Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2021, 23:28   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Formula 1 | 2021 Brazil Grand Prix | Interlagos | 12-14 November, 2021

The undercut is worth 3+ seconds! Hamilton could've jumped Verstappen in the stops if Ricciardo wasn't in the way.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 23:55   #32
BHPian

- Disqualified from qualifying
- Starts #F1Sprint last
- P20 > P5
- 5 place grid drop for the race
- P10 > P1

What a drive from Lewis Hamilton 👏
sathya.bhat is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 23:59   #33
Senior - BHPian

That Mercedes engine is doing wonders for Lewis. What a drive! Redbull should take a new engine now and keep it with them to use at Jeddah. It's going to be really important to have the straight line speed.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 01:19   #34
Team-BHP Support

What a fantastic race!

There's probably two drivers in this generation I'd back without hesitation to do the improbable: Hamilton and Alonso.

The form book is worth very little this year, eh? Both Merc and Red Bull have done well at tracks they were expected not to. Even accounting for a little fresh motor power bump on car#44, Merc was clearly the superior car here after being clearly behind at Mexico. Bottas with an older unit still kept Verstappen at bay in the sprint.

How many form swings is that now? The commentators who were claiming it's insurmountable when Verstappen has 32 points over Hamilton mid-season must feel pretty silly now. Lead gone in 2 races, clawed back again, and it's swinging Merc's way yet again. Great for the neutral, not so much for the committed fans maybe.

If Hamilton and Verstappen finish 1-2 the next two races and neither of them gets fastest lap, we could have a season finale one-off straight fight. What a prospect!

P.S. Ricciardo retiring with power unit issues must be a concern. These Merc lumps aren't feeling bulletproof for the first time in the hybrid era.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th November 2021 at 01:23.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 01:45   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hamilton has broken Max’s sprit today, I feel this is the turn around and Mercedes/Hamilton are going to win both championships.

I don’t even remember when the black and white flag was last waved at anybody in Formula 1. Max cracked wide open under pressure, that was the craziest and most lousy thing to do on the straight. Max weaved two to three times across the track, dangerous driving and the signs of a loser.

Earlier I said let the better man win, but with this type of behaviour I hope Hamilton and Mercedes sweep both titles.

Magnificent display of will and skill from Hamilton

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 15th November 2021 at 01:47.
Cyborg is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 02:17   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I am still waiting for Max onboard. Pretty sure Lewis wasn't falling for it again. Even in silverstone, Max turned into Lewis. This is not the first time he has been weaving like crazy.
aim120 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 02:49   #37
BHPian

Oh Man, what a race. As a RB fan I was very disappointed in Perez and his capabilities to overtake or to defend.

As I had said earlier as well, the Merc of Lewis was astonishingly faster with that new power unit.
A right circuit for the Mercedes to take that penalty, short circuit with opportunity to overtake.

Yes, Max did everything in his capacity to stop Lewis, but there was a clear advantage with Lewis of the faster car.

I wouldn't still agree that Lewis is a better driver as stick to Max as Max did not crash out Lewis like Silverstone.

This is my personal opinion.
iamahunter is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 07:05   #38
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic race! Brazil and Lewis – never fail to bring something special, 20th to 5th (and then 10th) to P1! And it was good to see the ever gracious and amicable Massa doing the interview honors.
Old 15th November 2021, 07:08   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, take a bow Hamilton. There was something determined about the way he said "it's not over yet" yesterday after the sprint. But man o man did he finish off the boy in the race. Absolute, total, annihilation, in the car and in the head. 20 places made up in the course of one weekend!!

This max fella is a one trick horse, isn't he, anytime a hint of a threat appears. Squeeze. That's it. Brainless, and an all or nothing type. But Hamilton sure pounded him back yesterday.

Perez had a fair race too, taking that last lap point. That was never going to come to merc while they were 1 and 3 in any case. I do think there's going to be some visible friction between Perez and the boy in the future. Waiting...

What a champion, Lewis! Got in there and messed things up royally!!!
mayankk is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 08:28   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

Perez had a fair race too, taking that last lap point. That was never going to come to merc while they were 1 and 3 in any case. I do think there's going to be some visible friction between Perez and the boy in the future. Waiting...

What a champion, Lewis! Got in there and messed things up royally!!!
Yeah, especially Perez asked for DRS from Max and there was no visible attempt from RB to help him out when Lewis was pounding on him. I am pretty sure this would have let his spirits down.

Still waiting for Max's onboard on the corner.
Old 15th November 2021, 08:42   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Take a bow, Hamilton. Man, on a mission indeed. What a wonderful race. Verstappen give it everything he had but he (and the car) was no match for the champion.

On a different note, Checo is going from strength to strength. I don't blame him not being able to hold of Hamilton (but that reverse overtaking - what a brilliant move). And getting that fastest lap (point) in the end. Forget 2021, 2022 is going to be the year of Red Bull for sure. And Checo is going to play a strong role in that I believe. Inspite of Russell's move.

Side note: There's an interesting article on F1.com with comments from Massa on the 2008 F1 calendar on how Hamilton took the championship from Massa on the last lap of the last race. His views on Hamilton ring a strong connect in Hamilton's yesterday's performance. It'll be worthy to see how his words come true (or not) over the last few races.
ninjatalli is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 09:45   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnram View Post
Yeah, especially Perez asked for DRS from Max and there was no visible attempt from RB to help him out when Lewis was pounding on him. I am pretty sure this would have let his spirits down...
Wasn't doable, undercut was too strong in the first stint. As it was, Merc nearly got Hamilton the jump on Verstappen after the first stop, but lost time trailing Ricciardo.

If the Red Bulls were running within a second of each other and Hamilton got DRS, he probably would've jumped both Red Bulls on track before the first pitstops.

The Merc was clearly the superior car this weekend, and Red Bull did well to stay ahead however long they did. Checo is a great wheel-to-wheel racer and will be very handy if the next generation of cars allow better close racing as claimed.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 10:08   #43
BHPian

Not a Lewis fan but that was a masterclass from him. That Merc is a rocket ship on straights and bodes well for the rest of the races for them.

The decisions from Stewards are debatable and feels like they made fool of themselves. It was a very dirty move from Max IMO.

Mclaren is losing ground against resurgent Ferrari. that engine upgrade is propelling them to the 3rd spot in WCC.
Senna_sempre is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 10:44   #44
BHPian

Each time when a last place car comes on top, it makes you wonder what the others are doing actually? It was a true masterclass. Max seemed out of his comfort zone for once, this season very rarely has he been hunted down and beaten like this. Spectacular drive by Lewis. The third place is becoming very competitive and it looks like Ferrari have woken up from their slumber. Should be an interesting season finish.
clementw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 11:26   #45
BHPian

The win last night was simply put humiliated Redbull. When Max went ahead in Mexico and won by 20 something seconds, I really thought Redbull was quite ahead in the championship. Mercedes has come back with a bang, the qualifying debacle aside they have done a mega job to close the gap. It begs the question how they acheived it. I cant beleive 1 week, new engine has made such a massive change. Obviously the Merc techinical team headed by James is brilliant, but Adrian Newey is no slough either.

This is going to be a spectacular race to the finish, can Max hold his nerves needs to be seen. Imagine what would have happened if his tires didnt give up in Baku and he could have had a points finish in silverstone! can they be a deciding factor?

The next 3 races will be an advantage to Mercedes, all of them have long straights and the Mercs have a distinct straight line advantage. I hope the redbulls can find the answer and deliver it to Max who has simply done a great job.
ramgkulkarni is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks