Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2015, 11:58   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
By the end of the 2nd lap, rossi had made up 3 positions. But he was unable to make up any more. Flash in the pan rider. Capitalized on the opening laps mistakes by the others, but not able to once they were in the groove(literal in some cases).
I agree. Its a worrying thing that Rossi is never able to pull away once he hits the front. He leaves his pulling away for the lesser positions but then hits the proverbial wall once he hits the front.

I think he needs some lessons from the faster kids.

Man, the old geezer must be in splits inside his helmet hearing the scrape and gravel song of Marquez's bike race after race. I don't know how he keeps a straight face in the post race interviews.

Last edited by ebonho : 1st September 2015 at 12:17.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 13:04   #512
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: I understand some of you are passionate about the sport / riders you support.

However, please remember that Team-BHP has an incredibly strict posting protocol that we expect all members to follow. We will NOT permit sarcastic replies, personal attacks & rude posts on Team-BHP.

Some members have already been warned. A sincere request to keep things civil & respectful on this thread.

Thanks for the support & understanding
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 13:49   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post

He was 7.4 seconds off Rossi at the 10th lap. By lap 18th the gap was down to 1.8 seconds. Rossi was lucky that Petrucci started 18th.

As Rossi said, when he saw that Marc has crashed, he slowed down thinking he got a large gap. That was lap 19, he did a 2'20 and the lead came down to 4 sec. From lap 13 - 16 Petrucci was able to bring down the gap to 1.6 sec. Rossi upped the pace for the next few laps and brought the gap to 3 sec. He must have seen from the pit board that Petrucci was getting too close.Stellar ride from both guys.

http://resources.motogp.com/files/re...df?v1_8a851ba9

Talking about the championship, I believe its Lorenzo's championship to loose.
Old 1st September 2015, 17:30   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Parth welcome back.

Do try and catch the repeat.
Thanks much, Doc! Not able to find a proper video of the race or highlights so far!

So apparently, after Assen, MM93 "knew what he had to do" when he's tailing Rossi.

But, but - what exactly happened here? The pace got too hot to handle and not unexpectedly, the wonder-kid, the "miraculous rookie" is now at another DNF this season, binning it in true Marc Marquez style!

With all his fans across the world being gung-ho about how he'll bounce back and perform a miracle and win back-to-back like last year, his fan club would've probably started planning for title celebrations after the race in Valencia.

Alas, not to be. Gotta keep the bike nose pointed in the right direction before thinking of "miracles".

JLo's virtues as a ruthless wet-race rider were also for naught as the master clearly showed how to win a wet-race.

When the going gets tough, GOD gets going. No matter what the trunk/boot analysis, a GOD is a GOD is a GOD. No random guy trying to gain eye-balls writing about "this report" and "that analysis" is going to change that.

Last edited by Parth46 : 1st September 2015 at 17:34.
Parth46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 18:22   #515
Senior - BHPian

This is slightly OT, mods please take action if required.

This thread has got me to hate Rossi. I was a huge fan ever since I first started watching MotoGP in 2008.

But the comments here and the constant reference to him as GOD has made me sick to my stomach.

You have your GOD, others have theirs. Let's respect those views, please?

It's just like how it is with the EPL. Manchester United fans don't hate Manchester City and Chelsea because of the clubs, rather because of its fans.

Rossi is a great rider - Fact
Rossi is the greatest rider- Opinion

Marquez is a great rider - Fact
Marquez is the greatest rider - Opinion

Lorenzo is a great rider - Fact
Lorenzo is the greatest rider - Opinion

Rossi is GOD - Opinion

Can we please learn the distinction? Presenting opinion as fact is what has ruffled so many feathers here. I have not seen this animosity anywhere else in Team-BHP. Why here? Let's make the thread informative. Not a Rossi vs Lorenzo vs Marquez squabble. This sounds like little kids arguing about how The Rock is better or Triple H is better in WWE/F. You can always substantiate your views on your rider by presenting facts and lifting him than be sarcastic and acidic in your tone and trying to pull down another rider.

Sorry for going OT, but this has been festering in me for too long.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 1st September 2015 at 18:30.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 19:50   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

This thread has got me to hate Rossi...
...this has been festering in me for too long.
No use.

There have been numerous appeals and mod interventions, yet every other post here reeks of fanboy-ism.

I too had posted long ago echoing your sentiments. (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-m...ml#post3731357).
Apart from a few 'Thanks', nothing else came off it. Similar will be your post's fate.

I now visit this thread armed with a bucket of popcorn. It's pure entertainment.
schakravarthy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 22:42   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Man, the old geezer must be in splits inside his helmet hearing the scrape and gravel song of Marquez's bike race after race. I don't know how he keeps a straight face in the post race interviews.
No rider and definitely not Rossi would enjoy the crash of another rider. Rossi himself had undergone one of the worst nightmares any rider would dread of.. being involved in a fatal accident (of Simoncelli's). Even though it was no way his fault, the incident would have left a long lasting impact.

Last edited by badri : 1st September 2015 at 22:45.
badri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 08:27   #518
Team-BHP Support

And the guy who is called this.

The 2015 MotoGP Thread-qatarmrelbowz.jpg

He does it as well

The 2015 MotoGP Thread-00valentinorossicatalunya03.jpg
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 19:53   #519
BHPian

Marquez's opinion on the two championship contenders.

"It looks interesting because on speed Lorenzo is faster, but Valentino has unbelievable experience and is consistent so he can take profit from all the situations,” Marquez said. “It will be interesting to see this battle and we will try to be there in the middle for every race."

Well, the keyword is "situations". Under normal conditions, Lorenzo holds a bit of advantage. Throw in some variants like unpredictable weather, not perfect tyre compound etc and Rossi and his consistency will benefit. I would rate Rossi's chances higher but hope for a Lorenzo turnaround.

Source:
http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/222...xperience.html

Last edited by badri : 2nd September 2015 at 20:22.
badri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 05:59   #520
BHPian

This crash of Rossi at Valencia 2006 could be the most significant of all..

Rossi entered the last round with 8 points advantage over Nicky Hayden. He had a bad start ( one area which the Doctor couldn't improve till date), and was trying to make up places when he crashed. Eventually he finished in 13th (Hayden in 3rd) and lost championship by 5 points. Shows that he is a human after all and pressure can get to his head too.

Being a Rossi supporter, I was gutted at that time and it took a long time to come over it.

Interestingly, earlier in the season, Rossi lost to Toni Elias at Estoril in a photo finish ( by .002 sec). If he had won that race, he would have been on equal points to Hayden at the end and could have been the champion by virtue of more wins.

Those were the days when a satellite rider could beat factory guys. Hope we see such trends in 2016.

Last edited by badri : 3rd September 2015 at 06:25.
badri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 16:35   #521
Team-BHP Support

Just finished watching Silverstone 2015. Hadn't watched yet.

Yes, it is an amazing ride by Rossi, no two ways about it. But, in this race, it wasn't very clear as to where would have Lorenzo stood had he got a decent enough helmet whose visor didn't fog up. No ifs & buts here as he didn't crash like MM#93. There is one more angle to it. Lorenzo unlike other riders, doesn't use breath deflector thus helping aggravating the fogging issue. Unsure as to what caused the fogging, helmet [design etc] or the breath deflector [the lack of it]

I wanted to see more slide & dance in the race like Kiyonari did but seems electronics & tires have caught up to an extent.

Still, a great race. Rossi has more points & Lorenzo has more wins. Being 77 points behind & having 3 DNF's, Marc has 3 wins. You can't discredit that.

2015 Championship is between the Yamaha riders now. Unlikely it will be taken by someone else.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 06:50   #522
BHPian

Excellent article on Bridgestone's edge treated tyres..

https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...s_tailor_.html
Old 7th September 2015, 18:49   #523
Senior - BHPian

Further evidence of Lorenzo's foggy visor at Silverstone.

Comparison with Dani Petrucci at the same time at the same part of the track.

The 2015 MotoGP Thread-jorgelorenzofoggedvisorsilverstone2015.jpg

Not very clear from here, but looks like he did omit the breath deflector?
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 20:20   #524
BHPian

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/ra...silver-screen/
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 MotoGP Thread-rossi_ride.jpg  

sanjaymugur is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 10:00   #525
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

Not very clear from here, but looks like he did omit the breath deflector?
He did and he is the only rider on the grid to omit the deflector.

Why does he do that? I am not sure, but I do see that when my LS2's deflector wore off, it was more prone to fogging up whereas my other helmet [SparX] doesn't.

Now, is this an HJC issue or deflector issue? If a deflector issue, then IMO, he should use one. If HJC, he should stop using one as this is a repeat issue. This has troubled him time & again.

And from whatever I have read at various online forums, HJC sales have dropped after this issue cropped up.

Why not use an Arai or Shoei?
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks