Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2016, 14:36   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!

We are all thinking about which new host will replace which old one but according to me this will be a totally different all new show and an all new format, and looks promising at that.

IF they wanted to keep the same format, they would not have replaced the old hosts, there is no replacement for them. They would have digested another tantrum of Mr. Clarkson, like they always have.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 15:31   #77
Senior - BHPian

Ok so any idea when the new Amazon show is going to start ? Can't wait to see our favourite blokes again.

The new TG lineup is pretty impressive, but let's be honest, I'm sure the Amazon show is going to kill BBC's Top Gear.
Old 12th February 2016, 20:36   #78
Senior - BHPian

The new show is only going to be like the old show in spirit. Fun, quirky with cars thrown in.I dont think they will rely too much on the old concept. It is best if we approach the show as a brand new show.
Old 13th February 2016, 07:09   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

New TG Host Rory Reid Raps A Rolls-Royce Review

Will he review the cars like this on Top Gear? Well,

Name:  0x0Z6.gif
Views: 1969
Size:  504.5 KB

Source - youtube

Last edited by naveen.raju : 13th February 2016 at 07:11.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 14:45   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Ok so any idea when the new Amazon show is going to start ? Can't wait to see our favourite blokes again.

The new TG lineup is pretty impressive, but let's be honest, I'm sure the Amazon show is going to kill BBC's Top Gear.
I agree 100% with you. The new line up is strong but it will not be able to replace the camaraderie of the boys and the subtle humor that came along with it. It would be "a car show" just like Top Gear USA and Aussie are but it would very mechanical. The soul of the show was the team that made the earlier shows and now they have all left.
Old 13th February 2016, 18:53   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade004 View Post

As for this one, it's more likely to be like Two and a Half Men after Ashton Kutcher replaced Charlie Sheen. At least, that's the best analogy I can think of at the moment.
The analogy would have been spot on had only Clarkson left and Evans replaced him! I guess here we'll have to treat TG as an all new show. Comparisons with the old trio will push the expectations up unnecessarily!

Coming back to the analogy, the way I remember it, once Sheen left Two n a Half Men, both Sheen and the show went down the drain!
Old 13th February 2016, 19:41   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
The analogy would have been spot on had only Clarkson left and Evans replaced him! I guess here we'll have to treat TG as an all new show. Comparisons with the old trio will push the expectations up unnecessarily!

Coming back to the analogy, the way I remember it, once Sheen left Two n a Half Men, both Sheen and the show went down the drain!

I always liked Sheen. In real life maybe a bit of a douche bag, but his screen characters were great. Still, enjoyed the series when he left too, just different.
Jeroen
Old 17th February 2016, 07:17   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

New Top Gear Show Captured Filming Mustangs By Drone Pilot

Quote:
A hobbyist drone pilot filmed the new Top Gear crew driving old and new Ford Mustangs along a bridge in the Scottish Highlands for the show.

Courtesy - carscoop
Old 17th February 2016, 18:22   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
We are all thinking about which new host will replace which old one but according to me this will be a totally different all new show and an all new format, and looks promising at that.

IF they wanted to keep the same format, they would not have replaced the old hosts, there is no replacement for them. They would have digested another tantrum of Mr. Clarkson, like they always have.
+1 Vineet
totally agree with you, if they wanted the same format they would have taken another tantrum from JC
lets hope the new show doesn't turn out like Fifth Gear
Old 11th March 2016, 06:58   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Top Gear Warns Londoners Of Them Drifting A Mustang On The Tower Bridge

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-topgearletter.jpg

Courtesy - carscoop
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 07:08   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

BBC Apologizes For Matt LeBlanc's Top Gear Cenotaph Stunt, Will Not Use Footage

Quote:
The BBC has issued an apology after controversial footage of Top Gear host Matt LeBlanc and racer Ken Block luridly driving an 845bhp ‘Hoonicorn’ Mustang in close proximity to a British war monument known as the Cenotaph, hit the internet.

The video, filmed by an onlooker, shows LeBlanc coaxing the Hoonicorn into “doughnuts” right in front of the Cenotaph, filming for a part which included London’s Tower Bridge and other areas of the British capital’s scenery.

This drew criticism and furor from afar, including former James Bond, Roger Moore, who tweeted: "I was brought up to respect those who laid down their lives for this country. Shame on Top Gear and the BBC."

In a statement, the BBC apologized and said that the Cenotaph stunt was not intended to appear in the final film:

"Top Gear has been on location around central London over the past few days. Ahead of filming, the production team worked closely with the Metropolitan Police Film Unit and the Special Events Unit of Westminster Council. This was a large-scale, complex shoot, prepared over a period of four months, which required numerous road closures, health and safety regulations to be in place, and also included full disclosure to local residents, including the Treasury and Foreign Office.

The Cenotaph was at no point intended to feature in the program and therefore will not appear in the final film. However, we are acutely aware of how some of the images in the press look today via the angle and distance they were taken and for which, as Chris Evans has already said, we sincerely apologize.

The driver of the car was briefed by production prior to filming as to where to drive and to not do any manoeuvres close to the monument, an instruction to which he fully adhered.

We would like to make it absolutely clear that the Top Gear team has the utmost respect for the Cenotaph, what it stands for, and those heroic individuals whose memory it serves so fittingly."

Top Gear frontman Chris Evans has been in damage control all week, apologizing “unreservedly” for the “disrespectful” stunt. In an interview on Monday, he said "that footage will definitely not go on the air, no question about it."

The BBC news site reported that a spokesperson for the Westminster City Council contacted Top Gear producers on Monday "to express our disappointment", but welcomed Chris Evans statement that the footage should not be shown.

"What the Top Gear team did on the day was not what had been agreed during the planning process," said the spokesman. "At no time had the BBC producers made Westminster City Council aware that the car was going to be doing anything but drive down Whitehall. There was no discussion about wheel spins and a doughnut and permission would not have been given to do so."

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-screenshot_1.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-screenshot_2.jpg

Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!-screenshot_3.jpg

courtesy - carscoop
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 08:51   #87
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I have completely stopped watching Top Gear. To me it was synonymous with those three fellas. The new fella doesn't come close.

So I have decided forevermore to eschew this show.
Old 16th March 2016, 09:06   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The new fella doesn't come close.
Even I liked Top Gear because of the presenter trio, but is it not soon to decide that the new presenter doesn't come close, before the show has even gone on air?
Old 16th March 2016, 09:27   #89
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Even I liked Top Gear because of the presenter trio, but is it not soon to decide that the new presenter doesn't come close, before the show has even gone on air?
Basically I don't like Chris Evans' mug. I don't think he will be able to match that wicked trio. But that is purely my own personal bias. And I am acting upon it by eschewing the show in its new avatar.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 09:43   #90
BHPian

IMHO the new Top Gear would start fine with crazy drifts and the like but it would soon run out of ideas when the cool stuff is all done away with. The main reason for watching Top Gear for me was with the boys it wasn't just a car show. It was a car show +. Obviously we'll have to wait and find out how these new guys work together (I am excited about Sabine Smidt) but the trio have been friends for so long. Their personal chemistry is better.

Last edited by RocketRaccoon : 16th March 2016 at 09:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks