Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2007, 09:55   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
I would suggest next time you stick to your promise of ambulance and marshals. We were lucky to have avoided atleast three high-speed crashes, because the people manning the pit exit were untrained security guards in chappals. Luckily Arjun Balu has a lot of experience, or we would have witnessed a couple of cars crash into that poor Miata at about 100 kmph. From experience, I have learnt that drivers cannot be organisers, and vice-versa..
I second V1p3r's opinion.. Even Rahul and that lad in the blue swift escaped a crash with a car spinnig out at the bustop corner.. Next trackday we must have marshalls and not security guards who flag only the people in front of the pack and forget to flag the rear..
And organistation could be better.. well next time i decided to book a hotel room myslef. I would not want to sleep in a hotel parking lot again..
Quote:
@Shaz, that's Mr Gopi's Miata. Mr Vidyaprakash's Miata is the convertible.
Ooops.. i knew there was a hard top and a soft top miata, got confused which one i shot..thanks for the correction mate..
Old 31st October 2007, 09:59   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post

No pics of cars in action as i took pics and vids from v1p3r's cam so he'll have to post them.
Dude.. i missed the scenery..damn
BTW when can we see the videos??
Old 31st October 2007, 10:18   #63
Team-BHP Support

Weren't you guys pushing it ?

Driving for 6 + hours night driving on roads which require attention. Improper sleep for 4 hours, then 5 hours on track which really saps you out then another 6+ hours night driving.

I am fit but I certainly cannot do this. Glad to see that you all made it back safely - Am really sounding like an old man
Old 31st October 2007, 12:00   #64
BHPian

Weren't there more pics? Jay/Rahul, are Hally/Karthik members of TBHP? Would they be uploading their pics?

Quote:
Also, it would be great if next time, the organisers made provisions for stay and food for out-of-towners. It was possible last time, so I'm sure it will be possible again.
Just my 2 cents worth: I guess, it would be slightly more difficult for a person to book these things from a remote place, than it would be for a person, from CBE itself. As it is, the Bangalore boys spend enough time and money to drive upto CBE. Would it be possible for the CBE boys, to "host" the Bangalore boys, next time, we drop in? Somebody from CBE, could take the initiative, on a rotational basis, and arrange for accomodation and food.

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st October 2007 at 12:27.
Old 31st October 2007, 12:43   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith View Post
Just my 2 cents worth: I guess, it would be slightly more difficult for a person to book these things from a remote place, than it would be for a person, from CBE itself. As it is, the Bangalore boys spend enough time and money to drive upto CBE. Would it be possible for the CBE boys, to "host" the Bangalore boys, next time, we drop in? Somebody from CBE, could take the initiative, on a rotational basis, and arrange for accomodation and food.
Would be glad to do that my friend. Just give us prior intimation
Old 31st October 2007, 13:18   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I am fit but I certainly cannot do this. Glad to see that you all made it back safely - Am really sounding like an old man
I feel really old when I hear some of these stories. Especially the Sriperambudur trackdays when these guys 'discuss' the trackday till about 1 am (on the same day), then go back home and post on TBHP, chat with each other about the trackday and then leave for Chennai at 4 am, finish a trackday and drive back.

It makes me feel really ancient.
Old 31st October 2007, 13:50   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
Would be glad to do that my friend. Just give us prior intimation
Thanks Sriram! Maybe, we should list the things that could have been better for the future track days (no offence to Rahul or other organizers; though, I had not slept well for almost 3 days, I had a lot of fun!).

1. Marshals/ambulance
2. Lap timing equipment
3. Accomodation
4. Food on the track
Old 31st October 2007, 14:07   #68
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
First off, you are the organiser. I could have found my way to track with Harrie/Mohit, so there was no reason for you to hold up everyone and make them wait. Second, 45 min is only half of 1.5 hours, which is what you get (11 am -9.30 pm). Anyway, apology accepted. Next time hopefully it will be better.
Most of us didn't know the way to the track, so we had no choice but wait for you. Besides the point we guys from Bangalore reached CCD at sharp 8:30 before any of you guys did.

Quote:
Very interesting. What makes you think the car without much of a clutch was quicker? Do we have any pics of the drag?
Because, I drove that very same car before you did for the drag.

Let me clarify one more thing. I thought Mohit's car lost the race. But I stand corrected, infact Mohit's car won the race. So I stand corrected.

Quote:
I would suggest next time you stick to your promise of ambulance and marshals. We were lucky to have avoided atleast three high-speed crashes, because the people manning the pit exit were untrained security guards in chappals.
The ambulance and marshals were mainly for the bikers. Since we decided to cancel out the bikers I didn't find the need for them going by my past experiences of car track days. Besides the point, I could have organized for ambulance and marshals as well but that would have escalated the costs to about 3-3.5k per car and certainly I don't see many who would have paid up.

Quote:
Also, it would be great if next time, the organisers made provisions for stay and food for out-of-towners. It was possible last time, so I'm sure it will be possible again.
That is a responsibility I certainly wouldn't want to take. Last minute drop outs, people not paying up etc is not a headache I want to add to my list of headaches. Besides, since I too will have to travel all the way from Bangalore it would be more suited if one of the CBE guys could come forward and take up this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
I second V1p3r's opinion.. Even Rahul and that lad in the blue swift escaped a crash with a car spinnig out at the bustop corner.. Next trackday we must have marshalls and not security guards who flag only the people in front of the pack and forget to flag the rear..
And organistation could be better.. well next time i decided to book a hotel room myslef. I would not want to sleep in a hotel parking lot again..
Shashi, like I already have mentioned before the costs would be escalated unless we have atleast 30 cars or more taking part. The only reason why such a system works at the MMST is that we have 30 plus cars and 20 plus bikers taking part. Unlike the last event. If you guys don't mind paying up more, I don't mind organizing the same as well. Besides I had made no promise regarding arrangements for stay. It is but understood that you guys need to find your own arrangements.
Old 31st October 2007, 15:19   #69
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I think it would be better if you guys came up with some feedback on how to improve things. For starters,
1. We need to get to track on time. Which means no waiting for anyone. This time since not many of us knew the way to the track we had to wait for people like Harrie to show us the way. Now, since I figured out the way I don't think this will be repeated.

2. If you need ambulance & marshals expect the prices to go up. Unless we have 30+ cars it won't work out.

3. Arranging acco won't be a problem provided everyone who confirms comes up with payment in advance. I don't think anyone would want to take the risk of paying up advance for booking rooms for the whole lot of us and then have quite a lot of them back out. Either that or there are countless number of lodges in the city, it would be nice if you guys could find your way and book the rooms yourselves.

4. Those who were complaining about the lack of food, I would like to point out to them as to how many times Sriram and myself kept shouting our lungs out asking all those who were veg or non-veg to come forward, pay cash so that we could get you all food. But since no one came forward, Harrie ended up getting whatever he could.

5. Last but not the least, I think most of us need to be serious when we confirm our participation and back out at the last minute. Most things like track rentals, food etc are worked out on numbers of confirmations. Any drop outs would mean the others will have to cough up that extra dough to make up for it.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 31st October 2007 at 15:22.
Old 31st October 2007, 15:41   #70
BHPian

Guys, there is nothing much to argue about in terms of accomodation and food on track. If only you could make up your mind and let us Cbe guys know in advance, anything can be done.

As for ambulance and marshals, well, the lesser said the better. In view of safety I am all for it. But how many of you would have paid 1K extra for those? Let us not forget that the primary responsibility is on our hands and if we followed all the rules and guidelines that were mentioned during the briefing, we could easily have avoided half of the situations that would have warranted a marshal or an ambulance.

Don't get me wrong... it is easier and very wise to comment on something but getting it done is a different affair. I see people here complaining that the track day started at 11:00..... the one before started by noon and track was closed by 4:30 because the organisers wanted to open the straight to try out the rally cars. We did not complain then, so remember this before you start complaining about the organizing part.

To be honest, I find it funny that McLaren had to appologize for being late to the track because of someone else, and we "accept" that, where as the same people did not even care to explain why the last track day was started so late.

I think we have had enough of these nit-picking. Lets us get back to the topic and discuss what happened "on the track" please.

Last edited by quicksilver : 31st October 2007 at 15:49.
Old 31st October 2007, 18:38   #71
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I feel really old when I hear some of these stories. Especially the Sriperambudur trackdays when these guys 'discuss' the trackday till about 1 am (on the same day), then go back home and post on TBHP, chat with each other about the trackday and then leave for Chennai at 4 am, finish a trackday and drive back.

It makes me feel really ancient.
Well Steer as long as one is prepared to rest one whole day after they are back from the track i feel this is possible. This time though it was really hectic, had almost no sleep on Saturday as we reached late and there was no accommodation arranged, we drove the whole day and i had to drive in the night in that rain till Bangalore. the next day i was so tired and sleepy at office.

Next time onwards i feel we should reach CBE early, have some rest and then head to the track.
Old 31st October 2007, 22:01   #72
BHPian

Quote:
As for ambulance and marshals, well, the lesser said the better. In view of safety I am all for it. But how many of you would have paid 1K extra for those? Let us not forget that the primary responsibility is on our hands and if we followed all the rules and guidelines that were mentioned during the briefing, we could easily have avoided half of the situations that would have warranted a marshal or an ambulance.

Don't get me wrong... it is easier and very wise to comment on something but getting it done is a different affair.
Not nitpicking here but last time I found that Jay and Binoy were marshalls and did quite a good job of that too. Also atleast 3 times the kids were called in and admonished for driving rashly.

My only concern here is a crash on the track would render the track being closed down to track days.
Old 31st October 2007, 22:12   #73
BHPian

Drag Results

I guess its high time some one introduced the coimbatore newbies here

In no particular order they are

Blue Swift - Shasvi - K&N, Headers and a whole lot of damping
Red Swift - Abi - Ractive
Ikon - Yashwanth - Stock
Fiesta - Dhruv - Stock
Silver Getz - Dileep - K&N
White Getz - Mohit ( Its his sister's actually ) - Stage 2

The Red Swift was faster than the Blue. The Blue Swift has atleast 40 Kgs more on it thanks to the extensive damping, fibreglass bumpers, modded hood, hydraulic struts bla bla bla

Oh both swifts were running 15" upfront and 17" at the rear. And I can safely assume both drivers during the drag were roughly about the same

Hope I got everything covered.

Stock Getz Vs Stage 2 Getz

Red Chilli Pepper Vs Cool Blue
( Thatz what the cars are called )

Last edited by Harrie : 31st October 2007 at 22:14. Reason: Fixed Link
Old 1st November 2007, 03:58   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In view of safety I am all for it. But how many of you would have paid 1K extra for those? Let us not forget that the primary responsibility is on our hands and if we followed all the rules and guidelines that were mentioned during the briefing, we could easily have avoided half of the situations that would have warranted a marshal or an ambulance.
Shriram, I understand the question of expense. But I believe certain members here were promised marshals and an ambulance, which is why I brought it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver
Don't get me wrong... it is easier and very wise to comment on something but getting it done is a different affair. I see people here complaining that the track day started at 11:00..... the one before started by noon and track was closed by 4:30 because the organisers wanted to open the straight to try out the rally cars. We did not complain then, so remember this before you start complaining about the organizing part.

To be honest, I find it funny that McLaren had to appologize for being late to the track because of someone else, and we "accept" that, where as the same people did not even care to explain why the last track day was started so late.
I do not remember the last time's organisers (Ron Chinoy, Psycho, myself) expressly promising driving starting by 9:30 am, or calling those who start late losers. If you are upset by that, I apologize. But we did not renege on any promise made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
Not nitpicking here but last time I found that Jay and Binoy were marshalls and did quite a good job of that too. Also atleast 3 times the kids were called in and admonished for driving rashly.

My only concern here is a crash on the track would render the track being closed down to track days.
Harrie, thank you for bringing this up. As was pointed out on this, and another forum, I did have some 'words' with some drivers and spectators. I'd rather one person go away unhappy than the sport itself get a bad name. I share your concerns, which is why I am (what some members are referring to as) nit-picking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Well Steer as long as one is prepared to rest one whole day after they are back from the track i feel this is possible. This time though it was really hectic, had almost no sleep on Saturday as we reached late and there was no accommodation arranged, we drove the whole day and i had to drive in the night in that rain till Bangalore. the next day i was so tired and sleepy at office.

Next time onwards i feel we should reach CBE early, have some rest and then head to the track.
Jay, as you know, last time we managed to make reservations and get some good shut-eye. This time, I made sure I got a place to stay, and so did those travelling with me (Anush and Suhas). With all due respect, I don't see how tough it is to make a single STD call for Rs 2 to reserve a couple or 4 rooms at some hotel. It doesn't cost much, and it saves you the headache of having to bathe at some dirty petrol pump at the crack of dawn.

Please note, I am not pointing fingers. I wish the organisation to improve, merely so that the concept and the sport move forward. If the seniors such as Chinoy, Psycho, the Balus, Gopi, and of course Mr Vidyaprakash can take time out to guide us, I'm sure we can go that extra inch to make sure the idea grows into something big.
Old 1st November 2007, 04:03   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Weren't you guys pushing it ?

Driving for 6 + hours night driving on roads which require attention. Improper sleep for 4 hours, then 5 hours on track which really saps you out then another 6+ hours night driving.

Ajmat, yes, the schedule you've outlined is rather unsafe. I've done it before, and I was lucky to get away. This time, I made sure I got atleast 7 hours of sleep before driving on track, and atleast 2 hours of sleep before driving again. I pity those who had to hang out at a Reliance A1 plaza rather than get some solid sleep.

The rest, I'm afraid, you will have to put down to age.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks