Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2013, 16:41   #286

Re: VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
No.
Well according to the VW dealership it will void the warranty I asked a reputed person..actually owner of the dealership.

This warranty stuff is really confusing. And if i go for custom headlights, like putting HIDs, will it void my complete warranty or the warranty related to the lights?

I am in talks with electron performance from pune for HIDs with projectors.
Anyone at team-bhp know about them? Any reviews about their work?

Cheers.
Old 15th August 2013, 13:49   #287
BHPian

Installed LED city lights on my Jetta today, and they are looking good!

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-2013-1.jpg
VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-2013-2.jpg

Last edited by MandarMax : 15th August 2013 at 13:58.
MandarMax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 14:18   #288
Senior - BHPian

^
Any errors on MFD? If they are error free, their link to purchase.
Old 15th August 2013, 16:23   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
^
Any errors on MFD? If they are error free, their link to purchase.
No errors on the MFD. Here's the link - http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2162471/
MandarMax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 15:23   #290
BHPian

hi posting on behalf of a friend he has a jetta comfortline 2012 tdi he wants to upgrade his head unit to the rcd510 and also wants to source a bluetooth module any pointers where can the following be arranged from and if anyone whos upgraded their head unit and have the rcd510 lying as spare he would be intrested in buying it
Old 7th February 2014, 21:47   #291
BHPian

Hi vinj!

I have sourced a BT module for my Laura L & K just now. But it requires me to cut the power supply and canbus wires to connect the Bluetooth kit which has left me in a fix. I do not want to cut the wires. Just wanted to know how was it done in you car. Thanks in advance
Old 17th September 2014, 22:48   #292
BHPian

#Ayedongivadam, struggling to get the LED DRL's fixed. I removed the first plastic cover on the rear of the lights, but for the life of me, I am unable to turn the current DRL lights in the housing to remove them. There is very space to work and I cant even get my thumb in the housing..
Old 5th October 2014, 11:10   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
#Ayedongivadam, struggling to get the LED DRL's fixed. I removed the first plastic cover on the rear of the lights, but for the life of me, I am unable to turn the current DRL lights in the housing to remove them. There is very space to work and I cant even get my thumb in the housing..
Yes, they are a bit tricky to get at. The trick is to use your fingers to twist the bulb out, no space for your thumb to get in there. Dislodging the bulbs requires just a quarter twist.
Old 9th July 2015, 18:56   #294
BHPian

At the same time I'm thinking of dropping in this cluster too, its comes with a full colour MFD + blue backlit needles.

Attachment 922119[/quote]

hey have you put this in ur car? if so can you please let me know how good it is and does everything work well.. thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 03:39   #295
BHPian

I have bought a used Jetta HL this month and I am looking forward to Bluetooth and LED in place of stock DRLs. Some of the options suggested here have gone out of stock.

https://www.ecstuning.com/ES2162471/ this one is still available though it is not for DRLs. Can anybody suggest new options ?

I have upgraded from a Brio to Jetta and I am overwhelmed with the quantity of controls inside it. I love the red light of the buttons everywhere surrounding you. So is there any option to have a gear knob with red light on it ?
Attached Thumbnails
VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-img_3118.jpg  

Old 23rd October 2015, 09:26   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
I love the red light of the buttons everywhere surrounding you. So is there any option to have a gear knob with red light on it ?
The lights are present to help you locate the switches in the dark. We however use the gear shifter using muscle memory, ergo we do not require it to be lit up.

The DSG shifter if you ask me looks elegant, why would you want to tamper with it?

If you still want to go ahead please look for the gear knobs which show the current gear, however I am unaware of how compatible they are with the DSG's.
Old 23rd October 2015, 21:10   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
The lights are present to help you locate the switches in the dark. We however use the gear shifter using muscle memory, ergo we do not require it to be lit up.

The DSG shifter if you ask me looks elegant, why would you want to tamper with it?

If you still want to go ahead please look for the gear knobs which show the current gear, however I am unaware of how compatible they are with the DSG's.
We do not require it to be lit up. That is true. In fact P,N,S,D,R all are lit up anyways. I don't want it to be lit up for any useful purpose. I just want it too glow red for purely aesthetic purposes. It will match up with all the other buttons. No functionality requirements.
Old 23rd October 2015, 22:07   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
I have bought a used Jetta HL
Provide some details about the year, milage and price you got the car for. I am also planning to pick one. Just want to get the perpective.

Thanks in advance
Old 24th October 2015, 00:45   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin26 View Post
Provide some details about the year, milage and price you got the car for. I am also planning to pick one. Just want to get the perpective.

Thanks in advance
Its May, 2012 Jetta HL AT Gray colour with 33k on Odo. Insured till 2016 and serviced in May, 2015. Non accidental. Through MFC it costed me 11.7.

The mileage is genuine as confirmed by 2 service centers. I asked for the information about the last 2 services and both checked out.

Got the car scanned from VW service center and it passed that too.

Got 6 months warranty and 1 year RSA from MFC.
Old 7th January 2016, 21:41   #300
BHPian

Hello everyone, My thanks to you that read this little note that I so enthusiastically started with an aim of making it much more than what it eventually ended up as. Well, life catches up, days shorten and priorities change.

I need some help and would appreciate if you could PM. I'm putting up my car for it to find another loving home. Since some of you have mentioned buying pre loved Jetta's I would be grateful if you could let me know your dealer, if one, so that I may approach them or if you could connect me to people you know looking for a gracefully aged with a few nicks and dings, 36K Kms young, lovingly cared and slightly cosmetically enhanced Jetta.

My thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks