Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2015, 18:29   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!

Hyundai after sales service is the worst. Their general attitude is just to fleece money from us as if money is growing on trees for the rest of us.

They also do a very shoddy work, once they scratched my car while it was in service.

I decided to do small things like oil changes myself and a thread is also posted on the same to help other members since I don't believe Hyundai ASS can handle our car's safely.
stanjohn123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 19:45   #452
BHPian

I believe its absolutely useless talking to these service center folks. Yes and additional compliments you get is some scratches.

I have tried to complain Hyundai customer multiple number of times, however it gets forwarded to same service center where my cars went for service.

The only reason I bought Hyundai was, the number of service center can be matched to Maruti.

However My trust about Hyundai has taken a huge dent. As a company it is not taking care of customers, even when complained to customer care they are not responding. After escalation they put up some official number which is suppose to be regional manager who never picks the call.

My care was just 2 or 3 months old and brakes were not working all of sudden. took it to workshop. kept my car for three days. and gave back the car replacing master brake cylinder and few scratches. since then I don't have good feeling for brakes. complained numerous number of times. nothing has been the outcome.

Head lights are misaligned from Day 1. Light throw is not at all adequate. no matter how much escalation I do, no matter how many times I call customer service, they are not acknowledging the problem and service center say nothing can be done. On top of it, I have been told if I change the bulbs, and if due to heat chrome melts, then u cannot claim the warranty. Now that is what is holding me back.

Now the new problem has started. whenever I rotate steering wheel to left, its emitting trrrrrrrrrrr noise. I need to take to service station, but looking at their incompetence, I have no faith.

One thing has been decided. whenever I'm done with this car, I'm gonna dispose it and will never shop with Hyundai brand. After spending 14 big ones, if they don't even have right customer service at place I wonder what will happen for my regular service 3 years down the line.

One thing is for sure. I have owned 3 cars before including maruti. Now I repent, what a big mistake it was to go with Hyundai.

Anyway my 3rd Service bill for Verna Diesel was 6.5k.

Last edited by Endofdayz : 23rd November 2015 at 19:48. Reason: correction
Endofdayz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 15:04   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Hyundai after sales service is the worst. Their general attitude is just to fleece money from us as if money is growing on trees for the rest of us.

They also do a very shoddy work, once they scratched my car while it was in service.

I decided to do small things like oil changes myself and a thread is also posted on the same to help other members since I don't believe Hyundai ASS can handle our car's safely.
I'll tell you something I've seen take place right in front of my eyes. I've seen their employees driving the car pretty aggressively within the service premises.
The interesting one was this chap who got the car out of tight spots by pulling the handbrake while accelerating hard. The car somehow skid it's way out of the spot.

They often ask you to either leave the car with them or wait in the waiting room while they finish. However, I never do that. Heck, I am often baffled seeing people who casually let the service center drivers pick the cars up from their house.

How do we even know how they're driving or even if they're being responsible or not?
rahul_jo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 16:11   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
I believe its absolutely useless talking to these service center folks. Yes and additional compliments you get is some scratches.

I have tried to complain Hyundai customer multiple number of times, however it gets forwarded to same service center where my cars went for service.

The only reason I bought Hyundai was, the number of service center can be matched to Maruti.

However My trust about Hyundai has taken a huge dent. As a company it is not taking care of customers, even when complained to customer care they are not responding. After escalation they put up some official number which is suppose to be regional manager who never picks the call.

My care was just 2 or 3 months old and brakes were not working all of sudden. took it to workshop. kept my car for three days. and gave back the car replacing master brake cylinder and few scratches. since then I don't have good feeling for brakes. complained numerous number of times. nothing has been the outcome.

Head lights are misaligned from Day 1. Light throw is not at all adequate. no matter how much escalation I do, no matter how many times I call customer service, they are not acknowledging the problem and service center say nothing can be done. On top of it, I have been told if I change the bulbs, and if due to heat chrome melts, then u cannot claim the warranty. Now that is what is holding me back.

Now the new problem has started. whenever I rotate steering wheel to left, its emitting trrrrrrrrrrr noise. I need to take to service station, but looking at their incompetence, I have no faith.

One thing has been decided. whenever I'm done with this car, I'm gonna dispose it and will never shop with Hyundai brand. After spending 14 big ones, if they don't even have right customer service at place I wonder what will happen for my regular service 3 years down the line.

One thing is for sure. I have owned 3 cars before including maruti. Now I repent, what a big mistake it was to go with Hyundai.

Anyway my 3rd Service bill for Verna Diesel was 6.5k.
Which service center is it? Some service center branches in Bangalore are really bad and must be avoided like plague.For example Blue Hyundai all branches. They are a bunch of cheats and thoroughly incompetent when it comes to diagnosing and fixing problems.

Most service centers are like it. From my personal experience the Service Adviser makes a lot of difference. A good service adviser will ensure that the problems are correctly identified and assigned to the correct mechanic on the floor

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 24th November 2015 at 16:18.
Old 24th November 2015, 16:20   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Which service center is it? Some service center branches in Bangalore are really bad and must be avoided like plague.For example Blue Hyundai all branches. They are a bunch of cheats and thoroughly incompetent when it comes to diagnosing and fixing problems.

Most service centers are like it. From my personal experience the Service Adviser makes a lot of difference. A good service adviser will ensure that the problems are correctly identified and assigned to the correct mechanic on the floor
Obviously. this thread is for Advaith Hyundai Bangalore. JP Nagar Branch.

I forgot to mention another instance. Hyundai had called me to rate the service. 1 to 7 being poor. I said 2. The lady on phone was trying to convince me to give above 8. I said when I'm not satisfied with service, how can I give you 8 or above. You will not even think what happened next. She disconnected the call.
Old 24th November 2015, 17:54   #456
BHPian

Now my Verna of late has minor issues cropping up. One of which has been light throw which is useless for night driving, after repeated attempts to get them aligned correctly have done nothing. In fact they told me to get a 90/100 lamp with a relay, when asked if it would void warranty, they said yes. Thankfully I got the projector set from Korea, gonna get it fitted soon.

Secondly I have been complaining of a hard trrrr sound that comes when turning the car to the right sometimes which was also not rectified despite repeated visits. They give some stupid reason and hand over the car back.

When I gave the car for second service, it was returned to me without being washed and I was billed for the same. Gave them a mouthful. Rated them 3 out of 10.

This was all at advaith Hyundai JP nagar.

Will give for 3rd service at advaith BG Road and after that it's going to be my trusted FNG near my house.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
Old 24th November 2015, 19:22   #457
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai sales is just as bad. They have massive attitude issues. I saw it on 2 different occasions. They are getting into the same mould of Honda IMO.
Old 25th November 2015, 09:46   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
Obviously. this thread is for Advaith Hyundai Bangalore. JP Nagar Branch.

I forgot to mention another instance. Hyundai had called me to rate the service. 1 to 7 being poor. I said 2. The lady on phone was trying to convince me to give above 8. I said when I'm not satisfied with service, how can I give you 8 or above. You will not even think what happened next. She disconnected the call.
Oh ok. Get it checked once at Advaith Rajajinagar. They are better among the lot and try to sort out the issue if the customer persists. The best SA over there is Shereef. Just FYI
Old 25th November 2015, 10:01   #459
BHPian

Quote:

Completely agree on this. I have conveyed this(in writing) to their customer care manager that the Service advisors are actually Sales Advisors trying to sell stuff to you. Obviously, customer care manager also dont care.

I have decided, no more Hyundai cars for me and family ever. The Hyundai cars being so boring to drive are also one factor for no Hyundai anymore for me.
Old 25th November 2015, 10:16   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

I give my santro xing for yearly service at Blue Hyundai, Koramangala. Till date no issues. While giving the car for servicing, I clearly tell them to do what is required like injector cleaning, throttle body cleaning, brake pads cleaning, suspension check etc.. Also I lay emphasis on the bill amount asking the SA to keep it to the minimum.
Many a times they have asked me to do engine decarburizing. For this, they have to remove the existing spark plugs in the car and replace them with conked out plugs so that once decarburizing is over, the original spark plugs will be replaced back.
There is every possibility that if a customer is not aware of this, he can be billed for new set of spark plugs as engine decarburizing will be carried out with the existing spark plugs.
For any electrical related issue, i do not go to the ASS but to a local mechanic.
suresh_gs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 10:50   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
I give my santro xing for yearly service at Blue Hyundai, Koramangala. Till date no issues. While giving the car for servicing, I clearly tell them to do what is required like injector cleaning, throttle body cleaning, brake pads cleaning, suspension check etc.. Also I lay emphasis on the bill amount asking the SA to keep it to the minimum.
Many a times they have asked me to do engine decarburizing. For this, they have to remove the existing spark plugs in the car and replace them with conked out plugs so that once decarburizing is over, the original spark plugs will be replaced back.
There is every possibility that if a customer is not aware of this, he can be billed for new set of spark plugs as engine decarburizing will be carried out with the existing spark plugs.
For any electrical related issue, i do not go to the ASS but to a local mechanic.
Good to hear that you have a good experience with Blue Hyundai. Mine has been otherwise. Tolerated them for 2 years before switching over to Advaith.

Even i do the same as you. Specifically tell them what to replace and what not to. And personally verify the listing mentioned in the job card.
Old 26th November 2015, 17:40   #462
BANNED

I got my first service done please see below the service bill.
Could I get a feedback as to what could have been avoided ?
I know for a fact that wheel balancing and alignment could have been avoided.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf i20 jobsheet.pdf (513.4 KB, 606 views)
Old 27th November 2015, 07:31   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Completely agree on this. I have conveyed this(in writing) to their customer care manager that the Service advisors are actually Sales Advisors trying to sell stuff to you. Obviously, customer care manager also dont care.
Lol. Another funny thing is the SA gives us a feedback form and stands in front of us to fill it. How can we fill it honestly ? If we give a negative feedback about him, how can we face him the next time we visit. It's really uncomfortable dealing with Hyundai Service Centers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post

They often ask you to either leave the car with them or wait in the waiting room while they finish. However, I never do that. Heck, I am often baffled seeing people who casually let the service center drivers pick the cars up from their house.

How do we even know how they're driving or even if they're being responsible or not?
They are not responsible at all. They have one stupid AC waiting room for customers and force us to sit inside. But I always go towards the service bay area every 5 minutes or just stand there to watch what is being done on my car.

Once they told don't worry just go and wait in the waiting room. I listened to them but I just kept peeping out of the window to see my car. I could only see the right side of my car. After work was done, I inspected the car and I found a deep scratch on the left side of the door . Gave them a mouthful and wrote to customer care. They repainted the whole door for free but I lost the originality of my car just because of these idiots .

Never trust them with your car. They are truly incapable and Hyundai needs to address this issue ASAP if they want to retain their customers. Their car's are pretty good but they are let down by poor after sales service.
stanjohn123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 11:35   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lol. Another funny thing is the SA gives us a feedback form and stands in front of us to fill it. How can we fill it honestly ? If we give a negative feedback about him, how can we face him the next time we visit. It's really uncomfortable dealing with Hyundai Service Centers.

I think Hyundai have stopped or are in the process of stopping this way of taking feedback.

I was never asked for any feedback on a form at Advaith Hyundai, Mangalore. After servicing (normally within a week), I get a call from Hyundai call center (0120 STD code number) asking for service feedback(same rating 0-8 : bad, 9: good, 10: excellent) on various parameters. This is a far better way of taking feedback.
Old 30th November 2015, 20:32   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Lol. Another funny thing is the SA gives us a feedback form and stands in front of us to fill it. How can we fill it honestly ?
This is correct! During my last service, Trident (Jakkasandra) returned my car without cleaning it. The SA handed me the feedback form and stood there while I filled the same. I could not care less and gave a genuine feedback. For the cleanliness one, I gave a feedback of '5', to which he said - "Saar, We cleaned your car. But you were late to pick it up, that's why its dirty!!"

I changed the feedback to "2" and smiled at him.
I have a feeling that the feedback form would probably be 'misplaced'
nerd1200 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks