Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2010, 17:04   #46
BHPian

Every car has body panels , dashboards , lights , what not and that's what an automobile is supposed to have . So what if there are similarities across the models from different manufacturers ?. If they don't stick to how a car is supposed to look taking into account what sells and look good ... would you buy a car if they said it was based on the Korean Geomancy ?

Hyundai copied form BMW! .....wow! i ain't complaining
Hyundai copied from Honda NHC ?.....wow! i ain't complaining
Hyundai copied from GM Cruze ? ....wow! i ain't complaining
Hyundai copied form Toyota Altis ? ....wow! i ain't complaining

And the reason i ain't complaining is because all models quoted are from higher brand value automobile Manufacturers!. Hyundai delivers the right balance between functionality , price and quality and even Maruti doesn't come close to making a customer feeling like this. They are a notch higher than most barring Maruti when it comes to A . S . S and long term affordability of the car . They brought in the 1.5 Crdi with a vehicle under 10Lacs and changed the perception of power demands in a middle class customer. If not for this , the aam aadhmi would still be paying for underpowered cars purely due to lack of any company taking the initiative.

They brought in the Getz Crdi which was quite frankly nuts but there are some like me who loved something like this happening and we're having fun with madness. I personally like their approach with my experiences with Hyundai so far and have no complaints whatsoever as an Indian Customer . I'm sure many others feel the same.

Common guys , lets not undermine purely cause each one of us spots a round wheel on Hyundai. Rant over

I'm wondering if we should start a Group Buy thread for the Avante just like how the Merc customers did so successfully in Ahmadabad.

Edit : Its no personal attack on anyone . this was just the opinion i thought I'll share whilst going through the 3 pages.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 30th April 2010 at 17:13.
Old 30th April 2010, 18:10   #47
Senior - BHPian

One beautiful package. Should we now brace for the price if / when it launches in India?!! Lets hope H prices this one sensibly, unlike the overpriced launches that eventually would kill excellent cars (Elantra CRDi & Getz CRDi, to name two!) instead of giving them the cult status they deserve.
Old 30th April 2010, 18:45   #48
BHPian

Very sexy indeed. Its miles ahead of the last sold Elantra in India. Nice pics sid.

Hope Hyundai bring this to India at a reasonable price.
Old 30th April 2010, 18:46   #49
BHPian

Call me conservative, but the looks of this car I just cant digest.
For me it just looks too Korean. Just my Opinion!
Old 30th April 2010, 19:44   #50
BHPian

The lines are so similar to civic, people cant notice it well , Interiors really look to sad though in real life it might a little better.
Old 1st May 2010, 01:24   #51
Senior - BHPian

Love the styling !

I love the design of this car. Dont know if its only me, but does anyone else see a bit of the Lexus IS 250 styling in the rear 3/4ths of the car ?
Old 1st May 2010, 03:59   #52
BHPian

The Avante looks amazing. I am kinda liking Hyundai's new design language.
Old 1st May 2010, 06:49   #53
Team-BHP Support

More importantly, when are they planning to launch and getting it to India?
Old 1st May 2010, 11:33   #54
Senior - BHPian

Rear quarter reminds me of ANHC, profile reminds me of a Civic, but overall better done. Till you get to the front, of course. Plain stupid.
Old 1st May 2010, 21:16   #55
nbr
BHPian

The Rear lights are the most disgusting design i have ever seen. It looks more chinese at the back then even Korean. Front looks mashed up with all big cars like Civic,Altis and not to forget the new Ford focus 2011 model
Old 1st May 2010, 21:31   #56
Senior - BHPian

The car looks superb at the first glance.. But when you see it for few more times.!! It doesn't work for me! Hyundia's new design language is all about curves. Curves in all body parts and now, tail lights too!
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:30   #57
BHPian

Car looks awesome and I hope they launch here in 2011. I will be one of them to take a serious look at it, when my car will be due for replacement.

Everyone sees a different car in this car that itself says that it does not get copied. I have gone thru this thread and see people indicating almost all cars in this segment. Now if you say that its a copy of all cars, then its something strange. When you see the car you tend to visualize along side the car that you have most seen or recently seen. This makes you compare and list of differences as well as similarities.
If the first impressions is positive then you tend to find the similarities with the cars you like. if the first impression is negative then you tend to find the similarities with the cars you dont like.

On the lighter note, all cars have 4 wheels, front grill, tail lamps , waistlines and these days raked windscreens. So we cannot say all are copies of each other. I know this analogy sounds stupid, but thats what I felt.

if these are called as copies what would be the chinese look alikes be called as?

Last edited by Car&me : 3rd May 2010 at 17:36.
Old 3rd May 2010, 18:03   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&me View Post
If the first impressions is positive then you tend to find the similarities with the cars you like. if the first impression is negative then you tend to find the similarities with the cars you dont like.

On the lighter note, all cars have 4 wheels, front grill, tail lamps , waistlines and these days raked windscreens. So we cannot say all are copies of each other. I know this analogy sounds stupid, but thats what I felt.

if these are called as copies what would be the chinese look alikes be called as?
So then since cruze, civic and altis all have 4 wheels front grills, so accordingly they all look alike is it? (lighter note)

They always loved to copy successful design, not a bad thing but little bit of originality will be good on their part. Dont understand why they are quite miserable when it comes to bigger cars; they fail in design terms be it elantra, sonata gold , transform or Tuscon. How i wish they can create designs like i20; new and nice

PS. I am a Hyundai elantra owner
Old 4th May 2010, 15:30   #59
Senior - BHPian

@ siddutta - "dont you think there is a overdose of the same design?"

Yes. It seems as if there is an overdose of the same design but atleast Hyundai is finally having a design language/theme of their own and the new design has also made Hyundai's models good-looking compared to their predecessors.

Let's give due credits to Hyundai for what they have done.
Old 4th May 2010, 18:47   #60
BANNED

New Hyundai designs are stunning, the quality is improving . In the coming years Hyundai will be threat to others in higher segments.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks