Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2009, 23:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

The name Formula1 has great history and value! The way the sport has earned matured and popularity is mind blowing. I guess we need to show little respect for the sport!

But if its about a driver proving his worth, there is GP2 & many other junior Formula championships for that. Well drivers proving their worth specific to a country, A1GP is there to watch. In GP2 or A1GP or any junior formula championships there are 2 championships to be won. The Drivers Championship & Team Championship.

But, it is only in F1 that you have Constructor Championship. Since the word Constructor makes sense in F1. And its special.

And Ferrari has a good history of being the only team to be in F1 right from the start of Formula1. Enzo Ferrari went into road car production only to bring revenue for his investment in Formula1. So great is the history of Ferrari in F1.

It is not going to be easy days for Bernie & Max without Ferrari.

I am sure I wont talk about F1 if Ferrari were to go out in 2010!
Old 13th May 2009, 00:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

First thing these guys need to do instead of going about with the budget cap is, set the rules straight with no loopholes for all the teams. Set certain specifications for the car which all the teams should comply with. They didn't do that this season, they left loopholes and thats why teams like BrawnGP totally exploited them to the max (it was really great thinking in their part) and now they're on top while the other teams are left to catch up with them.

Either they should have ban/legalized the DD before the season started instead of thinking about it and taking actions after 2races from the start of the season.
Old 13th May 2009, 09:32   #18
BHPian

Can budget capping work?

The FIA’s Tony Purnell has admitted that £30m (the original proposed budget limit) is the minimum they calculate an F1 team can be run for. A sensible solution to get to that limit would involve the teams gradually cutting their expenditure from one year to the next.

Instead Mosley has chosen the route of maximum antagonism - demanding teams slash their budgets by 90% overnight to hit a £40m limit (excluding marketing fees and driver salaries).

But all that pre-supposes that budget capping is feasible to begin with.

The FIA cannot demand that all F1 teams adhere to a budget cap as it cannot legally assume the right to inspect their finances. That’s why it has adopted the ‘two-tier’ solution - offering teams that voluntarily choose the budget cap massive performance advantages.

But the teams were never going to accept such an obvious manipulation of the rules without a fight.

It is hard to believe Mosley would seriously be happy with driving Ferrari away.

At the same meeting where the budget cap was announced the FIA confirmed it would ban in-race refuelling from 2010. The teams had lobbied hard for this because of the cost of transporting 20 refuelling rigs around the world.

Mosley stood his ground at first, insisting that refuelling was a vital part of ‘The Show’. If he can’t see that, for a large number of fans, Ferrari are a much more important part of ‘The Show’, then he shouldn’t be running F1.

One man who does understand how important Ferrari are is Bernie Ecclestone. He’s been conspicuously trying to build bridges between the teams and the FIA since last week when Mosley uttered those infamous – and patently incorrect - words that F1 would not suffer without Ferrari.

Similarly, Ecclestone understands the importance of keeping the major car manufacturers in F1. Not only do they bring a substantial amount of money into Formula 1, but there are suggestions some of his deals with broadcasting companies are contingent upon teams like Ferrari appearing at the races.

Some fans have suggested they would like to see a FOTA-led split in F1, with the car manufacturers forming their own series. A split in F1 would not only be a tragedy for the sport, but the whole of motor racing. There are no other major international motor racing championships that are a fraction as popular. The fans, the teams, the FIA, the money men - we would all be losers in this scenario.

The only sensible way to resolve this is for Luca di Montezemolo, as head of FOTA, to hammer out an agreement with Max Mosley and Bernie Ecclestone. I do not believe that Ecclestone and Mosley are any more likely to let Ferrari go now than they were four years ago, when they handed over $100m to keep them in the sport until 2012

FOTA need to get their act together and find a candidate for the October FIA election who will work with them, not against them. It is time F1 were governed responsibly without every little disagreement making international headlines and destroying the sport’s credibility.

Old 13th May 2009, 09:39   #19
BANNED

I have a feeling that most manufacturers will threaten to quit (Toyota already have). Then there will be a patch up of sorts.

Otherwise, the F1 circuit will become a kit car circus! I doubt whether I will watch it. Se the sudience that the A1 circus attracts.

One very nice comment on the box - Ferrari have over the years built up a team of about 600 technicians. If the budget cut comes, they may have to let about 200 go. where will these fellows go - join the competition!
Old 13th May 2009, 10:11   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I am sure I wont talk about F1 if Ferrari were to go out in 2010!
Same here anachronix, its a very sorry state events that is hopping over the sport.

For this season, can somebody help me out here, from where can I buy myself a Brawn T-shirt.
Old 13th May 2009, 10:21   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
It is not going to be easy days for Bernie & Max without Ferrari.
No doubt about that. Ferrari has the largest fan following of any Formula 1 team. Like I said before, losing a big team will kill the sport.
Old 13th May 2009, 11:07   #22
BHPian

I say, start a breakaway series with Ferrari, McL, BMW, Redbull and Toyota participating and let MadMax eat his humble-pie.
And what would be left of F1? Renault, Force India and Williams?
Old 13th May 2009, 11:08   #23
BHPian

I would definitely quit following F1 if Ferrari quits. I may not be a Ferrari fan (no offense to the Ferrari fans), but all of you would agree with me when I say that F1 would never be the same without Ferrari. They are like practically the legends of F1. Not only Ferrari, I would bet that remaining half of the teams on the grid would opt out if the budget cap ever materializes.
Old 13th May 2009, 11:15   #24
BHPian

Ot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
For this season, can somebody help me out here, from where can I buy myself a Brawn T-shirt.
Are you talking about the official Brawn T-shirts? In that case try checking out the Brawn official Merchandise store. If its the knock offs, then you might want to wait for some more time I guess.
Old 13th May 2009, 19:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

A day after Ferrari joined Toyota and Red Bull in warning the FIA that it won’t sign up to 2010 if the rules stand, former champion outfit Renault has issued the governing body with the same ultimatum.

Renault quoted sayin..
“If the decisions announced by the World Council on the 29th of April 2009 are not revised, we have no choice but to withdraw from the FIA Formula One World Championship at the end of 2009."

Source
Renault joins rivals in pull-out warning - F1 | ITV Sport
Old 13th May 2009, 22:50   #26
BHPian

Ferrari, Red Bull, Renualt and Toyota 4 big names in F1 not on the grid for 2010. What's the point of watching F1, WRC lost its charm is F1 going in the same direction?????
Old 14th May 2009, 02:35   #27
BHPian

F1 does not need cost cutting. What it needs and always had is cutting edge technology with engineers pushing the performance to the very limit of. As per it being unfair to drivers I think it is clearly not the case good drivers surely come up the ranks Schumi started with Jordan and Senna with Toleman I think , Kimi with Sauber .

Leaving Ferrari , Renault, Toyota , Red Bull out of F1 would be like leaving Man U ,Chelsea ,Arsenal out of EPL cause they spend too much !!

Come on guys F1 is the pinnacle , it is for the big boys if you cant survive then shut shop and sell up there is always Mallya's ,Dietrich's and other billionares waiting .
Old 14th May 2009, 13:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As per it being unfair to drivers I think it is clearly not the case good drivers surely come up the ranks Schumi started with Jordan and Senna with Toleman I think , Kimi with Sauber .
In 2004, Schumacher won 13 races in a single season, but the very next year, he only managed 1 win (he prob wouldn't have even got that if the Michelin running teams had not bycotted the US GP).

This season, world champ Hamilton gets lapped by a driver like Button, who took 116 starts to win his first race. Why is there so much of inconsistancy?

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 14th May 2009 at 13:28.
Old 14th May 2009, 14:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

So far its been Toyota, Ferrari, both the Red Bull teams, Renault and even BMW have threatened to pull out if a 2 tier formula rules are not changed.

Also in the background Mercedes is pressurizing Brawn GP and Force India to tag the FOTA line. This leaves FIA, Bernie and Max with only 1 team and mebbe the 3 new teams for 2010.

I am sure in the coming days FOTA and FIA will get together and come up with a compromise. If not then the F1 as we so dearly love, will be dead.

Its refreshing to see all the manufacturers united against the FIA, MM and BE. So atleast this time Max's divide and rule policy will not work.

Go FOTA!!!
Old 14th May 2009, 15:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
In 2004, Schumacher won 13 races in a single season, but the very next year, he only managed 1 win (he prob wouldn't have even got that if the Michelin running teams had not bycotted the US GP).

This season, world champ Hamilton gets lapped by a driver like Button, who took 116 starts to win his first race. Why is there so much of inconsistancy?

Shan2nu
The inconsistancy is to blame on FIA, Mad Max & Bernie!

With the rule changes happening every season the teams are spending hell lot of money.

A big example is the season where Schumacher scored just 1 win as you have referred.

In 2005 the regulations were that no tyre change was allowed and the tyres were expected to last for one whole race. Insane, if you ask me! Michelins invested a lot of money on their R&D and got a big jump on all the bridgestone running cars. The rule was called off for the next season in 2006 which left Michelin look stupid and they opted to get out of F1 which has translated into a single tyre supplier for F1.

So, who does need to shut up to help the teams do some cost cutting? Its the moron Max & no other. KERS is another s**t like this which FIA have acheived.

Now there is a big rule change and you see the inconsistency again!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks