Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2011, 22:50   #151
BHPian

Re: March 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
For City and Kizashi, We have to take cognizance of supply issues created by earthquake in Japan.

Localization of City is approx 75% and for Kizashi it is 0%. These cars are heavily dependent on parts imported from Japan. That creates a major supply side issue for these cars.
+1. Surprising how noone else took cognisance of the massive disaster the Japs are facing with the quake and its effect on the auto industry across the world. If the City had to drop in sales, it wouldn't have been so drastic like being overthrown to such low figures within a month...it would happen a little more gradually. So the Europeans and American makers have to sell better these few months. And mind that Honda has been affected across the board, not only the City. All local points are relevant, no doubt, but that alone IMO is not enough to give this effect. Am not sure if Toyota and Mitsubishi etc have been similarly affected, if someone keeping track of sales figures every month can clarify...
Old 6th April 2011, 23:13   #152
aby
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Wing View Post
+1. Surprising how noone else took cognisance of the massive disaster the Japs are facing with the quake and its effect on the auto industry across the world. If the City had to drop in sales, it wouldn't have been so drastic like being overthrown to such low figures within a month...it would happen a little more gradually. So the Europeans and American makers have to sell better these few months. And mind that Honda has been affected across the board, not only the City. All local points are relevant, no doubt, but that alone IMO is not enough to give this effect. Am not sure if Toyota and Mitsubishi etc have been similarly affected, if someone keeping track of sales figures every month can clarify...
Earthquake would have an impact going forward, but to say that it had potential to impact March sales would be stretching a bit too far.

Earthquake hit Japan on March 11th. Take normal shipping times of 8-10 days in India and another 2-7 days for containers to make it to factories. It means the impact will only show from April onwards. And this while not taking into account the buffer Indian manufacturers would keep in hand even in JIT world.
Old 7th April 2011, 00:21   #153
Senior - BHPian

Amby selling more than the Punto??!!
That too up to 760+ from the 302 it was last month! Election effect??

Last edited by ph03n!x : 7th April 2011 at 00:28.
Old 7th April 2011, 00:53   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Effect of election is increase in theft of Scorpios, Safaris and Pajeros

The state coffers are temporarily closed for stealing so they have to steal direct from the public.
Old 7th April 2011, 00:54   #155
BHPian

Sales of Fiat is almost equal to the previous month. They are doing average, but if you see the last year figure, Linea sales are increased. Fiat could have sold better if the Fiat customer were not ignored at Tata showroom.

Last edited by pawan_pullarwar : 7th April 2011 at 00:58.
Old 7th April 2011, 01:22   #156
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see Scorpio competing with Innova! Good going Mahindra.
Old 7th April 2011, 01:45   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Nice to see Scorpio competing with Innova! Good going Mahindra.
Of course the fact that the Innova is not readily available plays a role too.
Old 7th April 2011, 09:04   #158
BHPian

I may have missed a post in the vento-city comparison, but not only has the City taken a pounding, the civic appears to be taking one consistently, any idea if the new one is being launched?
Old 7th April 2011, 09:15   #159
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Where did you saw those figures. to quote from first page

Quote:
Fiat
Palio : 5
Punto : 1101
Linea : 759

HM-Mitsubishi
Ambassador : 768
Punto is selling more than amby or you mean linea or i am missing some thing

I think Punto has happily settled around 1100 mark and that's a good sign considering their past . to give you a example, i have applied for CAR loan and went to my manager to get it approved . he was like on seeing me buy a FIAT . his view point being that FIAT will have service / spares issue as they have no service center's and they are just selling in makret. Only after i told him about TATA's collaboration and show him their A>S>S thread on T-BHP ,that he approved by request, else he would have rejected that request as a good will gesture.

so a common person still don;t know that FIAT is selling / servicing in collaboration with TATA's motors .
Old 7th April 2011, 10:56   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Alto is selling great. MSIL should seriously bring AT in that. With AT in K10 version it will cross 40 K mark also for sure. I will buy one for sure for my wife
This will be a nice move provided OTR remains under 4L. MSIL already have a auto-box in A-star so it should be easy to mate it with Alto. Second/Third car buyers should prefer this over i10/A-star as they will save enough money for a Nano.
Old 7th April 2011, 11:55   #161
Senior - BHPian

Thanks GTO for posting these, had been waiting to see some numbers this month. Couple of observations, probably already noted by members

* The biggest shake up is in the C Segment Sedan. Honda City being comfortably beaten by Vento and SX4. Primary reason behind being the "D" word diesel. Also City overpricing not really helping. I am surprised though that a relatively small 1.3L diesel for SX4 is being well accepted in the market segment where competition is at 1.6L
* Ford is on a turn around. Right time for them to start rolling out the new models esp Fiesta so that they can continue riding the high wave of Figo. Pricing will be critical as shown by Etios.
* Tata numbers though solid seem to have dropped from earlier months, hope to see that bounce back at par with Maruti
Old 7th April 2011, 12:13   #162
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

yup. Toyota seems to have got it down pat. This unquestioning trust that our countrymen place in the T brand is amazing. Excellent comparison - the nursery school admission form!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
The only car I know of, which you need to be alert when the booking will be open again, as though you are waiting for the nursery school admission form!! Only Toyota can do this
Old 7th April 2011, 12:21   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Where did you saw those figures. to quote from first page

My bad! I meant Linea. Thanks for the watchful eye!
Old 7th April 2011, 12:59   #164

Good to see that the auto industry is chugging along nicely.
Surprising to see over 100 Kizashi's sold already!
Old 7th April 2011, 17:45   #165
Team-BHP Support

Rush, how come no AUDI here?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks