Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2017, 18:09   #526
BHPian

Re: Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!

Hello guys,

I'm hearing a dug-dug sound from my Accent's rear-right suspension area since the last couple of weeks. It started after driving through a slightly broken patch of road near EGL, Domlur (Bangalore) at a slightly higher speed (~50-55).
This sound is only from the rear-right side and is non-existent over smooth roads and if there is load at the rear (2-3 people). Also, the car feels wobbly if the right side of the car goes over some undulated surface or patches. And even while going over smaller potholes, there is a "thud" which wasn't there earlier.

I generally prefer Hyundai ASS for issues with major components and Trident SAs are generally competent and fix the issues promptly. However this time, even post multiple checkups they are clueless about the problem. They have asked me to go for a suspension overhaul followed by replacing both rear shocks.

Since they are clueless about the problem, I feel I should take it to an FNG for a second opinion and was looking for any leads/recommendation of a good FNG known for good suspension work.
Old 3rd December 2017, 11:41   #527

You can search within the Team-BHP directory for referrals to good garages at your location. If you are in Bangalore then check:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/

In Bangalore, you can even try a third-party service which inspects your car and suggests suitable garages to get your car fixed, based on problem and your preferences. Check out the post below:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
Old 27th May 2018, 16:35   #528
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai's Authorized service center hasn't changed their attitude toward's customer one bit even after all these year's.

stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 23:30   #529
BHPian

Gave my uncles Santa Fe for service and even after 4 hours at the workshop "After coming from office" nothing had happened. Upon inquiry the service adviser first told me to get the car tomorrow but when I got all worked-up he said they did not have the required parts for replacement "Suspension Tit-bits/brake pads/etc" even though I had given them a week to procure the items.
Old 22nd June 2018, 11:36   #530
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

I am planning to purchase a used i20 Asta (o) Sunroof Diesel 2010 60k run vehicle.

My questions to experts / users are below
  1. Is the Sunroof in i20 prone to leakage? (why else did they discontinue the sunroof?)
  2. Is the performance of the diesel comparable to the MJD 1.3?
  3. Whats the expected FE I should expect in City Traffic (Mumbai)?

Guidance requested by all!

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd June 2018, 11:48   #531
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Hi guys,

I am planning to purchase a used i20 Asta (o) Sunroof Diesel 2010 60k run vehicle.

My questions to experts / users are below
  1. Is the Sunroof in i20 prone to leakage? (why else did they discontinue the sunroof?)
  2. Is the performance of the diesel comparable to the MJD 1.3?
  3. Whats the expected FE I should expect in City Traffic (Mumbai)?

Guidance requested by all!

Thanks in advance.
1. No, it is not prone to leakage if maintained well.
2. Much better than 1.3 MJD
3. 13-14 kmpl with AC

That said, i assume this i20 that you are looking for has black center console and orange back light on center console speedo. If yes, avoid. The initial batch of i20( Till 2011) had a notorious problem of steering rattle where you could hear a metal rattling sound going over a bad patch of road. This is a design issue and was not solved by hyundai. Look for i-gen i20 . That model was launched in 2012 mid and many issues of the initial batch have been sorted out
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 16:57   #532
BHPian

Hyundai Accent 2008, clutch overhaul. Rs24K. Kept the car for 1.5 days
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!-b.jpg  

Old 4th July 2018, 17:18   #533
Team-BHP Support

Our Santro AT clutch packed up at 65k kms and as usual not repair or child part available. Cost of replacement of whole AT at 2 lakhs, repair from outside was 60-75k INR. In short repair was possible, but i was not comfortable with a non OE repair. So finally decided to exchange it for a brand new Ignis.

Though Hyundai offered best deal for Grand i10, the long term experience of maintaining a car with Hyundai dissuaded me from going for it. No more Hyundai horror stories for me!
Jaggu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 17:56   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Our Santro AT clutch packed up at 65k kms and as usual not repair or child part available. Cost of replacement of whole AT at 2 lakhs, repair from outside was 60-75k INR. In short repair was possible, but i was not comfortable with a non OE repair. So finally decided to exchange it for a brand new Ignis.

Though Hyundai offered best deal for Grand i10, the long term experience of maintaining a car with Hyundai dissuaded me from going for it. No more Hyundai horror stories for me!
Could you please elaborate on the GB failure?
I use an i10 AT (currently 92k+ kms) and I guess the boxes are similar if not same.
Also, how much exchange value did you get for the santro in as-is condition?
Old 4th July 2018, 18:36   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
Hyundai Accent 2008, clutch overhaul. Rs24K. Kept the car for 1.5 days
Why were the Clutch Master and Release cylinders changed ? Was there any leakage or other issue in the clutch actuation system ?

Also, not to nitpick, the cost of clutch overhaul is 22k and not 24k as two parts (Surge Air Intake & Regulator Assy) are not part of clutch. They must have been changed for unrelated issues.
Old 4th July 2018, 18:44   #536
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Could you please elaborate on the GB failure?
When i bought the car it had done around 35k kms and around 7 years, first time i took to service i asked if we should change the AT fluid? They said don't bother and it is for life. Again i checked at various service intervals and it was same story. Finally when i insisted, service threw a googly at me, that it would cost about 20000 INR. At that point car was about 14 years, and we were wondering if we should retain it or not.

Within 1 month of this, when the drive was engaged the car wouldn't move. Once you keep shifting through all the drive positions and with some heavy revs the drive would engage with a jerk. Then drive as if it is all normal, till the car was parked for long / overnight. Slight bearing type noise also was observed at this point of time.

When i did an oil quality check using tissue paper at this point of time, i realized that it was too late... oil had already lost its properties (color was dark and burnt smell) and had done the damage to the box. Am pretty sure if i had got the oil changed at 40-50k kms, box would have easily carried on for another 10 years lol

Quote:
I use an i10 AT (currently 92k+ kms) and I guess the boxes are similar if not same.
Do check the oil color using tissue paper. Video's are available online on how to if you google and it takes about 1 minute to do yourself.

Quote:
Also, how much exchange value did you get for the santro in as-is condition?
I was offered 75k initially by the dealer evaluator who had no clue that the box would misbehave only when cold. I did not want any confusion later on and informed about the issue and insisted that they double check and get back. In fact they were surprised as to why a customer is asking for lesser value

Finally they offered 50k and without a blink i threw the car at them. Junk usually fetches 25k is what i was told.
Jaggu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 19:30   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
? Was there any leakage or other issue in the clutch actuation system ?
Regulator Assy..
Yes the slaver cylinder had a leak. The car is at 97K. So it seemed better to change both, that's what I was suggested.
Yes, the Regulator assembly - is for the frnt Door Power window.
sinhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 00:24   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
When i bought the car ....
35K in 7 years is very low usage, but was the car used in severe conditions (which also includes excessive stop n go traffic)? In that case the ATF change interval is 40K kms, else it's just 'inspect' till 80K kms as mentioned in the manual.

I plan to change the ATF next year, if I decide to keep the car for the next 5 years.
The fluid is costly, my car needs 6.1L of the same, and shall require ordering in advance, as I have been told by the HASC.

IMO you received quite a fair value for your car.
Old 5th July 2018, 12:06   #539
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
35K in 7 years is very low usage, but was the car used in severe conditions (which also includes excessive stop n go traffic)?
====
IMO you received quite a fair value for your car.
Typical Bangalore and Mangalore traffic till 7 years when the previous owner was using it and the remaining BLR city. So yes it would have had taken the toll on the ATF.

Yes i felt i got a GREAT deal at resale from an almost dead car, though otherwise it had almost 40k worth brand new parts! lol
Old 5th July 2018, 13:03   #540
BHPian

Quote:

I plan to change the ATF next year, if I decide to keep the car for the next 5 years.
My i10 Auto has done around 83K+ kms in 9 years,the car has gone for service today and the adviser has told me not to worry about the transmission oil for upto 1L kms, what makes me nervous is that most of the ASC advisors dont seem to have much knowldege about the Auto box.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks