Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2007, 13:44   #106
Team-BHP Support

Bah. Hamilton is a good politician and has been in training for this since childhood! He knows exactly how to play the media and public to come out looking like Mr. Nice Guy. I don't buy all this Saint Hamilton stuff.
Old 23rd October 2007, 13:48   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Bah. Hamilton is a good politician and has been in training for this since childhood! He knows exactly how to play the media and public to come out looking like Mr. Nice Guy. I don't buy all this Saint Hamilton stuff.
Good one RT! Yeah, its all stage managed I think - at least that's been the pattern throughout the year for him.

By the way, you all saw how he overtook Rubens B didn't you? Am I alone in thinking that any other driver may have even earned a drive through penalty for dangerous driving ?
Old 23rd October 2007, 15:40   #108
BHPian

Congrats Kimi, you da man.
Old 23rd October 2007, 17:56   #109
BHPian

irrespective of what mclaren thinks and the on the race track brouhaha - ferrari is already claiming kimi as champion in thousands of emails sent to subscribers of ferrari store.

Heres a linky of the email they sent me today
Ferrari

Wonder if they will send a recall in the next email, if kimi is stripped of title that'll be odd. Mclaren had better back off and move onto next season. Alonso is right its a shame if hami wins in the court instead of on the track!!
Old 23rd October 2007, 18:45   #110
BHPian

Even if FIA finds the two teams guilty , my 2 paise of the verdict ..

Teams BMW & Williams will be stripped of their constructor points , driver points will remain unchanged , and no change to the championship .....Take that Mclaren a taste of your own medicine
Old 23rd October 2007, 19:22   #111
Senior - BHPian

Well Star Sports Formula One coverage is sponsored by Johnny Walker / Mobil / Vodafode. So its no surprise that they don't talk much about the spy thingy and they show a lotttt of McLaren in their shows.
Old 23rd October 2007, 19:58   #112
BHPian

Kimi all the way.... But i will wait till Maclaren appeal is void by FIA/Appeals council
Old 23rd October 2007, 20:24   #113
BANNED

Way to go Kimi! Go Kimi! Go Kimi!

I am just too excited and happy to express anything in words right now.
wooooohooooo!
Long live Schuderia Ferrari F1 Team - The greatest and the most successful F1 Team ever
Old 23rd October 2007, 20:35   #114
BHPian

Kudos to Kimi!!!

KIMI THE CHAMPION... I MUST SAY THE DESERVING CHAMPION!!!

Wow...its great..the one who was the rank outsider for the world championship has snatched it in ne of the best races u will ever see in ur life time....

His speed was awsome n not to mention his control n temperament...Now wonder is known as the ICE MAN....

But i wud like to differ from the opinions sum of the member made here about how vital a part Massa palyed for Kimi to take the title...

Guys if u had seen the entire race u wudnt have said such a comment....Massa never gave an inch to kimi all through the race we he was n the lead....

Three stunning laps from kimi wen massa tuk the second pitstop was wat led to d change in the positions..absolute storming three laps by Kimi and he got the lead...

i dnt thnk its fair to say Massa helped him in this race to be the champion....

IT WAS ALL KIMI AND KIMI ALONE!!!!!!
Old 23rd October 2007, 20:52   #115
BHPian

was a great race but I guess the best ever should be Spa (Hungary)..I guess a couple of years back on wet conditions..and yeah..who else..Schumi won that..
Old 23rd October 2007, 22:36   #116
BHPian

what about the start when massa blocked hami so that kimi came in behind him
Old 23rd October 2007, 22:51   #117
BHPian

okie i agree maybe massa was just a bit slow off the start which gave kimi enough time to catch up and take hami down the turn
Old 24th October 2007, 02:21   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
I don't buy all this Saint Hamilton stuff.
Hey come on guys, give the kid a break. Maybe he is being genuine about it. I surely would not like to be called world champ on a technicality after images like this are plastered all over the web.

He would not want to be hated by F1 fans in his first season itself.

I think even Hamilton deserved it after driving the pants off the older boys. If not for his immature, inexperienced move to defend 3rd place and also the gear box error, he would have been the world champ.

As for Alonso (who used to be in my good books)... He surely did not have the spirit of a champion. To ask for his teammates car to be slowed down was the most pathetic sports strategy / statement I have heard.

They should kick him out of Mclaren and next year Hami Vs Kimi would be another nice season to look forward to. Either way it would be interesting.

Unbelievable season and I doubt if we will ever see a closer and more unpredictable end to a season.

F1 is entertaining again !!
Old 24th October 2007, 05:54   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I am sure we will have an indian driver, driving one of the cars.
Cheers!
We will have an Indian team, but I'm not so sure of an Indian driver. I would like any Indian driver in F1 to do well rather than just be there to make up the numbers and woo our huge market. On current evidence, we don't have such a driver.

Narain is past it and I don't think Karun Chandok is ready yet. Give him another year in GP2 before you push him into F1. In parallel, Mallya must identify some bright talent from our local series and nurture them by sponsoring them through the more competitive series in Europe.
Old 24th October 2007, 17:51   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
We will have an Indian team, but I'm not so sure of an Indian driver. I would like any Indian driver in F1 to do well rather than just be there to make up the numbers and woo our huge market. On current evidence, we don't have such a driver.

Narain is past it and I don't think Karun Chandok is ready yet. Give him another year in GP2 before you push him into F1. In parallel, Mallya must identify some bright talent from our local series and nurture them by sponsoring them through the more competitive series in Europe.
Do you expect an Indian driver to do well in bottom rung teams? Gimme a break! The fact is.. we have only 1 driver who has ever driven a F1 car and its huge achievement by the man in question.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks