Dani Pedrosa 2 5.13%
Ben Spies 1 2.56%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2011, 22:05   #16
BHPian

Re: 2011 MotoGP discussion thread

nonsense. Why is the channel showing golf?
Old 20th March 2011, 22:26   #17
BHPian

I am sick of Tensports. They are still showing Golf. I am not able to see motogp. Mahindra have finished at 17th position.

Last edited by ashok_lat : 20th March 2011 at 22:31.
Old 21st March 2011, 10:52   #18
BHPian

And Stoner takes the 1st Trophy of the season, followed by Lorenzo and Dani. Spies was 6th And rossi was 7th. I have a feeling this year stoner will be unstoppable.
Old 21st March 2011, 11:01   #19
JVH
Senior - BHPian

With a machine like that, there is no question about it. It was unbelievable how fast the Hondas were especially on the straights.

The Yams and the Ducs apparently struggles and have a long way ahead to catch up. I hope it would be an interesting season but someone please catch the Honda please...
Old 21st March 2011, 11:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

Couldn't see the race yesterday. Need to catch the highlights today. Good to see Honda's giving run to Yamaha's !
Old 21st March 2011, 17:52   #21
BHPian

Stoner looked real good. Really curious to see how soon Rossi and Spies will get their new factory rides up to speed. Don't know why Ducati still keeps Nikki Hayden? Hondas looked great.
Old 21st March 2011, 18:00   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Awww.
The race was on at around 12-1 at night y'day.
I recorded it, but curiosity got the better of me, and found out about stoner winning.
I really hope VR recovers soon enough.

PS: had a bit of a gripe about him leaving yamaha, but when i read about it, realized he was correct in doing so.
Old 21st March 2011, 18:00   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hondas are super strong. Too bad Dani just loses his momentum after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
Don't know why Ducati still keeps Nikki Hayden? .
Think because he's American.

Same with Colin Edwards. Newcomers Hector Barbera and Cal Crutchlow soundly trashed both them.
Old 21st March 2011, 23:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Hondas are super strong. Too bad Dani just loses his momentum after a while.

Think because he's American.

Same with Colin Edwards. Newcomers Hector Barbera and Cal Crutchlow soundly trashed both them.
Soundly trashed? Both the Americans finished ahead of them. Edwards is still good to ride in MotoGP and Hayden's a World Champion for heaven's sake.If Capirossi can still ride, so can Edwards and Hayden.

I am not a huge fan of Hayden but to win a WC shows he has got it in him. His consistency won him the title. And I very much like Edwards, a jolly good fellow who can be an asset to the team with his experience.

On the race front, I am happy that Honda have the upper hand. Yams with Lorenzo is a very good opponent and the very fact that he got 2nd position in a slower bike and on a track which doesn't suit them should put Honda on alert.

Lorenzo will take the title this season if Yams can improve a little on the pace front. He is a devil.

I bet Rossi will be at 3rd or 4th by the end of the year, provided either his shoulder or Ducati improves.

Next year Rossi will be terrific The first race has set the tone for the year, hope we have a great year of MotoGP with very less injuries as possible.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 21st March 2011 at 23:39.
Old 22nd March 2011, 10:50   #25
BHPian

I think by the third race Rossi should start causing problems. That Ducati is inherently fast in the straights. So if his shoulder heals enough for him to push it around he can cause a few uncomfortable moments for stoner and lorenzo though not win a race. This way he will be the spoil sport engaging one of them in a battle while the other runs away.
Old 22nd March 2011, 17:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Soundly trashed? Both the Americans finished ahead of them. Edwards is still good to ride in MotoGP and Hayden's a World Champion for heaven's sake.
They were soundly trashed in quali which is a true indicator of raw speed and skill.
As far as Hayden, how much longer can one rest on past laurels?

Quote:
And I very much like Edwards, a jolly good fellow who can be an asset to the team with his experience.
Jolly good fellow eh? Maybe he should be doing stand up comedy then. Lets send some jolly good fellows to represent India in olympics.

Quote:
If Capirossi can still ride, so can Edwards and Hayden.
I'm sorry but this is just ludicrous! Its like saying, we already have several idiots in the government and so lets have more idiots.

Last edited by Mpower : 22nd March 2011 at 20:35.
Old 22nd March 2011, 21:41   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They were soundly trashed in quali which is a true indicator of raw speed and skill.
So why have a race? We could possibly award the win to the pole setter eh? So no need for race craft etc?

Quote:
As far as Hayden, how much longer can one rest on past laurels?
Who else is there to replace him? Newbies cannot be drafted in quickly into factory machines. Let some of them do a Spies and then we will see Hayden getting replaced.

Quote:
Jolly good fellow eh? Maybe he should be doing stand up comedy then. Lets send some jolly good fellows to represent India in olympics.
He is a loveable character and does still have the speed with him. So why should he leave? I don't want to talk about India when we are yet to be represented in the MotoGP and Olympics is not an individual sport. There are many boards/panels that decide who should participate in the events, but that is not the case with MotoGP.

Quote:
I'm sorry but this is just ludicrous! Its like saying, we already have several idiots in the government and so lets have more idiots.
Yes, if we decide to get rid of the oldies, then Capirossi should be first on the list. Melandri was promising in the lower leagues but couldn't do much in the MotoGP. We cannot have a retirement age for racers just like we do for office posts and their bosses deem them to be better to the options available in the market, so I would say the stay is justified.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 22nd March 2011 at 21:51.
Old 25th March 2011, 07:14   #28
BHPian

If I recall correctly the very 1st M1 looked a lot similar to the outgoing yzr500 in geometry and shape until Rossi moved to yamaha and a year latr the thing looked a lot like the RC211 in terms of geometry (not shape) like increased seat height, narrower fairing and simillar rake angles etc etc.. I wouldnt be very surprised to see the DUC lookin like the rest o' the pack by the end of the year , which IMO is quite sad as that according to me is one iconic machine, one of the lairiest beasts on the grid and am afraid the italians (read duc or rossi) will go the japanese way and tame the thing and make it unspectacular like the rest :( which means no more massive lean angles and slippy slidy cornering.

Oh and am routing for Stoner this year as I have the last few years albeit quietly but not anymore baby coz he's gonna smoke every 1 from lands upright! cheers.

Last edited by nitro.1000bhp : 25th March 2011 at 07:30.
Old 28th March 2011, 12:49   #29
NGM
BHPian

IMO Stoner and Honda will win this season.Lorenzo is too good ,but Yamaha has to catch up Honda.I feel Pedrosa lacks the quality needed to be a world champion.He is quick from the pole,but lacks overall skills when compared to Stoner and Lorenzo.
Old 1st April 2011, 11:26   #30
BHPian

Race weekend folks, whats the bet this time. I have a feeling Lorenzo will take the podium this weekend, followed by stoner, pedrosa and rossi.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks