Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2015, 14:34   #661
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

That was little too much from Vale, looked deliberate.
The 2015 MotoGP Thread-screen-shot-20151025-10.03.27-am.png
Old 25th October 2015, 14:35   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Thanks. I try. Really had to, in this case.

Quoting, and adding, for 101 level, apparently:

Marquez was clearly leaned over and looking in the direction of the turn (where Rossi was) while rossi was stood up and looking the other way(at where Marc was) . Marq tried to turn in and there was a yamaha clearly not going the same direction and contact was inevitable.

This,above, will be discounted as an incident. I'm not saying this. This is what the stewards will say. Do take a look at history, if you can.

However, there looked to be more, at first sight. Will just wait for the decision.

Edit : fair decision from the stewards.
Great harp . I bet you know all this from your extensive experience as a race steward.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 14:41   #663
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post

Great harp . I bet you know all this from your extensive experience as a race steward.
I'm sorry, am I missing something here? When half the post quoted is yours?
I'm just quoting based on previous incidents in many seasons. You meantime, seem to want nothing less than a firing squad for Rossi, and his fans. Even when they agree with you.
Do carry on.
I'm sure mm will not need Rossi to fall next time.
Oh wait,......

Last edited by mayankk : 25th October 2015 at 14:43.
Old 25th October 2015, 14:48   #664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Boss, if you can't be bothered to read what is written, don't harp on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
Let's try and not get personal guys.

The "SepangClash" as it is now called has completely taken the spotlight away from a completely dominant performance by Pedrosa this weekend. Blistering qualifying lap coupled with leading the race from start to finish.

So, Rossi will start from the back of the grid. Hope this moment of madness doesn't overshadow his performance this season and end up being the primary reason for him not getting his 10th world title if Lorenzo does win. I hope to see a good battle between them and the best man winning the world title at Valencia. It'll be the best way to finish such a terrific season.
Old 25th October 2015, 14:50   #665
Senior - BHPian

The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Let's look at the possibilities for Valencia now.
Starting from the back of the grid, the best place I think Rossi can finish is fourth. So that would mean even if Lorenzo finishes second, he will be the new champion inspite of being tied on points but having more wins. But Rossi's chances go significantly higher if Lorenzo finishes third or lower. But seeing the Lorenzo-Marquez alliance, I wouldn't be surprised if Marquez gives up a spot again for Lorenzo.
Here's the scoring system chart to better help with the calculations. Rossi has a 7 point lead as of now.
The 2015 MotoGP Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445764773.117966.jpg

Last edited by shyn : 25th October 2015 at 14:53.
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 14:50   #666
BHPian

Annyhow.

Wow, not the kind of ending motogp or us fans deserve. Rossi simply threw the championship away. I am deeply saddened that this wont go down to the wire. All the anxiety and suspense busted in a bout of stupidity. Silly season has already started.

Last edited by nitro.1000bhp : 25th October 2015 at 14:52.
Old 25th October 2015, 14:53   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
This just in:
Valentino Rossi will be forced to start from the back of the grid in the MotoGP season finale at Valencia in two weeks' time for his clash with Marc Marquez at Sepang, but will keep his points for finishing third.

http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/new...nts-for-third/
That's a damn,damn, damn shame! Sad the bad blood had to spill over like this!

MM got what he wanted - to be the one that uselessly and unnecessarily decides who wins the title if he can't do it himself.

Sad his hotheadedness had to ultimately sour one of the best seasons in recent times.

#FORZAVALE!

EDIT : : Whether he wins his tenth title or not, the guy will irrefutably and unequivocally go down in history as the GREATEST OF ALL TIME, with the acceptance or rejection by anyone of the said notion being immaterial.

Lorenzo happy to play holier than thou and shooting off his mouth by saying Rossi's penalty is not severe enough : http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/new...-open-lorenzo/

Last edited by Parth46 : 25th October 2015 at 15:14.
Parth46 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 15:21   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
EDIT : : Whether he wins his tenth title or not, the guy will irrefutably and unequivocally go down in history as one of the GREATEST OF ALL TIME, with the acceptance or rejection by anyone of the said notion being immaterial
You probably missed out the part in bold. Added it, so people will understand that you aren't putting Rossi above Giacomo Agostini.

Lorenzo is surprisingly vocal about the punishment Rossi should supposedly get. Given that they belong to the same time, you'd expect him to be at least a tad diplomatic. Or perhaps this teammate thing isn't as strong in MotoGP as it is in F1? Ah yes, the joke that Lorenzo and Marquez act like teammates is already getting old. Try something new.
Old 25th October 2015, 15:29   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
You probably missed out the part in bold. Added it, so people will understand that you aren't putting Rossi above Giacomo Agostini.

Lorenzo is surprisingly vocal about the punishment Rossi should supposedly get. Given that they belong to the same time, you'd expect him to be at least a tad diplomatic. Or perhaps this teammate thing isn't as strong in MotoGP as it is in F1? Ah yes, the joke that Lorenzo and Marquez act like teammates is already getting old. Try something new.
Please add your insights in a separate post, rather than editing/tweaking my quoted part.

Also, you probably missed reading that last line in full, and edited my post in haste. THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME means I'm putting him over any and everyone that has ever raced motorcycles. Go figure.

Hope that's clear enough and you won't need to edit my post again to make it more meaningful. Thanks for trying though.
Old 25th October 2015, 15:38   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please add your insights in a separate post, rather than editing/tweaking my quoted part.

Also, you probably missed reading that last line in full, and edited my post in haste. THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME means I'm putting him over any and everyone that has ever raced motorcycles. Go figure.

Hope that's clear enough and you won't need to edit my post again to make it more meaningful. Thanks for trying though.
Humble apologies, dear sir. I should've learnt from history.

Quote:
Rossi: “He just rides to cause me problems”.
It is really sad to see two of the greatest MotoGP riders of all time going hammer and tongs at each other and the more experienced veteran making all the wrong moves on and off the track.

Safe to say, that if Marquez ever had Rossi's poster up on his wall, it's going to come down in a hurry. The repercussions of this flashpoint will be all the more cumbersome for Rossi should he have to overtake Marquez to win the title at Valencia.
Old 25th October 2015, 15:48   #671
BHPian

May the best man win this championship by virtue of his sheer speed on the track. Not because of his experience or stats nor by his cunning nor his ruthlessness and nor him being a psychic.
Old 25th October 2015, 15:54   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lorenzo happy to play holier than thou and shooting off his mouth by saying Rossi's penalty is not severe enough : http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/new...-open-lorenzo/
Lorenzo's comments are not helping him lose the cry-baby image at all! If anything, they are further adding to the list.

I think that this is his (actually also Rossi's) last chance at winning the championship before the Marquez Era begins for good next year and hence all the desperation. But the new ECUs and other regulations might even out the field for everybody. Only time will tell.

PS: This is just my stupid little opinion so please don't bite my head off.

Last edited by shyn : 25th October 2015 at 15:54. Reason: typo
Old 25th October 2015, 15:56   #673
Team-BHP Support

There are two kinds of supporters of Rossi, fans & leg humpers [the one who can't call, a spade a spade and watch races wearing yellow colored sunglasses]

Today's incident is the first incident which the world watched and his competitors spoke of, in the past.

Lets have a season over-view

# Qatar - Rossi 1st, Lorenzo 4th
# Red Bull, American GP - Rossi 3rd, Lorenzo 4th. MM - winner
# Argentina - Rossi 1st, Lorenzo - 4th
# Jerez - Lorenzo 1st, Rossi 3rd.
# Le Mans - Lorenzo 1st, Rossi 2nd
# Mugello - Lorenzo 1st, Rossi 3rd
# Catalunya - Lorenzo 1st, Rossi 2nd
# Assen - Rossi 1st, Lorenzo 3rd
# Sacshenring - Rossi 3rd, Lorenzo 4th
# Indianpolis - Lorenzo 2nd, Rossi 3rd.
# Brno - Lorenzo 1st, Rossi 3rd
# Silverstone - Rossi 1st, Lorenzo 4th [Helmet issues]
# Misano - Rossi 5th, Lorenzo - DNF
# Aragon - Lorenzo 1st, Rossi 3rd.
# Motegi - Rossi 2nd, Lorenzo 3rd.
# Philip Island - Lorenzo 2nd, Rossi 4th
# Sepang - Lorenzo 2nd, Rossi 3rd

Lorenzo, despite a DNF and visor/breathing deflector issue, has 6 race wins compared to Rossi. So, who is fast? Need I put the results of past 5 year championships?

IMHO, Rossi's era ended a decade ago. I was still a fan, stuck with him in Ducati days, felt he could create a magic, he didn't, was disappointed but never deserted him.

Felt pained when Lorenzo was paid higher than Rossi, Rossi deserted Yamaha only to come back with tails between his legs as he couldn't win on anything else. Tables turned, Lorenzo was calling the shots now.

Rossi couldn't win on a Ducati, Honda didn't offer a ride and there was nothing besides Yamaha where he had to find home, despite Yamaha not really welcoming him and reprimanding him by paying lower than Lorenzo.

He was never the greatest, he never will be. One of the greats, yes. Just that I was a big fan of him till the beginning of this race but not anymore. I still can't believe he can stoop so low.

Marquez has gotten inside his head. Rossi voodoo worked on Gibernau, won't work now. And if he doesn't win this year's title, he won't win any WC any longer. Others are too fast for him now.

Ask Rossi to win an Isle of Man. Then will believe that he is the greatest. No, others are not greatest, at least now. No need to jump the gun.

Last edited by Sheel : 25th October 2015 at 16:00.
Sheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 16:36   #674
Team-BHP Support

Lines modified to slow MM and make him crash

http://twitter.com/valenchibarossi/s...665093/photo/1
Old 25th October 2015, 16:57   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Just that I was a big fan of him till the beginning of this race but not anymore. I still can't believe he can stoop so low.
I have the exact same feeling after the race. I was prepared to let it pass as a racing incident. But when I saw the overhead replay that seemed to be Rossi kicking Marquez and causing him to crash, it made me stop admiring him. Regardless of all his talent and all his laurels, that was below the belt. And it killed the place I had for Rossi.

I remember someone stating that Rossi had made his home inside Marquez's head and that Rossi would need to help Marc sort his head out.

Looks like Rossi was the one who needed someone to help sort out his head and remove Marquez from it as well, today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Lines modified to slow MM and make him crash

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=J7vdDEKmzlo

Video has been taken down thanks to Dorna claiming copyright violation, I hate Dorna for this. The only way you can ever see all the angles of the incident at one place is if you pay for their VideoPass. I understand if full races are to be paid for, but for replays that barely last a few minutes!

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 25th October 2015 at 17:00.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks