Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2012, 20:28   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply F150.

What could be the rough cost estimate for the 3M exterior treatment and how long could it take?

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag.
I paid Rs 3750 for my swift for the paint sealant program. It is definitely worth it.

It would take half day, you can leave the car at 3M.

You might find other cheaper alternatives, I have seen few threads about detailing done at doorstep. I am not sure if you have such facility in HYD.

Last edited by F150 : 15th November 2012 at 20:30.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 22:43   #62
Senior - BHPian

re: My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold

Quote:

The engine feels a little smooth and is silent at highway speeds and at low RPM's.

Schoudury,

How many kms has your cars slocked and any problems your Ritzy faces?
My car will go for its 40k service in few days time .
Issues , touch wood nothing as such to report. But yes looks like the suspension definetly needs some maintenance .

Cheers
Old 15th November 2012, 22:46   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
My car will go for its 40k service in few days time .
Issues , touch wood nothing as such to report. But yes looks like the suspension definetly needs some maintenance .

Cheers
Cool buddy.

What exactly is the problem with the suspension?

Anurag.
Old 15th November 2012, 23:00   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag

Cool buddy.

What exactly is the problem with the suspension?

Anurag.
The suspension has become stiffer and also get a thud sound if I go over any broken roads or something , so need it fixed during this service.

Cheers
Old 16th November 2012, 01:08   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
The suspension has become stiffer and also get a thud sound if I go over any broken roads or something , so need it fixed during this service.

Cheers
Ohh!

I just noticed today at crawling speeds there is a strange noise from the rear end as if something is stuck in the tires or in some moving part, as if something rubbing to each other. Clearly evident in crawling speeds with the stereo OFF.

Bend down, slept under and saw on all 4 wheels but found nothing touching so bit clueless as to what it could be. If I hav to wait till service then I still hav 4000 kms more to touch 80000kms. In dilemma now.
Old 16th November 2012, 18:21   #66
BHPian

One thing anurag I would like to highlight to you is that since you are at 70000km+ it would be a good idea to check on the brakes as with time shoes harden and at low speeds might be scraping very mildly with the drum at the present moment. As time will pass it will become very loud and irritating and will result into poor braking performance. I have suffered this and even after innumerable adjustments still isn't resolved so please do look into it as it might hamper your driving pleasure. Still congratulations on completing 70000km with happiness. :clap
Old 17th November 2012, 18:19   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
One thing anurag I would like to highlight to you is that since you are at 70000km+ it would be a good idea to check on the brakes as with time shoes harden and at low speeds might be scraping very mildly with the drum at the present moment. As time will pass it will become very loud and irritating and will result into poor braking performance. I have suffered this and even after innumerable adjustments still isn't resolved so please do look into it as it might hamper your driving pleasure. Still congratulations on completing 70000km with happiness. :clap
Advice taken buddy.

Ideally what is the life of the brake pads. I know it depends on braking style and driving style too but for an average driver what can be expected? I have changed the pads once at 27000 kms (manufacturing defect which was accepted by MASS and changed them for free) but from then it has not been changed.

Anurag.
Old 17th November 2012, 18:25   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Advice taken buddy.

Ideally what is the life of the brake pads. I know it depends on braking style and driving style too but for an average driver what can be expected? I have changed the pads once at 27000 kms (manufacturing defect which was accepted by MASS and changed them for free) but from then it has not been changed.

Anurag.
50 K is the normal limit for brake pads. I changed my WagonR's when it hit that mark on the odometer.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2012, 18:30   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
50 K is the normal limit for brake pads. I changed my WagonR's when it hit that mark on the odometer.
Thanks Venu Sir.

Since my car has done 73000 kms already another 7K later will give the car for 80K service will tell them to change the pads and also get the EGR cleaned and pipe replaced.

Is there any problem if I continue driving with the present pads for the next 7K kms?

Anurag.
Old 17th November 2012, 18:31   #70
BHPian

You've changed only the front pads or the rear brake shoes too. I have seen various brake pad life based on usage. Some have lasted as low as 50000KM to some as high as 120000KM. It depends on the driving style. If you aren't too much aggresive on the brakes the average life should be around 60000-70000KM at the worst. My 800 has got brake jamming on its right wheel which needs to be adjusted as well as the shoes has worn down but otherwise in my uncles car which is at present going at 92000KM the shoes are fine. So check on it. If only front pads have been changed then 70000KM is about the time you should be checking into the condition of the rear brake drum shoe and wheel cylinder. Get them checked properly at the earliest otherwise condition might worsen leading you to replacing them sooner than planned. Please drop into the MASS at the earliest possible for your own pocket safety. Also do take care of the condition of the wheel bearings. Some Maruti cars are notorious for wheel bearing deterioration which generally happens around this time in terms of kilometers.
Old 17th November 2012, 18:40   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Venu Sir.

Since my car has done 73000 kms already another 7K later will give the car for 80K service will tell them to change the pads and also get the EGR cleaned and pipe replaced.

Is there any problem if I continue driving with the present pads for the next 7K kms?

Anurag.
Suprising !! how is the brake feel ? Does it bite at all ?

I replaced my swift's brake pads at 26K kms. They were OK but I prefer the sharp bite and changed them as the cost was just Rs 1585 for the front brake pads.
Old 17th November 2012, 18:49   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Venu Sir.

Anurag.
I suppose you can hold on till the next 7 K kms, if the brakes are performing ok. You have completed around 46 K on the new set of brake pads, so this looks fine.

But if you're driving extensively on the highways, better get them changed sooner.
Old 17th November 2012, 19:09   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Suprising !! how is the brake feel ? Does it bite at all ?

I replaced my swift's brake pads at 26K kms. They were OK but I prefer the sharp bite and changed them as the cost was just Rs 1585 for the front brake pads.
The brakes do have their bite sharp and respond well so thanks for the advice and cost of the parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I suppose you can hold on till the next 7 K kms, if the brakes are performing ok. You have completed around 46 K on the new set of brake pads, so this looks fine.

But if you're driving extensively on the highways, better get them changed sooner.
I have 60% highways and 40% city driving and I feel I can hang on till 80K. The bite in the brakes are still there.

Anurag
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2012, 22:57   #74
BHPian

Quote:
I have 60% highways and 40% city driving and I feel I can hang on till 80K. The bite in the brakes are still there.

Anurag
Anurag given the kind of mileage you are doing I would recommend getting it checked before your next service as a precaution. I am telling you from practical experience as mine when first detected got worsened into slight dragging and jam in 1500KM. So do give it a thought
Old 21st November 2012, 23:13   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
Anurag given the kind of mileage you are doing I would recommend getting it checked before your next service as a precaution. I am telling you from practical experience as mine when first detected got worsened into slight dragging and jam in 1500KM. So do give it a thought
Took the car to MASS where I generally service it.

They checked the brakes and found it be normal and should last for another 5-6K kms.

Anurag.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks