Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2010, 03:09   #91
BHPian

Re: Formula1 - PreSeason Discussion Thread 2011

Ok - so no more Kimi discussions, just when I was warming up to some discussions :-)

So Sauber is the only manufacturer yet to announce the new car in Jan, traditionally there are more than one teams doing that.

Saw the Lotus Renault livery on formula1.com and the black + gold sure looks good to me. Hispania was rumoured to be up on sale - but promptly came out and denied that.

What do you guys think about the team orders being unbanned?
Old 13th December 2010, 09:32   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensi View Post
What do you guys think about the team orders being unbanned?
Can we guess the No.1 driver of the top teams then?

Scuderia Ferrari - Alonso (Massa had more or less agreed to be the No.2)
Redbull Renault - Vettel (As long as Marko is there in Redbull it will be Vettel)
Mclaren - Button (We saw the saver fuel hints in Turkey suggesting on Mclaren's favorite driver)
Mercedes - Schumacher
Lotus Renault - Kubica
Old 13th December 2010, 10:53   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post

Redbull Renault - Vettel (As long as Marko is there in Redbull it will be Vettel)
Mclaren - Button (We saw the saver fuel hints in Turkey suggesting on Mclaren's favorite driver)
Mercedes - Schumacher
Lotus Renault - Kubica
Agree with the rest, but Button will not be Mclaren's no.1 if he cannot match Hamilton's race pace.
Old 13th December 2010, 10:55   #94
BHPian

Alonso is already 25% ahead of all because of the team order rules and massa should be cursing himself right now
Old 13th December 2010, 11:11   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Agree with the rest, but Button will not be Mclaren's no.1 if he cannot match Hamilton's race pace.
I always felt that the Mclaren team was silently backing Button in 2010.

Though he sucked in his race pace, he was extremely consistent & a sensible racer than Lewis and finished only 26 points behind Lewis.
Old 13th December 2010, 11:12   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Mercedes - Schumacher
Weren't the fuel saving hints actually for Button ? If i remember correctly, both Lewis and Button were told to save fuel. Lewis complied but Button was a bit naughty and didn't comply, as a result of which he could overtake Lewis. Lewis immediately overtook Button and then they raced very closely, after which both were instructed to "strictly save fuel". This doesn't show Mclaren's preference for Button, but if anything, it could be seen as a preference to Lewis over Button.
Regarding Mercedes, I doubt they were favouring Schumacher over Rosberg, although they did try a lot to fix his problems. Most of the times, Rosberg got the better strategy over Schumacer. And, I doubt they would be willing to favour him unless Schumacher is faster than Nico ( which he hasn't been so far, for much of the season ).
Old 13th December 2010, 11:30   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Weren't the fuel saving hints actually for Button ? If i remember correctly, both Lewis and Button were told to save fuel. Lewis complied but Button was a bit naughty and didn't comply, as a result of which he could overtake Lewis. Lewis immediately overtook Button and then they raced very closely, after which both were instructed to "strictly save fuel". This doesn't show Mclaren's preference for Button, but if anything, it could be seen as a preference to Lewis over Button.
Regarding Mercedes, I doubt they were favouring Schumacher over Rosberg, although they did try a lot to fix his problems. Most of the times, Rosberg got the better strategy over Schumacer. And, I doubt they would be willing to favour him unless Schumacher is faster than Nico ( which he hasn't been so far, for much of the season ).
I think they will pick Lewis over Jenson, just my feeling.

Merc are definitely doing all they can to benefit Schumi but if Nico still goes faster i think they will have a big problem on their hands. Should be fun to watch for neutrals
Old 13th December 2010, 11:42   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
It was the other way around. Lewis was leading and asked to 'Save Fuel', Button was not given any instructions and was closing-in on Lewis. Lewis was worried and checks with his engineer over the radio if Button was racing him and would overtake him, it was confirmed 'negative' by his engineer and then Button overtakes Lewis. Lewis fights and gets his position back from Button within a lap. I remember seeing a 'pissed off' Lewis on the podium after the race!

Quote:
Schumacher was clearly struggling in 2010 and it was fair to give a chance to the faster driver to score more points for the team. In Brazil, Michael intentionally gave back a position to Rosberg since he was on fresh tires and had the chance to fight for more positions up the grid.

I am sure the 2011 car is getting ready in Michael's favour and I expect to see a faster Michael next season. Michael has not given back the odd number to Rosberg yet though he finished behind Rosberg in championship points.
Old 13th December 2010, 12:01   #99
Senior - BHPian

Lewis is Mclaren's favorite son for sure. No one will come between them I feel.

Glad they have straightened out the team orders issue. Cant have a rule for something that you cannot monitor 100%.
Either way, the top teams will only enforce it towards the end of the season.
Old 13th December 2010, 13:13   #100
Senior - BHPian

Jenson Button in F1 quit threat - Motorsport, Sport - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Button will quit F1, now that rule against team order is history?
Old 13th December 2010, 16:44   #101
BHPian

IMO none of the teams will have a No. 1 from the get go. This is always a mid-season thing. Whichever driver has his nose well in front of the other mid-season might be favoured. So this ruling on lifting the ban on team orders in effect changes precious little except making them a bit more blatant.
Old 13th December 2010, 17:55   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
IMO none of the teams will have a No. 1 from the get go. This is always a mid-season thing. Whichever driver has his nose well in front of the other mid-season might be favoured. So this ruling on lifting the ban on team orders in effect changes precious little except making them a bit more blatant.
The FIA did mention that although the team orders rule has been lifted, they could still use the rule of bringing disrepute to the sport and they have also increased the penalties that the stewards can impose. So this effectively means that the FIA will look the other way if the team orders are used towards the end of the season where the other driver doesn't have a mathematical chance to win the WDC, but will definitely take action if the team orders are blatant like the ones we have seen in Austria 2002 or even Hockenheim 2010. And we could also expect tougher penalties than the slap on the wrist that Ferrari got away with this year. What the FIA have effectively done is to remove a rule that is unenforceable, but have given the Stewards more leeway in deciding which cases they can penalise using the "Bringing the sport into disrepute" clause.

Last edited by Newpunter : 13th December 2010 at 18:03.
Old 14th December 2010, 01:22   #103
BHPian

Quote:

Mercedes - Schumacher
Lotus Renault - Kubica
McLaren - Lewis - definitely, Button showed his maturity is more than Lewis in a couple of races this season, but Lewis is definitely the faster on track driver, and his relationship with McLaren is longer and tighter than Button's

Another interesting comment by Button was he would quit, if team orders were reintroduced, I cant wait for someone to ask him that question - Why is he still racing?
Old 14th December 2010, 11:52   #104
Senior - BHPian

2011 Formula One Sporting Regulations

Hi all,

Please follow the link or find the attachment for complete 2011 F1 Sporting Regulations.

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/9A195FD4A47DA4E1C12577F8004AA63E/$FILE/1-2011%20SPORTING%20REGULATIONS%2010-12-2010.pdf

1-2011 SPORTING REGULATIONS 10-12-2010.pdf

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 14th December 2010, 12:03   #105
BHPian

There are some strict rules in place for stamping out dirty driving; but there are no guidelines for judging the mistakes hope stewards are sensible and logical

Source :FIA moves to stamp out dirty driving | FIA | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks