Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2015, 17:31   #616
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Some numbers from the Premier Class:
Rider-Podiums(Wins-2nd-3rd)
1.Rossi-174(86-49-39)
2.Pedrosa-98(27-38-33)
3.Doohan-95(54-31-10)
4.Lorenzo-95(39-38-18)
5.Agostini-88(68-20-0)
6.Lawson-78(31-31-16)
7.Stoner-69(38-11-20)
8.Rainey-64(24-22-18)
9.Biaggi-58(13-26-19)
10.Mamola-54(13-22-19)
Source: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/1...-doohan/187774
I don't think any of those numbers will be beaten either podiums or wins. It's just too big, and the sort of longevity shown by Rossi to get there, it's freakish. Sort of like tendilya's records, these are there to stay for a long long time.

As for a century, not even Rossi can get to it, honestly believing.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 18:25   #617
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Iannone was the target of vicious online abuse when he demoted championship leader Rossi to fourth at the climax of a breathless race at Phillip Island, a result that could yet have serious implications for the 36-year old's title aspirations.

Valentino Rossi has branded the online trolls who criticised fellow-Italian Andrea Iannone after his Australian Grand Prix performance “stupid” while stating “they are not my real fans.”
Glad to hear a racer standing up for his competitor. Moreso one whose actions might have a huge impact on the championship.

Source: http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/224...f-iannone.html
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 20:11   #618
BHPian

Rossi accuses Marquez of helping Lorenzo! This is epic!

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/224...g-lorenzo.html

If one has complaints on Lorenzo's excuses, what should we say about this? I'm surprised that Rossi made these comments. While this may be part of the mind games or even to put Marc's moves in the next two races in spot light..for me this seems a bit below belt.

" The Doctor paused often to smile between each sentence, but never looked at Marquez and his words appeared carefully chosen:

“If we have another race like Phillip Island we have to speak with him, with Marquez, because during the race it was more difficult to understand, but after when I saw the race later it was very clear that he play with us very much," Rossi said.

“Because mainly I think that his target is not just to win the race, but also help Lorenzo to go far and try to take more points on me. So I think that from Phillip Island it is very clear that Jorge has a new supporter! That is Marc.

“So this changes a lot, because for sure Marc has the potential to go away alone [at the front] and maybe for sure can be another type of race.”

Rossi then leaned back from the microphone, glancing briefly at Lorenzo on his right hand side (who had been stroking his chin whilst listening to Rossi). Again Rossi did not look at Marquez, who was sat smiling on his left, and instead reached for a drink. "

Then came Marquez's turn to respond: “Of course no. Of course I did my race and in fact if I want to help Lorenzo I wouldn't pass him on the last lap, not push to the limit and not take the risk. I don't why they say [that].

“I've already said and also we saw on the data that the Honda is pushing a lot the front tyre and at that race it was the softest compound we have. I was struggling a lot doing 27 laps in a row. It's true that I tried to manage well the tyre and that in the middle of the race I tried to push and open a gap, and it was not possible.

“But you already know that my race [strategy] will never be push [flat out] from the beginning to the end in first position. I did my best. I did the best race for my team and the most important for me is that we won.

“Of course sometimes you try to manage the race, but I just will help [another rider] if it is my team-mate. If it's not my team-mate I will push for the victory. ”

Iannone supported Rossi's view though..

"Iannone agreed with Rossi that Marquez had been “playing” with the pace, although he stopped short of suggesting a reason.

“It was an incredible race for sure. I also think Marc played with us! Because after 15 laps, after corner five, going really slow and I pass him easily. But I don't know why. For sure [he] have a really good pace and if it was a strategy, I don't know.”

My question is, if it is a strategy by Marquez, what can Rossi do about it by speaking in press or even by confronting him? Nothing..

Last edited by badri : 22nd October 2015 at 20:16.
badri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 22:28   #619
Senior - BHPian

The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Another feather in the Doctor's cap!
Rossi is set to become most experienced rider in the history of the World Championships ever at Sepang where he starts his 329th GP (269th premier class start). The previous record holder was Loris Capirossi with 328 starts (217 premier class starts).
-Rossi has taken part in 328 of the 866 grand prix events staged since the start of the world championship series back in 1949. This means that he has taken part in 37.9% of all grand prix events that have taken place
-He has finished in a point scoring position a record 294 times in the 328 GP races that he has started, a rate of 89.6%.
-Rossi has won 112 times from his 328 grand prix starts - a win rate of 34.1 %.
-He has finished on the podium on 210 occasions from his 328 grand prix starts, a rate of 64%.
Just imagine how much better the numbers would have been had he not left for Ducati for two full seasons!
Source: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/1...-sepang/187771

Last edited by shyn : 22nd October 2015 at 22:30.
shyn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 22:43   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
You admit that you've not read those interviews, yet you somehow know an awful lot about the luck or lack thereof that riders have faced this year. To put things in perspective, Lorenzo's comments were not just about the Motegi race in which his tyres gave up earlier than others and thus Rossi and Dani were able to cath-up, BUT the entire 2015 season in which he has faced some weird issues like helmet foam/lining trouble, visor fogging, DNF in Misano etc as key reasons why he is trailing in the championship.

On a slightly different note, Rossi would've already had the number 10 against his name if he hadn't crashed out in the very last race in Valencia in 2006, and thus losing the title to Nicky Hayden, so I'm sure there have been folks who've faced even worse heartaches than poor old unlucky JLo, wouldn't you think?

If JLO is better than Rossi as of today, then why is he not winning every race and blaming things on bad luck? Why is MM suffering so much this year and despite flashes of brilliance, is out of the reckoning for this year's title?

It's not wrong on my part to cheer for him and not wanting anyone else to win.

Dominance- well I don't know what to say. Rossi in his prime has dominated entire seasons as spectacularly as Marquez did in 2013, but again we're discussing bygones that have no bearing on this title fight we're seeing currently. And he has done so over a bigger time-frame (5 titles back-to-back for different factories during 2001-2005), for which MM will have to start all over again as his streak of 2 back-to-back titles is now over.

Displaced GOD - really? has he? seriously?

It's not like he's the reigning world champion even, that's Marquez. He has a grand total of 2 premier class titles, compared to Rossi's 6. Make that 7 if you count 500cc as well which was the premier class of it's time.

True, he's very fast today but concluding that he's displaced Rossi is once again doing Rossi and all his longevity and experience a gross injustice.

I agree that riding styles are vastly different and Rossi's classic style might not be the best thing in today's time-trial mode, but last I checked, it's still working swimmingly for old VR, as he's been able to carve up his way up the grid and win races from as low as 8th, in this very season and that too not just once - and as of this moment is still leading the title race by virtue of being consistent, and based on your post consistency is something you value highly, so there you go.

There's nothing wrong in cheering for your favorite, heck that's what favorites are for. Let's disband all those fan clubs and cheer only for the sport, like so many virtuously claim to do.

Again, you presume too much, something I wish you wouldn't, mate.

I've been watching him and cheering for him since 1999/2000 and so far I'm happy to say that he hasn't let me down.

Ricci, a billion words wouldn't be enough to argue about whether or not Rossi is the GOAT, why is he winning/losing, will Lorenzo win this year's title, will MM be the next GOAT and a thousand other questions.

If it's Rossi, then not that it needs any confirmation, but he'll surely go down in history as the GOAT, and it would probably be one of the greatest comebacks ever.

If it's Lorenzo, he would've won one of the most hard-fought titles in recent memory and would do wonders to his stature.

Peace.
Ok, first. My main peeve, if you can all it that, is why do some Rossi fans put down Lorenzo and others. Pedestalizing your favourite is one thing, and insulting others is totally another.

Second, I make no big claims about the god-hood of either Marquez or Lorenzo, just that they're better/faster as of now, than Rossi. Being better does not imply dominance - just better, even if a millimetre, whereas the claims of god-hood and GOATness, mean he has a far higher standard to live up to, right ?

When I look at MotoGP racers, I'm looking more at their riding and not their off-track antics/deeds/politics.

Rossi has done the same pit-side deeds - trying to block information, trying to influence team bosses. Rossi has made rash/dangerous moves that could make others crash. Rossi even dropped his long time friend and pit-crew lead, Jeremy Burgess without so much as a warning. All that is forgiven, but Stoner gets called moaner, and Lorenzo gets called a sore loser. Pretty much all the things Rossi's done, at least when younger. Now he's toned down, races cleaner than before, more humble too, what I decipher from post-race interviews.

It's been a while I checked career stats, but it's Agostini who's the a GOAT. Rossi is second GOAT, I admit. Doohan third GOAT perhaps. Bat past laurels are past, right.

You mentioned Lorenzo had many issues which cost him points, and races, which is correct. Between 2010 and 2015, how many championships has Rossi won, and how many has Lorenzo ? 0 vs 2.

Key point to note : I'm only saying Lorenzo is now, and has been, from 2010, a faster rider than Rossi. I don't claim he's god, I don't claim he's GOAT. Just faster/better than Rossi, now. Better doesn't mean he has to win all races, just be faster and win more. Whereas those calling Rossi "god" and GOAT are far more at a loss to explain then why he isn't dominating the grid by a huge lead, like MM did in 2013, winning 14 of 18 rounds. And I still don't claim MM is god, for that matter. Surely a god's performance should be stellar, that no one else can even hope to rival, unless they are gods themselves.

Lorenzo was in MotoGP from 2008, and since his first two years he's improved so much, Rossi was threatened enough to leave Yamaha, wasn't he?
Consider the rivals Lorenzo faced during this time, besides Rossi himself. Stoner till 2011, Dani even now, Marquez from 2013. Marquez and Stoner are the kind of riders Rossi too can't easily get past. Why does "god" have so much trouble getting past lesser riders then? Why hasn't "god" won a championship from 2010, this year being his best of 6 years ?

At least now you're asking the right questions. Ask the same questions in the context of Rossi too, will you?

The bike also matters. The Ducatis have so much more power, they can get past the Yamahas on the straights rather often. The Honda too plays a huge role in making MM such a fast rider. And along with riding styles, skill and adaptability also matter, something keenly pointed out over Lorenzo's losses due to tyre wear, helmet issues aside. Similarly with MM, he was doing terribly with the 2015 chassis, and didn't get his mojo back until they went back to the 2014 setup.
Whereas Rossi's results on the Ducati were far worse in comparison. Clearly, "god" couldn't adapt to the Ducati , now pray tell why god can't do so? Was it just that Rossi was unlucky ? So Rossi can be unlucky but not Lorenzo, is that the metric? Was he unlucky in 2013 and 2014 too, when he was back on Yamaha ? In six years, he's just about to win 1 championship. Was it lack of form all the rest of 5 years , or was it luck , that Rossi didn't win any title in these ensuing years?

And "crimes of passion" are usually in the grip of hate, eh ?
My gist of picking on Rossi fanboys is not to tell them to stop cheering for Rossi, it's to tell them not to be so uncharitable to Rossi's rivals when they are so forgiving of Rossi. Cheering for your favorite don't have to be putting down the others. And even if they're 90% as fast as your god, at least give them 90% of the respect you give Rossi.

May the best man win!

EDIT: And here comes some interesting news via badri - Rossi accusing Marquez of "helping" Lorenzo. By overtaking him on the last lap? If Lorenzo had said this, he'd be immediately labelled a sore loser, but it's Rossi saying this, so all is well and right.

To what does Rossi attribute this "help" , that both are Spaniards ? Ridiculous. Every rider wants to win, and if they're not in the reckoning for championship, I doubt any of them really care much if it's rider A or rider B or rider C , unless they have a long standing personal grudge against someone who they'd see in tatters, as in "anyone but xyz", and I hardly think Marquez and Lorenzo are pally.

Last edited by Ricci : 22nd October 2015 at 23:05.
Ricci is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 23:52   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
It's been a while I checked career stats, but it's Agostini who's the a GOAT.
This, I concur to. His statistics are just mind boggling. Total, total, absolute domination back in the day. He might have won more Isle of Man TTs too, had he not decided to boycott the event.

Speaking of bad luck, I wonder how unlucky Iannone was at Philip Island? Had that seagull not struck his bike, he would not have missed his braking point and would not have allowed Lorenzo to pass.

Also, that stunning double overtake he made at the end of the race? He tried the exact same move earlier too, on the same riders. But only managed to pass one rider first time around, Marquez.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 15:13   #622
Senior - BHPian

The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
Rossi accuses Marquez of helping Lorenzo! This is epic!

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/224...g-lorenzo.html

If one has complaints on Lorenzo's excuses, what should we say about this? I'm surprised that Rossi made these comments. While this may be part of the mind games or even to put Marc's moves in the next two races in spot light..for me this seems a bit below belt.

" The Doctor paused often to smile between each sentence, but never looked at Marquez and his words appeared carefully chosen:

"If we have another race like Phillip Island we have to speak with him, with Marquez, because during the race it was more difficult to understand, but after when I saw the race later it was very clear that he play with us very much," Rossi said.

"Because mainly I think that his target is not just to win the race, but also help Lorenzo to go far and try to take more points on me. So I think that from Phillip Island it is very clear that Jorge has a new supporter! That is Marc.

"So this changes a lot, because for sure Marc has the potential to go away alone [at the front] and maybe for sure can be another type of race."

Rossi then leaned back from the microphone, glancing briefly at Lorenzo on his right hand side (who had been stroking his chin whilst listening to Rossi). Again Rossi did not look at Marquez, who was sat smiling on his left, and instead reached for a drink. "

Then came Marquez's turn to respond: "Of course no. Of course I did my race and in fact if I want to help Lorenzo I wouldn't pass him on the last lap, not push to the limit and not take the risk. I don't why they say [that].

"I've already said and also we saw on the data that the Honda is pushing a lot the front tyre and at that race it was the softest compound we have. I was struggling a lot doing 27 laps in a row. It's true that I tried to manage well the tyre and that in the middle of the race I tried to push and open a gap, and it was not possible.

"But you already know that my race [strategy] will never be push [flat out] from the beginning to the end in first position. I did my best. I did the best race for my team and the most important for me is that we won.

"Of course sometimes you try to manage the race, but I just will help [another rider] if it is my team-mate. If it's not my team-mate I will push for the victory. "

Iannone supported Rossi's view though..

"Iannone agreed with Rossi that Marquez had been "playing" with the pace, although he stopped short of suggesting a reason.

"It was an incredible race for sure. I also think Marc played with us! Because after 15 laps, after corner five, going really slow and I pass him easily. But I don't know why. For sure [he] have a really good pace and if it was a strategy, I don't know."

And the saga continues. Here is Rossi laying it down in black and white, not holding anything back at all! The man knows this is his best chance of winning another championship. He does make some really good points though. Read on.

After the Malaysian GP Pre-Event Press Conference Rossi spoke to the Italian media about his comments on Marquez helping out Lorenzo.

Do you think that Marquez helped out Lorenzo at Phillip Island?
"It is indeed true that Marquez did not play with both of us: he only played with me! It is important that he knows that I know! Now let's see what happens, but I am quite concerned because to have to fight with Lorenzo is one thing, but if you have to beat Marquez as well, everything becomes much more difficult, to be honest - the case is that he isn't playing fair (something that a professional rider has to do in these situations). Especially because Marquez could be very competitive in the last two races."

"For me it was a big disappointment, I was upset, it was from a few races ago that I knew, but I did not expect him to do something so obvious. I feel disappointment, regret and worry, because surely he will try to do it here and also in Valencia."

So why did he eventually also overtake Lorenzo?
"In the race I noticed it, but I did not understand; Marquez was a step above everyone, but instead of trying to try to battle Lorenzo, he stayed with me to fight with Iannone and others. He knew that I was losing out to the Ducati on the straight. And so every time I tried to pass him, he re-overtook me (super-aggressive, but thats the way it is). But then he slowed to create a gap to Jorge. His bad luck was that on Sunday Jorge was not so strong, because otherwise it would have been over already. Instead, he always kept Jorge in check, knowing that he could catch him within 3 laps, and then tried to slow me and Iannone, perhaps trying to put other riders between me and Lorenzo. And in the end, that's what he did. It is clearly quite worrying, but it doesn't worry me too much"

Why do you think he did this?
"Because he would prefer Lorenzo to win. He is angry at me for a personal matter. Although he never said it, he thinks that in Argentina I made him crash; and then at Assen he is still thinking about the last chicane, in his head he feels he should have won that race. Since then he has been angry and thinking like a child: I do not win, but you do not win either. At this point, the lesser evil is for him is for Lorenzo to win."

Is it something that motivates you or makes you angry?
"Let's see. Because if he's faster yet slows down to get involved in the battles further back, it could become difficult. Because he has nothing to lose, but I do. I have to be wary. I'm sorry and I'm quite angry. I did not expect that Marquez was an obstacle for this Championship, I thought I was only fighting against Jorge, as it should be."

Because he used to idolise you, did you think this wouldn't happen?
"Watch out, here we must make a clarification: did he really idolise me? Did he really have my poster at home? I'm not so sure. I'd like to go back in time and see. It will also be a question of character, he is competing with me: I want to win as many World Championships as I can. If I win another title, then he knows that he will have to win one more to overtake me. If instead Jorge wins, then they have more or less the same."

Was it better with Biaggi, because he at least made his feelings clear?
"It's true you are right. In the long run, I prefer more his behaviour. We were obnoxious to each other, but at least it was clear and honest. But I do not have his phone number."

Did this all begin in Laguna Seca?
"There have been lots of moments, at Laguna Seca he wanted to do what I had done to Stoner five years before, when he could easily have passed three corners later. It was the first signal. And I said so, but I did not want to believe it. To think evil, it takes forever."

Wanting to make a literary comparison, since we are in Malaysia, do you feel like Sandokan fighting Yanez?
"I would not know. I do not think that there is this difference between me and Lorenzo. I think we're both brave, each in his own way, and also a bit cunning."

Source: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/1...-to-win/187955

EDIT
Here is Marquez's response-
Ambushed by Valentino Rossi's allegations on Thursday, Marc Marquez got his chance to respond after opening practice at Sepang.

Marquez had appeared unsure whether Rossi was joking as he sat smiling alongside the Italian in the pre-event press conference, whilst claims were made that the Honda rider tried to help Rossi's title rival Jorge Lorenzo at Phillip Island last Sunday.

Any doubts about Rossi's seriousness were swiftly erased when the Yamaha rider criticised Marquez far more harshly - including producing printed lap times as 'evidence' - when talking to the Italian media afterwards.

Whilst that was going on, Marquez was performing his own media duties to the Spanish press and was thus unaware of Rossi's further comments. Talking to a handful of English-speaking media in the Repsol Honda hospitality on Friday, the outgoing double MotoGP champion got his chance to respond.

"After some hours, I'm still surprised like I think everybody," Marquez began. "Of course I respect Valentino and I will respect always, but I understand also his situation. That he is fighting for the title, he is really close to getting his tenth title, but he knows Jorge is really strong. So for that reason I prefer to be out of this battle.

"Of course yesterday Valentino pushed to me, but in the end he needs to beat Jorge on the racetrack. So I don't want to be inside [the title battle] but in the end I'm doing my race. I think what I did in Phillip Island was the best, which was win the race and take the 25 points for my team, my sponsors and my factory.

"I will try to do the same here and Valencia. Try to win. Of course if I cannot win I'll try to finish second, or third. Like I say before the Phillip Island race, I will try to do my 100%."

Among the long list of allegations made by Rossi was that Marquez is still angry about their clashes at Argentina and Assen, is "thinking like a child" and that "the lesser evil is for him is for Lorenzo to win [the title]."

"I didn't lose any respect [for Rossi] because in the end I understand his situation," Marquez said. "Even if you are Valentino, Jorge, Marc or Dani - when you are fighting for the title, remain two races, 11 points. After a year like that everybody feel the pressure.

"Like I say, I don't want to be inside of this battle. I want to give to them the show inside the track and have a great battle between him and Jorge. But of course there is the possibility that me, Dani, Andrea will be in the middle. Maybe it will be a good thing for Valentino, maybe a good thing for Jorge.

"But in the end everybody here is doing his race and, as I said at Phillip Island before the race, he is not my team-mate that is fighting for the title. So just I will do my race and I will try to finish first and if that is not possible second, third."

Why do you think Rossi has brought you into the battle?

"I don't know, new strategy no?!" Marquez smiled. "I was really surprised because at Phillip Island in the end I won the race. I did an incredible last lap, taking a risk to overtake Lorenzo in the downhill after a hot lap, that always is difficult.

"You know, in the end I respect him and maybe it is a new strategy. We don't know. Only Valentino knows this, but like I say of course I understand and respect [him], but he needs to beat Jorge on the track and I think Valentino is strong enough to beat Jorge on the track.

"Valentino is leading the championship by 11 points. He knows that if he finishes just behind or in front of Jorge he will win the championship, so he doesn't need to be worried."

Did Rossi say anything to you about it at Phillip Island?

"Yeah we already speak because, you know, outside of the European races always there is a small party and we were there. We speak and he asked me about the race and everything, but he was not like this. Just he said to me, 'why the last lap was so fast? Why you push in the middle of the race, then Jorge overtake you?'

"But it is like I say, I tried to manage the race, manage my situation, my tyres, my front tyre and in the end do the best and my target was win the race. Doesn't matter how, if by five seconds or by one millisecond."

Did you feel angry about the comments from Valentino?

"No I'm not angry because like I say at the first moment that I heard that, I don't want to be inside of this [title] battle. But this doesn't mean that maybe here, Valencia - we don't know because it can happen - maybe Pedrosa, Iannone, me will be in-between Jorge and Valentino.

"Maybe it will be a help for Valentino and maybe it will be a help for Jorge. But in the end everybody is doing his own race and everybody is trying to get the best result for his team and sponsors."

Marquez concluded: "In the end he [Rossi] knows that if he is doing a great job and he finishes just behind Jorge or in front, he will win the championship. If he did this in other races he can do it now. So for that reason I was surprised and I don't understand.

"But OK, in the end I respect [him], I know that Valentino is really good in the press conferences and outside the track, but he needs to beat Jorge on the track, not me."

Told that Marquez was still surprised by Rossi's comments, the Italian responded: "For me it is not very surprising, I think, but anyway I said everything yesterday and I don't have nothing to say more."

Like Marquez, many in the paddock are still unsure as to the exact motive behind Rossi's comments. One theory is that The Doctor is putting public pressure on Marquez to ensure he either beats both Movistar Yamahas, or finishes behind them both, in the remaining races.

Either of those scenarios would favour Rossi, who can afford to finish one place behind Lorenzo in each of the remaining rounds, even if the #99 wins, and still take the title. The worst case scenario for Rossi is to be beaten by Lorenzo, with another rider in-between.

Marquez, with five wins this year, is the lead candidate to split the M1s in such a way.

Throw in some apparently long held suspicions - Rossi said Marquez choosing to pass him at the Corkscrew in 2013 was the "first signal" - plus some see-sawing lap times at Phillip Island and Rossi may have concluded that forcing Marquez to effectively 'prove' he isn't helping Lorenzo is no bad thing.

Marquez was speaking after finishing third fastest in Friday practice at Sepang, setting a best lap time just 0.226s slower than Lorenzo. Team-mate Pedrosa was second quickest with Rossi in eighth.

Marquez won at Sepang last season, with Pedrosa victorious in 2012 and 2013.

Source: http://m.crash.net/motogp/news/224496/1/marquez-mystified-by-rossi-attack.html

Last edited by shyn : 23rd October 2015 at 15:40.
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 12:28   #623
Senior - BHPian

What a lap from Pedrosa! Shattered the pole position record set by MM93 last year by 0.7s and none within 0.4s of his time.

And what a crucial last gasp lap from Rossi to push Lorenzo to the second row and pushing himself up to the first row. How crucial will that be in the race tomorrow?

Cannot wait for the race tomorrow!

EDIT: Marquez had a huge moment during Q2. Here's what a Facebook user had to say about it:

The 2015 MotoGP Thread-lol.jpg

Also, look at the weather forecast for tomorrow! Commentators heard claps of thunder occasionally today as well.

The 2015 MotoGP Thread-weather.jpg

More drama to add on to tomorrow's already exciting slugfest? What a Sunday it is going to be!

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 24th October 2015 at 12:50.
Old 24th October 2015, 13:49   #624
Senior - BHPian

The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Full qualifying result:
The 2015 MotoGP Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445674734.251301.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
What a lap from Pedrosa! Shattered the pole position record set by MM93 last year by 0.7s and none within 0.4s of his time.

So it looks like Rossi has found a new best friend (read: championship guardian angel) in Pedrosa! I wonder what Lorenzo has to say about it.

Last edited by shyn : 24th October 2015 at 13:53.
Old 24th October 2015, 14:29   #625
BHPian

Now the season finale gets more interesting with Dani Pedrosa riding hard and Rossi having his fingers on the Cup with J Lorenzo breathing down his neck.

MM and Iannone what are you guys going to do?
Happysmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 15:24   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
MM and Iannone what are you guys going to do?
They're all going to watch in awe as the GOAT makes one final push towards winning the championship and shuts the mouth of all his critics, post the press con on Thursday.

PS : Going to parc ferme and getting shooed from there and then finding out that you lost 3rd to your 36 year old championship rival who historically is "slower" than you...

Geee what a tough day at the office!

Last edited by Parth46 : 24th October 2015 at 15:27.
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 18:42   #627
BHPian

Quote:
They're all going to watch in awe as the GOAT makes one final push towards winning the championship and shuts the mouth of all his critics, post the press con on Thursday.

PS : Going to parc ferme and getting shooed from there and then finding out that you lost 3rd to your 36 year old championship rival who historically is "slower" than you...

Geee what a tough day at the office!
The chances that Rossi finishes ahead of Lorenzo at Sepang are high. It is a hard braking circuit that suits Rossi as well as the two Hondas well. If Rossi can use the hard compound tyres (Lorenzo will not), he will for sure finish ahead of Lorenzo, provided temperatures are high.

That said, the accusations made by Rossi on Thursday are very unlike him and did his image no good. He later told that he can at least sleep well now after venting out his frustrations. However, the overwhelming support in the web seems to be towards Marc and this will surely dampen the post championship euphoria (if he wins) of Rossi a bit. Expect him to announce a retraction (at least an indirect one) of accusations once he wins the championship.

Lorenzo being bumped off the third position on the grid and subsequent pushing off the parc ferme provided some reason for Rossi's fans to gloat in this time of difficulty. However, this may actually help Lorenzo (at the start) to get an outside line into turn one. The result could be that he can either end up being 1st into turn 2 or being bumped off the track if other riders close on him. Looking at Lorenzo's post race comments, he seems to be willing to take risks at Sepang as there is no other way to do it.

Last edited by badri : 24th October 2015 at 18:52.
Old 24th October 2015, 22:21   #628
Senior - BHPian

One thing you can't take away from Rossi is his fans! Even if he was a little too paranoid and out-of-sorts after Australia, people still love him. Just look at the poll results from MotoGP's official site: 77-23 in favour of The Doctor. Forza Vale, indeed!
The 2015 MotoGP Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445705379.157435.jpg
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 22:50   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
However, the overwhelming support in the web seems to be towards Marc and this will surely dampen the post championship euphoria (if he wins) of Rossi a bit.
We probably use/have different versions of the WWW.

MM can act all shocked/surprised/confused all he wants, but he's no saint. Iannone agreeing with Rossi and mentioning that MM's pace clearly fluctuated a lot is the key to this story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Forza Vale, indeed!
Rossi riff-raff at it again, mate!
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 07:31   #630
BHPian

Quote:
We probably use/have different versions of the WWW.

MM can act all shocked/surprised/confused all he wants, but he's no saint. Iannone agreeing with Rossi and mentioning that MM's pace clearly fluctuated a lot is the key to this story.
Marc has an explanation (however improbable it may sound for Rossi fans) for fluctuation of pace in PI. Does Rossi have one to explain why Marc overtook Lorenzo in last lap and take away 5 points?

Look slightly back to Aragon. Marc was ahead of Rossi (with a few riders between them) and chasing down Lorenzo hard when he crashed. If his intention was to keep Rossi behind and help Lorenzo, he could have easily done it without crashing.

We can go on on this topic forever but I sincerely believe that Rossi was too brave and took a risk (of his image getting hit) when he burst out on Thursday. Till now, I thought that his PR skills were impeccable and that he always spoke in a balanced manner, laced with good wit and charm. Now I feel that the heat is getting on to him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks