Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2013, 16:51   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Drive your car on the Buddh Track for Rs. 4,000. Sunday, 17th February 2013!

The Buddh International Circuit announces the ‘BIC Time Trial’ (Open track day) for general public on 17 February, 2013. The open track day will give speed fanatics a chance to test their driving skills in a safe and controlled environment.

The track day will be open to all categories of car and bike owners, and the only criteria to reserve a seat is to have a valid driving license.

Drive your car on the Buddh Track for Rs. 4,000. Sunday, 17th February 2013!-buddh-track-day-pricing.jpg

‘Taxi Rides’ in a Mercedes SLS and C, E & ML Class from professional drivers will be available at a cost of Rs 1,500 to 7,500 per person.

Prior to taking the vehicles out on track, each car or motorbike will be assessed by track officials. There will be a safety briefing facilitated by BIC's driving instructors to discuss the rules, safety, driving techniques, circuit information and handling of emergency situations.

For registrations, click here.
GTO is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 16:55   #2
BHPian

Re: Drive your car on the Buddh Track for Rs. 4,000. Sunday, 17th February 2013!

I would say, this is a step in the right direction and the direction for which we all have been waiting for. They have reduced the prices from last time around and increased the duration also. This would make these track days affordable for a lot of enthusiasts like us plus higher track time would justify the value of money spent.

I have already started saving to gather the right kind of riding gear for my bike.

CHEERS to BIC
Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 17:07   #3
BHPian

Re: Drive your car on the Buddh Track for Rs. 4,000. Sunday, 17th February 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I would say, this is a step in the right direction and the direction for which we all have been waiting for. They have reduced the prices from last time around and increased the duration also. This would make these track days affordable for a lot of enthusiasts like us plus higher track time would justify the value of money spent.

I have already started saving to gather the right kind of riding gear for my bike.

CHEERS to BIC
Rachit
IIRC, full racing leathers are a must.
Last year a couple of Delhi based pals attended the track day. Only one could ride.
Reason - he had full race leathers, others had jacket + pants.

Check on this rule first.
Divya Sharan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 17:41   #4
BHPian

Oh man, this indeed is superb news for the adrenaline junkies! Rates sound reasonable as well.

A step in the right direction and an arrow that struck the bull's eye. Pretty sure, this would see a lot of registrations at the same time, shooting up the revenue that comes with events like these.

Seriously hope, there aren't as many registrations as that would choke the track and people won't be able to get the thrill they are looking forward to experience.

-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 4th February 2013 at 18:04.
Old 4th February 2013, 18:22   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
IIRC, full racing leathers are a must.
Last year a couple of Delhi based pals attended the track day. Only one could ride.
Reason - he had full race leathers, others had jacket + pants.

Check on this rule first.
Yeah, apparently that is what they tell you if you ask about the riding gear. Well I have tried to talk to some people who have had track days plus they have seen others also ride in BIC and this is what I have gathered.

Riding Jacket is a must. They say it should be leather but what I have heard is that mesh can also do. Riding pants and here also the story is same. They ask for leather but even if you have mesh they allow. Riding boots are also required. This is what I have heard. I am saving the money and riding boots are no.1 in my list as I have AStar gloves and mesh riding jacket. After that will try to get riding trousers.

People who will be going kindly please just keep an eye as to what sort of riding gear is allowed on the track.
Old 4th February 2013, 18:23   #6
BHPian

While this sounds fun, I would hate to burn my car's blood for 60 minutes at full throttle. It'd be too much of a torture for her! I'd rather prefer paid hot laps in super cars run by professional drivers where I just enjoy the "feeling", the "g forces"! Wow!
Old 4th February 2013, 18:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

Any idea on what are the pre-requisites for someone taking his car, except of course the car!
I'm assuming a helmet at max?

Have written it to their email ID asking the same, if I get a reply before someone replies here, will post.

EDIT: My Michelin XM1+ have run 50k, would I most definitely need a new set once I'm done with the session there, if at all I go.

Last edited by fine69 : 4th February 2013 at 18:49.
Old 4th February 2013, 19:31   #8
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 5th February 2013 at 09:12.
Derezzed is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th February 2013, 19:52   #9
BHPian

I have a query for the people that have participated in the past track days. How physically taxing can the 30 minutes session be in our humble cars? I drive a 114 PS Linea T-jet, will it generate enough G-force to make me miss my evening flight to Mumbai on the same day? I will be flying to Mumbai at 9 PM on Sunday (can't push it to next day as my meeting starts at 8 AM on Monday), I want to participate in this event but don't want to be physically drained to an extent that I miss my flight.

Moreover, does it require any special insurance? IIRC, one of the clauses in the insurance agreement states that I don't participate in racing. This event in all likelihood will be considered racing.

Edit: I have had a very inactive lifestyle off-late. A sedentary job and high cholesterol diet has put all these questions in mind.

Last edited by Biraj : 4th February 2013 at 20:08. Reason: Adding info
Biraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 20:48   #10
BHPian

So how does it work? realistically in a One hour session you are likely to do how many laps in a 200 Bhp car??

Last edited by saketa : 4th February 2013 at 20:53. Reason: Structure
Old 5th February 2013, 09:20   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
My Michelin XM1+ have run 50k, would I most definitely need a new set once I'm done with the session there, if at all I go.
If you push really hard lap after lap, especially in the braking, you might need new tyres. The cost of tyres is usually much higher than participation fees. Some folk keep separate (cheaper) tyres just to use on the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
How physically taxing can the 30 minutes session be in our humble cars?
Remember, you can drive fast yet smooth. Drive fast, but don't abuse your car.

Quote:
I drive a 114 PS Linea T-jet, will it generate enough G-force to make me miss my evening flight to Mumbai on the same day?
Not at all! Track driving is so much fun. The actual fast driving part of the 60 minutes should be 30 minutes or so (warm up, traffic etc.).

This is an opportunity you must not miss. What I wouldn't give to have stuff like this in Mumbai. You'll drive on what is arguably one of the best tracks in the world, see some superb drivers & cars being ripped and meet a lot of fun people.

Quote:
Moreover, does it require any special insurance? IIRC, one of the clauses in the insurance agreement states that I don't participate in racing. This event in all likelihood will be considered racing.
AFAIK, this isn't racing at all. You are driving on a private road, even if it happens to be a track. Do confirm the same with the organisers.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 12:11   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
AFAIK, this isn't racing at all. You are driving on a private road, even if it happens to be a track. Do confirm the same with the organisers.
What I have heard and read is that there is some different insurance done at the spot only for the track day. I doesnt cost much I think atleast for bikes. Its around a couple of hundered rupees, that is what I have heard. Might depend on the cost of the vehicle also.
Old 5th February 2013, 14:17   #13
Team-BHP Support

This is a stellar deal for anyone in and around Delhi! How I wish this announcement had come in prior to that weekend most airline portals went on sale.
Old 5th February 2013, 14:19   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
What I have heard and read is that there is some different insurance done at the spot only for the track day. I doesnt cost much I think atleast for bikes. Its around a couple of hundered rupees, that is what I have heard. Might depend on the cost of the vehicle also.
Thanks GTO and Rachit, I wrote to the BIC Time Trial team, their response didn't mention anything about insurance but talks about a customary indemnity agreement. Indemnity is understood as nobody will want to be held accountable for an individual's behaviour/decisions.

I found a thread that talks about high risk insurance of INR 3,00,000 for a premium of INR 1000. Link is here.
Old 5th February 2013, 14:35   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa View Post
So how does it work? realistically in a One hour session you are likely to do how many laps in a 200 Bhp car??

Maybe around 15-20 laps? More than that the fatigue will set in because of excessive G-force exposure as we are normally not used to it. Assuming helmet is compulsary, you will start getting neck cramps and sore thighs! So it can be very taxing on the human body.

On the car, well the most affected ones will be the tyres and the brake system. Braking from high speeds time and again will wear out the pads at an alarming rate and may even warp the disks! A mechanically sound car with synthetic oil and new brake pads, good tyres and proper tyre pressure is a must. if mineral oil is used , then it would have lost all its properties by the time the three sessions are over and must be drained off after the session!

BTW, is there a fuel station inside the premises? For those who are running for three sessions, where can they refuel?
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks