Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who do you think will wear the motogp 2009 crown?
Dani Pedrosa 2 2.53%
Andrea Dovizioso 0 0%
Colin Edwards 0 0%
Chris Vermeulen 0 0%
Casey Stoner 7 8.86%
Valentino Rossi 68 86.08%
James Toseland 0 0%
Sete Gibernau 0 0%
Loris Capirossi 0 0%
Nicky Hayden 2 2.53%
Jorge Lorenzo 0 0%
Any Other... 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:36   #196
BHPian

Rossi always comes up with something for his victory celebration. Let see how big he can make it this year.
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:28   #197
kunal781

Lorenzo is fastest in FP1 followed by Stoner

Name Lap time Km/hr
Jorge LORENZO 2'02.180 303.541

Casey STONER 2'02.244 307.955

Dani PEDROSA 2'02.758 309.455

Valentino ROSSI 2'02.864 305.862

Notice how Lorenzo goes slowest in straight line @ 303.541km/hr but still si the fastest around the track

Old 23rd October 2009, 17:38   #198
BHPian

Kunal : NOT much of a difference i guess, because all are in 2'02's, so i guess its going to be a close race once the QP is over and the pole positions are set. what say?
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:44   #199
kunal781

Well the timings and speed only mean that Lorenzo is on a better setup already while the others will continue fine tuning in sat practice.

But that top speed of Dani worries me, he is the best at starts and watch this, he will take lead till eh is overtaken before lap 2

But if he is not, then he will win this one like Indianapolis.

Rossi has said 'I will ride for the championship' and 'a few friends from italy are here (Sepang) alongwith the fan club' so he is aiming for those 12 points! yay!

Boy I cant wait for tomorrows QP!

Old 24th October 2009, 09:50   #200
kunal781

FP2 results are totally different from FP1, though Dani continues to have to highest top speed. Looks like the RC212V is still the king of bikes, sadly Vale is not on top of it.

Rider Time km/h
Dani PEDROSA 2'01.427 314.318
Valentino ROSSI 2'01.446 309.544
Casey STONER 2'01.485 309.988
Jorge LORENZO 2'01.804 309.189

Lap times have come down too

Lets see who can beat the 2'00 barrier!

Old 24th October 2009, 15:06   #201
kunal781

Sepang QP results:

1) Valentino Rossi 2'00.518
2) Jorge Lorenzo 2'01.087
3) Dani Pedrosa 2'01.254
4) Casey Stoner 2'01.455

Valentino Rossi has equaled the all time pole position record in GP racing by taking pole at Sepang today

Old 25th October 2009, 13:55   #202
Senior - BHPian

Champion for the 9th time! Doctor rules
Old 25th October 2009, 15:27   #203
BHPian

Rossi is 9th time world champion .. Time to party!!
Old 25th October 2009, 22:49   #204
BHPian

Friends,

A stunning drive from Jorge Lorenzo sees him home in 4th after being made to start from the back of the grid in the Malaysian GP. Seems that he was not on time to take his place on the front row at the start of the race. This guy will definitely go places, I'm sure. It is only a matter of time before he is crowned the world champion
Old 25th October 2009, 22:58   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akadian View Post
Friends,

A stunning drive from Jorge Lorenzo sees him home in 4th after being made to start from the back of the grid in the Malaysian GP. Seems that he was not on time to take his place on the front row at the start of the race. This guy will definitely go places, I'm sure. It is only a matter of time before he is crowned the world champion
Lorenzo is no doubt very talented, however today's drive is not his best. Yes, he started off last, but with superior machinery, rain, and nothing to lose situation, he came upto 7th or 8th in the first few laps. In fact he was leading Rossi for a few laps. However, Rossi was easily able to follow and then he overtook and never looked back. Lorenzo didn't even challenge Rossi once after that.
Old 26th October 2009, 10:38   #206
kunal781

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Lorenzo is no doubt very talented, however today's drive is not his best. Yes, he started off last, but with superior machinery, rain, and nothing to lose situation, he came upto 7th or 8th in the first few laps. In fact he was leading Rossi for a few laps. However, Rossi was easily able to follow and then he overtook and never looked back. Lorenzo didn't even challenge Rossi once after that.
True, Lorenzo did not challenge Rossi much after being overtaken.
But if you think of it, none of the riders could were fortunate enough to have a wet practice session i.e. no one knew what the conditions would be like when it started raining. So no bike-setup for wet was actually derived from practice.

On top of that Lorenzo no. 1 bike refused to start, the spare bike was used. Not that they are different, but whilst the mechanics were at changing the engine mapping things were taking longer than expected and lorenzo had to start from the back.

Being a wet race, it was anyones race. Could had been Lorenzo if he was on the front row. Not loosing his cool at any moment was very essential as another first corner mistake was not what the team wants.

The point is, Valentino Rossi is for sure the greatest rider of all times, a living legend and I am loving every piece of action. But no one ever has given Rossi such a tough fight for the championship right from the beginning of the race. So dont be surprised if he wins the 2010 title.

Old 26th October 2009, 10:51   #207
JVH
Senior - BHPian

I agree Lorenzo could be the next big thing in Moto GP. He has got serious pace and next season should be interesting.

But he falls too easily. Don't you guys think so?
Old 26th October 2009, 11:03   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal781 View Post
True, Lorenzo did not challenge Rossi much after being overtaken.
But if you think of it, none of the riders could were fortunate enough to have a wet practice session i.e. no one knew what the conditions would be like when it started raining. So no bike-setup for wet was actually derived from practice.

On top of that Lorenzo no. 1 bike refused to start, the spare bike was used. Not that they are different, but whilst the mechanics were at changing the engine mapping things were taking longer than expected and lorenzo had to start from the back.

Being a wet race, it was anyones race. Could had been Lorenzo if he was on the front row. Not loosing his cool at any moment was very essential as another first corner mistake was not what the team wants.

The point is, Valentino Rossi is for sure the greatest rider of all times, a living legend and I am loving every piece of action. But no one ever has given Rossi such a tough fight for the championship right from the beginning of the race. So dont be surprised if he wins the 2010 title.
Lorenzo is no doubt a champion in waiting. But in my opinion, his performance yesterday was not stunning.

By the way, 250cc race was extremely close with championship contenders Aoyama and Simoncelli exchanging positions a number of times, eventually with Aoyama winning the race and Simoncelli finishing 3rd (lost second place in a photo finish). I feel that Hiroshi Aoyama performance was stunning and heard that he is going to be in motogp next season. Going by yesterday's performance alone, I guess he might also turn out to be a great racer.

regards
tifosi.
Old 26th October 2009, 11:08   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
I agree Lorenzo could be the next big thing in Moto GP. He has got serious pace and next season should be interesting.

But he falls too easily. Don't you guys think so?
Hi JVH,

I feel that Lorenzo has always given Rossi a very tough time in many races this season. So, saying that he falls easily would not be correct, IMO. In fact, in several races this season they have exchanged positions multiple number of times. Not only has Lorenzo got beaten by Rossi over the last few laps several times but he has handed the same medicine back to the doctor a couple of times at least this season. Next season is definitely going to be very interesting, IMHO
Old 26th October 2009, 11:15   #210
kunal781

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Lorenzo is no doubt a champion in waiting. But in my opinion, his performance yesterday was not stunning.

By the way, 250cc race was extremely close with championship contenders Aoyama and Simoncelli exchanging positions a number of times, eventually with Aoyama winning the race and Simoncelli finishing 3rd (lost second place in a photo finish). I feel that Hiroshi Aoyama performance was stunning and heard that he is going to be in motogp next season. Going by yesterday's performance alone, I guess he might also turn out to be a great racer.

regards
tifosi.
Oh the 250cc race was hugely exciting and entertaining, the battle between Hiroshi Aoyama and Marco Simonchelli was definitely a sneak preview of whats to come in motogp next season

Yes, Hiroshi is joining motogp and so are Simonchelli and Bautista

and the WSBK champion Ben spies will replace James Toseland from Valencia.

But as the rules say, rookie cant join factory teams, hence they all are going to ride a satellite team bike and that takes away atleast 'some' if not a lot of performance from the bike.

Also Lorenzo already has 2 years experience in the top motogp team.

Now I cant wait for 2010 season even though the last race of 09 isnt over!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks