Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2007, 04:21   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
whooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaa amazing result. kimi beat all odds.
where are the mclaren fanboys who seem to havegone into hiding???????
just kidding, peace.

excellent job ferrari. i love it
the other is right here ... definitely wanted the rookie to win it but wasn't to be !! Today was Ferraris day right from the beginning as the mclaren wasn't a team at all .... I mean we know how massa let Kimi win and if the cry baby wanted to be a team man -- he could have spun out in the last lap giving Hamilton 6th and the title as well !!!

I kept hoping he might surprise all for a change but then again wasn't to be .... Wish his career goes into a downhill trip just like JV's did !!! The only good thing in Alonso was that he didn't let MS go out with another title but since then ............ !!

Waiting for next year ... Hamilton shall reign Im sure , though Im sure he would have rather tasted victory this season specially as it would have gone down in the record books !!

Cheers

PS -- The best moment though was the painful incident of the crew getting knocked over during pitting by the first timer
Old 22nd October 2007, 05:22   #32
BHPian

hold on boys this thing isn't over yet,BMW Sauber and Williams teams, fuel samples from the cars failed post-race scrutineering checks. if DQed this will give LW few more points then Kimi.

Formula 1 : News Interlagos - F1-Live.com
Old 22nd October 2007, 06:15   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarenracer View Post
hold on boys this thing isn't over yet,BMW Sauber and Williams teams, fuel samples from the cars failed post-race scrutineering checks. if DQed this will give LW few more points then Kimi.

Formula 1 : News Interlagos - F1-Live.com
kimi declared as winner by stewards. They are not penalizing the team for fuel irregularities.
Old 22nd October 2007, 06:57   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanh_hunt View Post
Advice for Ron Dennis, If you cant control your drivers then you should not be the Manager of the team.
Rather unwarranted comment, that.
What do you know about Ron Dennis?

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd October 2007 at 07:07.
Old 22nd October 2007, 07:24   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh excellent I'm extremely pleased!
Old 22nd October 2007, 07:43   #36
Senior - BHPian

If either Alonso or Hamilton had won, it would have been a hard fought and truly deserving championship for them because they were fighting it all alone.

In Kimi's case he used team orders on two occasions to take positions from Massa and gain a points advantage. Sorry, but I'm not feelin' it for Kimi and I simply dont like this team orders nonsense. Its not in the spirit of the sport.

Last edited by Mpower : 22nd October 2007 at 07:46.
Old 22nd October 2007, 08:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

Well..AMAZING race..had us glued till the end of the race..and KIMI was SUPERB, mature and controlled in his driving..

Wonder where alonso is going to go..After all the crying..

Anyways now for a patient six months and to await Force India F1 team..
Old 22nd October 2007, 08:50   #38
BHPian

Kimi confirmed 2007 champ

KR was confirmed the champ late Sunday, after the stewards decided not to penalise Williams and BMW teams for their irregular fuel samples.

F1-Live
Old 22nd October 2007, 08:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

Actually one has to stop and feel for McLaren and Hamilton as it was a stupid realibility issue and not on track racing that cost him the championship!

Last edited by aseem : 22nd October 2007 at 08:52.
Old 22nd October 2007, 09:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

Lets look forward for 2008.
Old 22nd October 2007, 09:26   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Who would have thought? Three races back? I mean....it was always a duel between Fonso and Hamilton. In fact, Hamilton was almost certain to clinch the title in the previous GP if it wernt for that silly error on entering the pits. But then, his performance in the last two races was dismal. Hamilton made an error and paid a serious price for it. As they say, the race aint over till its over.

Well done to Kimi, what with 6 (and the most) wins in this season.
Old 22nd October 2007, 09:29   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
If either Alonso or Hamilton had won, it would have been a hard fought and truly deserving championship for them because they were fighting it all alone.

In Kimi's case he used team orders on two occasions to take positions from Massa and gain a points advantage. Sorry, but I'm not feelin' it for Kimi and I simply dont like this team orders nonsense. Its not in the spirit of the sport.
Lol! You really dislike Ferrai Mpower don't you?

Anyways the truth be told I agree somewhat to the comments above. However it is my take that the better team won. McLarens did not work as a team. Alonso has to be the most ugly competitor in the game right now going by the way he brake tested his teammate. It was ugly. And the delight on the mans face was evident. As the commentator rightly said that it is probably because Alonso would rather have had Kimi winning that Hamilton winning.
Old 22nd October 2007, 09:46   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Rather unwarranted comment, that.
What do you know about Ron Dennis?
IMHO not all that unwarranted! A managers job, above all is to manage his team. If you end up not talking to a member of the team you have failed to do your job. I agree that probably a major share of the blame lies with Alonso but then it is Ron's job to ensure harmony in the team and he should have gone out of his way to make up with Alonso rather than making it publicly known (yesterday's race commentator said this) that he is not on speaking terms with Alonso.

Again I reiterate that probably Alonso is to be majorly blamed for this, but Ron too takes a part of the blame.

But I feel for him. Quite an affable chap IMHO and he would be devastated to see none of his drivers win the championship. Imagine McLaren sporting numbers 21 and 22 on their cars next year
Old 22nd October 2007, 09:49   #44
BHPian

I used to be a Hamilton fan until he started making statements like "I feel I was born to become the world champion".

It just didn't sound right and was a sure sign of an imminent disaster.

:(
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:31   #45
BHPian

Awesome, a fitting way to end one of the closest and best fought world championships. If you ignore all the politics and off-track drama, this will be one to remember for the ages.

In the end, we had a deserving winner. Once he got into his stride, he was the fastest and most consistent driver of all. It's amazing to think that he was 17 points behind Hamilton and got 18 points more than him in the last two races. Hats off to you Kimi.

The other person who really impressed me this year was Alonso. His ability to put everything else that happened out of mind and still come so close to winning is mind-boggling. As a die-hard Schumi fan, I was always a little cold to him, but over this year, I have grown to like him a lot. Of course, the overactive British media (which is the source for a lot of the English F1 coverage) which was obsessed with elevating Hammy to demi-god and painting him as a modern Satan did its bit to change my opinion.

It was also notable that many of the future stars of F1 came forward to impress. Kubica, Vettel, Rosberk, Hiekki, Sutil, they all have a bright future ahead.

The highlight of the season for me, was not in the F1 race itself, it was at Spa in the GP2 race which Karun Chandok won. To hear the Indian national anthem is something I will never forget for the rest of my life.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks