Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2017, 01:31   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: The 2017 MotoGP Thread

Fantastic race! Once Marquez took the lead he went on to a different level. Rossi is still the master of Sunday race, no matter where on the grid he starts from. Leading the championship at the age of 38, take a bow!
BlackPearl is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 09:00   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Fantastic race! Once Marquez took the lead he went on to a different level. Rossi is still the master of Sunday race, no matter where on the grid he starts from. Leading the championship at the age of 38, take a bow!
I agree! Marquez is unbeatable once he gets into his groove.

Rossi's strategies and his pace both are deceptive in nature. Never get to understand how he sets his laps and manages to ramp up his speeds at ease.

Here are the standings in the championship post yesterday's race -

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 659
Size:  61.1 KB

Cheers,
Amey

Last edited by Amey Kulkarni : 24th April 2017 at 09:10. Reason: Added words :)
Old 24th April 2017, 13:32   #48
Team-BHP Support

A question seeking an unbiased opinion, was the 0.3 second penalty to Rossi justified? It seemed that Rossi did have a definite advantage by cutting through the corner, but what could he have done under the circumstance? Thankfully it did not affect the race or the points.
Old 24th April 2017, 13:39   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A question seeking an unbiased opinion, was the 0.3 second penalty to Rossi justified? It seemed that Rossi did have a definite advantage by cutting through the corner, but what could he have done under the circumstance? Thankfully it did not affect the race or the points.
It may sound harsh, but I personally feel if Rossi had eased off the throttle when he went off the track, he would not have got the penalty. If you see, he gained an advantage by closing up really close to Marquez. However, if the 2nd place fight was close this would have stirred up a lot of debate.

Zarco gives a damn about reputation, he was going for it. He looks very impressive.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 13:44   #50
BHPian

Quote:
In my opinion and going by what I saw; Rossi was about to hit the apex where out of nowhere Zarco appears and Rossi touches Zarco un-intentionally.

The penalty would have been valid if Rossi would have intended to squeeze and corner Zarco by avoiding the racing line which was not the case.

Rossi had no option but to cut the track and move ahead.

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 14:37   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
In my opinion and going by what I saw; Rossi was about to hit the apex where out of nowhere Zarco appears and Rossi touches Zarco un-intentionally.

The penalty would have been valid if Rossi would have intended to squeeze and corner Zarco by avoiding the racing line which was not the case.

Rossi had no option but to cut the track and move ahead.

Cheers,
Amey
Zarco didnt 'appear out of nowhere'. Rossi ran a bit wide at turn 1 and Zarco had caught up by turn 2. He saw a gap at turn 3 and took the plunge as any racer worth his salt should. Rossi saw him right at the last sec on the apex and rightfully ran out of track to avoid crashing. No harm done.

Zarco is proving to be quite the alien material. He doesnt seem to give two squats about anybody's reputation and I love that. This year's Yamahas seem to have more acceleration at the exit and better at tyre management. If the 2018 yamahas are'nt that much faster than the 2017's then expect Zarco to ruffle some established alien bird feathers next season. If he can manage his tyres better towards the end of the race then I dont see why he cant be a regular podium contender even this season.
Old 24th April 2017, 15:50   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
Zarco didnt 'appear out of nowhere'. Rossi ran a bit wide at turn 1 and Zarco had caught up by turn 2. He saw a gap at turn 3 and took the plunge as any racer worth his salt should. Rossi saw him right at the last sec on the apex and rightfully ran out of track to avoid crashing. No harm done.
Rossi did not go out. In-order to gain more speed at turn 3, Rossi had went a little out and was hitting the apex while coming in where Zarco saw the opportunity inside and was trying to squeeze-in which was an improper overtake.

Basically, the racing line was not disturbed by Rossi because of which he shouldn't have been penalized.

Refer link - http://www.bikesportnews.com/news/ne...-shot-at-zarco

Cheers,
Amey
Old 24th April 2017, 16:24   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
Rossi did not go out. In-order to gain more speed at turn 3, Rossi had went a little out and was hitting the apex while coming in where Zarco saw the opportunity inside and was trying to squeeze-in which was an improper overtake.

Basically, the racing line was not disturbed by Rossi because of which he shouldn't have been penalized.

Refer link - http://www.bikesportnews.com/news/ne...-shot-at-zarco

Cheers,
Amey
What is an ' improper overtake'? there is no such thing in Moto Gp. This is'nt F1 where the overtakes are staged.

There is basically just two lines when it comes to racing in Motogp. The defensive line and the offensive line. Rossi should have known when Zarco had closed up right behind at turn 2 ( I am sure he would have as all of them know when a bike is right behind, they can hear it!) after running wide at turn 1 and should have taken the defensive line into turn 3 and blocked Zarco. Instead he chose the normal racing line and that allowed Zarco to take advantage. No body is entitled to any bit of the tarmac.

And I think the penalty was fair as Rossi surely must have noticed the two Hondas were right in front him once he rejoined the track as opposed to .5 or .6 secs 2 corners prior. But I dont know how one can slow down by exactly 0.3 secs though which is debatable.

And lastly Rossi is not known to play fair and its only fair that some one hands him the same dish he's served to so many in the past.

But still a commendable ride by the old man and I wish him all the best for this year's championship.
Old 24th April 2017, 16:49   #54
BHPian

I agree with you but the overtake wasn't possible at that stage where Zarco tried to push out Rossi. He could have waited a corner and took Rossi at the next one. If Rossi would have continued without cutting the track, a crash was definitely ON. But Zarco needs to chill a little. He is good but needs to understand the bike better and where to push. Qatar race was in his favour. Patience is the key.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 24th April 2017, 17:56   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
And I think the penalty was fair as Rossi surely must have noticed the two Hondas were right in front him once he rejoined the track as opposed to .5 or .6 secs 2 corners prior. But I dont know how one can slow down by exactly 0.3 secs though which is debatable.
This penalty was not supposed to taken on track. It would applied at the end of the race and mattered only if the next rider behind him finished within 0.3 seconds.
Circumstances leading to the penalty might be arguable, but the penalty is justified since he definitely gained by cutting across the track and did not slow down to nullify the advantage gained.
Old 24th April 2017, 18:34   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
This penalty was not supposed to taken on track. It would applied at the end of the race and mattered only if the next rider behind him finished within 0.3 seconds.
Circumstances leading to the penalty might be arguable, but the penalty is justified since he definitely gained by cutting across the track and did not slow down to nullify the advantage gained.
I am aware of that But my question was as to how he'd slow down to .3 secs or whatever he gained before they penalized him.
Old 25th April 2017, 08:09   #57
BHPian

I wonder, if the scenario was the opposite, had Rossi still managed to stay ahead of Zarco after the corner but lost 0.3 secs of the Hondas, would they have still penalized him?
I'm pretty sure most of us in this forum and others would be discussing more about this topic if Rossi finished behind Zarco. Thankfully, everything worked in his favor. I don't see anyone at fault here, Zarco tried to make the most of the opportunity, Rossi went wide and tried to correct his line, maybe was a forced correction to unsettle Zarco but correction nevertheless and in order to avoid a collision went off track and the 0.3 secs penalty was justified as it gave him an advantage with respect to Zarco and the Hondas.
Old 25th April 2017, 08:41   #58
Senior - BHPian

Zarco seems to be a promising talent. If not for his untimely crash in Argentina, he could have managed a much better position in the Championship standings. Rossi was spectacular (as always) and especially so in the last two laps when he overtook and then managed to pull the gap even wider to clinch the second place.

But yea, Circuit of the Americas is Marc's track and it still continues to be his fort
Old 25th April 2017, 21:54   #59
BHPian

Wayne Rainey seems very impressed by Vinales. He has some nice words for the young rider and goes to the extent of saying "I'm a fan of him". This, coming from a 3 time 500cc champ is an achievement in itself.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/244...i-vinales.html
badri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2017, 09:16   #60
BHPian

Repsol Honda 1-2 to begin from the front row with Dani and Marq at Herez

Thankfully, will be aired on Ten HD from 14:00 to 18:00 and in SD on Ten 3 from 14:00 to 19:00(?)
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks