Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2017, 22:28   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Formula 1 - Silly Season, 2017

They were a respectable 4th out of 12/13 teams in 1995 & 1996. Not embarrassing to watch like they are now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfxavier View Post
Some might even argue that McLaren needs to keep more patience looking at what happened after teaming up with Mercedes in 1995 in an era of straightforward NA engines.
Been waiting 2 years now and they are miles off Mercedes. They will then need to catch them, followed by surpassing them on power to win the title.

A lot can happen? Ahem, Really.

Gains today dont come by easily. My point is that Honda should not have been anywhere as bad they were in 2015. The gap was just far too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Ahem, Really.

Lets wait and watch, shall we. They will get better as season progress. A podium or two, even better. The season is long, a lot can happen in between don't conclude too soon.
I dont see them making a better PU than Mercedes for atleast 2 more years as a best case scenario. There is no real way out of this mess. Cant live with them and cant live without them!

Painful time for us McLaren fans.
Old 18th March 2017, 22:39   #242
Senior - BHPian

Apparently Mercedes board and Toto are open to supplying engines to McLaren. But that would mean severe financial implications for the latter.

Apart from free engines and engineering support, Honda also pays a lot of bills for McLaren.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/formula1/39290908
Old 18th March 2017, 23:16   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Apparently Mercedes board and Toto are open to supplying engines to McLaren. But that would mean severe financial implications for the latter.

Apart from free engines and engineering support, Honda also pays a lot of bills for McLaren.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/formula1/39290908
News of it back in end 2014.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-m...ml#post3602215

I dont see McLaren foregoing $117m USD (incl cost of a new PU).
Not to mention depleting cash reserves of companies based in the middle east? Mumtakalat has to be affected.

Last edited by Hatari : 18th March 2017 at 23:23.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 08:00   #244
MCR
BHPian

Lewis Hamilton could quit in the middle if 2017. This is if he looses motivation in the middle of the season, which means Ferrari are on top and he cannot win!

Link to Article : http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/201...f1-mid-season/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
News of it back in end 2014.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-m...ml#post3602215

I dont see McLaren foregoing $117m USD (incl cost of a new PU).
Not to mention depleting cash reserves of companies based in the middle east? Mumtakalat has to be affected.
If Mclaren wish to change the engine supplier, then they loose out all the monies. If they can force Honda to quit, then the payout is confirmed for the next 5 years! Hence McLaren is bad mouthing Honda in the European Press!

Link to Article : https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterly.../#18cb4321e014
MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 10:26   #245
Senior - BHPian

A good discussion to follow here: Sky' Natalie Pinkham with Mike Gascoyne and Craig Scarborough.

deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 17:56   #246
BHPian

Whats the best place to stream the races? I watched the last couple of seasons in the US where i could stream Sky Sports F1.

The same links are now blocked by Department of Telecom! here in India. So now i am left without a reliable link to stream it from. Oh i don't have a TV! Yes, thats right. After living in the US, i don't need a TV now. I stream most of the things so i don't have a need for a TV.

I watched the test matches on HotStar. It also has F1 coverage but not sure if they have their own coverage or stream the Sky feed. Has anyone used Hotstar?
Old 21st March 2017, 23:19   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Whats the best place to stream the races? I watched the last couple of seasons in the US where i could stream Sky Sports F1.

I watched the test matches on HotStar. It also has F1 coverage but not sure if they have their own coverage or stream the Sky feed. Has anyone used Hotstar?
Hotstar is by Star sports which streams Sky's feed. You can do a google search just before the race and you'll find a link. I did this way for the last three races in 2016.
Old 21st March 2017, 23:26   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Whats the best place to stream the races?
Jio TV would be a good option...
avdhesh15 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 23:50   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It also has F1 coverage but not sure if they have their own coverage or stream the Sky feed. Has anyone used Hotstar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithic View Post
Hotstar is by Star sports which streams Sky's feed.
Hot Star and Star Sports should show the feed from Channel 4 like last year.

For Brundle and the Sky team, we will have to use some streaming site.

We know the cars are much quicker this year, but this video is going to blow your mind still.

Cannot imagine we were following such a slow car in 2014.

And here is a comparison of the SF70H with the glorious F2004 of Schumi. God, I miss that screaming V10

Cannot wait for the weekend!
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 01:46   #250
Senior - BHPian

A little pic that shows all the race start times in IST. Posting it here coz I think it will be helpful, especially for people as forgetful as me.
Formula 1 - Silly Season, 2017-imageuploadedbyteambhp1490127317.793858.jpg

Courtesy google
shyn is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 11:58   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR
Lewis Hamilton could quit in the middle if 2017. This is if he looses motivation in the middle of the season, which means Ferrari are on top and he cannot win!
I don't see him racing in other categories to be honest. If he does leave he will be focusing on his music a lot I guess.

F1 faces the threat of losing Alonso and probably Hamilton at the end of this year. Ross Brawn and Liberty media have a lot of work cut out to get F1 back to being a desirable sport. Having Brawn at the helm of technical regulation could just be an incentive for both these star drivers to stick around.

Cant wait for the race weekend. Friday & Saturday practice sessions will be aired on Star Select HD 2.
Old 22nd March 2017, 12:52   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Jio TV would be a good option...
I downloaded the Jio TV app on my iPad. I tried playing the sports channels but its saying 'Item Not Avaliable' in the US store. I changed the region to India but still getting the same message.

Other Hindi channels are playing fine. Does anyone have any idea what i can do?

Edit: Did some digging around and found that for all Star channels, the Jio App looks for Hotstar app. I believe this integration is not complete yet. There are some older version apks floating around on the internet but i couldn't find a workaround for ipad

Last edited by naveenvenkatesh : 22nd March 2017 at 13:04.
Old 22nd March 2017, 16:30   #253
Senior - BHPian

Did Mercedes upgrade the Safety Car for 2017 to AMG GT-R?

Formula 1 - Silly Season, 2017-amg_7892.jpg

Now the 2017 F1 cars are wider, hence the safety car too.

Cheers!

Vinu

Last edited by myavu : 22nd March 2017 at 16:34.
myavu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 18:37   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Hot Star and Star Sports should show the feed from Channel 4 like last year.

For Brundle and the Sky team, we will have to use some streaming site.
You're right, I got confused.
Old 22nd March 2017, 22:57   #255
Senior - BHPian

A rather brilliant article on how the bigger and heavier tyres are affecting pit stops.

Excerpts:

Quote:
Although the increase in tyre weight (a front tyre has gone up from 8.5kg to 9.5kg, while the rear is 2kg heavier – coming in at almost 12kg now) are not enough to slow things down from a strength perspective, there are other consequences from the changes.

"A Williams pitstop involves 34 actions – so 34 things have to happen in the space of two seconds. And any one of those going wrong can stop you and delay the pitstop. "Of those 34 actions, 12 are affected by the bigger and heavier wheels...

One of the issues that Williams thought would impact the speed of the pitstop was the wider 2017 rims meaning the wheel nut is visible for less time as the car comes in for a stop...

But the limiting factor is actually the transition. From the moment the wheel is undone, it is getting that wheel off and putting the next one on. That is where we are seeing the extra time creeping in...

"It's because there are three people moving within a few centimetres of each other and this wheel is much, much wider than it was.

"So the clearances between the crew have to be more, they have to give each other more space and that adds a tenth or two.
source
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks