Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2012, 20:42   #46
BANNED

Re: My Blue Boomerang - Maruti Ritz VDi

Hello all!

Another small milestone crossed yesterday. Crossed 70K Kms. The car will be soon sent for its 70 K service.

No great updates but just upgraded to Osram Night Breaker Plus (60/55W H4 P43t) from the stock bulbs. Feel the low beams are more spread out and the high beams are sharper with better focus. The lighting gets better as the filament reaches its optimum temperature. Have to get the beams adjusted to the same level as the left lamp is focusing lower than the right one.

Stock tires had worn out so changed them to the same again. Stock lasted for 63K Kms.

That's it for now guys.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 21:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag
Hello all!

Another small milestone crossed yesterday. Crossed 70K Kms. The car will be soon sent for its 70 K service.

No great updates but just upgraded to Osram Night Breaker Plus (60/55W H4 P43t) from the stock bulbs. Feel the low beams are more spread out and the high beams are sharper with better focus. The lighting gets better as the filament reaches its optimum temperature. Have to get the beams adjusted to the same level as the left lamp is focusing lower than the right one.

Stock tires had worn out so changed them to the same again. Stock lasted for 63K Kms.

That's it for now guys.

Anurag.
Hey Anurag,
Wanted to check if you faced any issues with the suspension till now with your ritzy.
Also will it be possible for you to let us know the amount you have paid for 40k and 60k service or any other major expense till date.
How much did you pay for those bulbs,are they whitish kind of lights ?
Did you upsize or still running stock size of tyre?

Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 18th October 2012 at 21:45.
Old 18th October 2012, 22:37   #48
BANNED

Re: My Blue Boomerang - Maruti Ritz VDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Hey Anurag,
Wanted to check if you faced any issues with the suspension till now with your ritzy.
Also will it be possible for you to let us know the amount you have paid for 40k and 60k service or any other major expense till date.
How much did you pay for those bulbs,are they whitish kind of lights ?
Did you upsize or still running stock size of tyre?

Cheers
Hi Schoudhury,

The suspension is absolutely fine and normal.

Regarding the amounts spent on the service I'll get back tomorrow after checking them to give you an idea it would be around 7-8K. This does not include Wheel alignment and Wheel balancing as I get them done outside.

I paid 1000 for the bulbs and yes they are slightly whitish not like the high-end ones.

Tyres are stock buddy.

My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-20121017-19.54.13.jpg

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 18th October 2012 at 22:38.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2012, 18:11   #49
BANNED

Travel with the 1.3 DDiS - Maruti Ritz VDi - 70K and still counting!

Hello All!

This is an update on my Blue Boomerang that I had purchased 2 years back (actually 1 year and 10 months) with 70000 kms on its odometer , the life with this car.

The ownership thread and how it all started is in the link below as I don’t want to write all over again.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-ritz-vdi.html

I travel 100 kms a day so totaling 2600 kms a month. Hence the need of diesel sprang up. This thread is for as to how the car fares with such distances and time.

On Nov, 1st I gave the car for the 70000 kms service at Sai Service, Balanagar, since this service centre is near to place. This particular service dad had given it as I was out of town so on my behalf he went. This is where Maruti took advantage of my dad (will get back to this when I post the bill of the service)

Life till now:

Frugal is the word I get for this hatchback. I get an average mileage of 22kmpl while checked full tank to full tank run. Speeds I maintain are between 80-100 kmph and don’t cross it normally. The engine still revs freely till 4500 rpm but I generally don’t go till that point. Shifting is done at 2000 rpm so 5th gear is 83kmph!

Since I am the single user of this car it feels the same from the day 1 till now. The car is still stock in all ways except for two things. One is ICE and the other is the headlamps which I changed to Osram Nightbreaker Plus (60/55W H4 P43t type). I have found a slight difference in the high beams which are a tad sharper and on the low beams it feels it is spread more on the road. A worth upgrade for a small price of 1000 bucks. I feel that this car is a total paisa vasool (Total VFM) when compared to its petrol variant. The premium price paid for maintenance and purchase has been recovered (Mentally).

70 K Kms Service Done

I had called Sai Service a day earlier as I wanted place in their daily schedule to service my car so called a day earlier and reminded them to keep a slot ready for mine at 10am. They promptly agreed and asked me to get car. Since I had no problems with the car it was just a routine service having all the fluids changed and normal check list. NO Teflon coating was my strict instruction as I don’t get these done. Got a call at 12:40 saying the Oil pan has to be changed as it was scratched badly by a stone and the other part changed was Stabilizer ball joint (All). I said ok and they carried the repair. At 16:00 I got a call saying the car was ready for delivery and I could collect. Dad went, collected the car and got it home. At night I came drove the car around found all ok with it.

Now coming to the advantage they took as my dad had come with the car. They pleased my dad saying “Saar your car has a lot of travel so get the injector clean so it would return a better FE” and dad shook his head and paid 1600 bucks for this. I generally don’t get this done. The final bill was Rs 8900.

Will post the bill in the next post.

Last edited by a4anurag : 3rd November 2012 at 18:17.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2012, 19:09   #50
BANNED

Re: Travel with the 1.3 DDiS - Maruti Ritz VDi - 70K and still counting!

Posting an excel sheet for the bill paid with all details in it and part number for easy reference for all.

Recommendations By MASS

1) Brakes Cleaning;
2) A/C Temperature Cut Off: 9.6 Deg, ON: 11.4 Deg.;
3) FR RH Fog Lamp Assy needs to be replaced ;
4) EGR Hose Pipe needs to be replaced, Adjusted.

Now can someone explain as to what does point 1, 2 and 4 mean?

If the EGR pipe needs to be replaced then why not do it right away and why recommend. How do I know when it must be replaced and adjusted?

The fog lamp was not working as I had hit a dog 3 months back on the highway so not replaced it since then. Dog alive and all OK with it as I had stopped and looked for it. It was looking at me wagging its tail.

Experts please help.

Anurag.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx 70K Service Bill.xlsx (12.3 KB, 1000 views)

Last edited by a4anurag : 3rd November 2012 at 19:13.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2012, 18:02   #51
BANNED

re: My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold

Gurus!

Where are you guys? Can you please answer my doubts of the 4 points written above?

Question to all the other Ritz DDiS owners. How many have completed 70K kms in their cars and what is the service bill you have got? Is it similar to one I have paid or different?

Thanks,

Anurag.
Old 9th November 2012, 16:09   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Posting an excel sheet for the bill paid with all details in it and part number for easy reference for all.

Recommendations By MASS

1) Brakes Cleaning;
2) A/C Temperature Cut Off: 9.6 Deg, ON: 11.4 Deg.;
3) FR RH Fog Lamp Assy needs to be replaced ;

Anurag .
Im not sure about the 2 and 4 , but brakes cleaning is a part of the regular service.
Also looks like you moved to full synthetic oil

12 99999MS5W40-SHL Synthetic Oil (5W40) - Shell 14.5% 3 960.70 2978.17 -

This along with the injector cleaning+ balancing/allingment , i think is the reason for the bill to be on the higher side.

Cheers.
Old 9th November 2012, 17:20   #53
BHPian

Hello a4anurag the points mentioned in no. 2 is concerned with the A/C performance. It has been found by the MASS that your A/C compressor cuts off at cooling coil temperature of 9.6 Deg and again turns on when the cooling coil is at a temperature 11.4 Deg. This apparently seems a bit high. Normally should cut-off at around 7-8 Deg. but your cooling coil temperature seems a bit high for cut-off. Also in turbo engine as well as most modern petrol and diesel engine the EGR which is short for exhaust gas recirculation functions towards reducing polution by passing a small amount of exhaust gas back into the combustion chamber. The thing requires a little cleaning if excess carbon gets deposited in the EGR valve. The hose pipe connecting the EGR valve with exhaust manifold might have got damaged which needs to be replaced but the mechanic have seemed to worked around the problem probably have cut the damaged portion and restuck it some way. Please do check that the vehicle performance doesn't get bad. Keep an eye on it.
Old 11th November 2012, 19:34   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Anurag .
Im not sure about the 2 and 4 , but brakes cleaning is a part of the regular service. Also looks like you moved to full synthetic oil

12 99999MS5W40-SHL Synthetic Oil (5W40) - Shell 14.5% 3 960.70 2978.17 -

This along with the injector cleaning+ balancing/allingment , i think is the reason for the bill to be on the higher side.

Cheers.
Ya Schoudhury, I have instructed MASS NOT to do injector cleaning, Wheel Balancing and Wheel Alignment when the car is given for service.

I do the wheel alignment and balancing outside at a better price and reputation shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
Hello a4anurag the points mentioned in no. 2 is concerned with the A/C performance. It has been found by the MASS that your A/C compressor cuts off at cooling coil temperature of 9.6 Deg and again turns on when the cooling coil is at a temperature 11.4 Deg. This apparently seems a bit high. Normally should cut-off at around 7-8 Deg. but your cooling coil temperature seems a bit high for cut-off. Also in turbo engine as well as most modern petrol and diesel engine the EGR which is short for exhaust gas recirculation functions towards reducing polution by passing a small amount of exhaust gas back into the combustion chamber. The thing requires a little cleaning if excess carbon gets deposited in the EGR valve. The hose pipe connecting the EGR valve with exhaust manifold might have got damaged which needs to be replaced but the mechanic have seemed to worked around the problem probably have cut the damaged portion and restuck it some way. Please do check that the vehicle performance doesn't get bad. Keep an eye on it.
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Regarding the EGR I will contact MASS again and check on this. How do you check the status of the EGR valve and EGR pipe condition? Any indication?

Anurag.
Old 11th November 2012, 22:22   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ya Schoudhury, I have instructed MASS NOT to do injector cleaning, Wheel Balancing and Wheel Alignment when the car is given for service.

I do the wheel alignment and balancing outside at a better price and reputation shop.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Regarding the EGR I will contact MASS again and check on this. How do you check the status of the EGR valve and EGR pipe condition? Any indication?

Anurag.
Even after giving instructions, how come they carried out those in the service, did you check with them on this ?
Also how does the car feel after switching to synthetic oil compared to the regular mineral oil.

Cheers
Old 11th November 2012, 22:54   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Anurag.
Quote:

Recommendations By MASS

If the EGR pipe needs to be replaced then why not do it right away and why recommend. How do I know when it must be replaced and adjusted?

Anurag.
EGR has coolant running on the outside and the EGR has a hose. I think the make was Lakhani. If the those has developed any leak, they have to replace it. It is a eloborate process to remove the EGR Valve and replace the hose. Get the EGR valve cleaned too at the same time.

Here is the pic of the EGR valve and hoses that were replaced on my SWIFT D.
Attached Thumbnails
My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-2012022412.54.35.jpg  

My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-2012022414.25.45.jpg  

Old 12th November 2012, 17:19   #57
BANNED

Will get this done asap!

Since I did not give the car for service I was not contacted for the details for the service. They did what they felt.

The engine feels a little smooth and is silent at highway speeds and at low RPM's.

Schoudury,

How many kms has your cars slocked and any problems your Ritzy faces?
Old 15th November 2012, 20:02   #58
BANNED

I have a small problem regarding the body of the car which is rough. Mainly the whole front bumper, bonnet and the front doors.

I was the car once every week with car shampoo that I was given by MASS as complimentary (Not expired stock).

I have tried rubbing that part with cloth and soap water but after drying out it is still rough and looks as if dirt is stuck from ages and never washed (especially the front bumper). The rest of the car is fine and smooth without those kind of rough patches.

Not understanding what to do as I am not happy. Any suggestions?
Old 15th November 2012, 20:12   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a small problem regarding the body of the car which is rough. Mainly the whole front bumper, bonnet and the front doors.

I was the car once every week with car shampoo that I was given by MASS as complimentary (Not expired stock).

I have tried rubbing that part with cloth and soap water but after drying out it is still rough and looks as if dirt is stuck from ages and never washed (especially the front bumper). The rest of the car is fine and smooth without those kind of rough patches.

Not understanding what to do as I am not happy. Any suggestions?
Your car needs sanding or claying what ever they call it.

You can visit a 3M center to get the exterior treatment done or any other reputed center in HYD.

If you are a DIY guy, then you can follow the instructions here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ing-guide.html
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 20:21   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Your car needs sanding or claying what ever they call it.

You can visit a 3M center to get the exterior treatment done or any other reputed center in HYD.
Thanks for the prompt reply F150.

What could be the rough cost estimate for the 3M exterior treatment and how long could it take?

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks