Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2006, 21:46   #76
Senior - BHPian

i have a 66 model amby stearing gear and in almost perfect condition giving 12 kpl and does 90 km ph decently. great that u own a similar car .........i was thinking of the old days when my dad used to drop me to school in a padmini ....... great that u evoked them ,,,,,,,believe its the same with many
Old 31st October 2006, 12:42   #77
BHPian

Hi,

I am interested in getting a copy of Service/Workshop manual for Premier 118NE.
Request Fiat/Premier enthusiast to help me get one. Preferably in Pune/Mumbai.

I have a 1996 model that i use regularly.
Have modded/grooved the engine as per http://www.somender-singh.com

Plan the following mods in future, once i get a second car for regular use.

- Electric Radiator & Condenser Fan
- Toyota T50 5-speed Gearbox
- Flush AC system to shift from R12 to R134

Drive Mumbai/Pune once a month on an average and miss an overdrive.

I have already downloaded an spanish version of A10/A12 manual for the
A12 engine ( seemingly the Nissan engine we have in 118NE ) from - http://www.datsun1200.com/

Regards,
- Dev Singh
Old 15th December 2006, 10:59   #78

Hi,
Somebody from Hyderabad had mentioned that he had used a toyota engine for primier. Can I get some more details about it like where to find an engine and other required components etc.

Thanks

Ramesh
Old 6th November 2007, 18:58   #79
BHPian

Nice to see that there are people like me who love FIAT 1100.

Wow, A Toyota engine in a premier!
Please let me know about it too, I'd like to try it out too!

Last edited by GTO : 7th November 2007 at 00:17. Reason: Please type one single post, instead of two one after the other.
Old 9th November 2007, 19:08   #80
BHPian

I can do that only if you give me an option of editing my post.

How can add something to what i have posted 10 minutes ago?
Old 9th November 2007, 21:09   #81
Senior - BHPian

I wonder how this thread had never featured on my radar! Shows highly about my ability to do a very inefficient search.

Lovely Lovely.

Good to see that this car not only lives in the hearts but still on the roads and some of them in the right hands.

One thing though, the "makhkhan" part still has the 4th gear ratio as 1:1 so the gearbox itself does not have much performance gains apart from being super refined with the cable operated clutch. The differentiator of performance is in the Final drive.

Did a close ratio gearbox ever get created.

Last edited by 1100D : 9th November 2007 at 21:10.
Old 10th November 2007, 21:51   #82

love the fiats

i love the old fiats. magnificent vehicles. i had an oppurtunity to buy a 1954 fiat miilicento a few months back but due to financial constraints could not get it. a nicely kept fiat though.cheers bro
Old 18th December 2007, 10:03   #83

Help needed with Padmini parts

Hello, I am from New Zealand and I have a 1959 Taraschi Formula Junior single seater racing car (made in Teramo Italy). The car runs a Fiat 103 engine (1089cc) which I understand is the same engine as in the Padmini. My problem is getting new parts for my engine and currently I am looking for engine bearings (.010" main and big end) plus cam followers.
I would be very grateful if someone could direct me to a parts supplier that could airmail parts to me.
For those that are interested my race car can be viewed at: Ground-Sky Photography
Thank you
Roger
Old 23rd December 2007, 20:53   #84
BHPian

Hi Roger

U mean the race car in the pics uses the same engine as the Padmini?

bet they have awesome grunts.

Coming to the spares, we have them readily available here in our city but I doubt if anyone wud airmail them - hmmmmm I guess maybe I can help you out(provided U trust me) with it or anyone else in the thread here knows if they can be airmailed by a dealer.

I drive a Padmini and usually get the spares from a dealer whoz into business for a very long time now and sure they are much cheap compared to any of the new cars

Yaser
Old 24th December 2007, 01:45   #85

Hi Yaser

Yes, its the same engine as in the Padmini - Fiat 103 based 1089cc.
My engine has 87bhp, and 8 port head, twin Weber 38 DCOE Carbs and extractors plus high compression pistons. It goes very fast with a top speed of 130 mph (but the car would weigh a bit less than a Padmini).
Old 22nd July 2008, 03:34   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
One of the few 'premier padmini' enthusiasts. I still have race videos of these cars rallying!
any chance of seeing this video in any form???
Old 22nd July 2008, 18:48   #87
BHPian

Its good to see that The Old Fiat/Premier Still Stays in many hearts..

I Love the Sound of the Car and the Retro looks..
Old 8th August 2008, 12:48   #88
BHPian

had a treat

About and hour back, I was out from the office to have a late breakfast and wow what I treat for my eyes and ears. At the B'hills Pizza Hut junction, a RED Fiat 1100 took a U turn right in front of me and it had a MH number plate. It looked in a pretty healthy shape and then I stopped at Sandarshini for some idly/dosa along with a colleague and noticed a white fiat with white rimmed tyres just a few meters before where I had to stop. I placed my order and while I was having my idly, I heard what is music to any Fiat lover. That white Fiat was leaving the place and the guy was really flooring it. Wow what a sound.

Again a couple of weeks back I was treated with the rarest of the sights - a FIAT Estate model(or whatever it is called - the one that is similar to the tata estate, sorry not getting the name) and it was being driven by a guy probably just nearing 30. It seemed to be in an immaculate condition. It had that sunroof/hat thing on the front, a couple of extra lights and in the quick glance that I had, it seemed to have a good upholstery and even an AC.

The more I see these cars, the more I miss my FIATS and the more I want to have one and hopefully very soon I plan to have one for myself. In this era or all so many not so manly and synthetic cars these sure turn my head every single time don't know why.
Old 8th August 2008, 19:51   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinzrox View Post
Its good to see that The Old Fiat/Premier Still Stays in many hearts..

I Love the Sound of the Car and the Retro looks..
when you fitt a filter in a padmini it sounds exactly like a muscle car,man the noise just makes you go crazy
Old 8th August 2008, 20:14   #90
BHPian

Also, I bet the ride quality of the Padmini even in the deepest of bumps beats today's high end cars. My perception?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks