Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2015, 09:27   #631
Team-BHP Support

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Voted for Rossi.

Ideally, I wanted him to be convincingly fast & win more races than Lorenzo prior to holding up the WC title.

More race wins, yeah..
Old 25th October 2015, 12:51   #632
Distinguished - BHPian

As much as I back Rossi, that looked a little crooked. If it's put down as overly aggressive by both, I don't know. There was a lot of aggression by both of them, and one was bound to come off worse.

PS: it looked like a kick, but it was contact. I don't think he wanted to trip him over. Just getting back for the previous corner nudge.
Geez!!

Last edited by mayankk : 25th October 2015 at 12:55.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 12:52   #633
Senior - BHPian

Did Rossi just kick Marquez!? 😱
What was that! He got on Marc's inside and then looked at him and then the replays clearly show him kicking him ever so slightly but enough to send Marquez down! Why Rossi, why!
He will surely be penalised for it. Let's hope it doesn't cost him the crown. But it sure as hell will cost him some fans and respect.
Marquez rode straight back to the pits and parked.
So it is now Pedrosa-Lorenzo-Rossi.
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 12:55   #634
Senior - BHPian

I am no expert, I am not a member of the race direction.

But through my amateur eyes, that was not a racing accident. Rossi seemed slow enough to not go so wide and bump into Marquez.

Sad to see the way the duel ended between the two. Will this have repercussions? We'll know soon.

After what I saw, Rossi will never be GOAT. Not after that. Sorry.

The overhead replay actually looked like Rossi kicked Marquez with his knee! Rossi(and his fans) might argue that Marquez's bike was on Rossi's knee and that is why he pushed the bike away.

IF Rossi is guilty, I hope Race Direction aren't weighed down by the fact that their decision could weigh in heavily on the championship.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 25th October 2015 at 13:04.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 12:55   #635
NGM
BHPian

Rossi...what was that??
Kick"racing"??
Old 25th October 2015, 12:56   #636
BHPian

From the replays, did seem like Marc touched Rossi's knee and then went down. Both Rossi and MM will have their own versions of course.

The shootout was ferocious, something had to give.

Looked like a kick, but it was actually MM that made the contact it seems - RD will evaluate from a million angles I guess.

Last edited by Parth46 : 25th October 2015 at 13:07.
Old 25th October 2015, 13:05   #637
NGM
BHPian

Rossi slowed down looked back and his foot moved.Then he again looked back to see if Marc was down.
This is what I saw with my amateur eyes.
Anyways let us leave it to Race director and enjoy the race.
Old 25th October 2015, 13:08   #638
BHPian

Well, words don't describe how disgusted I am watching that come from a 9 time champion.

A new low for Rossi and Motogp. So you have to give it Rossi on a platter or he kicks his way through?. I christen him 'GLOAT' from this moment on.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 13:10   #639
Senior - BHPian

The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
From the replays, did seem like Marc touched Rossi's knee and then went down. Both Rossi and MM will have their own versions of course.

The shootout was ferocious, something had to give.

Oh come on man! I am a huge Rossi fan too but what he did was a little too extreme!
He must have been really frustrated with first Lorenzo getting past him and then breezing past Marquez while he was stuck there battling for third while Lorenzo was getting away.
Yes, the Lorenzo-Marquez alliance seemed to be working over time there but even if that was the case, still kicking someone out is wrong!
The worst that could happen was Rossi would finish fourth and Lorenzo would be second or even first. But some points are better than no points. And I don't even want to imagine the effect it will have on his reputation now.
Like the line from Dark Knight goes, "You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain".

Last edited by shyn : 25th October 2015 at 13:12.
shyn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 13:16   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Oh come on man! I am a huge Rossi fan too but what he did was a little too extreme!
He must have been really frustrated with first Lorenzo getting past him and then breezing past Marquez while he was stuck there battling for third while Lorenzo was getting away.
Yes, the Lorenzo-Marquez alliance seemed to be working over time there but even if that was the case, still kicking someone out is wrong!
The worst that could happen was Rossi would finish fourth and Lorenzo would be second or even first. But some points are better than no points. And I don't even want to imagine the effect it will have on his reputation now.
Like the line from Dark Knight goes, "You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain".
Nothing to do with being a fan, calling it as I see it. None of us are experts, so let's wait for the RD verdict before quoting movie lines and concluding that it was actually a "kick"!

Last edited by Parth46 : 25th October 2015 at 13:18.
Old 25th October 2015, 13:23   #641
BHPian

I don't think Rossi wanted Marquez to crash out of the race. He was trying to confront MM on the turn 14 and then the inevitable happened. But sure it doesn't do any good to Rossi's World Championship lead nor his image.
Old 25th October 2015, 13:25   #642
BHPian

Those of you that were wearing blinders while watching the race, here's what the rest of us saw. Marquez was clearly leaned over and looking in the direction of the turn while rossi was stood up and looking the other way. Marq tried to turn in and there was a yamaha clearly not going the same direction and contact was inevitable.

bet if marq had done the same he'd been immediately penalized. Race direction needs to grow a pair.

Last edited by nitro.1000bhp : 25th October 2015 at 13:32.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 13:28   #643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
Those of you that were wearing blinders while watching the race, here's what the rest of us saw.
No need for that. Even us Rossi fans are calling him out. As for what you depicted as the scenario, if that is true, then it's an incident only. I just hope that's what it is, just testosterone and anger.
But like I said, looked a bit crooked, wonder if the line was crossed.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 13:34   #644
Senior - BHPian

The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Why did Lorenzo just walk away from the podium without spraying any champagne?! Is that him showing his protest?
And it has to be said that Lorenzo's overtake on Marquez was a little too simple. Marc conveniently went wide and it just so happens when Lorenzo is coming. Looked a little sketchy to me. And then with Rossi on his tail, he doesn't miss the line even once and holds him back while Lorenzo builds a comfortable lead. Just saying.
EDIT: This guy should have been Rossi's PR. That is the perfect excuse! A simple human reflex called the knee jerk. xD just some humor to lighten up the tension.
Attachment 1430787

Last edited by shyn : 25th October 2015 at 13:47.
Old 25th October 2015, 13:49   #645
BHPian

You don't need a pair of binoculars to see what just happened there!

Saying that you need seasoned experts' opinion on that will be taking fanboism a bit too far. And if Marquez was toying around with Rossi, he had every right to do that given how Rossi blabbered BS, accusing him of helping Lorenzo.

Lessons? If you can't beat them, kick them. But make sure you're a 9 TIMES WORLD CHAMPION before pulling such antics. Anything less or non-yellow is a moaner, whiner, loser, dirty rider, immature kid and what not!
Shivank is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks