Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2007, 20:16   #16
BHPian

the veyron and this new ssc are no doubt FANTASTIC.....i mean its no joke getting a car to do such speeds while it still sticks to the tarmac. but in the end its no ferrari, no aston, no lamborghini....... its a lifeless engineering exercise.

a gr8 one at tht but thts simply it! these cars are classic examples of timeless engineering...... its driven by nuts, bolts and cogs...... not passion!
Old 19th March 2007, 20:25   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
its driven by nuts, bolts and cogs...... not passion!
it sure does take lot of passion to get it there.
Old 19th March 2007, 23:39   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
@rehaan - the CD is pretty decent if you consider that the F1 cars have them in excess of 1 because they need the drag to hold them to ground going into corners. The lesser CD cars are usually not this powerful and it is advantageous for them to have lesser resistance, but for these Hyper Cars with the spoilers, diffusers and othere Aero aids that is a decent number.

But again from the above CD numbers it looks like a car that will only go fast in a straight line
I totally did not think about the downforce aspect of going xxx mph.

As for only going fast in a straight line... it is american! and its 1000+hp RWD, which means it will either go in a straight line or circles around a point

Good news is that it comes with a 1yr unlimited mile warranty!

cya
R
Old 20th March 2007, 00:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
this is why i like American cars firstly they don't need 10 radiators or 4 turbos to get to that speed and they will deliver you the luxury and speed of euro cars for half or even quarter the price........
I would agree to this very statement made....when all the euroopen manufacturers go via a smaller engine and pumps the power factor via the TC or SC,,,these guys just plonk in a bonker of an engine and it goes like stink!!!!!The best example I can imagine is the SRT car from CJD!!seriousl powerful cars which can give Porsches, Landrovers and maybe Feraris to an extent goosebumps,,,,and finally check out the money you pay,,,just PEANUTS i would say!!! but fit and finish....I dont wannna argue!!

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd March 2007 at 21:48.
Old 20th March 2007, 05:19   #20
BHPian

looks better than the barrel shaped bugatti..looked like a fat pig with a snout in the front..
this SSC looks sharper and more exciting than the veyron anyday..
lets see if it can go faster than the Veyron.

Last edited by chetanhanda : 20th March 2007 at 05:28.
Old 20th March 2007, 05:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

From the front wheel back, it's a dead ringer for the old Diablo. Though the rear three quarter view is rather CCX-ish
Old 20th March 2007, 05:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

this car no doubt has a lot of engineering put into it. but then what sets apart the veyron is that its been built not just to beat any records, but as an artform, an example of the best engineering money can buy. In contrast, the Aero seems, well, a little amateurish (notice I said, in contrast).

pawan and all the other guys who think american cars are value for money and can do more with less. you are wrong. american cars are just poorly made. period. if you disagree, come and drive an american car, any american car (with very few exceptions). you'll know what i'm talking about.

its not that tough to wrangle 1150 hp out of a turbocharged corvette engine. But i bet that the car, if entered alongside the veyron in the 24 hr Le mans or even the 12 hour Sebring, would last but a few hours.
Old 20th March 2007, 06:06   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
the veyron and this new ssc are no doubt FANTASTIC.....i mean its no joke getting a car to do such speeds while it still sticks to the tarmac. but in the end its no ferrari, no aston, no lamborghini....... its a lifeless engineering exercise.

a gr8 one at tht but thts simply it! these cars are classic examples of timeless engineering...... its driven by nuts, bolts and cogs...... not passion!
Do you mean that only the above list of car makers makes cars with passion??

And to say the car is driven by nuts, bolts and not passion is completely out of this world!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I think he is talking about a model
Who doesn't know that???
Quote:
but love to see a duel between them at nurbugring also bugatti is known to have a big cover up business they always cover up crashes.
I will kill to see that duel happening.
And any concrete proof to strengthen your claim of that cover up business??

@ChetanHanda. So, Bugatti looks $hit?? Alto looks better right???
Old 20th March 2007, 10:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
looks better than the barrel shaped bugatti..looked like a fat pig with a snout in the front..
Dude , thats gonna raise a hell fight out here. But I compeletely disagree on your statement that SSC looks more exciting infact it looks too plain Jane with little or no mane.
Old 20th March 2007, 11:06   #25
BHPian

ananthkamath-hey the newer American blocks talking about the ls series are all aluminum blocks but forged aluminum but the block ssc is using is most probably a generation 1 lt1 block which is cast iron so my point is why dont you see daily driven 1000 bhp jap cars because other than the supra and skyline everything else has aluminum blocks but even the supra and skyline have a lower melting point cast iron.

the melting temperature of aluminum is around 600 odd degree c but the melting point of cast iron is around 1200 degree so the amount of friction which exceeds 1000 bhp cars are really high.

the ssc is most likely using a lt1 because the ssc is 387 ci which is nothing but a bored out 350 and the ls are over 400. this means the veyron would need more cooling than the ssc.

so technically the ssc engine would have a longer life than a veyron aluminum engine so thats why about 5 radiators cool the engine only where as the lt 1 uses a single radiator.

speedzak-sorry about that don't have any concrete info regarding the buggati but i am searching and will post once i get them.
Old 20th March 2007, 11:42   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Why dont you design a car capable of doing something like this,with more exciting looks and something that does not look like a combination of the XJ220 and the Koenigsegg
Its easy to sit back and comment..
Why dont you appreciate the fact that they have accomplished more BHP figures in a V8 twin Turbo taken from a corvette rather than the 10cyl quad turbo veyron..

Godfather
Look. When you make a car keeping in mind that its made specifically for breaking Bugatti records, you expect more. You expect there to be comparison. What problem is there if I put forward my opinion on the car and I think that it looks like a Koenig or XJ??
Appreciation comes, no doubt! But, when comparison comes in question you always expect the car to stand upto the standards of the opponent its made to stand against!
The engineering is absolutely brilliant no doubt, but then why make it limited numbers? This is where practicality and dependability takes over. Whether the car performs good overall or not, we'll know soon...

Peace,
Cheers!!

Last edited by torqueunlimited : 20th March 2007 at 11:43.
Old 20th March 2007, 18:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so technically the ssc engine would have a longer life than a veyron aluminum engine so thats why about 5 radiators cool the engine only where as the lt 1 uses a single radiator.
No, technically, this means that you know very little about both materials as well as engines. So better not talk about your half-*** research on the internet and misinform others.

Last edited by ananthkamath : 20th March 2007 at 18:23.
Old 20th March 2007, 20:01   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
No, technically, this means that you know very little about both materials as well as engines. So better not talk about your half-*** research on the internet and misinform others.
well then you tell me more about that and i will see how much you know.guess i don't know much.

Last edited by pawan : 20th March 2007 at 20:07.
Old 20th March 2007, 21:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

nah, too much work. i'd rather you learn by yourself while you grow up.
Old 20th March 2007, 21:17   #30
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys, quit the name-calling, eh?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks