Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2021, 14:55   #451
BHPian

Re: Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!

Looks like Jezza is getting a new series called the "Clarkson"s farm" (Maybe based on his own farm):

Releases on 11th June.

The trailer features his lamborghini tractor and Range Rover.
Old 21st May 2021, 15:35   #452
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
These guys take so long to produce one onerous trip. The later Top Gear UK team have put together two brilliant seasons totally nearly 8 episodes during the same time.
Where are you watching these episodes?

I tried to go to BBC Player but found out that the subscriptions service is only for UK users.
Old 21st May 2021, 15:37   #453
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshan Joshi View Post
Looks like Jezza is getting a new series called the "Clarkson"s farm" (Maybe based on his own farm):

Releases on 11th June.

The trailer features his lamborghini tractor and Range Rover.
Wasn't it called "I bought the farm"? Have they renamed the show? So unimaginative, then!
Old 15th July 2021, 14:41   #454
BHPian

New Grand Tour Special coming on 30th July.

They are using a Buick Riviera , Cadillac Deville and a Lincoln.
Eshan Joshi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 15:49   #455

The new episode is out on Prime Video. Felt good to watch them on screen together after a long time.
thush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 22:29   #456
BHPian

I saw the new special on Amazon. While it was nice to see the trio again, it kind of felt like a time pass to watch. Didn't seem as funny as I know they can be. And to top it all off, they say they set off to answer the question of why the American car never caught on in the UK and then seems a bit aimless.
nikhilthegunner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 18:17   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilthegunner View Post
I saw the new special on Amazon. While it was nice to see the trio again, it kind of felt like a time pass to watch. Didn't seem as funny as I know they can be. And to top it all off, they say they set off to answer the question of why the American car never caught on in the UK and then seems a bit aimless.
Fully agree. None of the kind of drama which we normally associate with the Top gear specials of yore! The only recent Grand Tour episodes which I found exceptional were the Mongolia special and the Boat special.
Old 3rd August 2021, 18:25   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer567 View Post
Fully agree. None of the kind of drama which we normally associate with the Top gear specials of yore! The only recent Grand Tour episodes which I found exceptional were the Mongolia special and the Boat special.
I think it was something about the BBC crew, or even the team's frame of mind while operating, but not one episode, special or otherwise, has anything on the original Top Gear (second season onwards). Even the India special was better than most of the grand tour. Mongolia was good, but was absolutely beige compared to Africa.
Or is that just me?
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 20:05   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I think it was something about the BBC crew, or even the team's frame of mind while operating, but not one episode, special or otherwise, has anything on the original Top Gear (second season onwards). Even the India special was better than most of the grand tour. Mongolia was good, but was absolutely beige compared to Africa.
Or is that just me?
Absolutely spot on. Despite the higher production value, Grand Tour was never as good as Top Gear - specials or otherwise. Reasons may include:

1) The script was better with top gear which meant more drama.

2) I guess Top Gear was always more than the sum of its parts and it just couldn’t be replicated, even though they had Andy Wilman, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May - the crux of the team.

3) The trio are getting old (especially Clarkson and May) and they just can’t do the stuff they used to. In the Madagascar special, Clarkson literally just choose the comfiest car and they were clearly battered from the Mongolia special.

4) The trio were declining even in the later seasons of top gear, so I guess they’ve just run their time.

I watched some of the old specials like the Vietnam, Africa and Bolivia ones recently and yes, they were clearly, far better!
Old 25th November 2021, 16:13   #460
BHPian

The trailer for the next episode of the Grand Tour is out.

Looks like they are deviating for the road trips we've been seeing recently back into doing feature films and I love it! I've been underwhelmed by many of the recent GT episodes but I really have high hopes on this one, can't wait to watch

dragracer567 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 17:28   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

The Grand Tour - Carnage A Trois to be aired on December 17th 2021. No existing cars this time but looks pretty entertaining.

No matter what, I will anyways watch this . Currently watching the original Top Gear series for the Nth time.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 12:10   #462
BHPian

I'm extremely glad to see that they're deviating from doing specials. The trailer seems to show the episode to be similar to any Top gear/Grand Tour episode sans the Celebrity and news segments. I'm eagerly looking forward to this being aired on Amazon Prime.

I wasn't that excited for either the Madagascar Special or the Lockdown special, as it seemed pretty obvious to me from their trailers that they were specials that would be dragged on unnecessarily, but now I'm excited post watching the new trailer.

Hope the guys kill it this time!
karthi.stark is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 20:40   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
The Grand Tour - Carnage A Trois to be aired on December 17th 2021. No existing cars this time but looks pretty entertaining.

No matter what, I will anyways watch this . Currently watching the original Top Gear series for the Nth time.
Hey Naveen, would love to know how and where are you watching the original series. I had the complete data but it got wiped out when my hdd crashed couple of years back.

Aditya
Old 2nd December 2021, 20:41   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

Which platform has the original Top Gear series ? I've been searching for it everywhere but can't find it
Old 3rd December 2021, 08:29   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
Hey Naveen, would love to know how and where are you watching the original series. I had the complete data but it got wiped out when my hdd crashed couple of years back.

Aditya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Which platform has the original Top Gear series ? I've been searching for it everywhere but can't find it
I bought the DVD many years back along with their independent shows.

Some of the seasons are available on Discovery plus. Also I did see all seasons on Amazon Prime US that can be watched with Motortrend subscription add-on. Might work with a VPN but not sure. Guess it's hard to bypass Amazon.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks