Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2016, 12:16   #511
BHPian

Re: Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
As per http://www.customercare.hyundai.co.i...harges-40.aspx, the labor charges for clutch overhaul for i20 at Chennai is only 2040 Rs. If part costs 12K, then total shouldn't exceed 15K, right? Is your SA planning to change clutch cylinder also?
No, not the cylinder. Just the regular clutch overhaul for the plates. The worst part about this is that, he says that the clutch is looking okay, except that it has become a little hard. Clearly, he is trying to fill me, and that's why I opted to not go ahead with anything with him or V3 Hyundai. I'm planning to approach Kun and DSC for quotes.

Appreciate if anyone of you can refer me to a good third party garage. I've tried Carz OMR once and the experience with them was no better than Hyundai ASC's. They had quoted ₹32k for a clutch overhaul 2 years ago when my car had done 35k kms on the odo.
Old 31st July 2016, 10:39   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
As per http://www.customercare.hyundai.co.i...harges-40.aspx, the labor charges for clutch overhaul for i20 at Chennai is only 2040 Rs. If part costs 12K, then total shouldn't exceed 15K, right? Is your SA planning to change clutch cylinder also?
This is the quote I got from V3 Hyundai for clutch replacement and other stuff.

Old 4th August 2016, 12:04   #513
BHPian

Gave my i10 (Apr 2010, 87k kms) for routine paid servicing today at the Hyundai ASC. Since I had few pressing matters to attend at office I couldnt stay back to oversee the service.

I got a call just now from the service advisor stating that the suspension is pretty weak (?), and since the car has run more than 6 years, its advisable to change the same, quoting Rs.8000/- including labour. About 30% of my daily run is on some really bad roads, but is this work really needed, and is the cost reasonable?

Thanks, Ramesh
Old 4th August 2016, 15:13   #514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Gave my i10 (Apr 2010, 87k kms)... About 30% of my daily run is on some really bad roads, but is this work really needed,...
Has the ride become really stiff? I think 6 years / 87K kms could be good time to overhaul your suspension; but 8K for this job alone looks quite expensive to me.

You could ask him the details of the parts to be replaced and get quote for the items. Plus, it's always nice to get a second opinion from a reputed FNG ( and their quote for suspension overhaul too).
Old 4th August 2016, 15:29   #515
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
I got a call just now from the service advisor stating that the suspension is pretty weak (?), and since the car has run more than 6 years, its advisable to change the same, quoting Rs.8000/- including labour.
What are the parts they are asking to replace and is it including labor? Do check.

Depending on wear and tear one needs to decide what needs working, and ideally while replacing things like strut or arms, replace both sides to get the best effect and avoid rework later on.
Old 23rd September 2016, 09:31   #516
BHPian

This is V3 Hyundai's typical way of fleecing customers. I got my clutch replaced at Expert Spanners Sholinganallur for 7k. I would probably rate them 2 / 5. I feel shifting into some gears have become difficult post replacement although their are no other issues. Probably I should have bit the bullet and went ahead with an authorized Service center for a job like this.

OT : Makes me think I should move away to an A.S.S which is more pocket friendly and offers peace of mind
Old 25th September 2016, 21:28   #517
BHPian

Went to the Hyundai Service Centre (MGF) near my place with a friend to give his i20 (previous model before Elite) for the 40k KM Service.
The SA suggested an oil change to Shell Synthetic which would cost 2500 extra overall. Additionally the other major work mentioned was the replacement of front ball joints (that's what he said over the phone to my friend) and front brake pads.
Total estimate given was around 16k. We specifically requested that Alignment/ Balancing and Tyre Rotation not be done.
Is this estimate acceptable and what would be possible symptoms of the ball joints requiring replacement (he mentioned steering and not the cv joints as far as I could understand)?
Also took a photo of the standard labour charges currently displayed over there.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!-dsc_1016.jpg  

nmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 14:07   #518
BANNED

After going through the thread thus far, I can draw the following conclusions -

a) I needn't feel embarassed about M&M's supposedly poor record regarding its ASS and the niggling reliability issues dogging its products - being a Scorpio owner for the past dozen years! My sympathy for Hyundai owners has increased many folds after reading all the unfortunate experiences they have suffered at the hands of unscrupulous dealers and authorized service centres.

b) It is also an awakening of sorts! - that the supposed halo around the Hyundai name is really no more than an illusion! Going through the thread one gets the sense that Hyundai itself appears to harbor some sort of disdain/contempt for the Indian customer's feedback. And yet, like the Pied Piper of Hamlyn, it seems to have the same customers drooling at the launch of a new model - however "soulless" it may finally turn out to be!
Old 6th November 2016, 16:43   #519
Senior - BHPian

Folks

I own a 2009 santro xing and facing a peculiar problem related to fuel gauge. After filling petrol to an extent, the gauge indicates the correct amt of fuel accordingly. But after some minutes of running the car, the needle starts coming downwards way below the E mark.
I gave the car to Blue Hyundai in Koramangala and the service advisor changed the fuel pump, wiring but the problem still persisted.
He also changed the grounding point as one of the chips was getting hot too soon. He changed the panel in my car with that of the other car and the gauge worked.
The conclusion was the instrument panel in my car is faulty that needs replacement. He quoted about Rs 6500 and that he needs to order the part
Is there any other option of rectifying the existing panel. Dos anyone know if there are electrical shops in J C Road that deal with Fuel gauge repair.
Old 6th November 2016, 18:19   #520
Senior - BHPian

Does the diesel filter have to be changed every 20k kms for all Hyundai diesel cars? I got my 20k kms service done from Rama Hyundai Vasant Kunj and the SA told me that it has to be changed every 20k kms. It costed Rs.1800 without labour.
Old 6th November 2016, 18:53   #521
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Dos anyone know if there are electrical shops in J C Road that deal with Fuel gauge repair.
If it is a minor component or soldering types it can be repaired, no idea about shops at JC Road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Hyundai Vasant Kunj and the SA told me that it has to be changed every 20k kms. It costed Rs.1800 without labour.
Yes most cars have fuel filter replaced at this mark, some at 10,000 kms itself.
Old 10th November 2016, 21:59   #522
Senior - BHPian

Regarding Low Cost Diesel Filter for Hyundai Cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth
The diesel filter cost Rs.1800 without labour.
You can buy Diesel Filter from PartsBigBoss.in.
I bought Diesel Filter for our Elite i20 from PartsBigBoss for around 600/- + Shipping. I got it fitted at my FNG.

Disclaimer-I don't have any Financial Interest in this with Parts Big Boss.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 07:55   #523
Senior - BHPian

Folks

Not sure if this is the right tread to post my problem. I own a Hyundai santro Xing. Off late the fuel gauge is not working. It always points below the E mark even after filling fuel. The ASS checked that there was no problem in the wiring. In fact I replaced the float with a new one. So the problem right now is centered on the instrument panel
Looks like this has to be replaced. Does anyone know where I can get a new instrument panel because the ASS quoted Rs 6300 while the same panel in JC Road, Bangalore costs Rs 3300. Not sure if there can be a drastic difference in price.
Old 5th January 2017, 10:56   #524
Senior - BHPian

There are many possibilities - one is that it is from a scrapped vehicle, the other that it is a third party component.

In any case, try it out and if it works feel free to buy it - the car is old enough for that kind of liberty to be taken with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Folks

Not sure if this is the right tread to post my problem. I own a Hyundai santro Xing. Off late the fuel gauge is not working. It always points below the E mark even after filling fuel. The ASS checked that there was no problem in the wiring. In fact I replaced the float with a new one. So the problem right now is centered on the instrument panel
Looks like this has to be replaced. Does anyone know where I can get a new instrument panel because the ASS quoted Rs 6300 while the same panel in JC Road, Bangalore costs Rs 3300. Not sure if there can be a drastic difference in price.
Old 6th January 2017, 09:10   #525
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai is still continuing unfair anti-competitive trade practices. They don't supply OEM spare parts to 3rd party vendors or Online retailers. Is there some place other than courts where we can complain.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks