Dani Pedrosa 2 5.13%
Ben Spies 1 2.56%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2011, 11:35   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2011 MotoGP discussion thread

Casey and J Lo should be on the podium, crossed fingers about others.

BTW if someone cares, Valentino and Dani are one crash away from retirement.

Dani Pedrosa to undergo surgery after Jerez | MotoGP News | Mar 2011 | Crash.Net
Rossi is still smarting from his injury, one fall and they are done for good.
Old 1st April 2011, 11:43   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

I care, I care!!!!
Dont fall again!!!
I know its too mcuh to expect rossi to win, but i really hope he rides with the same spirit, and behaves like the spanner-in-the-works he usually does.

oh, who am i kiiding: I expect,no, WANT, rossi to win....
Old 4th April 2011, 03:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

I really wish I would see this in F1, someday.
Old 4th April 2011, 09:35   #34
BHPian

Some of the verbal exchanges between Vale and Casey:

Valentino -
Quote:
When I arrived behind Stoner, I didn't want to overtake him in the moment of braking, but I braked a bit too deep compared to him, and I arrived too fast and I didn't have enough room to go on the outside so I tried to go on the inside to make less problems for both of us but unfortunately I lost the front and I also took him out

It's completely my mistake and I have to say sorry to Casey. I know that he's very angry because he didn't make any mistakes. I went straight to say sorry.
When Rossi apologised to Stoner in the Honda pit afterwards, television cameras caught the Australian asking Rossi about the health of his injured shoulder and suggesting his 'ambition outweighed his talent'. Rossi laughed off his rival's comments

Quote:
I don't know, maybe he doesn't know exactly who I am!" Rossi said to Italia1 television. "But it's okay, it's fair enough, he's angry and I would be too. I've made a mistake and for me it was important to apologise. I'm not so interested in what he says.
Rossi came to the Honda pit to apologise to Stoner after the race, but the Australian was unhappy with the manner of Rossi's approach - and over the on-track error itself.

Casey Said:
Quote:
I think if he wanted to immediately [apologise], he would have got off the bike and done it straight off the bike. But he went back into the garage, I don't know why, and walked down with the helmet on.

"It was a little bit disappointing from him - such an experienced rider and pushing so hard that early in the race. He was obviously going to run wide, why try to keep the line? It was very easy to crash in these conditions.

"In racing incidents happen. We just need to think about the next race because we know we had another really good chance to win the race. But it's disappointing to lose so many points so early in the season without it being my fault.

"For sure he's sorry, he's in front of the cameras. I don't blame Valentino for this, it's not his fault - it's probably the shoulder or something, struggling with the braking point. I think they haven't got the best solution for that bike yet. He's struggling with this and wasn't able to run the times of the front guys. We'll see in his next races.

"But this is something I want to forget. I want to try and move on to the next race and see if we can still be competitive in Portugal.
source: autosport

I see Vale as a really shrewd racer, even though he may not have really felt like apologizing, its good he did it so that it'd rub off the worry of playing word wars. He can focus on his racing. It was a very important PR exercise also.

Casey, you are a fantastic racer, no doubts. But, I think the hang of Indianapolis 2008 is still lingering. This time it was his fault, he's apologized. Track marshals fanboyism? Is Vale to be blamed for that? Come On!

And the pre race talk about Casey not having ridden a Honda in rain.. Well, consider yourself fortunate, the competition was suffering from injuries and haven't done a full pre season testing also.

Now, what all this translates into is that the remaining season is on tadka!
Old 4th April 2011, 09:40   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh, i didnt catch that apology.
stopped watching after the crash.
But they way he(rossi) rode up through the ranks, it was awesome.
Of course, till the fateful moment, 0.5 seconds before the crash, you could TELL that he's left it too late, and something bad's going to happen, no?
shame though...

Last edited by mayankk : 4th April 2011 at 09:41.
Old 4th April 2011, 09:49   #36
BHPian

I was really surprised with the Pace of Rossi. I agree that he had mistake but starting well behind the front runners, crashing, getting back and finishing at 5th seems to be like some bollywood film race. On the other hand Lorenzo was very lucky. I have to really feel sorry for Stoner. If the race wouldn't have gone with out crashes then we might have seen the results as 1. Rossi 2. Stoner 3. Simoncelli
Old 4th April 2011, 12:39   #37
BHPian

I think it was a mistake which can happen during a race considering the conditions of the track. I dont think Rossi is a shrewd racer, he doesnt need to go to these levels to make a point and Stoner though mad was outspoken in suggesting Rossi about his abilities. I am sure it will turn out to be a good season overall, now since Ducati seems to have got things right to some extent with this race. Rossi was outstanding finishing 5th after having that fall and moving down the ladder in the race, showcasing his tough fightback attitude.
Old 4th April 2011, 22:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

Casey's talking too much. I know that his race got messed up terribly but you don't question the talent of a multiple world champion.

Backing Lorenzo to stick it up Stoner's back side this season if Rossi is not in the party. Stoner knows he has got a good bike and wants to make most of it early. Lorenzo is fast catching up in terms of pace and he is a serious contender for the title.

Vamos Lorenzo! Forza Rossi!!!
Old 4th April 2011, 23:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

pop, pop, pop they kept falling like flies.

Happy for Dani. Huge missed opportunity for Simonchelli and Edwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
Valentino - When Rossi apologised to Stoner in the Honda pit afterwards, television cameras caught the Australian asking Rossi about the health of his injured shoulder and suggesting his 'ambition outweighed his talent'. Rossi laughed off his rival's comments
Wow, is that what it was??? I re-winded it a couple of times but could not understand what he said. Thats a little harsh but since it was Rossi's fault you have to let it go. I dont think Rossi even understood right away what he said but you could tell from his body language (folding hands) that he was really sorry.

Stoner will have to soon eat his words.

Last edited by Mpower : 4th April 2011 at 23:03.
Old 5th April 2011, 07:37   #40
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post

Wow, is that what it was???

Quote:
Rossi: I'm sorry Casey... so sorry.

Stoner: Hey... how's your shoulder... it's OK? it's OK?

Rossi: I'm sorry!

Stoner: did you have some problem with your shoulder?

Rossi: I'm so sorry... i make a mistake.

Stoner: yeah... Obviously your ambition outweighed your talent...

Rossi: Ehh??

Stoner: you see your ambition weighed more...

Rossi: I'm sorry!
Rossi: "My mistake, I apologize"
Old 5th April 2011, 13:19   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

What a race. One of the best in terms of fighting and worst in terms of top talents losing it even after making it through 80% of the race. Not to mention the precarious weather condition

This race could be one of those rare where majority of top-enders crashed out.

Happy for Dani to get a podium as he almost everytime loses out on the podium due to better guys ( Lorenzo, Rossi and Stoner) in front of him.

Simoncelli is a fast rise from 250cc to 500cc and will give the top 5 riders a run for their money.

Rossi was lucky to have finished 6-7? after some of others crashed out in front him. Atleast he got the points for Ducati. These things happen, Casey should take it in his stride.

1-2 for Spaniards on home ground and after a long time podium for Nicky.

Can't wait for Rossi to fight back in next race
Old 5th April 2011, 13:21   #42
BHPian

Whatever said and done in that race. Rossii has earned a New RESPECT of such a brave brave ride!! His whole garage was applauding his effort. Never Say Die Race.
Old 7th April 2011, 03:31   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
What a race. One of the best in terms of fighting and worst in terms of top talents losing it even after making it through 80% of the race. Not to mention the precarious weather condition

This race could be one of those rare where majority of top-enders crashed out.

Happy for Dani to get a podium as he almost everytime loses out on the podium due to better guys ( Lorenzo, Rossi and Stoner) in front of him.

Simoncelli is a fast rise from 250cc to 500cc and will give the top 5 riders a run for their money.

Rossi was lucky to have finished 6-7? after some of others crashed out in front him. Atleast he got the points for Ducati. These things happen, Casey should take it in his stride.

1-2 for Spaniards on home ground and after a long time podium for Nicky.

Can't wait for Rossi to fight back in next race
Did you hear the race results on radio? hehe joking
Rossi finished 5th and Simoncelli graduated to 800s not 500s

Overall a very nice race but we still feel robbed due to Rossi and Stoner falling. Otherwise it could have turned out to be a lot more exciting at the front with Rossi, Lorenzo, Stoner, Dani etc.

Bring on Portugal!
Old 7th April 2011, 07:37   #44
Senior - BHPian

By my count, Rossi gained 19 places in this single race.
Old 8th April 2011, 00:32   #45
Team-BHP Support

Watch this

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks