Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2015, 13:55   #646
BHPian

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Why did Lorenzo just walk away from the podium without spraying any champagne?! Is that him showing his protest?

Attachment 1430787
I guess it has to do with the booing by all the so called motogp fans. It's a good move indeed!
Old 25th October 2015, 13:57   #647
BHPian

Rossi Vs Marq battle was epic, but I do not think they would have gone till the end racing like that. It was bound to happen. Some perspective from this vine.
https://vine.co/v/eV9mEpHLKVj

Last edited by arun_kun : 25th October 2015 at 13:59.
arun_kun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 13:58   #648
NGM
BHPian

I think Lorenzo walked away because it seems he was booed by the crowd .
Also he is pressurizing a strong action.
I can't wait for Valencia
Old 25th October 2015, 14:02   #649
Senior - BHPian

The 2015 MotoGP Thread

But don't you guys think Lorenzo and Marquez teaming up to hold Rossi back is a little too unsporting too? First in Australia and then here in Sepang. Can't just turn a blind eye to that. Afterall, that's what pushed Rossi off the edge. Or do you people think 93 and 99 are not sleeping in the same bed at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Good that everyone's jumping on the chance to pour on the hate, but did no-one see how Marc just let Lorenzo cruise past him and then stuck back with the 1:1 dogfight with Rossi?

Marc's actions clearly do not clear him from any wrong-doing, unnecessarily trying to interfere in the championship fight. He has full right to fight with Rossi on the track, but why let another rider go past just to get that chance?
Completely agree with you on that one. Like i said earlier, "And it has to be said that Lorenzo's overtake on Marquez was a little too simple. Marc conveniently went wide and it just so happens when Lorenzo is coming. Looked a little sketchy to me. And then with Rossi on his tail, he doesn't miss the line even once and holds him back while Lorenzo builds a comfortable lead. Just saying."

Last edited by shyn : 25th October 2015 at 14:06.
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 14:02   #650
BHPian

Good that everyone's jumping on the chance to pour on the hate, but did no-one see how Marc just let Lorenzo cruise past him and then stuck back with the 1:1 dogfight with Rossi?

Marc's actions clearly do not clear him from any wrong-doing, unnecessarily trying to interfere in the championship fight. He has full right to fight with Rossi on the track, but why let another rider go past just to get that chance?
Old 25th October 2015, 14:09   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
No need for that. Even us Rossi fans are calling him out. As for what you depicted as the scenario, if that is true, then it's an incident only. I just hope that's what it is, just testosterone and anger.
But like I said, looked a bit crooked, wonder if the line was crossed.
Seriously? Just an incident? Is it an incident when you are clearly looking at whom you are going to hit a couple of seconds ago and do nothing to avoid it?
Old 25th October 2015, 14:13   #652
NGM
BHPian

Agree that Lorenzo's pass on Marc was easy.At the same time we should not forget Marc brilliant last lap at Australia to take top spot from Jorge.
Old 25th October 2015, 14:15   #653
BHPian

Quote:

Agree with you that Marc was fighting way too aggressively with Rossi. Considering that Rossi is one of the title contenders, I think it's a bit over board. Also, if you remember Marc's words before PI, he mentioned that he will try to overtake only if there is a clear chance. i.e he will not try to jeopardize title contenders. He broke that rule here by a large margin. I think that part of the aggression could be due to Rossi's outburst on Thursday.

That said, Rossi should have expected this and be prepared to keep his cool incase anything like this happens. Kicking a rider on race track is definitely a no-no
Old 25th October 2015, 14:16   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post

Seriously? Just an incident? Is it an incident when you are clearly looking at whom you are going to hit a couple of seconds ago and do nothing to avoid it?
Boss, if you can't be bothered to read what is written, don't harp on. Just to make it clearer for you, what you described, sounded like an incident. But I agree as a fan of Rossi that it looked like a bit more. From Rossi.
Is that clear enough?
Old 25th October 2015, 14:17   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
Rossi Vs Marq battle was epic, but I do not think they would have gone till the end racing like that. It was bound to happen. Some perspective from this vine.
https://vine.co/v/eV9mEpHLKVj
If you see in the above vine, it does not appear to be kick. Marq made contact first and he was leaning on Rossi's knee for the second time and it seem to instant reaction from Rossi( i know .. I know. I am not being much reasonable) . Even if it is a mistake from Rossi I hope he does not get DQ . Hope for the best.
Old 25th October 2015, 14:19   #656
BHPian

Quote:

Lorenzo was simply that much faster than either of them right from the off. Remember the double overtake on the ducs in the first lap?. and jl scored fastest lap on lap 2 which was almost a sec faster than Rossi or marq. Neither had the pace to keep up with jl in the beginning. May be their tyres hadn't warmed up? I dont know.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 14:23   #657
BHPian

Looks like Rossi is given 3 penalty points and will start from back of grid at Valencia.. yet to be officially confirmed.

David Emmett Retweeted
Julian Ryder ‏@MotoGPJules 4m4 minutes ago
We hear that Rossi given 3 points on licensed and will start from the back of the grid at Valencia
Old 25th October 2015, 14:25   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Boss, if you can't be bothered to read what is written, don't harp on. Just to make it clearer for you, what you described, sounded like an incident. But I agree as a fan of Rossi that it looked like a bit more. From Rossi.
Is that clear enough?
How kind of you to be so polite. And I read what both of us posted and still cant figure how you deduced that to be an incident.
Old 25th October 2015, 14:29   #659
Senior - BHPian

The 2015 MotoGP Thread

This just in:
Valentino Rossi will be forced to start from the back of the grid in the MotoGP season finale at Valencia in two weeks' time for his clash with Marc Marquez at Sepang, but will keep his points for finishing third.

After a dogfight with Marquez for third place that spanned several laps, Rossi lunged at the Spaniard into Turn 14, braking hard and edging Marquez to the side of the track.

As the pair made contact, Marquez fell, dropping out of the race, while Rossi went on to complete the scheduled distance in third place.

However, after reviewing the clash, the MotoGP stewards allowed Rossi to keep his points for finishing third, ruling only that the Italian must start from the back at Valencia. He also gets three penalty points on his licence.

It is understood Honda will appeal the decision.

The incident came in the aftermath of a feud emerging between the duo during the Sepang pre-race proceedings as Rossi accused Marquez of deliberately helping the Italian's title rival Jorge Lorenzo at Phillip Island.

With Lorenzo finishing second to Dani Pedrosa at Sepang, Rossi's championship lead was cut to seven points, meaning he would clinch the title with a second place finish at Valencia.
http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/rossi-to-start-from-back-at-valencia-keeps-points-for-third/

Last edited by shyn : 25th October 2015 at 14:30.
Old 25th October 2015, 14:31   #660
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post

How kind of you to be so polite. And I read what both of us posted and still cant figure how you deduced that to be an incident.
Thanks. I try. Really had to, in this case.

Quoting, and adding, for 101 level, apparently:

Marquez was clearly leaned over and looking in the direction of the turn (where Rossi was) while rossi was stood up and looking the other way(at where Marc was) . Marq tried to turn in and there was a yamaha clearly not going the same direction and contact was inevitable.

This,above, will be discounted as an incident. I'm not saying this. This is what the stewards will say. Do take a look at history, if you can.

However, there looked to be more, at first sight. Will just wait for the decision.

Edit : fair decision from the stewards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks