Dani Pedrosa 2 5.13%
Ben Spies 1 2.56%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2011, 17:55   #46
BHPian

Re: 2011 MotoGP discussion thread

It was not fair what happened to stoner. So what if rossi is a great rider, he still made a mistake. Stoner didnt speak too much he just gave rossi a piece of his mind, and rightly so as anyone in his position would have done. But its all part of the game so all you noobs can get over it, thats what racing is.. what was he supposed to say " oohhhh rossi your the greatest and I adore you so please crash into me again next race"...pffffffff. What was unfair was the marshalls didnt even notice stoner in the gravel trap, instead they were still staring at rossi's bike after he got moving..and am not blaming rossi for it but 'IT WAS UNFAIR'.
Old 9th April 2011, 22:11   #47
Team-BHP Support

Marshals had no inclination that Casey's Motorcycle had cut off and due to Honda's revolutionary design system which enables it to up-shift much quicker than competition was the culprit in firing the bike up.

What happened between Casey & Vale was purely a racing incident, nothing more, nothing less.

Its the whining which gets everybody's goats. The better he shrugs off and moves.

P.S. - I am rooting for neither in the championship.
Old 10th April 2011, 09:46   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
It was not fair what happened to stoner. So what if rossi is a great rider, he still made a mistake. Stoner didnt speak too much he just gave rossi a piece of his mind, and rightly so as anyone in his position would have done. But its all part of the game so all you noobs can get over it, thats what racing is.. what was he supposed to say " oohhhh rossi your the greatest and I adore you so please crash into me again next race"...pffffffff. What was unfair was the marshalls didnt even notice stoner in the gravel trap, instead they were still staring at rossi's bike after he got moving..and am not blaming rossi for it but 'IT WAS UNFAIR'.
us noobs think stoner is the one still lamenting the incident...
after all, he still has to prove himself as much as rossi has uptil now.
he can afford the grandiose gestures.Stoner makes such statements off track, he'll be regarded by all except his fans as a cribber.
he seems capable of making those on track, which he should.
Old 12th April 2011, 14:31   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
us noobs think stoner is the one still lamenting the incident...
after all, he still has to prove himself as much as rossi has uptil now.
he can afford the grandiose gestures.Stoner makes such statements off track, he'll be regarded by all except his fans as a cribber.
he seems capable of making those on track, which he should.
Well, he's still lamenting 'coz he had everything to loose, I'd say he's a 'cribber' if he was nowhere near the lead and then said those words but no, he was in front of rossi and it was rossi's fault no matter what the reasons were for his fall. And AGAIN " I totally agree it was just a racing incident and no one is to blame" , but saying that he should'nt be frustrated is truly absurd. His reactions were perfectly justified.

Also thanks for making it a lot easier by admitting you are a noob (but please dont take others down with you, you are the only one) so you really should'nt be patronising. And who does he have to prove himself to? YOU? BWAHAHAHAHA...

Last edited by nitro.1000bhp : 12th April 2011 at 14:38.
Old 12th April 2011, 19:57   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

ahh, but who wasn't a noob ever?
and dont stoop.
thread's about the season and the riders.
Use the PM for personal attacks, if at all.

Last edited by mayankk : 12th April 2011 at 20:17.
Old 29th April 2011, 18:33   #51
BHPian

Race weekend again. What's the bet for portugal weekend? Simoncelli tops the 1st Practice followed by, stoner, pedrosa, lorenzo and rossi.
Old 29th April 2011, 19:42   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Race weekend again. What's the bet for portugal weekend? Simoncelli tops the 1st Practice followed by, stoner, pedrosa, lorenzo and rossi.
i am REALLY hoping to see a rossi "fun" race, even if he doesnt win.
he's done enough i feel to have some pre-retirement "fun" assignments.

Last edited by mayankk : 29th April 2011 at 19:43.
Old 29th April 2011, 20:26   #53
BHPian

i wouldnt bet my money on rossi this weekend.
as much as i hate lorenzo, thats who i think will win. rossi on podium. stoner to complete the top three. i read that there is rain expected on the raceday.
lets see how it goes...
Old 30th April 2011, 00:08   #54
BHPian

Rossi has been out of form this season. Should be Stoner, Pedrosa, Lorenzo fighting most of the time.
Old 30th April 2011, 00:57   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikxsans660 View Post
Rossi has been out of form this season. Should be Stoner, Pedrosa, Lorenzo fighting most of the time.
That must be why he gained a total of 19 places at the last race
Old 30th April 2011, 01:15   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikxsans660 View Post
@bikxsans, did you watch the last race? I think not because you would not have made that comment. IMHO Rossi is going to be back on top pretty soon. As somebody has said, you can hate him, you can love him but you cannot ignore him.. he is motogp. he is once instance where a person gets bigger than the sport that created him.
Old 30th April 2011, 12:46   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I re-winded it a couple of times but could not understand what he said.
Stoner will have to soon eat his words.
Casey himself advocated to bury the crash issue and he himself came up with a statement this weekend:

Quote:
Somebody asked me yesterday if I was going to return the favour to Valentino. Valentino did this by accident. It wasn't on purpose,” said Stoner. “Some people also misinterpreted what I said. I said Valentino 'ran out of talent', at that point, not that he has 'run out of talent' [as a rider].
Source: crash.net

Yesterday, the race direction had their say on the fingers pointed at the track marshalls. Here's the full statement from Race Direction:

Quote:
After reviewing various videos of the incident between Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner during the race of the Grand Prix of Spain on 3 April 2011 and hearing the explanation from Juan Alvarez, Director of the Circuito de Jerez, the Race Direction has decided that the behaviour of the track marshals was safe and appropriate.

The Race Direction recommends the current rules be reviewed by the Grand Prix Commission in order to study possible solutions that may results in better procedures.
Source: crash.net

Coming to the Portugal GP, Marco seems to be flying this weekend looking at his FP times. The other biggies aren't far too.

Valentino seems to be fairly happy with his shoulder injury recovery and that reflects in his FP times.

Sense a podium finish for Vale this weekend. Other bets would be Jorge and Casey.

Last edited by five46 : 30th April 2011 at 12:51. Reason: Hadn't completed
Old 1st May 2011, 00:05   #58
Team-BHP Support

Nothing is over between them. Its a war.

Estoril MotoGP: Rossi and Stoner clash again - | Motorcycle Sport | MotoGP News | MotoGP Results | MCN

2011 Estoril MotoGP Friday Roundup: Of Insults, Shoulders, And Thunderstorms | MotoMatters.com | Kropotkin Thinks
Old 2nd May 2011, 08:48   #59
BHPian

Nothing of the battle royale sort happened on the track.

But, the star of the show was undoubtedly Dani. Many had written him off on account of him still recovering from his injury. But, he rode his skin out and how!

It was shocking to see Dani do a Vale on Jorge, lining him up for around 15 laps and then bid him adieu. Not like the Dani of yore who used to scurry into the lead and try to make a run away.

Another shock (to Vale it is!) was Dovi getting the best of his Honda at the best possible time. He should get that 0.002 sec overtaking move image framed and hang in his drawing room.

Jorge meanwhile with his second position maintains the Championship lead at 65 points.

Last edited by five46 : 2nd May 2011 at 08:49. Reason: Spelling Mistake
Old 2nd May 2011, 18:50   #60
NGM
BHPian

It was a brilliant job by Dani and was surprised to see him overtake Jorge with all the trouble he have with his shoulders.Hope we can see a good 3 way battle for the drivers championship between Dani,Jorge and Casey

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks