwise these people pay a token amount of 1 rupee and take the car and also impose a cancellation penalty of 5000 if you cancel which is daylight robbery.
Ragavsr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 15:50   #14186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Fair price for a S Cross Zeta. I was about to finalize a 2017 zeta for 6.99 here in Chennai before we decided to get a new XUV300.

If you selling to cars24, take their instant payment offer wven if it costs 2k more. Otherwise these people pay a token amount of 1 rupee and take the car and also impose a cancellation penalty of 5000 if you cancel which is daylight robbery.
Keeping in mind mine was a 2015 model, 6.8 is something I wouldn't have got even from individual buyers and of course the hassle of transfer.

I took instant payment at 1k extra charge seems fine. I hope this info will help people on similar boat.
Old 23rd October 2020, 02:16   #14187

Hello TeamBHP, this is my first post / reply. I wasn't sure if I should (am allowed to) create a dedicated post for this. I could if its okay

Need help picking my first (used) petrol car. i10 vs Ritz . Budget 1-2 lacs. Mostly small town driving + hilly areas.

I'm a very new driver. Just learning to drive. My dad has a 2004 Zen Lxi that has done only about 50k km.

Based on extensive online research out here, youtube a few other portals I narrowed it down to these two cars : Hyundai i10 (2010-17) vs Maruti Ritz (2009-2017). The reason I narrowed it down to these two (based on reviews) is that I have back issues and good seating is important for me (heard swift doesn't have great back support ?). Total people in car usually would be 2. Rarely 4-5.

I don't earn a lot (20-30k p.m) and want to spend a max of 2 lacs on a petrol car. Usage would probably be minimal (max 5-6k km per year), hence petrol. I'm looking for a car I can learn / improve on and drive for at least 5 years. Don't care too much about very good pickup or ultra high speed driving.

Comfort, mileage and low service / maintenance costs are a priority.
  • Which of these cars is easier to drive ? (Steering, gear shifting, visibility, blind spots, rear visibility, suspensions etc)
  • Which clutch is easier on the left foot ? From what I read the i10 clutch (and other pedals too) is really light / smooth. If its rated an 8/10 would the ritz be a 5 ? a 6 ? I have a slight issue in my left knee and want the lightest clutch possible (can't afford an AMT and avoiding Alto etc.)
  • What about the mileage I should expect from these cars. (bumper - bumper traffic, easy city drives, highway driving). Is 15 kmpl unrealistic ?
  • Service / Maintenance charges + parts availability: Are they comparable for these cars ?
  • And finally, which year, variant should I be looking at in my budget ? And how many kms should it have run (assuming first owner only).

Last edited by benbsb29 : 23rd October 2020 at 03:52. Reason: Edited to remove header tags.
brainchutney is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 06:13   #14188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainchutney View Post
Hello TeamBHP, this is my first post / reply...Need help picking my first (used) petrol car. i10 vs Ritz . Budget 1-2 lacs. Mostly small town driving + hilly areas.
Hello brainchutney, interesting username indeed. Welcome to the family. Indeed there is a dedicated sub forum for your query. Please check this out

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/ There is a better chance you will get help there

Mods: please move this post to the relevant thread.
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 15:09   #14189

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Hello brainchutney, interesting username indeed. Welcome to the family. Indeed there is a dedicated sub forum for your query. Please check this out

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/ There is a better chance you will get help there

Mods: please move this post to the relevant thread.
Thanks for the reply. Will post in the thread you mentioned. Cheers.
brainchutney is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 15:36   #14190
BHPian

Hello.
I am looking for a 2018 CLA petrol or C Class Diesel (Chandigarh number). What price range should I be expecting?

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks