Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2007, 02:26   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess? View Post
I don't want to get in the fight regarding Euro v American, but all I have to say regarding the visual appeal is that Looks are subjective.
exactly..
depends ..some people like blob shaped cars and some like missile shaped cars..
Old 21st March 2007, 03:25   #47
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, but as far as looks go, the SSC is a Diablo-CCX ripoff. The Bug is unique.

The Veyron has been hugely derestricted to ensure driveability. Pawan, it's nice to quote figures, but you can't expect John Lingenfelter's best to match up to the Veyron on the track. And you can't expect a Hennessey Viper to crawl happily through traffic either, a skill I'm sure the Veyron possesses to an ample degree. Do you honestly think with an 8 litre mill and 4 turbos, VW's finest engineers could ONLY squeeze out 1000 bhp? This is probably their bare minimum, man.

And one more thing, PLEASE stop putting modded cars like Red Victor One on stock company car discussions. I could put up Djuric's Supra and Andrej's Skyline and that would probably end the discussion right there.
Old 21st March 2007, 03:28   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Sorry, but as far as looks go, the SSC is a Diablo-CCX ripoff. The Bug is unique.
ok, ripoff ..and not unique but not blob like atleast..
and the diablo and the CCX aren't bad lookers in the 1st place ..

Last edited by chetanhanda : 21st March 2007 at 03:35.
Old 21st March 2007, 03:39   #49
Senior - BHPian

No they're not. They're probably some of the most beautiful cars ever made. But the point is, this design isn't too original.
Old 21st March 2007, 03:44   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
No they're not. They're probably some of the most beautiful cars ever made. But the point is, this design isn't too original.
sure.. its not unique or original but isn't it better looking than the Veyron ?
Old 21st March 2007, 06:41   #51
Senior - BHPian

Hmm..sledge hammer seems to be an apt name. These American super cars are as gracefull and subtle as a sledge hammer.
Old 21st March 2007, 07:16   #52
BHPian

Let the car come out and then we will see if it goes as fast as it is claimed. As far as the looks are concerned the Bugatti does look funny and kinda looks like a fat old aunty. I think its headlights look weird. But ofcourse looks are subjective. This new SSC thing looks ok too. It has a weird nose as well.
Old 21st March 2007, 09:11   #53
BANNED

If looks are just the lone subjective here, then There're more better looking cars than these too. And for my eyes (and heart, I may add) the uniqueness of the Bug appeals more than some very swelte, cute, angled and rocket nosed cars.
But this thread is more than eyecandy and it is a question of whether this SSC thingy can challenge a Veyron. Not just in looks but in real world performance, stability etc..

To say that some of the most highly paid and dedicated engineers in the world made a failure out of Veyron is pure stupidity.
Many people who commented similar crap had to eat mouthfuls of their own words once they got to experience the real thing.

So, we will wait and see what this glorified CCX can do in real world scenarios.
Is there a possibility of arranging a test drive of the above 2 cars for all the warring souls who've contributed to this thread?
Old 21st March 2007, 12:44   #54
BHPian

well i only posted those cars to show busa that v8 can be modified to beat w16 and Djuric's Supra and Andrej's Skyline they run odd 10 sec and 8 sec respectively there are many 6 sec vette in the sate of ohio and street legal because they have no emission tests on older cars.

ps: today is the they break the record.also according to guinees the ccr is the fastest not even the ccx and veyron because the veyron was not tested.

check this out to show the handling of the ssc:
http://www.sscautos.com/multimedia/video/mov02938.mpg

Last edited by pawan : 21st March 2007 at 12:55.
Old 21st March 2007, 16:32   #55
Senior - BHPian

Wonder if they have even started the engine during wind tunnel testing. Besides, a 'production' car means that the engine has to sustain multiple high speed runs without blowing itself to bits.

This looks like a marketing gimmick piggy backing on the Buggati name. Theory is for class rooms, not for the roads.
Old 21st March 2007, 17:38   #56
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do you honestly think with an 8 litre mill and 4 turbos, VW's finest engineers could ONLY squeeze out 1000 bhp? This is probably their bare minimum, man.
Yup, I read in some test that they were restricted by the transmission. Thats why they kept it to a 1000BHP figure.
Old 21st March 2007, 17:52   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
well i only posted those cars to show busa that v8 can be modified to beat w16
So if a W16 will be modified then V8's wont even stand a chance. Bunk the looks buttt in all aspects be it handling, braking, daily driving, cruising, comfort, features, snob value & exclusivity nothing even comes closer to the Veyron.

And if you wanna compare the looks then the Ferraris, Lambos & Astons are much better.
Old 21st March 2007, 18:51   #58
Senior - BHPian

A Veyron is a Veyron dude. The SSC might get you to 400+kmph, but the Veyron can get you there faster and let u stay there in comfort, for as long as the fuel lasts (12 mins to be precise).

Like they say, it's not how fast you go, but how you go fast that matters. In terms of sheer acceleration and stability, the Veyron is still the king. Moreover, the Veyron is supposed to be awesome in the corners as well.

If i'm not wrong, i think the present Veyron has an electronically limited top speed. So, 407kmph isn't all that car is capable of.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 21st March 2007 at 18:53.
Old 21st March 2007, 20:33   #59
BHPian

here are some videos from the site:
http://www.sscautos.com/multimedia/video/mov02336.mpg (dyno)
http://www.sscautos.com/multimedia/video/fb-end-hig.wmv (1/4 mile)
http://www.sscautos.com/multimedia/v...b-side-hig.wmv (0-60)
http://www.sscautos.com/multimedia/v...b-rear-hig.wmv (1/4 mile launch)

why do people always say if its a american car its build for straight and if its euro its build for the track there are euro cars that are good in the strip and american cars that are good in the track.
Old 22nd March 2007, 00:03   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
why do people always say if its a american car its build for straight and if its euro its build for the track there are euro cars that are good in the strip and american cars that are good in the track.
Well that's because American manufacturers and customers are more interested in horse power figures & staight-line numbers of cars then anything else, for proof pick up some American car mags & go through them. (With perhaps the exception of Car & Driver)

Whereas, in the European market the makers & the customers are much more concerned with the overall package of the car like the engine, gearbox, refinement, power-to-weight ratio, track performance, handling on twisty roads etc. Believe it or not but Europe produces high-performance machines which are way ahead in refinement, handling & build quality compared to american machines. Yes, they are expensive but there is a reason for that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks