Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2010, 22:02   #31
BHPian

Very interesting! The track looks good on paper. Would have liked/hoped for sharper corners though. Let's just hope that the track is prepared in time. Probably that's the only way I'll get to see a F1 race live!
Old 30th July 2010, 23:48   #32
BHPian

something relevant i found...

2011 Grand Prix India: Details of Formula 1 Racing Track at Noida | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:55   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Quoted from the web page mentioned above:
"The designers have taken inputs from the teams’ simulator test runs for refining their track layout and have put the data into good use by modifying turn turn 7 and turn 3 to increase overtaking opportunities."

EH????
Turn 7 and turn 3 are the least likely places to overtake on the cirsuit. T1 and T4 are probably the best places. Turn 7 seems to me like it is a very quick right hander, how can someone overtake there? One rarely sees overtaking at the Becketts @ Silverstone. Autocar India need to get some people who know what F1 is in order to write such articles.

The article starts with "Yet another masterpiece by the legendary track designer Hermann Tilke ......", ermmm this is the same Hermann Tilke who has given us circuits like Hungararing, Sepang (i dont know why this circuit always has dull races), Shanghai (1.6 KM strait, yet no action, blame it on the cars yes, but what an uninteresting circuit). His best work has been with Turkey, and I "hope" India too.

Thanks for posting the link.
Old 3rd August 2010, 23:31   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

I would love to drive here on a track day, hope they have provisions for trackdays.
Old 4th August 2010, 17:37   #35
BHPian

20-race 2011 draft calendar leaked in Hungary

An unofficial draft calendar for the 2011 season emerged in the paddock during the Hungarian grand prix weekend.

The leaked schedule, published in German by 'sport1', features an unprecedented 20 races, beginning in Bahrain on 13 March and ending with a 13 November finale in Abu Dhabi.

The extra race is the inaugural Indian grand prix, provisionally scheduled for 9 October.

Old 5th August 2010, 14:28   #36
Senior - BHPian

And Skysrapercity member Indian Rockstars has posted some pictures of the progress being made.

Updates on the Indian F1 track (Buddh International Circuit)-img_0503.jpg

Source/More Pictures - Greater Noida | Formula 1 Circuit - Page 7 - SkyscraperCity
Old 5th August 2010, 19:54   #37
BANNED

Have you guys updated on whats happening over the Common Wealth Games fiasco.

Hope the F1 dreams of million Indians, dont see the same fate.
Old 5th August 2010, 20:31   #38
BHPian

Yay !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Have you guys updated on whats happening over the Common Wealth Games fiasco.
With the Indian F1 circuit being a fully commercial venture, I doubt we would see the same kind of scandals as have been exposed in our CWG attempt.

Looks like work is progressing splendidly. We're finally getting a GP circuit worth its salt And that is an acheivement in itself. The sport needs more evangelising, at least to the extent that we do not have "Sports" ministers claiming F1 is not a "sport" ! Hoping it would be in HD by the time we get it...
Old 5th August 2010, 21:04   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I would love to drive here on a track day, hope they have provisions for trackdays.
All tracks have track days, since they are all commercial ventures. So you pay your money and take your ride. Having said that, you never know in India! Keep our fingers crossed
Old 5th August 2010, 21:25   #40
BHPian

I dont see the infrastructure like an international airport and 4/5 star hotels close to the track coming up. These are pre-requisites for any F1 track. Take a look at Sepang in Malaysia. The track is a few kilometers from the aiport, which is more than 60kms from the city!
Old 6th August 2010, 11:42   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne View Post
I dont see the infrastructure like an international airport and 4/5 star hotels close to the track coming up. These are pre-requisites for any F1 track. Take a look at Sepang in Malaysia. The track is a few kilometers from the aiport, which is more than 60kms from the city!
yeah.. and the go karting track/karts there are mind blowing!
had to actually take a bit of a breather after 12-13 laps awesome grip & speed
Old 6th August 2010, 14:59   #42
Senior - BHPian

Maybe the new Delhi International Airport can be used? I believe the Metro goes upto Noida as well with connectivity to the Airport Metro Express.
Old 6th August 2010, 15:04   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
With the Indian F1 circuit being a fully commercial venture, I doubt we would see the same kind of scandals as have been exposed in our CWG attempt.
Are you sure?
I thought Kalmadi, his daughter and son-in-law were partners in this project.
Old 8th August 2010, 16:54   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Are you sure?
I thought Kalmadi, his daughter and son-in-law were partners in this project.
His son owns between 10-15% in JPSK, the company that is developing the complex. Wikipedia says "SK" is a poionter to "Suresh Kalmadi".

There is a ~1300 room 5 star hotel planned in the same township.

The International airport should come up after the 2011 elections in UP.

I'm speculating, of course...
Old 10th August 2010, 17:59   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post

Looks like work is progressing splendidly. We're finally getting a GP circuit worth its salt And that is an acheivement in itself. The sport needs more evangelising, at least to the extent that we do not have "Sports" ministers claiming F1 is not a "sport" ! Hoping it would be in HD by the time we get it...
I am actually happy that the sports ministry didnt take up the cause to build the track ! if they had , god knows what delays would have happened during the construction and we might have had to wait many years for even the plan to get approved.Having said that i dont think this one will be without scandals but its just that it will atleast get completed on time and thats what i/F1 fans want !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks