Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2015, 21:52   #556
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

From Rossi's blog:

Quote:
It‘s true that the championship is a lot more important that winning this race,
it‘s the main target. Unfortunately Jorge crashed and I was able to gain another 11-points. This is good for the championship, but it‘s a shame to miss out on the podium, because I wanted to arrive in the top three in front of all the spectators. It was a crazy race and when you have to change the bike, in this case twice, you need luck and rapid thinking to understand the situation. Fifth is still a good result and we‘re looking forward to the next race in Aragon. There are still five races left and unfortunately Lorenzo has the ability to win at every single one and Marquez is also always strong, so there are still a lot of points left to fight for. Aragon is always a difficult track, but we did some tests there and my lap times weren‘t so bad, so we have to try to do a good race and arrive on the podium.
The first "unfortunately", he seems sad that Lorenzo crashed.
The second "unfortunately", he seems sad that Lorenzo can win all the other tracks.

Mixed emotions, eh Doctor?

Disclaimer: Before anyone pounces on little ol' me, I am not mocking Rossi or anything of the sort.

Peace.
Old 14th September 2015, 22:47   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Is there any update on why Rossi delayed the pitstop so much? Could not find anything on the net. He could have easily come first :-(
It is very hard to believe that Rossi could have made such a mistake. There must be something more to than what meets the eye.
My understanding is this.
The track was starting to dry, along the racing line, but rest of the tracj was wet.

Now the risk was, if it rains again, the riders on slicks will have a huge problem. On the other hand, staying on wets on dry racing like was eating the tyres up fast, but the rest of the track was still wet, so if you veer off the racing like to overtake or because you didn't get the line/speed right, dry/slick tyres would again slip causing a crash.
Rossi knows he has an advantage in the wet, so he intended/hoped for a wet track as far as possible.

As for Lorenzo, he knows Rossi's advantage in the wet. If he pits, the time for switch and the pit lane limit of 60km/h would mean he would emerge far behind Rossi (if Rossi didn't pit), and not having Rossi in sight, would make it harder to judge how much harder he needs to push to get past Rossi, even if he is faster on the slicks.

Last edited by Ricci : 14th September 2015 at 23:06.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 23:05   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any update on why Rossi delayed the pit stop so much? Could not find anything on the net. He could have easily come first :-(
It is very hard to believe that Rossi could have made such a mistake. There must be something more to than what meets the eye.
It’s simple. The race was between Lorenzo and Rossi and not the track and race itself. Rossi has to finish ahead of Lorenzo in all the races going forward to make sure he wins the championship.

And Rossi does not have the data we have when we view the race where we can see others race times on slicks.

Most importantly, don’t under estimate the tires. I am saying by example even today. The tyre takes a long time to start doing things that is comfortable to do.

Marquez after his tyre change took close to 3 laps to start lapping at speeds of Baz and Smith. For the first 3 laps he was still faster than Rossi and Lorenzo (close to 6 seconds faster) yet was slower by 3 seconds compared to smith.

Today i rode my motorcycle to work like usual in the same route, doing the same routine. The only difference was till last week the morning rides were in temperatures close to 25-28 and today it was around 12-13. The same route made me almost slip a curve that i always take with confidence on those tyres. The cold tyres were no match and the front almost gave up. In India we hardly witness or feel this in our regular roads for its hot, hotter and hottest all year long for many of us.

The ride to work is less than 7 miles so the difference between 13 and 25 was definitely evident on the first corner where i almost felt the front not gripping.

This is at 30 mph. Imagine those riders at 100+ MPH. The wet to slick when the track is not 100 % dry means getting the tyre to grip and guessing the grip throughout.

Lorenzo’s mistake was after bunch of rights it was the first left. The right is warm enough while the left tyre edges were simply cold. He had no chance when that happens.

Your can say my difference in temperate was not enough to warrant my experience, but trust me there is a HUGE difference when the weather is cold and road is overall cold.
VW2010 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 12:08   #559
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
As for Lorenzo, he knows Rossi's advantage in the wet. If he pits, the time for switch and the pit lane limit of 60km/h would mean he would emerge far behind Rossi (if Rossi didn't pit), and not having Rossi in sight, would make it harder to judge how much harder he needs to push to get past Rossi, even if he is faster on the slicks.
Thanks Ricci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Your can say my difference in temperate was not enough to warrant my experience, but trust me there is a HUGE difference when the weather is cold and road is overall cold.
Thanks VW2010. No I would not say that as I too used to ride a lot when I was in US. And I used to ride throughout the year, rain shine or snow. So I pretty well understand what you meant
Old 15th September 2015, 20:34   #560
BHPian

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/0...-factor/184438
killjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 10:27   #561
Team-BHP Support

Rossi hoped for more rain, hence stayed out longer. Rain is unpredictable, so it is natural, but I am unsure, with the tires in that condition, how much of an advantage would he have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
And now that I bring it up, does anybody recall a tyre blow up during a Motogp race?
Yes, Shinya Nakano had a crash at 200MPH when his rear tire failed. That was a decade back. Link

This is the only tire related incident I recall and only one which I saw live [of-course on TV]
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 17:53   #562
BHPian

So miraculous Marc has crashed out once again this season, in the ongoing Aragon GP.

Can't wait to hear him say " still we believe in the championship " in the post race interview.
Old 27th September 2015, 18:16   #563
Distinguished - BHPian

Phew!!
Breathless last 5 laps!
Full points to pedrosa, he did manage to Fox the fox. That straight-line, that's what did Rossi in.
And it wasn't a clear runaway from Lorenzo, was it?
Old 27th September 2015, 18:28   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Phew!!
Breathless last 5 laps!
Full points to pedrosa, he did manage to Fox the fox. That straight-line, that's what did Rossi in.
And it wasn't a clear runaway from Lorenzo, was it?
Amazing battle for the second place, the straight line deficit really did come into picture.

You're right, don't think Lorenzo was able to break away too much into the distance. 3rd at Aragon is good enough, here's to the next round.
Old 27th September 2015, 18:49   #565
BHPian

Amazing race. Proper 'edge of the seat 'stuff and a great fend off by Dani.

Whats truly weird is the no. of times mm93 has ridden a scooter during the races this season. He should really learn to pace himself and stop going all out for a win or nothing, atleast out of respect for all the hard work his team puts in to get his bike on the grid.

A heroic ride by Iannone too.

Cant wait for the next race already...

Last edited by manson : 29th September 2015 at 14:55.
Old 27th September 2015, 21:36   #566
BHPian

Full marks to Pedrosa for making 'The Doctor' have a taste of his own medicine!

As for those who factor in Pedrosa's lightweight/Honda's straight line speed, I do hope they might have had also noticed how good the Yamaha was under braking and throughout the corners. The straight is only 1km whereas the track is some 5 or so kilometers long. The speed deficit was around 6km/h each lap.

Sometimes it doesn't hurt to give credit where it's due!

Last edited by Shivank : 27th September 2015 at 22:04. Reason: Typo
Shivank is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 00:17   #567
BHPian

What a breathtaking race!

Great defense by Pedrosa. Matched Valentino blow by blow. The last lap move into the back straight by Rossi would have been written into history had he made it stick. He produced it out of nowhere, but Pedrobot was simply unrelenting. One of the battles I'll always remember! And the hug after the race - a touch of humility.

Great ride by Iannone too!

Congrats to Lorenzo too; solid performance throughout the weekend

--
Cheers
Thirugnnanam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 20:59   #568
BHPian

Yamaha wins the team championship with 4 races to spare!

http://www.yamaha-racing.com/motogp/...am-world-title
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 MotoGP Thread-cp_h0idwsaasrjk.jpg  

Last edited by badri : 30th September 2015 at 21:24.
Old 30th September 2015, 21:29   #569
BHPian

Marquez suffers a fracture in mountain bike accident! He has undergone surgery but is likely to recover by Japanese GP

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/223...c-marquez.html
Old 4th October 2015, 22:42   #570
BHPian

Lorenzo sprains shoulder in a training accident!

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/...ning-accident/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks