Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2008, 21:00   #181
Senior - BHPian

Why no photos of the car with a personal touch?

I mean the interiors in detail, in car view of the road/whatever while the car is moving, under hood pics, pic of all the 070s stashed inside the garage
etc etc

Most of the pic has got a third party kind of look? It kind of lacks the intimacy one would expect if the car was one's own.

Waiting for your words Tj..
Old 16th April 2008, 21:55   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hskhan View Post
BS. They're talking about another thread. Not this. O7O has hinted that his dad's a car dealer and we have no reason to doubt it. How you guys can deny that he has posted SEVERAL photos, all with the same license plate, in different lighting situations, is beyond me.

I think this sudden skepticism is fueled by a little thing called jealousy. You saw a kid with nice cars and instead of thanking him for sharing you decided to dig around and throw dirt on him. Shame on you.

WTH? When did you ever see his license plate on the Bentley? You're imagining he said he owned it.

His lamborghini is parked right next to the car. Obviously this kid parties with the rich and famous. He's fortunate enough to own what he owns and you guys are trying very very hard to discredit him.

The jealousy/contempt/skepticism of few might have cost us more photos from tjulla. I'd be surprised if he shared any more photos from this point on.

There's absolutely nothing to do with jealousy here. I am satisfied as I am and have had the lovely pleasure of seeing some of the greatest things this world has to offer, for which I'm obviously thankful. Being in London, I get to see and experience automobiles like this on a daily basis, often on a personal level. However,when there is a lack of personalisation in the way some of the pictures are presented, one can't be discredited for being doubtful, but it is wrong to accuse the same of being jealous. Being a senior and long-running member on this forum (before which I was a leecher here), I have witnessed the previous bouts of controversies that have popped up when people claim to be someone they're not, or claim to own something that they clearly don't. I have merely stated I HAD my doubts from before, but never once did I openly point them out. I have credited and acknowledged the pictures 070 has posted up, and even shown my respect for his reasonably fine choice of cars.

I am incredibly open to an explanation regarding some of the points raised from his photos, but will not tolerate, amongst many others here, someone who puts on a facade, especially on this well moderated and disciplined forum.

Lastly, I suggest you read this once again: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...tml#post791663

Last edited by aniguchisan : 16th April 2008 at 21:56.
Old 16th April 2008, 22:46   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Lastly, I suggest you read this once again: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...tml#post791663
What are you trying to say? That there's only one Mansory Bentley Continental GT? Dude, there are 24 Mansory Bentley Continental GTs in the world. RRR is not the only person with that car.

Put forth something substantive if you're going to hint that someone's lying (which is exactly what you're doing). If all you've got against the guy is that he HAD a car that someone else now has, then you're just blowing smoke.

Last edited by hskhan : 16th April 2008 at 22:49.
Old 16th April 2008, 22:54   #184
BHPian

lets stop commenting and wait for tj's reply. (if he does that)
Old 16th April 2008, 22:59   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What are you trying to say? That there's only one Mansory Bentley Continental GT? Dude, there are 24 Mansory Bentley Continental GTs in the world. RRR is not the only person with that car.

Put forth something substantive if you're going to hint that someone's lying (which is exactly what you're doing). If all you've got against the guy is that he HAD a car that someone else now has, then you're just blowing smoke.
If you know anything about the Ajman boys and their countless wannabes, they're KNOWN for their orange-on-black trademark design. Even if this isn't an RRR car (which is very possible, no doubt), 070 DOES say that that particular Bentley is/was his! He says it right there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjallu View Post
While were on the topic of the LP 640 and the Bentley, heres a few pictures of them togeather. The Bentley WAS my Dads, he let me take it because I convinced him
that I don't feel "safe" in any other car, especially in Dubai. Some people don't like the color combination, but this was the only car that was availible from Mansory
without having to wait 6 Months and still not be guaranteed a car from them, plus with only 24 made world-wide we went for it. We ended up selling it 2 months
later though, too worried that even the smallest crash/ding would be too much of a hassel to fix. And my Dad can't have a car that is not in perfect condition it
disturbs him. So instead we got the Rolls Royce Phantom. Enjoy the pictures!
I'm not hinting on anyone lying. I'm ensuring that the content on this forum is justified and correct...for everyone's sake. I STILL haven't openly accused anyone of lying (besides agent4ferrari and that kid), but you Sir are certainly being far too verbal. Neither of us know the truth (yet), but if there are doubts and a lack of jusitification thus far, let us just be more patient, perhaps address our doubts and concerns, but let's not take it to too personal a level.

Additionally, my one query to tjallu about whether he knew of the RRR crew was left unanswered, as opposed to almost all other queries posted in this thread.

I await 070's reply.

Last edited by aniguchisan : 16th April 2008 at 23:07.
Old 16th April 2008, 23:03   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

I think this thread should be locked until tjallu's reply.

Otherwise we people will just fight among ourselves like kids
Old 16th April 2008, 23:44   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BS.
The use of abbreviations do not make an uncivil comment (with reference to the context) any more acceptable. I would suggest that you watch your words, particularly since nobody here has used such language either against the thread initiator or you. A question was asked of tjallu and we are awaiting his response.

Quote:
I think this sudden skepticism is fueled by a little thing called jealousy. You saw a kid with nice cars and instead of thanking him for sharing you decided to dig around and throw dirt on him. Shame on you.
The reasons for questioning the claim are mentioned. Some of the cars posted are known to belong to some other people. The owners are on the other forum.

FYI, I did not have to dig around. My colleague saw my homepage when he came over to my desk - I know he is a petrolhead because he drives some exotics himself, but when he saw Team BHP on my PC, words came from his mouth that would translate into asterisks on the forum software. Since this forum is practically my second home, it is a matter of concern when people who are actively involved in the exotic car scene make comments such as these about stuff that is posted out here. Their opinions are backed up by first-hand knowledge - are yours?

Quote:
The jealousy/contempt/skepticism of few might have cost us more photos from tjulla. I'd be surprised if he shared any more photos from this point on.
Photographs of exotics are freely available on the web.

I really cannot figure out why you are getting so worked up about this, but hey its a free forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I think this thread should be locked until tjallu's reply.

Otherwise we people will just fight among ourselves like kids
A very valid suggestion. X has posted pictures of cars allegedly belonging to Y, which Z claims belong to A,B,C and the rest of the alphabet. Let the concerned people clarify - why should everyone else here break their heads about this?

Last edited by Steeroid : 16th April 2008 at 23:55.
Old 17th April 2008, 00:05   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I've been watching this thread for a while and I've had doubts that a lot of these pictures were taken at the Arab Run and some other track events & photoshopped. These doubts grew when I saw that fancy Bentley featured in this week's WHEELS magazine with the same sort of backgrounds - taken about 10 days back at the Arab Run, only it featured a fancy DUBAI number.

Today I called my colleague to my table and showed him this thread. He is one of the guys that run a very clean and professional forum based in the middle east, and he laughed his guts out. They have been discussing our thread in their forum !

I was looking for al reem websit !! - The Top Cars

TJALLU what do you have to say about this?
Hey Steer, With all respect bro. I have been looking at this tread with lost of skepticism, however many of tjallus posts and pics to back it up have convinced me a lot that his collection is genuine.

Reasons: (rambling on from here on......)

He gave a disclaimer that all his cars were 070 and he was not going to conceal the plates to make sure we believe they are not random gulf pics but pics from the same stable. And from what I tried to notice the plates dont look Photoshopped at all.

Hes taken interior shots of many cars so it cannot be random road pics.

There are pics of the Porsche in the showroom with the plates being put on and driven out of showroom.

Quote:
This is interesting. I love how every once in a while someone creates controversy on tbhp. Be it agent4ferrari, that silly kid from Hollywood and now this, our Arab Prince.

Steeroid, I'm very certain that the Bentley is the RRR Ajman clans'. It's got their trademark colour combination. That's when I first had my doubts and addressed them mildly within this thread itself.

----

Did a little snooping around, check these out to see what I mean:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachm...4&d=1188421846

RRR group cars - Page 2 - E46Fanatics

RRR group cars - Page 4 - E46Fanatics
I agree that the Bentley is from RRR. It very clear and paint pattern matchs the pics on the RRR thread. However Tjallu does say that the Bentley WAS his dads.. but then what he goes on to say does confuse me now on closer reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjallu View Post
While were on the topic of the LP 640 and the Bentley, heres a few pictures of them togeather. The Bentley WAS my Dads, he let me take it because I convinced him
that I don't feel "safe" in any other car, especially in Dubai. Some people don't like the color combination, but this was the only car that was availible from Mansory
without having to wait 6 Months and still not be guaranteed a car from them, plus with only 24 made world-wide we went for it. We ended up selling it 2 months
later though, too worried that even the smallest crash/ding would be too much of a hassel to fix. And my Dad can't have a car that is not in perfect condition it
disturbs him. So instead we got the Rolls Royce Phantom. Enjoy the pictures!

Tjallu, please take some pics which will convince us! Not that you have to if you are, who you say are.

To clear all this up, I will personally take the responsibility. Please send 2 return flight tickets and let me test drives the cars from your stable.

Lots of kit cars available now I hear.

Anyway.waiting for Tjallu reply. Mods please do not close this thread for the obvious reasons.

Last edited by IronWolf : 17th April 2008 at 00:08.
Old 17th April 2008, 00:13   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
I agree that the Bentley is from RRR. It very clear and paint pattern matchs the pics on the RRR thread.
Here ya go - pictures courtesy:
http://forum.gtspirit.com/arab-run-2008-t7391.html?amp The car was at the Arab Run, and yes it was driven by an 18 year old. But it was NOT from Saudi Arabia - aniguchisan got it right:
Pics: The O Seven O Garage-rrr-bentley.jpg

Last edited by Steeroid : 17th April 2008 at 00:14.
Old 17th April 2008, 00:17   #190
Senior - BHPian

A final point. We all know how wealthy people like to drive fancy cars, ones which ooze personalisation and uniqueness. The Ajman lot are known for their colour combination, which they have maintained for a number of years. Would another royal family from the Middle East itself want to purchase a Bentley/exotic in the exact same combination that has been made infamous by another family? Mansory would build cars in combinations desired by their clients. It is therefore unlikely for Mansory to offer orange-on-black as the only available colour combination...it is just far too bespoke for them to have available in their catalougue! Even if someone does opt for the same colour combination, I would certainly never expect it to be from a Saudi royal. I believe there may be another Mansory GT out there with the same combination, but find it difficult to believe it once belonged to someone who was sold it purely because it was the only colour the company offered. I say this because the RRR Mansory and the 070 showed in his pics have different exhausts and rear-end bodykits.

Lastly, this is what a forum like this is all about. Agreements, doubts, discussions, speculations and above all, knowledge, are what shape and craft the essence of this site itself. Discouraging or criticising someone who is merely voicing their thoughts in a diplomatic manner is defeating the purpose of this forum. It is futile judging our doubts/interests/curiosity/concern as feelings out of contempt.

Last edited by aniguchisan : 17th April 2008 at 00:29.
Old 17th April 2008, 00:27   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lastly, this is what a forum like this is all about. Agreements, doubts, discussions, speculations and above all, knowledge, are what shape and craft the essence of this site itself. Discouraging or criticising someone who is merely voicing their thoughts in a diplomatic manner is defeating the purpose of this forum. It is futile judging our doubts/interests/curiosity/concern as feelings out of contempt.
Precisely. I think we would all be happy if tjallu were to respond positively and we are assured that the integrity of the forum is not questioned elsewhere.
Old 17th April 2008, 00:45   #192
BHPian

Youre missing the point.

There is more than 1 Bentley in that colour. Mansory made 24 of them! The Ajman boys are not the only people in the world that have that car in THAT colour. When Mansory gave out their press release they said close to 70% of their business comes from the Middle East/Middle Easterners. Do the math and you'l see that it's possible more than 1 person in the ME has that exact same car.

What you're saying could be likened to someone saying there is only 1 red ferrari in the world, and if I post a picture of claiming it's mine, then I must be lying. It makes absolutely no sense.

Furthermore, this car was in Essen at a motor show a few months ago. That doesnt mean that the Ajman boys or whoever it is brought it there. I repeat. That car is not a one off. There were a total of 24 made by Mansory - TWENTY FOUR. If anything, the Ajman boys copied Mansory's colour scheme after they saw the Bentley back in 2006.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: The O Seven O Garage-g9exrmpg.jpg  

Last edited by hskhan : 17th April 2008 at 00:49.
Old 17th April 2008, 01:17   #193
BHPian

Id edit my last post, but cant. Try to find a difference in the two cars before you say he's lying:

What 070 claims is first. The RRR Ajman Bentley is after. Pay attention to the exhaust/rear fender. Still think they're the same cars?
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: The O Seven O Garage-team.jpg  

Pics: The O Seven O Garage-rrr.jpg  

Old 17th April 2008, 01:58   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Id edit my last post, but cant. Try to find a difference in the two cars before you say he's lying:

What 070 claims is first. The RRR Ajman Bentley is after. Pay attention to the exhaust/rear fender. Still think they're the same cars?
Read my last post buddy.
Old 17th April 2008, 03:12   #195
Team-BHP Support

For 070
< We will go through the following with the assumption that you are real >

You know just as well as us that - for every real supercar owner, there are thousands of fake "supercar owners" on the internet, pretending to be what they are not.

As you yourself have expressed - so far you have appreciated Team-BHP since members here have trusted you and did not call you a liar (which is what happens on most other forums you post your pictures on).

We appreciate you deciding to share pictures of your cars with us and im sure all the members enjoy reading this thread.

As of late, there have been some doubts expressed about your authenticity and we would like to clear them so that the discussion can return to the topic with no further interruptions. Hopefully you will decide to put these allegations to rest by participating in the following :

To prove ownership of these cars beyond the scope of reasonable doubt :
1. You will be asked to take 3 photos.
2. 2 photos must show the 070 numberplate.
3. Each photo can feature any car owned by you that has been mentioned previously in this thread.
4. Each photo will also have one <mystery> item that needs to be shown in the photo.
5. You will be given a list of 5 items to choose from.

PM me and i will tell you what the 5 items are, after which you will have 3 days to PM a mod back with the pictures.

For example : Picture 1 : SLR (<- car was your choice), showing the numberplate 070, and with a magazine of your choice/owners manual placed on the hood.
and so on...

The items will be non-personal and easy to find.

I'm sure you will agree with me that doing this will remove the doubt in everyones minds and i hope you are not offended and decide to follow through with this one-time task.

Awaiting your PM.

Thanks,
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks