Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2015, 14:09   #706
BHPian

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

My 2 cents, am a fanboy to say the least, for more than a decade, to simply see where it has all come to, is heartbreaking to say the least, its not everyday you see the great man, moaning and complaining, as we, as a fanboy pack used to gloriously celebrate, when Rossi used to terminate careers.

But lets face it, the great man, has unlearned and relearned the craft many a times to keep up with the younger lot, its all a part of evolution, as anybody who has done any bit of racing, I have done a bit, it is inevitable for you to fig out when your time is up, but full credits to the legend for keeping it going for so long and figuring out a way to be at the top.

But emotions aside, his pace in my view is consistently slower than Lorenzo and MM on many races, but he has managed to stick together to come this far, and the younger lot don't take too kindly when a old guy is about to take the crown from them, and they are reacting exactly as you would see on real world, Marquez was being a plain D@#$, but he fig he is got every right to be on a racing field as Rossi was no less many a times during his heyday, but given the title fight they are having, it was way to sad to see the way Marquez ride, if this is what the future of MotoGP is going to be, then am out riding than sitting in front of a TV watch these two young guns race, in fact, I got back from a 200KM ride in very bad health to watch this race, it was pissing off to say the least.....
Khodays is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 15:07   #707
BHPian

BREAKING : Rossi unsure if he will race in Valencia MotoGP decider

Valentino Rossi has admitted he is unsure if he will choose to participate in the MotoGP title decider at Valencia in two weeks’ time in the wake of his clash with Marc Marquez at Sepang.

http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/new...otogp-decider/

"Marquez is a bad loser"

Elaborating on his comments that Marquez got what he wanted by effectively deciding the title in favour of Lorenzo, Rossi claimed he had received confirmation from the Honda rider’s manager Emilio Alzamora that this was exactly the case.

“As I said on Thursday, this is for what happened between us at Argentina and Assen,” said Rossi.

“I had confirmation from Alzamora; he told me that Marc thinks I made him lose the championship.

“He is surely a bad loser.”

Last edited by Parth46 : 26th October 2015 at 15:10.
Parth46 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 15:58   #708
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
BREAKING : Rossi unsure if he will race in Valencia MotoGP decider
-SNIP-
“He is surely a bad loser.”
Not going to happen. He's going to be there, resolute or otherwise.
And if he is there, I sure as heck am going to grab a lot of Popcorn and drinks, cos this will be explosive!!

At one point, it will be clear whether racing is pointless, or if there is a chance. In either case, it'll be killer!
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 16:41   #709
BHPian

I think not much is being said about a couple of important things -
1. Marc Marquez was at the 2nd position at one point in the race (behind Pedrosa); I felt he deliberately let Lorenzo pass him way too easily (almost as if he wanted to pick up a fight with Rossi).
2. The way the track fight with Marc and Rossi was going on, both of them would have gone down - that would have instantly ended Rossi's chances. Was that aggressiveness from Marc intentional?

I do think Rossi 'feather-kicked' Marc though. I still however need to see the helicopter angle that Rossi is talking about.
nishsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 16:57   #710
BHPian

Was a fan of Rossi till yesterday... but not any more. Everybody claims Marc let Lorenzo pass very easily. But what nobody seem to talk about is how Lorenzo swept past that Rossi as if he was not even there and he did not offer any fight, then why cry about Marc, he is not even the title contender. If he was as fast as he claimed to be then he could have beaten Marc on the track rather than do a Michael Schumacher. If Marc wanted Lorenzo to win the championship then why would he beat him in the last lap in Aus. to take away precious points. Marc is fast and aggressive, but if you do not want to take him on and win, then it is better to be flipping burgers/pizzas rather than racing. Loser.
AJITHAAA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 17:13   #711
BHPian

from crash.net
please go through the link. Randy Mamola has some insights about the clash.
http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/224...lap-times.html

Sepang: Rossi vs. Marquez - Timeline:

• Grid: Pedrosa 1st, Marquez 2nd, Rossi 3rd, Lorenzo 4th.

• Lap 1: Pedrosa, Marquez and Rossi hold their positons, while Lorenzo recovers to fourth after losing ground in opening turns.

• Lap 2: Lorenzo passes Rossi for third place at Turn 1.
Jorge Lorenzo 2m 0.606s
Dani Pedrosa 2m 0.795s
Marc Marquez 2m 0.818s
Valentino Rossi 2m 1.268s

• Lap 3: Marquez makes a mistake under braking, causing him to run wide and over the kerb on the exit of Turn 4. That allows Lorenzo to pass him for second place. Marquez and Rossi are now third and fourth.
Dani Pedrosa 2m 0.822s
Jorge Lorenzo 2m 0.894s
Valentino Rossi 2m 1.361s
Marc Marquez 2m 2.003s

• Lap 4: Rossi overtakes Marquez for the first time, at Turn 4.
Jorge Lorenzo 2m 0.932s
Dani Pedrosa 2m 0.972s
Valentino Rossi 2m 1.127s
Marc Marquez 2m 1.360s

• Lap 5: Marquez briefly passes Rossi into Turn 1. Marquez tries again at Turn 4. Again Rossi retaliates, but is a little wide and Marquez squeezes under Rossi on the exit of Turn 5. Rossi passes on the brakes into Turn 9 but Marquez holds on around the outside. Rossi switches to the inside at Turn 11 and gets back in front, however he almost falls - his outside leg coming off the footpeg - and Marquez gets ahead again.
Jorge Lorenzo 2m 1.174s
Dani Pedrosa 2m 1.247s
Marc Marquez 2m 2.107s
Valentino Rossi 2m 2.363s

• Lap 6: Rossi dives inside Marquez at Turn 7, forcing the Honda rider to lift his bike. Rossi then looks back and gestures at Marquez on the exit of Turn 8. Dorna TV commentator Nick Harris: “Marc Marquez is saying back to him 'you shouldn't have said all those things on Thursday night if you didn't want to scrap like this old chap!'” Marquez sweeps inside Rossi to reclaim third at Turn 14.
Jorge Lorenzo 2m 1.335s
Dani Pedrosa 2m 1.408s
Marc Marquez 2m 1.938s
Valentino Rossi 2m 1.937s

• Lap 7: Rossi makes his next move on the inside at Turn 10, holding Marquez off through Turns 11 and 12. The Honda rider then goes for the outside at the long Turn 13 right hander - Rossi sits up and looks across at Marquez twice as he slows down, while squeezing Marquez to the outside of the track. The pair tangle on the entry to the Turn 14 right-hander, leading onto the back straight, leaving Marquez on the floor.

Fastest race laps:
1. Jorge Lorenzo 2m 0.606s (lap 2)
2. Dani Pedrosa 2m 0.795s (lap 2)
3. Marc Marquez 2m 0.818s (lap 2)
4. Valentino Rossi 2m 1.127s (lap 4)

Mamola's impression was that the pace of Marquez and Rossi was not suspiciously slow:

“Even with those guys passing each other the way they were, they were doing 2m 1.9s, which is still quite a fast race pace. Would Valentino have been able to close on Jorge [without the Marquez battle]? Nobody knows.

Marquez was not slowing Rossi down deliberately but was a consequence of them racing each other and slowing each other down

Also the individual riding styles and their bike's characteristics played an important role in my opinion.

It is a well known fact that this year's Honda is poor mid-corner and at exit with a lot of wheel spin and wheelies but is strong with good top-speed at the end of the straight with better braking and entry while the Yamaha has the exact opposite traits ie. it is better mid-corner and has much better exit speed. So from the exit of the previous corner to the middle of the straight the Yam is fast but the honda is fast from the middle of the straight till the start of the next corner.

We also know Marc has a very wild riding style which has worked fairly successfully for him. He brakes at the very last moment scrubbing off a lot of speed, compromising his line and squaring off the turn and sliding out of it which results in poor mid and exit speeds , the exact thing Rossi and his M1 are very good at. Individually one bike may be faster than the other depending on the track layout or comparable if the track has a combination of corners that compliment both bikes, they may have different sector times but a similar overall lap time and Sepang is that sort of a track with no clear favorite. Put both bikes in the mix, racing each other and its a classic case of "Unstoppable force meets immovable object".

Mamola also confirms Marc running wide and letting Jl through at turn-4 was genuine as Marc did a mistake while braking and had to run wide. A corner he'd been struggling all weekend.

But look at the fastest race laps. Could Rossi really have challenged JL? Or did he just give up after the gap grew too big?

Last edited by nitro.1000bhp : 26th October 2015 at 17:19.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 17:55   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Marquez's views on the incident:
...I was just waiting because there was nothing to do in that point and then I saw that with his leg he pushed my arm and my front brake and then I lock the front wheel and I crash...
This cannot happen as there is a lever protector on a GP bike solely for this purpose.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 MotoGP Thread-gp.jpg  

surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 18:00   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
This cannot happen as there is a lever protector on a GP bike solely for this purpose.
To protect from other riders kicking?

But the bike was leaned over, when the incident occurred. So, Rossi's leg hitting the brake lever is plausible.
ecenandu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 18:04   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishsingh View Post
I think not much is being said about a couple of important things -
1. Marc Marquez was at the 2nd position at one point in the race (behind Pedrosa); I felt he deliberately let Lorenzo pass him way too easily (almost as if he wanted to pick up a fight with Rossi).
Yes, we all saw marc adjusting his rear view mirror when braking hard from 200mph to check where JL and Rossi were and therefore lost the braking marker. May be that or it was all the furious honking by JL that made Marc leave way.

Last edited by nitro.1000bhp : 26th October 2015 at 18:07.
Old 26th October 2015, 18:09   #715
BHPian

Purpose: "Accidental" brake lever application!

No way 'the leg' in riding boots can pass between the protector and fairing... the gap is too small friend!
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 18:12   #716
Team-BHP Support

I think he was falling much before the controversial leg action, check the slow motion video bit at the link.

https://twitter.com/IndigoRave/statu...99066204827648

He is already losing it at 9-10 seconds of the clip and going into Rossi, and Rossi inturn has a reflex action.

Edit: and how do you kick without looking? Look at the video, once he sees that MM is coming in, Rossi is trying to look forward and pull away. And basic physics, if you try to kick at that angle, first one to spill would be the person who kicks!

Last edited by Jaggu : 26th October 2015 at 18:31.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 18:35   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Purpose: "Accidental" brake lever application!

No way 'the leg' in riding boots can pass between the protector and fairing... the gap is too small friend!
May be, I haven't seen any Moto GP bike in person, so my assessment is solely
based on the pictures.

Why I said 'plausible' is because the bike was leaned over and hence there is a remote possibility of hitting the lever from top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I think he was falling much before the controversial leg action, check the slow motion video bit at the link.

https://twitter.com/IndigoRave/statu...99066204827648

He is already losing it at 9-10 seconds of the clip and going into Rossi, and Rossi inturn has a reflex action.

Edit: and how do you kick without looking? Look at the video, once he sees that MM is coming in, Rossi is trying to look forward and pull away. And basic physics, if you try to kick at that angle, first one to spill would be the person who kicks!
The helicopter shots are more convincing.

Last edited by ecenandu : 26th October 2015 at 18:37.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 18:58   #718
BHPian

Even race control said there was no kick and marc was deliberately slowing down rossi but all within the rules. Certain fans here are still trying to prove it was not so. It's really funny to be honest. You can clearly see the knee movement was a reflex and in no way can kick down a GP bike and rider. It's physics. There are many videos and data available
b16h22 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 19:38   #719
BHPian

Was a Big fan of Vale until the '05 Jerez race when he punted Sete for the win. That race showed what is allowed and what is not.

Rossi got what he dished out to other racers over the years. He kept on stirring the pot and finally got burnt when it splashed on his face. Riders over the years did not have the skill(Sete, Max, KR Jr) or the charisma(Stoner) hence they were at his mercy.

Unfortunately, he made an enemy of an opponent who has the skills to give back the same that was given.

PS: this from a Vale Fan who has "46" as the last 2 digits of his Mobile number and landline number and paid 8000 rupees to get 4646 as the number of his bike...

EDIT: All excitement from this championship is now gone. Was rooting for the old man to take a 10th in a swansong.

Last edited by Manoj2268 : 26th October 2015 at 19:47.
Manoj2268 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 19:39   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16h22 View Post
Even race control said there was no kick and marc was deliberately slowing down rossi but all within the rules. Certain fans here are still trying to prove it was not so. It's really funny to be honest. You can clearly see the knee movement was a reflex and in no way can kick down a GP bike and rider. It's physics. There are many videos and data available
I am curious about the data part, are you talking about the lap times? If any other data is available, could you please share them.

Coming to the physics part, it may be not possible to kick down a GP bike physically. But a nudge or shove can upset the stability of the bike and can thus, lead to a crash.

One thing is certain, that Marquez went down because they both collided. Whether it was because of the nudge between Marquez helmet and Rossi's knee or the alleged 'kick', is debatable.

After seeing the video from 'motogp.com' a number of times, I'm not able to come to definite conclusion. But I'm more inclined towards the nudge than the 'kick'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj2268 View Post
Was a Big fan of Vale until the '05 Jerez race when he punted Sete for the win. That race showed what is allowed and what is not.

Rossi got what he dished out to other racers over the years. He kept on stirring the pot and finally got burnt when it splashed on his face. Riders over the years did not have the skill(Sete, Max, KR Jr) or the charisma(Stoner) hence they were at his mercy.

Unfortunately, he made an enemy of an opponent who has the skills to give back the same that was given.

PS: this from a Vale Fan who has "46" as the last 2 digits of his Mobile number and landline number and paid 8000 rupees to get 4646 as the number of his bike...
Dude, you got it wrong there mate. This one incident will not take away all the good work he has done over the years, but ones respect for him, its subjective.

And no one will be a champion only because of the machine. See all these champions are ruthless on track, take Micheal, Senna for example.

Last edited by ecenandu : 26th October 2015 at 19:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks