Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2015, 02:44   #796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Here is a report on a ride that some of us went on in Bangalore to support Rossi. Decent turnout and good support for the doctor.

http://www.drivespark.com/off-beat/b...si-012312.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
The link doesn't work, I figured out the link as below.

http://www.drivespark.com/off-beat/b...si-012312.html

When will these 'journalist' start reporting facts and not their opinions! This is getting frustrating.
Excerpt from the above link-
"The Italian was penalised for kicking Marquez (which Rossi fans claim did not happen), which made him lose control of the motorcycle and crash."
Rossi was NOT penalised for 'kicking' Marquez but for forcing him wide! These fools think they know better than the Race Direction sitting at home on their couches.
One would expect them to atleast take some time out and do a little research before publishing, specially when they are doing a piece on a rally to support Rossi.
Pathetic.
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 06:51   #797
BHPian

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

This is getting murkier.

Italian journalists go to Marquez's home for meting out insults and get roughed up.

Dorna cancels Thursday press conference and instead has an all riders meeting in closed doors.

Now, Lorenzo requests for participation in Rossi's appeal and his lawyers submit a list of precedents to CAS to indicate that starting at the back of the grid is a normal penalty. CAS rejected the request to participate but accepted the documents which will now be part of the case records. The examples cited include penalties given for Barbera, Simoncelli, Bautista and Lorenzo himself for similar incidents in past.

http://deportes.elpais.com/deportes/...83_879447.html

While it may seem like unsporting act by Lorenzo, neither Marquez nor Rossi were shining examples of sportsmanship either in the past few weeks. My opinion is that Rossi may not get the stay considering that Race Direction and FIM both upheld the penalty. If Rossi wins the stay, it would damage the credibility of race direction and FIM's decision making process and that would be a big set back to the sport.

It feels that I'm watching a Balaji telefilms serial rather than the build up to the most anticipated season finale motogp race in the past 2 decades!

Other sources: twitter feed of @motomatters.

Last edited by badri : 4th November 2015 at 07:20.
Old 4th November 2015, 07:24   #798
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
This is getting murkier.

Jorge Lorenzo requested for participation in Rossi's appeal and his lawyers submitted list of precedents to CAS to indicate that starting at the back of the grid is a normal penalty. CAS rejected the request to participate but accepted the documents which will now be part of the case records. The examples cited include penalties given for Barbera, Simoncelli, Bautista and Lorenzo himself for similar incidents in past.
This is way too paranoid. Jorge can win the championship, OK, but he will never be champion. Not after this.
mayankk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 09:38   #799
Team-BHP Support

What is Lorenzo trying to achieve? I know he is faster than Rossi, but Rossi is so much in his head that he is looking at ways to win the championship by other means and not on the track. No other rider is bothred, Lorenzo wasn't harmed/disturbed in any way, then why this Kolaveri?

Marquez & Rossi both were at fault in the incident. What Rossi did, wasn't ethical but the way Marquez was trying to settle scores wasn't reeking of sportsman ship either.

I just hope the ontrack shenanigans [if attempted] won't cause an injury to anyone.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 11:09   #800
Senior - BHPian

Well, looks like Lorenzo won't be joining the hearing after all.

Quote:
Jorge Lorenzo has been told he cannot take part in MotoGP championship leader Valentino Rossi's Court of Arbitration for Sport hearing into a grid penalty imposed for the season's final race.
Source: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/motorsport/34717020
Old 4th November 2015, 11:46   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Well, looks like Lorenzo won't be joining the hearing after all.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/motorsport/34717020
Whether he joins the CAS hearing or not, I feel he's doing irreparable damage to his overall reputation and his standing as a world champion.

This whole incident is not something that will be forgotten in a hurry, and Lorenzo's frankly inexplicable,spiteful attitude will always find a hateful mention, especially when he is not even involved in the entire episode.

Can't Movistar Yamaha just ask him to stay put and focus on his race rather than these antics? Dude badly needs a better PR guy/publicist, more desperately than a man dying of thirst needs water.

Last edited by Parth46 : 4th November 2015 at 11:48.
Parth46 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 12:29   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
When will these 'journalist' start reporting facts and not their opinions! This is getting frustrating.
Excerpt from the above link-
"The Italian was penalised for kicking Marquez (which Rossi fans claim did not happen), which made him lose control of the motorcycle and crash."
Rossi was NOT penalised for 'kicking' Marquez but for forcing him wide! These fools think they know better than the Race Direction sitting at home on their couches.
One would expect them to atleast take some time out and do a little research before publishing, specially when they are doing a piece on a rally to support Rossi.
Pathetic.
Haha, I know the guy who wrote the piece is a fan of MM. He only agreed to cover this event cause I know him personally and also mentioned very frankly that he would not otherwise.

I expected him to write something like this but am happy that we at least get coverage for what we are trying to do. He was even decent enough to be the lone MM supporter for the video, lol
Old 4th November 2015, 14:40   #803
Senior - BHPian

Lorenzo had a chance to keep away from the controversy, just mind his own business at the next race and let his riding do the talking at Valencia. He is the faster rider in normal conditions. If he won the championship he would've been hailed for leading Rossi towards self-destruction in the heat of the battle. But instead, he is coming off looking worse than Marquez and Rossi and is showing every sign of weakness. I wonder what is Yamaha's view on Lorenzo trying to join the appeal - against his own team-mate and fellow factory Yamaha rider, for an incident that he was not a party to.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 07:37   #804
Senior - BHPian

Here's how the favourites have fared at Valencia.

Rossi's last win here came 11 years ago. Not to mention he also lost a championship here.

The 2015 MotoGP Thread-mgp.jpg

But yes, these numbers mean nada. Rossi will be a man on a mission and this is best opportunity for La Decima. Lorenzo and Rossi will both be people with nothing to lose and everything to gain. Should make for one intriguing race.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 15:43   #805
Senior - BHPian

Got this from Twitter.

Looks like we'll know what happens to Rossi's penalty soon and before the race.

Quote:
"The CAS expects to issue its decision on the request for a stay filed by Valentino Rossi in the afternoon of 5 November 2015."
Old 5th November 2015, 18:55   #806
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Rossi will start at the back of the grid at Valencia after all.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/1...y-rossi/188894

Quote:
The CAS dismisses request by Valentino Rossi for stay of execution of FIM Stewards’ decision.
On 4 November 2015, a preliminary hearing was held at the headquarters of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne in the matter Valentino Rossi v. the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme. The FIM was represented by its Legal Director, Mr Richard Perret.

Following the hearing, the CAS issued an Order dismissing the application for a stay filed by Mr Rossi concerning the decision rendered on 25 October 2015 by the FIM Stewards (see Order attached).

The CAS ruling on the request for stay of execution does not prejudge the final award on the merits of the case.

In appealing to the CAS against the decision of the FIM Stewards, Mr Rossi seeks annulment or modification of the FIM Stewards’ decision taken at the Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix in Sepang, in which the FIM Stewards confirmed the 3 penalty points awarded by the Race Direction to Mr Rossi following an incident on Turn 14.

The FIM takes note of the ruling of the CAS.

As a consequence of this ruling, at the Gran Premi de la Comunitat Valenciana, last race of the FIM World Championship Grand Prix, Mr Rossi will start from the last position on the Grid.
Looks like Lorenzo has fallen out of favour of an Italian sponsor due to his meddling with the Rossi-Marquez incident. Brought it on himself IMO.

http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/new...rossi-fallout/
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 21:36   #807
BHPian

JLo apologizes for his thumbs down gesture on the podium at Sepang directed at his teammate.

Source: autosport.com

Last edited by five46 : 5th November 2015 at 21:39.
Old 5th November 2015, 22:22   #808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
JLo apologizes for his thumbs down gesture on the podium at Sepang directed at his teammate.

Source: autosport.com
Well, he can afford to be magnanimous now that the penalty has been upheld.
He must be wishing now though that he should have kept shut. Lost plenty of respect, even if forced. AND a sponsor!
Old 5th November 2015, 22:46   #809
Senior - BHPian

Seeing Pedrosa's previous records at Valencia, I think (and hope) it would be safe to assume he will win the race. Now if only Marquez can finish second, then that would give Rossi a real good chance of winning the championship still. All he has to do is finish 6th or better if Lorenzo finishes 3rd.
Forza Vale.
Old 6th November 2015, 01:01   #810
BHPian

Wanted to put down some of my thoughts down.

I hope to see most of the riders at the back let Rossi pass them without hindering him, which they should. It'll be a shame to end this season without it being a nail biter. I know Rossi's team is burning the midnight oil to get him the best setup possible on that Yamaha. I can't wait.

As for MM, I lost a lot of respect for him after his stunts with Rossi. Whatever was said outside the track, on the track, race cleanly with respect, in his case especially, since he's out of the championship. Not a die hard Rossi fan but, he earned a lot of my admiration this year with his racing, at this age and in his waning years.

Lorenzo, admire his smooth riding style, never much cared for him otherwise.

I much prefer Pedrossa's style of racing, always clean, relentless and incredibly fast and always, always with respect to other riders and the situation on the track. I just love that kind of racing style.

Make no mistake, MM has some incredible riding skills, but is impetous (age???) and seemingly disrespectful. After the last race though, I find it difficult to like him without him growing up a lot, no matter whether he's the best out there or not.

Being a Ducatti guy, never thought Dovisiozo would amount to much on a Duc, and I think he has proved me right. Passing someone on the straightaway on a more powerful bike is not a great feat. Show me how you use all that power on the corners. However, Iannoni, now he has surprised me and I like him. He has shown real guts on a fabulous machine. Just need to progress to the next level to use up all of the capabilites of that Duc. I think he has got a pretty good future ahead of him.

Just my thoughts, that's all. Welcome to ignore.
VLOCT is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks