Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2013, 13:32   #106
BANNED

re: My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Do you have the eBay link to this product?

This device definitely helps us in understanding a lot of parameters. But how do we actually verify these?? Last time I went to A$$ and wanted to verify few parameters of stock setting against my car's. But they said Maruti has NOT given them anything; not even a torque curve for the Swift DDiS!

The only way they could map rpm-speed was to test it in my car using SGT scanner, manually record the rpm relative to speeds and then test it on another car!
Some good info! And 30 kmpl average??
I have PM'ed you the details of the guy who is selling these scanner. But as Govigov has told it does not work with older gen Swift.

2009 and later models are needed for this tool to work.

I am trying to get this app and this data verified to get an hang of its working correctly.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 00:31   #107
BANNED

Hello Guys,

My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-20130520-15.36.24.jpg

Will be going in for the 90000 kms service in a week's time. Anything that I am supposed to look at during the service or let it go in as a regular one?

Problems: None major till now but I am getting a strange feeling of low power delivery since the last 1000 kms. Not understanding why. Air filter was changed at 85000 kms. Fuelling is from only one pump and air pressures I maintain are F = 38 and R = 36. Will my service guy, lets see if they can do anything about it or no.

Checked using the OBD II reader and found all OK, No ECU Error Codes recorded.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 21st May 2013, 00:47   #108
Senior - BHPian

lot of driving there anurag. thumps up! Let me know how that strange feeling of power dip is going for you.
Old 21st May 2013, 09:18   #109
BHPian

Hello anurag. Long time no see. Seems like you've munched on the miles like crazy. Good for you. Regarding the low pickup try an engine decarbonising if you find it tempting enough or else get the air filter changed alongwith dismantling the throttle body and cleaning it by hand not those cleaning sprays that the ASC guys usually spray and charge a bomb. Also get the brakes checked. I don't know whether you got your timing belt changed,if not done then please do it as a preventive maintenance since these Fiat engines were supposed to get it changed at somewhere around 80000kms I guess. Also do look into the condition of the brakes as they too can at times become a bit grabby and keep brushing the discs and drums which might give the feeling of low pick up. Also since it's close to a lakh kilometres will ask you to check the clutch life. If the rpm corresponding to speed on the tacho is within +/-100rpm you're good to go but if not then the clutch just might be needing attention. Clutch life is just preventive maintenance. Happy mile munching buddy

Cheers,
Subhra
Old 4th June 2013, 17:46   #110
BANNED

Hello Guys,

The car has now clocked 90000 kms. Exact reading now is 90204 kms.

The car has been given for the 90 K service and just received the car from complete service. Have not driven it long to see a difference but yes the car is free to revv and response of the throttle is better.

Attaching the bill with complete details here.

Bill Amount Paid: ₹ 9691.00

Cheers,
Anurag.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx 90K Service Bill.xlsx (21.1 KB, 1623 views)
Old 4th June 2013, 19:25   #111
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
Regarding the low pick up try an engine de carbonising if you find it tempting enough or else get the air filter changed along with dismantling the throttle body and cleaning it by hand not those cleaning sprays that the ASC guys usually spray and charge a bomb.
Quote:
I don't know whether you got your timing belt changed,if not done then please do it as a preventive maintenance since these Fiat engines were supposed to get it changed at somewhere around 80000 kms I guess.
Quote:
Also do look into the condition of the brakes
Quote:
Also since it's close to a lakh kilometres will ask you to check the clutch life. Clutch life is just preventive maintenance.
Hi Subhra,

Got all the above points checked specifically during this service and I am to know all is normal. Specially the clutch life, the SA says it has life of another 20-25 K kms so expecting it to touch 120000 kms before its changed. The manager congratulated and commended my driving and maintenance as the average clutch life now is 40-50 K kms. Brakes still have 6-7K life left in them. Timing belt is also fine with the required working condition.

How is your Goldie?

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 22nd June 2013, 09:07   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hi Subhra,

Got all the above points checked specifically during this service and I am to know all is normal. Specially the clutch life, the SA says it has life of another 20-25 K kms so expecting it to touch 120000 kms before its changed. The manager congratulated and commended my driving and maintenance as the average clutch life now is 40-50 K kms. Brakes still have 6-7K life left in them. Timing belt is also fine with the required working condition.

How is your Goldie?

Cheers,
Anurag.
Sorry for replying so late anurag. Net was not working hence couldn't reply. And congratulations forthat great servicing news anurag. Clutch life is long left. So it was probably the oil change and regular servicing and the throttle body cleaning required. That's fantastic. Also I'm seriously impressed with your clutch life. Guess the highway drives have bore the fruits. My Goldie being a city fighter has to go through severe clutch torture. Don't know how long can it hold but after the clutch change have clocked 2500KMS in complete bumper to bumper traffic. Resultant: No change in clutch behaviour. They're still as good in the bite and feel as it was when the clutch was brand new. Wishing you many more miles even milestones like 2lakh kms which BHPian paragsachania has recently achieved in his WagonR

OT: Goldie is all hale and hearty with the battle scars and muck around his body. Haven't treated his to a wash due to rains. Will do today since got a Team BHP meet tomorrow. Thinking back have done drifts,handbrake turns,J turns,drag,speed test,travelling over absolutely no roads at speeds of 40-50KMPH,even done offroading with Jeeps. Guess it takes a lot to be like Goldie. That's why I love him to the heart. Only thing which pinches is the fuel cost. With petrol being INR 73.85 in Kolkata. It pinches to see Goldie getting 4lts of fuel for INR 300. But the moment I drive him all the blues go into blue.

Cheers,
Subhra
tacho9000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 23:29   #113
BHPian

a4anurag. I bought my Ritz LDI on 2nd January, 2013. From the beginning I am encountering a problem, wherein many a time, I am unable to engage the reverse gear. Did you encounter such a problem any time?

During the first service, when the problem was communicated to the service guy at Varun Motors ASS, Begumpet, he said that this problem is 'common' for all Ritz vehicles. I was surprised. Is it so?

He also said that whenever such problem is encountered, the solution is to engage the first gear and then come back to the reverse gear. I was surprised and shocked with the solution being provided, than the problem itself.

Recently on 13th July on my second service, again the same solution was repeated, without even bothering to listen to the problem fully.

This is such a 'Indianised' way of dealing with a problem by Maruti. IMHO they should have recalled all the vehicles that have reported such problem.
Old 17th July 2013, 23:44   #114
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post
I am encountering a problem, wherein many a time, I am unable to engage the reverse gear. Did you encounter such a problem any time?
Quote:
He also said that whenever such problem is encountered, the solution is to engage the first gear and then come back to the reverse gear. I was surprised and shocked with the solution being provided, than the problem itself.
Are you saying that you are not able to engage the reverse gear while the car is standstill? Is this problem always you face?

I have faced this issue sometimes in my Ritz too. The gear does not slot in fully and grinds sometimes. The solution to this is exactly what I have been following as below which you were given by the SA at MASS.

Engage the 1st gear and release the clutch a little till you sense the forward movement (DON'T do it for long, you'll fry your clutch) and then slot it in reverse and it slots in perfectly. I don't face this always but whenever I do I follow the above trick.

Holding this an issue and going to MASS, I thought about it but whenever I went the gears slot perfectly and I don't have to use the 1st gear at all. The SA looks at me and says where is the problem Saar!

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 17th July 2013, 23:51   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Are you saying that you are not able to engage the reverse gear while the car is standstill? Is this problem always you face?

Holding this an issue and going to MASS, I thought about it but whenever I went the gears slot perfectly and I don't have to use the 1st gear at all. The SA looks at me and says where is the problem Saar!

Cheers,
Anurag.
Not always but some times and yes while the car is in standstill position.

Yes it is the same case with me that when we complain, the gears work perfectly - before the ASS guy!
Old 18th July 2013, 10:47   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

^ I have faced this issue in my Alto also, however as mentioned by you not always. I was thinking it was due to clutch cable being loose (?) , not sure wanted to check with next service (40K) coming week. Now seeing both your post I guess it may not be resolved. Only time I faced this issue before was in Premier Padmini's of old days with top mounted (steering mounted) gears.
Old 18th July 2013, 11:43   #117
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I have faced this issue in my Alto also, however as mentioned by you not always. I was thinking it was due to clutch cable being loose (?), not sure wanted to check with next service (40K) coming week.
Clutch cable and the clutch itself in my Ritz is still stock. It still has another 5-6K kms life left in it. During my first visit I had asked them to look at the clutch cable and it's components for tightness etc. All was normal.

This issue was the worst for me in the WagonR that I had. Never used to slot in first and reverse gear. 5-6 times I had to try to get it slot in correctly. The Ritz is heavenly when compared to the WagonR, but the problem is rare now for Ritz. Sometimes if the clutch pedal is not pressed fully the issue appears.

Whenever I used to report the problem during the WagonR times, MASS guys used to say it is a common problem saar and nothing much can be done and you'll have to live with it. Tried many other ASC's but no help in this regard. So didn't bother during the Ritz period. My dad drives an SX4 petrol, he too faces this issue sometimes. It seems a common problem with the gear boxes at Maruti. Other Maruti users can pitch in and clarify is the problem is common or no.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 18th July 2013, 14:23   #118
BHPian

There is this same problem in my ritz also and the solution is also sadly the same.
Old 18th July 2013, 15:01   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
^ I have faced this issue in my Alto also,
Quote:
This issue was the worst for me in the WagonR that I had. Never used to slot in first and reverse gear. 5-6 times I had to try to get it slot in correctly.
My dad drives an SX4 petrol, he too faces this issue sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
There is this same problem in my ritz also and the solution is also sadly the same.
Same problem for all of you!!! 'NOW' I am happy and can sleep happily.
What can I do, this is typical Indian mentality.
Old 18th July 2013, 16:05   #120
BANNED

Quote:
Same problem for all of you!!! 'NOW' I am happy and can sleep happily.
What can I do, this is typical Indian mentality.

You are correct. Indian mentality is funny. If we in a problem look for your neighbours, if they too are in the same problem then we forget the problem but if only one person is facing the issue then starts the panic.

Did you take the car to any other ASC regarding this issue? How many kms has your car clocked?

Anurag.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks