Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2015, 17:19   #886
BHPian

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
Thanks for that Parth!
Happy to help mate, go thru some of those classics to relive the golden days. Some amazing stuff there.

Quote:
End of a phenomenal season! One thing for sure, Rossi isn't done!
I just can't wait for 2016!!!!
Amen to that!

Quote:
I wonder how many fans have moved camps (Rossi, MM, LOR) after this season.
Are you kidding? Appreciate the "sport" mate and don't be a blinkered Rossi fanboy. We love all of these "world champs" don't we? LOL

I'm changing camps from the 2016 season. </sarcasm>

FORZAVALE!

Cheers
Parth
Old 10th November 2015, 17:48   #887
BHPian

For Rossi fans, here is a nice video with amazing collection of miniatures. Looks like minichamps (costs around $150 per bike!)

Old 10th November 2015, 23:03   #888
BHPian

An excellent article by Mat Oxley @ Motorsport magazine. Highly reccomended to go through in full. Mat is admittedly a big fan of Rossi and has written columns and autobiography for him.

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/ra...ed-in-valencia

He nailed it here..

I saw no evidence that Marquez helped Lorenzo at Phillip Island. I saw every evidence that he did so at Sepang, but this wasn’t his prime intention, which was to mess with Rossi, who had insulted him in public several days earlier. Marquez’s Sepang onslaught went like this: so you thought I was messing with you in Australia did you? Well, check this out, this is what it’s like when I mess with you.

In effect, he lost the title on that Thursday afternoon at Sepang.

About Valencia

If both Repsol Hondas had managed to get past Lorenzo, then Rossi would have been champion. But they didn’t. Perhaps Marquez was riding shotgun to Lorenzo. But if that’s true, why was he on the M1’s tail throughout the race, with his body language – loud as always! – telling us he was building towards a last-lap attack, most likely at the final hairpin, which would give Lorenzo no chance to come back at him? And why didn’t he give Lorenzo an easy time, following him around at a respectful distance, rather than hassling him lap after lap? Those are all questions to which everyone has their own answers. The only fact was that Lorenzo’s M1 had better acceleration grip, so Marquez could never get the drive he needed to set up a pass at the next corner.

At five of the last nine dry-weather MotoGP races at the track there wasn’t a single overtaking manoeuvre at the front. Not one.

I have an addition to Mat's observation. There is a big uproar that Marc tried to block Pedrosa when he tried to overtake and attack Lorenzo. How illogical can that be? Even if Pedrosa had overtaken Lorenzo, all Marc had to do was stay in 3rd and let Lorenzo take 2nd and hence the championship. By fighting with Pedrosa, he had only increased the risk of both the Hondas crashing, which would have given the title to Rossi.

I know that the championship is done and dusted, Lorenzo had placed flag bearing his name on top of the Motogp title cup and that testing has started for 2016. While it may seem unnecessary to delve on this subject, I can't help but express my thoughts for one last time. To summarize, what Marc did at Sepang was dirty and a blemish to the sport. That said, his racing at Valencia is anything but supportive to Lorenzo.

Last edited by badri : 10th November 2015 at 23:29.
badri is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 23:48   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
I saw no evidence that Marquez helped Lorenzo at Phillip Island...snip... manoeuvre at the front. Not one.
That's a terrific article in my opinion. Presents a very logical and statistical backing to their claims.

Slightly OT, but felt it was worth sharing here:

They say a picture speaks a thousand words. So I'll just add context here, the person in the foreground is Valentino Rossi and the person in the background is Rossi's mother. What a lovely picture!

The 2015 MotoGP Thread-12191571_10154338346783761_7725800856257739594_n.jpg
ashwin.terminat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 11:25   #890
Senior - BHPian

Marquez says he was nervous before the start of the Valencia GP.

Quote:
Marc Marquez has revealed he was nervous before the MotoGP title decider at Valencia because he knew the controversy that would be created if Valentino Rossi lost the championship.

The Honda rider was in the spotlight heading into the season finale even though he was not in the title picture, following accusations from Rossi that he was trying to help Jorge Lorenzo win the championship.

Following a war of words after the Phillip Island and Sepang rounds - and a collision with Rossi at the latter - Marquez was then accused of not trying to win the race when he finished second as Lorenzo sealed the title with victory at Valencia.

"After Malaysia I suffered a lot and when I reached Valencia I wanted to win the race, simply because we knew that if we did not we would be in this situation as has happened," said Marquez during post-season testing on Tuesday.

"I am not stupid either and knew it would end like this and this made me more nervous before the race started, even more than in 2013 when I battled for the championship [at the final race].

"It was one of the times I was more serious because I knew this [controversy] was coming, it was a situation I wanted to avoid in the first place by winning the race."

Marquez added he hopes Rossi will calm down over the off-season, although he accepts it will be tough to move on from their feud.

"I honestly believe that within two or three months, when Valentino is at home without the stress of the championship, he will find a bit of everything," he said.

"At the end I had a very clear conscience and this is a pretty important thing to help you sleep.

"[Rossi was] making people believe things that are not true and that no other rider has expected him to say.

"Many people have believed him and I respect that, but in the end I continue, as always, for me but as I said I do not like this situation.

"Valentino is a legendary rider of this championship today, but in the end you have to look at him, always thinking of others and where you are.

"We are in a great year for the championship, some riders are older and others younger.

"We all enjoy motorcycling, and we must try to turn the page, although it will be hard to forget."
The bold bits is what I believed too, I mean, how naive can Marquez possibly be to even try and guard Lorenzo when he knows the whole MotoGP fraternity is watching his every move and will pounce on him the second they find something fishy?
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 17:06   #891
Senior - BHPian

Here's Casey Stoner's opinion on whether Marquez could have "easily" overtaken Lorenzo at Valencia.

The 2015 MotoGP Thread-cs27.jpg
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 20:58   #892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
Rossi supporters after Sepang: " Marquez, you are a moron. You should not get involved with someone who's fighting for the title. You ruined Rossi's chances, you are a sore loser, you're this, you're that and blah blah blah!"

Rossi supporters after Valencia: "Marquez, you are a moron. Why didn't you beat Lorenzo? Why didn't you overtake him? So what if he's a championship contender? Why didn't you win it for Rossi? Why why why? You are a sore loser, you're this, you're that and blah blah blah."
Yeah tired of the stuff about Rossi. That's why I stopped following this thread even.

If Marquez races, it's wrong. If he doesn't race, it is wrong. Hehe, wonder what the poor kid should do - perhaps run an online poll and see the outcome before he starts racing.

All in all, a good championship - the last few races did leave a bad taste in the mouth though. And no, the final race was Lorenzo's - all conspiracy theorists and Marquez haters can say otherwise till they are red in the face - but that was that.

Hopefully the big guy will retire soon - at least that will take away most of his fans - they can relive the nostalgic old days of glory and feel nice and comfy. And leave us poor souls to just enjoy the racing.

AII.

Last edited by naveenroy : 11th November 2015 at 20:59.
naveenroy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 23:31   #893
BHPian

At the end of fantastic season I feel there was only one winner and that was YAMAHA

The way 2014 season unfolded there was a big question if Yamaha or Ducati can match the pace of Honda's and I am glad not only both Yamaha & Ducati improved but Yamaha riders ended the season as top 2 riders

As far as the rider's championship go I feel anyone who rides in Motogp race is a great rider from 1st all the way till

As far as drama around VR46, JL99 & MM93 is concerned I feel "Man never creates situation but he is judged for how he reacts to it"

Let's hope 2016 season is all about racing and not about settling scores
Old 13th November 2015, 08:29   #894
BHPian

This is just a bit too far fetched.
Rossi drops Marquez merchandise
http://newslines.org/marc-marquez/#11122015
Old 13th November 2015, 20:22   #895
Senior - BHPian

The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
This is just a bit too far fetched.
Rossi drops Marquez merchandise
http://newslines.org/marc-marquez/#11122015

The link leads to this-
The 2015 MotoGP Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447426307.951675.jpg
Can somebody share the contents of it?

Last edited by shyn : 13th November 2015 at 20:27.
Old 13th November 2015, 21:13   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Can somebody share the contents of it?
From the same link. Not sure why it didn't open for you.

Quote:
According to Italian website, Corriere della Sera, Rossi has decided to end his business ties with Marquez. Beginning next year, the VR46 Store, will no longer manage Marquez’s MM93 merchandise. The Tavullian company owned by Rossi manages the merchandise of 20 riders and hails an annual turnover of 12.5 million euros. Next year, another company will be dealing with the sale of t-shirts, caps and other novelty MM93 products.
This doesn't seem to end anytime soon. Came across this. It is indeed quite shallow on Honda's part.
Added_flavor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 21:35   #897
BHPian

Hahahaha! had a big laugh over this thread.

Now that the season is over and cooler heads prevail, just shows that all that glitters aint gold.

Karma never forgets neither forgives!

Last edited by JayKis : 28th December 2015 at 21:40.
JayKis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 22:08   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
Hahahaha! had a big laugh over this thread.

Now that the season is over and cooler heads prevail, just shows that all that glitters aint gold.

Karma never forgets neither forgives!
Things were said, a lot of things were said on the thread and many got rap on the knuckles courtesy the admins but a truly epic season of racing. Personally i am just happy that the guy i voted for in the poll won the championship .

Just realized 2016 thread is up already, head over their fanboys http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-m...gp-thread.html
Mashblue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 20:06   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashblue View Post
Things were said, a lot of things were said on the thread and many got rap on the knuckles courtesy the admins but a truly epic season of racing. Personally i am just happy that the guy i voted for in the poll won the championship .

Just realized 2016 thread is up already, head over their fanboys http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-m...gp-thread.html
My bet was on Lorenzo too especially with the full seamless gear box from Yamaha this year. Truly Epic season of racing in all respects -on track as well as off track!

Dani Pedrosa did great in another of his season marred by injuries. The arm pump surgery seemed successful and the fight in Aragon was probably the best bit of clean racing this year. Hope the Michelins can give him a long awaited championship.

Marc Marquez did probably learn that motogp is slightly different from other classes and there are probably races which you cant win and overriding a motogp bike has its perils.

For a racer in his twilight years, the resurgence of Rossi was interesting and the perfect storm conjured up him on the pedestal till Sepang. The season did bust many of the myths propagated in his name by the Fanboys here thou! (Evil Laugh)

Honorary mentions to Andrea Dovizio for his triple podiums at the start of the year and Andrei Iannone for his performances towards the end of the year. That double pass at Philip Island was epic.

Jorge Lorenzo was truly fast as he claimed. From a nut case in the 250s to the triple champion this year, it is interesting to see how he is matured. The last race was probably the best riding under pressure I have ever seen. To be harrowed for a full race distance and not wilt under pressure takes enormous belief.

The 2015 MotoGP Thread-jorgelorenzo2015motogpworldchampion01.jpg

This picture rightfully belongs to this thread and covers the season aptly.

The 2015 MotoGP Thread-sl1000.jpg

Last edited by JayKis : 29th December 2015 at 20:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks