Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2009, 19:35   #106
Senior - BHPian

Mosley: Breakaway teams are 'loonies' - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com

And it just gets crazier!
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:42   #107
Senior - BHPian

autosport.com - F1 News: Mosley ready to run for re-election

For all the flak we give Max, he sure has a sense of humour. "F1 needs me"!!
Old 24th June 2009, 05:09   #108
BANNED

Location: Gudaibiya; BAHRAIN/ Vandiperiyar; KERALA/ Wuhan; CHINA
Mosley could lose job.

FOTA plans to speed up preparations for next year's breakaway world championship.

According to strong speculation, the timing of the meeting had been planned to occur immediately after Wednesday's World Motor Sport Council summit.

Rumors indicate that a vote could be proposed to oust FIA president Max Mosley - or minimally reduce his power - thus potentially ending the standoff with the rebel teams.

It has emerged that the FOTA bosses met on Sunday morning in the Renault motor home, where it was decided that it would be unanimously declared that no peace deal with Mosley is being sought.

It was directly contradictory to Mosley's parallel suggestion that a deal is close, which according to another rumour was spurred on by pressure from F1 owner CVC's lawyers about the damaging nature of the political chaos.

"We have taken our decision and that's it. There is nothing more to discuss," Renault's Briatore was quoted as saying by the Spanish press.

"The FIA closed the door on us. We decided to do our own championship. There are no negotiations," he said, adding on Sunday that details of the new series will begin to be set in stone "next week".

"I am not interested in what Mosley says. It is not our business any more," said Briatore.

In Italy's Tuttosport, Ferrari president and FOTA chairman Luca di Montezemolo indicated he is looking forward to the breakaway.

"In November 2007, Ferrari and Kimi Raikkonen won the F1 world championship because there were clear rules and it was possible. No longer," said the Italian.

SOURCE: MOTOR AUTHORITY
Old 24th June 2009, 09:17   #109
BANNED

Now at least Force India can look forward to being an active contender for the F1 World Championship (Max Mosley). This is how it will be named.
Old 24th June 2009, 14:47   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Ferrari has emailed a link to a poll asking users for their opinion regarding a breakaway series.
Here's the link for people who wish to vote:
Survey FOTA - English Version ::
Attached Thumbnails
F1's Future-picture-3.jpg  

Old 24th June 2009, 17:53   #111
Senior - BHPian

Imagine if they get an overwhelming NO!!
Old 24th June 2009, 17:59   #112
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Compromise ?

BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula 1 | F1 resolution found, says Mosley
Old 24th June 2009, 18:01   #113
Senior - BHPian

Haha you beat me to it. Autosport saying the same thing too.
Old 24th June 2009, 20:10   #114
Senior - BHPian

Mosley to step down is what I read in most websites!

I hope its true

EDIT:

Formula 1 complete - all access F1 - Details of peace agreement

Details on the Peace agreement here. Need an official statement though

Last edited by anachronix : 24th June 2009 at 20:16.
Old 24th June 2009, 20:39   #115
Senior - BHPian

Meh, back to the old stuff. Hopefully the teams have fought for Silverstone and a few more classic tracks. Or it's back to the same old crap with lousy Asian/Middle Eastern tracks...
Old 24th June 2009, 20:48   #116
BHPian

Good the Mad Max is going, he was out of his depth and was really starting to push his luck.

The interesting now is - Who will replace Max? And is Bernie to get the sack next?
Old 24th June 2009, 20:57   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Meh, back to the old stuff. Hopefully the teams have fought for Silverstone and a few more classic tracks. Or it's back to the same old crap with lousy Asian/Middle Eastern tracks...
What's so good about Silverstone? Don't you remember the mudbath? And what's lousy about the Asian/Middle Eastern tracks? Please explain
Old 24th June 2009, 22:05   #118
Senior - BHPian

Hey Max has said he's resigning before. I don't believe him till there's a new guy in his place. He could easily make the teams sign up for F1 till 2012, get the commercial rights issues sorted and then take credit for it all and run for re-election. And given his contacts among the FIA members of other countries (who stood by him during whoregate) he might stick around. Just another depressing possibility :(
Old 24th June 2009, 23:16   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Hey Max has said he's resigning before. I don't believe him till there's a new guy in his place. He could easily make the teams sign up for F1 till 2012, get the commercial rights issues sorted and then take credit for it all and run for re-election. And given his contacts among the FIA members of other countries (who stood by him during whoregate) he might stick around. Just another depressing possibility :(
+1. Even I dont believe Mosley would re-stand. Hope that they have in writing from him as no one believes him now.
Old 24th June 2009, 23:41   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
What's so good about Silverstone? Don't you remember the mudbath? And what's lousy about the Asian/Middle Eastern tracks? Please explain
Silverstone? The fast corners. The audience. The atmosphere. The history. And best of all, good races.

Asian/Middle Eastern tracks? Bunch of straights with a few nonsense characterless corners. No gradient changes. No elevation changes. No character. Empty grandstands. Boring races. Hermann Tilke's infamous designs.

The old classic tracks regularly produce good races. Between Silverstone, Monaco, Spa, Monza, Brazil, Suzuka and Malaysia, China, Abu Dhabi, Turkey, etc, I think I know which group I'd choose.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks