Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2017, 09:16   #16
BHPian

The 2017 MotoGP Thread

After FP1, it's clear that Vinales is in a league of his own. He's .6 sec clear of world champion Marquez and nearly 1.5 seconds faster than team mate Rossi. Very impressive stuff. Rossi seems to have some set up issues and will surely pull back a second or so over next couple of sessions. I' m not sure if he can come close to Vinales pace though.

Last edited by badri : 24th March 2017 at 09:35.
Old 24th March 2017, 22:12   #17
BHPian

Re: The 2017 MotoGP Thread

A twist in the tail after FP2

Scott Redding leading the way. Dovizioso still strong as he has been throughout the sessions at second place and Jonas Folger fighting hard to claim the third spot.

Surprisingly, Moto2 2016 champion Johann Zarco making a debut at Motogp came forth.

Rossi steady at sixth.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 26th March 2017, 16:37   #18
Team-BHP Support

At what time will the race start today?
Old 26th March 2017, 17:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
At what time will the race start today?
I guess the lower classes (Moto3 & Moto2) starts at 8.15 PM IST & MotoGP starts at 11.30 PM IST.

Unfortunately it will be broadcasted live only on Ten 2, which is a non HD channel. Bummer!! :(
racingmachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2017, 19:52   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't see any listing for the race on any of the ten sports channels. Can someone tell me where it is on??
Old 26th March 2017, 20:03   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I don't see any listing for the race on any of the ten sports channels. Can someone tell me where it is on??
It's live on Ten 2.

That's channel no. 287 if you're on Airtel DTH.

Cheers!
racingmachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2017, 20:09   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post

It's live on Ten 2.

That's channel no. 287 if you're on Airtel DTH.

Cheers!
Thanks. Got it. The listing still shows some cricket highlight crap. Mad these guys are
Old 27th March 2017, 01:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

After much delay, the race started 45 min late due to weather conditions. At the start both the Yamaha got stuck in the middle, Vinales dropping from 1st to 5th and Rossi climbing up eventually to sixth. But it was the second half when both came on to their own and caught up with the leader, eventually finishing 1st and 3rd. Vinales taking home the trophy with Yamaha debut.
It looked as if it will be Forza Italia this day with Ferrari winning and Dovi leading the race for quite sometime. Last few laps kept exchanging the place with No. 25, giving it up on penultimate lap never to relinquish it again.
Zarco had a brilliant start, and with that pace podium was sure shot, maybe a win too. Leading upfront, the crash must have been heartbreaking.
New season, but same old MANIAC ! Looking strong crashed while chasing No. 93
Last but not the least, the reigning World Champion looked strong at the start, anyhow hanging in there in the top group. But slowly faded away only to somehow finish 4th just in front of team mate Pedrosa.

Special mention for Aleix Espargaro who finished a strong 6th for Aprilia. Also Lorenzo, who just keeps struggling.
fz_rider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 08:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Was so glad to see this!

The 2017 MotoGP Thread-motogpqatargp2017podium.jpg

New season, new leaders, but the old man to our right is still standing strong.

Well done Vinales!
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 09:19   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

That ducati is treating Lorenzo the same way as it did Vale.
With utter disdain!
All being said, I will not hold this race to be a foreboding. Too many variables came into play together. But The OlBoy up there, FANTASTIC!!!!
Old 27th March 2017, 11:52   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Good that the race finally happened after all that rain menace on Saturday and the threat even during the race.

Rossi got the podium by putting in a decent performance. But if you observe closely, the race pace set during practice was mid 1 min 55s however, the best in the race was 1 min 56.1 seconds. If it was the normal race pace, I doubt if Rossi could have held off the Hondas of Marquez and Pedrosa. Rossi needs to sort out the set up issues to be in the fight with race pace than the outside circumstances. He is a master of the Sunday Race and with the set up right, he will give a run for the money to the other riders around him

I am perplexed with Lorenzo who was so fast on Yamaha, but struggling on Ducati. Even the rookies are faster than him and their transition from Moto2 to Motogp seems bigger challenge than moving between different manufacturers in the Motogp class itself.

Argentina up next. Hope it is relayed on Ten HD channel than the non HD Ten Sports channels. I might go ahead with the Videopass which is lot better compared to any of these channels, but costs a good 10K for the year.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 22:46   #27
BHPian

Awesome race! For me stars of the race are Aleix Espargaro, Rossi and Vinales in that order. Rossi once again wore a magic hat on Sunday and put on a brilliant performance. Aleix, finishing 6th (and within catching distance of Hondas) is simply a superlative performance.

Vinales showed that he's got speed and a cool head to go with it. When he was down in 5th and Zarco was pulling away, he kept his cool and slowly picked off one rider after another. Championship material! One big change I noticed in Yamaha garage was the reactions of Ramon Forcada. Vinales inherited this brilliant crew chief from Lorenzo and he was instrumental in getting Vinales upto speed in all the tests. Ramon seems to be more enthusiastic and expressive around Vinales than he was with Lorenzo. Looks like arrival of Vinales bought a wave of energy and youthfulness at Yamaha.

While Lorenzo seems to struggle now I have no doubt that he will come up to speed in a few races. We can expect him to fight for Victory at Mugello.

We also see some new stars coming. Zarco was simply brilliant in the first few laps. Looks like he may grab a win or two this season. Folger too is impressive. Tech3 will have tough time holding onto them after their current contracts run out.
Old 29th March 2017, 17:07   #28
BHPian

I think Vale's problem this year is the softer carcass michelins and not any set-up issues with the Yamaha. He is struggling with braking and entry as the tyre squishes too much under braking. Although his pace on a used tyre is good he needs to be careful about Vinales running off at the front like Jorge in 2015.
Old 30th March 2017, 04:23   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are some interesting changes in some of the rules. One of the things is penalty points system.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2017/0...n-qatar/222671

2017_GP_Regulations_01.pdf

2017_FIM_STANDARDS_FOR_CIRCUITS.pdf
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 20:17   #30
BHPian

Qatar GP was my first live experience. Although rain spoiled the fun on Friday and Saturday, The atmosphere was electric on Sunday apart from tense moments due to rain just before race start.

Regarding race
Zarco has some potential, felt sorry for him when he crashed. Straight line acceleration of Ducatis - awesome. However Lorenzo is struggling even if it rains just before the race. Honda was struggling to keep up, hope they sort out the bike to make it more interesting.

Got chance to see and talk to some riders and technicians whom I have seen on TV only on Friday with paddock access. Waited 30 minutes for Rossi to turn up in paddock area

The 2017 MotoGP Thread-rossi1.png

The 2017 MotoGP Thread-whatsapp-image-20170324-10.36.33-pm.jpeg
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 MotoGP Thread-img_8819.jpg  

crazybiker46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks