Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2007, 18:00   #61
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

as JC rightfully said, porsches designers are the laziest. . .this proves that they do make an effort. . . to make an good looking design totally UGLY. Man this is more yucky than the Cayanne.
What were they thinking ??? rather what were they NOT thinking.
Old 15th October 2007, 21:05   #62
BHPian

IMO it looks like a degraded Cayenne.... lowered and stretched. The true sports car image has been played with with the launch of Cayenne and Part-2 is right here in form of Panamera
Old 15th October 2007, 21:14   #63
BHPian

I'm trying to think of an analogy that the porsche' will fit straight into but I can't find one. The only fast cars in their line-up would be the 911 turbo and the 911GT3. The carrera's are below 400horsepower. They handle great sound great drive great. But they're not that fast. An Evo or STi could keep up.
Now they have an SUV + a 4 door in their line-up. Not an exquisite sports car brand. Makes hot-selling cars none-the-less, whether they look hot or not is another story all together
Old 15th October 2007, 22:15   #64
Senior - BHPian

The Panamera is turning out a lot better than it originally looked in spy shots.
Old 17th October 2007, 18:21   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
These are real pictures. take it or leave it!
Jeez dude chill.. I gave my opinion. Work for Porsche or wat?
Old 11th April 2008, 17:11   #66
BHPian

PANAMERA launched.

the longest wait is coming to an end very soon as the PORSCHE panamera has already been shown to the dealers at a secret launch in germany on 7th april 2008. will post the pictures as soon as i get 1.

Note from the Support Staff: Thread merged with existing.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th April 2008 at 22:50. Reason: See note.
Old 11th April 2008, 17:18   #67
BANNED

This is news!!
Whole world will be waiting with their eyes wide open and peeled to have the first official glimpses!

Until then, let's keep our eyes drooling on these old set of spy pictures last caught by WCF!
Old 11th April 2008, 19:22   #68
BHPian

Wow now that's news!!! Finally the BMWs, Mercs and Audis have some real competition from the upper enchalante ...The flying spur, Quattroporte and the much awaited Aston Rapide are all in the line of fire of the Panamera...And considering
1) It's a Porsche
2) It looks great
3) It'll priced like a Porsche [Just right!]
It'll be a huge success IMO
Old 11th April 2008, 19:40   #69
Senior - BHPian

At last it has been launched. Waiting for pix and specs. This project started 4-5 years ago right?
Old 11th April 2008, 19:45   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
At last it has been launched. Waiting for pix and specs. This project started 4-5 years ago right?
I was told of this car when i bought my carrera... I somehow did not like it.. This is my views though.

Goddy
Old 11th April 2008, 20:15   #71
Senior - BHPian

Pretty good looking. Wonder how many of these will sell. Pitted against the Aston Martin Rapide,it'll be an interesting fight.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (326.2 KB, 182 views)
Old 12th April 2008, 00:03   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Pretty good looking. Wonder how many of these will sell. Pitted against the Aston Martin Rapide,it'll be an interesting fight.
Remember through, Astons are never good with numbers. Porsche is a very successful company which realised early on that if it prices it's cars low enough, but not too low, has models that cater to a larger crowd, then they make more $$$. [Chayenne]

They are not exclusive like the rest of the manufacturers at that level...This is therefore a product with more commercial potential than the Rapide...

Just my $0.2
cheers:
Old 12th April 2008, 02:33   #73
Senior - BHPian

Makes sense,DocG.
And with the Panamera catering to the higher strata of buyers,it'll move up a notch with the concept of a 4-door sedan. Porsche already did wonders with the Cayenne being introduced,and now it'll get even better with the sedan.
Old 12th April 2008, 16:34   #74
BHPian

Agree with Docg.
to add numbers to his view and give it more strength, PORSCHE is the only automobile company in the world which is doing more than double digit growth every year (which means more than 10% a year) since the last 14 years...
it is a huge achievement and things (panamera & diesels for Cayennes) are looking even better for them in the coming future.
Old 24th May 2008, 19:29   #75
v10
BHPian

My uncle visited the porsche factory in germany recently as we are into automotive parts manufacturing. One of the employees that he knows well took him to a seperate area where he had to give out his mobile phone, wallet, etc etc. Then he was shown the panamera. Said the car was great and interior was a 50-50 mixture of audi with mmi like buttons and porsche's PCM, though the rear works only on the 911 and was a little awkward. When we contacted the dealer in delhi he said that we can deposit the money now and take delivery next april.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks