Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2017, 08:19   #136
BHPian

Re: The 2017 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Marquez has surely been at a different altogether v/s competition but I was quite happy to see him blow his engine. The championship contention is again heating up and we've had four championship leaders during different times this season. Makes the whole equation really really exciting.
True! Being a Rossi fan. I jumped out of my seat to see the blow of Marquez Honda engine. But Dovi on his Ducati is in some form and rhythm.

The chances of Rossi and Vinyalez clinching the title are less with 2/3rds of races completed. But, surely Dovi and Marquez will be fighting for it and will go down to the wire.

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 01:42   #137
Senior - BHPian

Reports are suggesting Rossi has suffered a broken leg in an Enduro accident.

If true, he's likely to miss the next two races.

Source: http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/881...nduro-accident
Old 1st September 2017, 07:39   #138
Senior - BHPian

I think it will be more than two races.

The injuries have been sustained to the same leg that he previously broke in his high-speed practice crash at Mugello in 2010.

It is a shame really. The fight was going good this season.

God speed Rossi!
Old 1st September 2017, 09:52   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

With that injury, any hopes for the championship in 2017 is over. Or should I say the career? Zarco on the factory M1 will be a good option.
Old 1st September 2017, 11:10   #140
BHPian

Terrible terrible news. Hard to blame him though. He gives it his everything to be competitive even after acquiring so much. Wish him speedy recovery. They say he's going to miss atleast 3 races. Vinales is the guy now for Yam. Wonder who'll replace VR during these three races.... Zarco? Don't think so. Maybe their test rider Nakasuga....
Old 2nd September 2017, 01:12   #141
Senior - BHPian

Doctor who operated on "The Doctor" says he'll need 30 to 40 days to recover enough to get back on a MotoGP bike.

That means, he might just make it to the race at Motegi. Which is the first of three continuous race weekends.

Source: http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/881...ays-to-recover
Old 10th September 2017, 18:55   #142
BHPian

Fantastic final lap by Marc Marquez in San Marino.

Sad to see an Italian rider or Italian bike fail to finish 1st.

Dovi seemed like he was not very happy with his bike. I personally felt he was doing great half way through the race and probably would give a chase for the 1st place considering how well Lorenzo was doing before he crashed out.

PS - Sucks for local fans not to see Rossi race.
Old 10th September 2017, 19:12   #143
BHPian

For the first time this season, I felt that Lorenzo had a good chance for a win. Guess he pushed it too much. However, he seemed pretty cool while watching the race after the crash and even winked at the camera. Looks like he is happy with himself despite the crash. He is gaining confidence with bike and is coming close to being competitive. We will have more to see from him in the coming races.

Marquez was pure masterclass today. He had a big miss in the early laps and almost crashed. Anyone else would have treaded safely from then on. Not Marquez. His
all out approach to chase down Petrucci rather than settling for a safe second is what separates champions from the rest.
badri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 21:13   #144
BHPian

Yet again, fans jeer Marquez.

This is what he had to say.

“This honestly makes me sad because the podium I can understand, but what I cannot understand is when you crash the grandstand cheers,” said Marquez.

“This is something that when we crash, we are riding 300kph there in the track, we are pushing the limit, our life is there and we can get injured.

“I hope that in the future, minimum my fans never do this with any rider because the feeling is not nice.”

Source: http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/882...andstand-jeers

Last edited by badri : 10th September 2017 at 21:21.
Old 10th September 2017, 23:23   #145
BHPian

VR fans disgust the sport. Everyone in the paddock will be glad to see them go whenever their man retires. This sadistic mindset is pretty much evident in every fan of his. Cheering high speed crashes. I heard a loud applause when Jorge went down today much to my surpsrise but then I realised this is Misano of course. Misano already a crap track made worse by this behaviour should be taken off the calendar. Bring back Spa-Francorchamps.

May be if they start booing their own rider for once then may be just maybe he can start winning again.

But Marquez today went for it just to add insult to injury. Literally. At 'his' home home track in front of his fans. Talk about rubbing it in.

Last edited by MonsterPatrol : 10th September 2017 at 23:24.
Old 11th September 2017, 15:05   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
Let's just agree Marc was more daring of the lot. He pulled it off. And he won it. Like he does every time in most flag to flag races. What's amazing to see is this "Marc Marquez" who hardly has 4 years of experience racing in the top class keeps outsmarting all the so called 'legends' and 'goats' of the game time and again. Marquez simply put is the best mixed conditions rider there has ever been. At age 24, with 5 world champions already in the bag and the 6th probably on its way, let's just anoint him as the GOAT already and get done with it LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
VR fans disgust the sport. Everyone in the paddock will be glad to see them go whenever their man retires. This sadistic mindset is pretty much evident in every fan of his. Cheering high speed crashes. I heard a loud applause when Jorge went down today much to my surpsrise but then I realised this is Misano of course. Misano already a crap track made worse by this behaviour should be taken off the calendar. Bring back Spa-Francorchamps.

May be if they start booing their own rider for once then may be just maybe he can start winning again.

But Marquez today went for it just to add insult to injury. Literally. At 'his' home home track in front of his fans. Talk about rubbing it in.
In my humble opinion, the underlined text of your above posts undermines MM93's achievements and stature.
Taking absolutely nothing away from Marquez, its a bit of an apologetic state of affairs when a relatively laggard under achieving Rossi becomes a direct one point reference for comparison Marq's triumphs in order to justify or seal the MM93's greatness.

Last edited by manson : 11th September 2017 at 15:06.
manson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 15:22   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Taking absolutely nothing away from Marquez, its a bit of an apologetic state of affairs when a relatively laggard under achieving Rossi becomes a direct one point reference for comparison Marq's triumphs in order to justify or seal the MM93's greatness.
That is the only Rossi he may be capable of beating.
Anyway, I think the insecure lot's wishes may have been granted. VR is out of the championship, and I believe that next year may just be too much for him to make another attempt. What with the rise of the Ducati's and JLo showing clear pace and coming to terms with it. Zarco may rise as well. All that combined with his age and a mind which is not able to tackle the recklessness of MM and their ilk, we just may see the great man retire with his unbeatable records.

Last edited by mayankk : 11th September 2017 at 15:27.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 16:01   #148
BHPian

If you think about it, how boring would MotoGP have been, if Marquez didn't arrive after Casey Stoner's retirement!
It's great for the sport to have star performers coming in when others retire or are in the twilight 😀
Marquez rode brilliantly, with carbon brakes and with reduced visibility (water spray until the last lap).
With six races to go, the championship is in an exciting phase.
aamateen46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 17:15   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
In my humble opinion, the [u]underlined
'In my humble opinion' is a surprisingly decent way for a VR fan to begin. I've got so familiar with the boos and the jeering.... Good on you mate.
MonsterPatrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 20:24   #150
BHPian

This guy is just nuts
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 MotoGP Thread-img_3935.jpg  

Last edited by MonsterPatrol : 11th September 2017 at 20:26.
MonsterPatrol is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks