Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2012, 22:28   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Blue Boomerang - Maruti Ritz VDi

Looks like bad luck hasn't spared you still!! The rear bumper has been broken, so you will have to replace it. The bonnet dent is also deep and you will need to get it tinkered & repainted to get the shape back. That goes the same for hatch too. Looks like it's 2 years since the purchase. You could use your insurance for reducing the damage, but will lose out on the NCB for the third year. Also you will get only 50% for the rear bumper. You will be able to claim full cost for bonnet & hatch! Looks to me like the cost should be in the range of 12K for the whole and you will end up spending only like 2K most probably. It's wise in my opinion. Also try to get the mirror cover claimed with in insurance [if you have not bought it yet].

Disclaimer: All the cost break up is given assuming you DON'T have bumper-bumper cover. In case you have it, then the bill should be 0!

Edit:: If you are getting it re-painted, please be assertive to those guys to match the paint properly! Also when you take delivery after repairs, please take it ONLY in broad day light. Dull light can fool you on the color match!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 14th February 2012 at 22:30. Reason: Adding "Edit" portion
Old 15th February 2012, 10:33   #17
BHPian

The bumper part is easy, just get it replaced and painted.

The boot door and bonnet is going to be a headace. You will have to take exterme care that the colour matches.

After they are done with the job, get the car washed with car shampoo and water and dry it under sun light, sometimes these A.S.S guys put all kinds of polishes to shine the car from all angles and still you end up getting cheated about the colour.
Old 17th February 2012, 23:14   #18
BHPian

Hey Anurag was just reading your thread and found this. You could get the denting and painting done at Sainikpuri or Musheerabad, It would not cost much as compared to what they charge at the MASS. Incase you are going for an insurance claim then go ahead with MASS but if you do not want to loose your NCB then get it done at a reliable source which I can give you a lead on.

Let me know if you need any help. My dogs chewed the mud flaps on the Scorpio and chewed away the plastic part on the Santro - Yet to get the Santro done but got the Scorpio flaps replaces and got it painted at the local garage and the color came out good, no difference noticed between the colour used and the colour on teh vehicle.

Till then cheers and take care

Shashi.
Old 25th February 2012, 20:48   #19
BANNED

There is a very peculiar problem with the car that has surfaced now.

It is with the left headlamp. When the headlamp is switched ON in low beam the left headlamp and the right headlamp beam are not in the same position. After a few seconds it levels equally. This happens every time the headlights are switched ON. The headlamps don't level if the "passing" switch is used.

Attached are a few pictures of it though.

Will take it MASS soon. The car has done 47896 kms till now in 1year 2 weeks.

Waiting for the 50000 kms service where i'll talk about this issue as well the damage done during the accident.

My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-18022012222.jpg
This is when using the "passing switch" (the headlight lever is pulled towards the driver)

My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-18022012223.jpg
This is when the low beam is ON.

My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-18022012224.jpg
After a few seconds the headlight has leveled up.
Old 19th March 2012, 18:28   #20
BANNED

An UPDATE!

1 year 2 months and 51003kms driven!

Got the repair on the rear bumper and tailgate done. Will click the pictures soon and post. Damage done to pocket is Rs 2000. Got it done outside. She is back to form and also sent her for the 50K service also. No major part changes except for the regular service.

The funniest part is the service manager is shocked to see the car for 50K service. "Saar, it was just 3 months back that you gave the car for the 40 K service and now you have clocked 50 K..

Time to change the OE Bridgestone 165 section tires to a 185 sections. But I feel there is still thread on it for a few 1000 kms but don't want to take as I drive between 80-100kmph. Incidents at those speeds may stand irreversible.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 01:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

50000 kms in a little over a year is some serious mile crunching!! So you have never changed your tires since day 1?? What about the brake pads and clutch?? Are they all stock?? Your blue boomerang seems to serve you extremely well.
Old 20th March 2012, 09:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
An UPDATE!

1 year 2 months and 51003kms driven!

Got the repair on the rear bumper and tailgate done. Will click the pictures soon and post. Damage done to pocket is Rs 2000. Got it done outside. She is back to form and also sent her for the 50K service also. No major part changes except for the regular service.

The funniest part is the service manager is shocked to see the car for 50K service. "Saar, it was just 3 months back that you gave the car for the 40 K service and now you have clocked 50 K..

Time to change the OE Bridgestone 165 section tires to a 185 sections. But I feel there is still thread on it for a few 1000 kms but don't want to take as I drive between 80-100kmph. Incidents at those speeds may stand irreversible.
Anurag, that's some serious kms you have covered in 1 years time.
Did you claim insurance to get the damages repaired ?
Also could you please post the charges of the services and other stuff till date.

Cheers.
Old 21st March 2012, 13:33   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Anurag, that's some serious kms you have covered in 1 years time. Did you claim insurance to get the damages repaired ?
Also could you please post the charges of the services and other stuff till date.

Cheers.
I got it done outside so I did not claim any insurance. Please give me a few days I shall post all the expenses on the 1 year of driving!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
50000 kms in a little over a year is some serious mile crunching!! So you have never changed your tires since day 1?? What about the brake pads and clutch?? Are they all stock?? Your blue boomerang seems to serve you extremely well.
All stock except the Disc pads that I changed in this service. Tires I'm changing it soon postponed it due to lack of Vit-M.
Old 1st April 2012, 23:07   #24
BANNED

Guys!

Just got my wheel balancing and wheel alignment done today since I had not done for the last 8000 kms.

Was curious to know what do the results indicate and what should be the standard. I mean common in for all Ritz cars.

Attaching the word file of the results. Please go through and help me understand.

Gurus put in your word too.

Was charged 570/- for the balancing and alignment. Was done outside and not at MASS.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: doc TEST.doc (32.5 KB, 857 views)

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st April 2012 at 23:09. Reason: Price addition
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 16:05   #25
BANNED

Hello All!

Pictures attached below of my car. This is the height of Sadism. Had parked my car in my workplace which doesn't have a parking shed so parked near Water Treatment plant since I get a little shade because one tree in that place.

This is What they have done to the car!

Its a mix of Lime + Ferrous Sulphate + Bleaching powder.

Problem is it dries instantly. It took me 4 hours to clean and get it back to normal condition.
Attached Thumbnails
My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-01042012292.jpg  

My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-01042012293.jpg  

Old 7th April 2012, 16:15   #26
Senior - BHPian

Sad! Seems like those morons have deflated your front tyre too!
Old 7th April 2012, 16:32   #27
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
This is the height of Sadism
Very sad to see your car in such a state. I hope the Lime did not itch through the top coat lacquer.
Old 7th April 2012, 19:40   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Sad! Seems like those morons have deflated your front tyre too!
The morons didn't deflate the tyre. It had a punctured which I got it repaired when I had the wheel balancing and alignment done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Very sad to see your car in such a state. I hope the Lime did not itch through the top coat lacquer.
The car seemed normal after the long wash and no fade in colour was found.
Old 7th April 2012, 22:19   #29
BHPian

50,000 Kms in 1.2yrs is just mind blowing, am actually thinking between buying a Swift or a Ritz... which you recommend anurag
Old 7th April 2012, 23:20   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
50,000 Kms in 1.2yrs is just mind blowing, am actually thinking between buying a Swift or a Ritz... which you recommend anurag
If you need space, Ritz is the choice. If you need hard core handling, go for Swift!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks