Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2015, 10:31   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Fiat Egea unveiled at the 2015 Istanbul Auto Show

The Italians sure know how to make 'B-E-A-UTIFUL' machines.

I believe fiat should(I know we keep hoping/wishing) plonk the 1.3MJD for affordable mass market proposition and 1.6MJD for the enthusiasts to be happy about much like what maruti did with the S-Cross. That way they can hit two birds with one stone. And being their own engine am sure the price-gap won't be as collosal as what maruti ended up doing.

I know, i know. Wishful thinking. Knowing how fiat functions in this part of world, this might materialize by say 2018? Or 2019?

Last edited by SoumenD : 24th September 2015 at 10:32.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 10:35   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Good question, even I would want to hear that.

On the lighter note if I pronounce it in my mother tongue this is what it translates into, A-egaa translation - that fly. A house fly is called "eega" in telugu .

Cheers,
pdma.

Watch the movie Troy, all these words have been repeated couple of times with complete proficiency
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 10:53   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

The car looks a lot wider than the Linea. Looking at the video, the headroom and legroom should not be an issue is my guess unless you are very tall. The white looks brilliant, red one should be hot too. Fiat if they decide to get it here, its better to give it powerful engines (read as 155 bhp Tjet spec engine and 1.6 MJD 120 PS) in the beginning itself to carve a niche for itself.

Hope they launch it here in India, only worrying sign is there is no RHD version of it even being tested. So this is atleast 2 years away.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 11:21   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat Aegea,will be called the New FIAT EGEA

Fiat Egea unveiled at the 2015 Istanbul Auto Show-capture.png
Fiat Egea unveiled at the 2015 Istanbul Auto Show-cure.png

http://egea.fiat.com.tr/

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th September 2015 at 11:39.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 11:36   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hope they wont disappoint on the interior space and also the interior itself. Fiat has been poor in both these aspects. With the powerful diesel a small dent in FE should not be a big issue compared to other makes.

But with no publicly revealed plans, its a damper already. They are not that enthusiastic for out market?
Old 24th September 2015, 12:31   #66
BHPian

Now thats a sporty looking compact sedan. Looks are subjective and depends on our individual tastes and in my eyes, current so called compact-sedans like Dzires, Indigo, Amaze, Xcent etc. are ugly ducklings. But this one I can drool over...
Old 24th September 2015, 13:54   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeTorque View Post
-current so called compact-sedans like Dzires, Indigo, Amaze, Xcent etc. are ugly ducklings. But this one I can drool over...
Compact sedan advertised here is not in line with your thinking. This car is > 4m length and in the lines of Linea, Ciaz, City , Vento, Rapid, (C segment), etc.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 17:08   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeTorque View Post
Now thats a sporty looking compact sedan. Looks are subjective and depends on our individual tastes and in my eyes, current so called compact-sedans like Dzires, Indigo, Amaze, Xcent etc. are ugly ducklings. But this one I can drool over...
This is not a sub 4 mtr sedan.

The Egea will be in lines with the dimensions of the current Linea and will be positioned in the C segment.
Old 24th September 2015, 18:25   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

First official video of the production-ready Fiat (A)Egea.

RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 19:05   #70
BHPian

Droolworthy car this is. Fiat please launch it asap, I will be one of the first customers to plonk my money.
Old 26th September 2015, 11:49   #71
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 7th October 2015 at 15:18.
rageshgr is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th September 2015, 12:32   #72
BANNED

Re: Fiat Egea unveiled at the 2015 Istanbul Auto Show

Before Fiat launched Linea, every one drooled at it and very few dared to buy it and those didn't buy had saveral reasons not to buy that if Fiat will run away then where will get my car serviced and all other reasons like if Fiat had 1.6 Mjd etc.
My car is now six and half years old and had no problem of any part sourcing and its not serviced properly, in fact I am more than satisfied with TASS.
Even after six years, car looks amazing.
This image is from last month after new shoes
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Egea unveiled at the 2015 Istanbul Auto Show-6.jpg  

Last edited by jacksons : 26th September 2015 at 12:33.
jacksons is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 11:00   #73
BHPian

Love at first sight for me. It's a gorgeous car with the right mix of curves and lines. The interior looks fantastic and a step over the ones I've seen previously.

If they offer this at a sensible price with a good engine, I'd be in line to buy one. Love the fact that Fiat is slowly becoming niche / cult.

Please bring this quickly to our shores, Fiat. If you wait another 2 years, by that time, the new Vento, Rapid, Verna and others would possibly beat you (yet again) in your prime segment.
Old 30th September 2015, 23:04   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

The Fiat Egea has officially entered production at Fiat Tofas car manufacturing plant in Bursa, Turkey.

Here are the photos of the first Egea rolling out of the production line:

Fiat Egea unveiled at the 2015 Istanbul Auto Show-fiategeaproduction2.jpg

Fiat Egea unveiled at the 2015 Istanbul Auto Show-fiategeafirstcar.jpg

Fiat Egea unveiled at the 2015 Istanbul Auto Show-fiataegearollout.jpg

Fiat Egea unveiled at the 2015 Istanbul Auto Show-fiategeaproduction1.jpg

Quote:
Once launched in Turkey, Fiat Egea will be exported to 40 countries around the world, mostly in Africa, Latin America, Europe and Asia.

India is not in the list of countries to receive the exported Egea. Instead, Fiat India has already commenced the procedure to localize Egea production at their plant in Ranjangaon, Pune.

Depending on the feasibility of the localization, Fiat India will take a call whether to launch the Egea in India or not. If they do decide to launch Egea in India, it will not happen before 2017. Once launched in India, it will replace the Linea sedan.
Istanbul Haber (via Rush Lane)
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 22:20   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Pre-production mules of the Fiat Egea have been spotted around Turkey.

Fiat Egea unveiled at the 2015 Istanbul Auto Show-fiategeafrontthreequarterwhitespottedinthewildwithoutdisguise.jpg

Fiat Egea unveiled at the 2015 Istanbul Auto Show-fiategeafrontthreequarterspottedinthewildwithoutdisguise.jpg

Fiat Egea unveiled at the 2015 Istanbul Auto Show-fiategeainteriorspottedinthewildwithoutdisguise.jpg

Fiat Egea unveiled at the 2015 Istanbul Auto Show-fiategeafrontquarterspottedinthewild.jpg

Quote:
As seen before, the exterior of the Fiat Egea is a carbon-copy of the Fiat Aegea concept presented earlier this year. The Egea’s dimensions could be identical to Aegea concept as well, which measures 4500 mm long, 1780 mm wide, 1480 mm tall, and has a wheelbase of 2640 mm. Boot capacity, as per the official website, is rated at a spacious 510 liters.

The interior comes with a flowing dashboard featuring a silver accent running across it, and buttons neatly arranged under the central HVAC vents, a 3-spoke steering wheel with buttons, Uconnect infotainment system with a 5-inch color touchscreen display, automatic climate control and Bluetooth connectivity.
IAB
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks