Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2013, 23:25   #271
BHPian

Re: VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
Yup already talked to my modifier about them, his electrician is currently unavailable and I havent had alot of time on my hands to do all this.
My Jetta has done around 19k Kms, purchased it in august 2011. I would not recommend a simple remap because the TDI engine gains alot of power and the turbo boost comes in at 1500 rpm instead of 1800, Ive driven my car when it was on stock tires and was remapped and had the suspension changes, It span its wheels when the car shifted from 2nd to 3rd. My recommendation would be that if you are going in for a remap, go for better rubber as well becuase the Eagle NCTs are not upto the amount of power the engine can deliver. Also, get stiffer dampers :P stock jetta dampers are extremely soft and jiggle about on a bump
I swapped the shitty NCTs for Michelin Primacy LC when I bought the car in Aug 2012. N1 racing equipment has a chip/remap to bring up the numbers to 180 odd bhp so was considering that. And for the DRL's, one doesn't need an electrician as it is merely a DIY swap.
Old 25th March 2013, 23:36   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetanya Sharma View Post
I swapped the shitty NCTs for Michelin Primacy LC when I bought the car in Aug 2012. N1 racing equipment has a chip/remap to bring up the numbers to 180 odd bhp so was considering that. And for the DRL's, one doesn't need an electrician as it is merely a DIY swap.
You can do a remap but still itll be a bit tough for the car to put the power down.. If you seriously do want it, then go for it! Because the car will effectively shave a second off to 100.. Mine goes in about 7 because of better traction and better grip because of stiffer suspension.

Like I told you, I dont have much time to do it.. Will get it done when his electrician comes because the left High beam is also faulting, either it is the HID wiring or it is the Stock wiring, I need to figure out which one it is.. has shorted two bulbs, so need to get that checked too. Dont want VW poking around in the engine now because most of them dont have a single clue about what they are doing..
Old 30th March 2013, 12:10   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHawk View Post
I was really disappointed that the TL does not have a DRL bulb housing . Why would VW do that therefore thought of the standalone DRL's on the front air dam but too scared of the wiring et al currently.
So did you finally install the DRLs? I have also booked Jetta trendline and would love to install DRLs if it is not going to cause any issues. Please share your experience. Thanks.
Old 4th April 2013, 22:56   #274
BHPian

New mods coming soon
1) Carbon Fiber air intake
2) Rear Adjustable anti-roll bar
maybe 3) Traction control button
4) Turbo Discharge pipe/ Forge Bypass valve
Attached Thumbnails
VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-carbonio_20_tdi_installed.jpg  

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-rear_swaybar_mkv_004600x600.jpg  

krazydriver84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 10:48   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
Sent a PM to you with a link.

No 2K is for the LED equipped HID light assembly OEM, the ones that debuted on the Jetta Hybrid and the MY2013 currently in production abroad.
Hello ayedongivadam,

Thx to you i had ordered the bluetooth mod for my rcd 510 in my 2011 jetta.
I was wondering if there was anyway to use the bluetooth function for music as well?
The bluetooth works like a dream with my iphone for the phone calls and if i could start streaming my music as well sitting on my back seat via bt it would be awesome.
Thx
Old 25th June 2013, 11:15   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner21 View Post
The bluetooth works like a dream with my iphone for the phone calls and if i could start streaming my music as well sitting on my back seat via bt it would be awesome.
Thx
Absolutely, the Streaming function should be enabled by default. If not, just go into setup on your HU and enable music streaming via BT.
Old 25th June 2013, 11:51   #277

Mod Note : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:
Absolutely, the Streaming function should be enabled by default. If not, just go into setup on your HU and enable music streaming via BT.
Oh god, wish i had contacted you earlier.
I got it fitted from vw andheri (subin) some time ago and at the time he informed me music streaming didnt happen with this and as he had fitted the same for 1 or 2 other team bhp ites who took lead from you and ordered the bt.
At the time i accepted his statement sadly but i do remember trying to fiddle with it to turn on the bluetooth music streaming unsuccessfully.
But i am going to try so again rt away now that u informed me its abs poss to do so.
Hope it works, will report right away.
Thx

Quote:
Oh god, wish i had contacted you earlier.
I got it fitted from vw andheri (subin) some time ago and at the time he informed me music streaming didnt happen with this and as he had fitted the same for 1 or 2 other team bhp ites who took lead from you and ordered the bt.
At the time i accepted his statement sadly but i do rem trying to fiddle with it to turn on the bt music streaming unsuccessfully.
But i am going to try so again rt away now that u informed me its abs poss to do so.
Hope it works, will report rt away.
Thx

Well, I am in my car while I write this, the "bt audio play" box in the set up media is ticked but inspite of that after selecting media the two options for selection are cd and media in, while bt-audio is to its right but not selectable..
Is there any other way to turn it on?
Or is it that the installer has skipped some wire or setting at the time of fitting.
Please suggest.
Thx

Quote:
Just spoke with John from vw Pune, he told me that there are issues with playing bt music from the iPhone which I find tough to swallow but he suggested I try connecting a regular phone and chk. Will try that too

Last edited by GTO : 27th June 2013 at 10:43.
gunner21 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th June 2013, 20:56   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Just spoke with John from vw Pune, he told me that there are issues with playing bt music from the iPhone which I find tough to swallow but he suggested I try connecting a regular phone and chk. Will try that too
Just Google'd your issue - seems pretty much the case with iPhones and a lot of HU's. read the last post in this thread iPhone issue
Old 26th June 2013, 01:42   #279

Quote:
Just Google'd your issue - seems pretty much the case with iPhones and a lot of HU's. read the last post in this thread iPhone issue
thx for looking it up for me, but methinks its a bit different here with me..
firstly i did try using a regular nokia phone as well as a samsung galaxy s3 some time ago as i am thoroughly bothered abt this now and highly interested to get it sorted.
i paired both these phones with my jetta system and yes like my iphone 4, even these work like a breeze as far as the phone is concerned.
but like my iphone, these two give me no option at all to stream the music from these phones.
also, i spoke with subin from vw andheri this eve and in his experience of the 3 fittings he has done incl mine, none of the 3 played the music but only worked on bt for the phone, infact he spoke to john to on my request from bu bhandari and john told him the same thing abt music from iphones and bb's having issues. but john also mentioned some settings which neither subin nor myself understand what he is talking abt.
as far as the link you sent me, it seems some of them are having specific issues post ios6 update on their iphone but no one has a problem of their music not playing at all.
in my case i am just not having the option of selecting bt audio in the under media - only playing from aux from media-in or then cd. the sd card & bt-audio is just not selectable inpsite of it being ticked in the media settings.
in my limited knowledge i seem convinced there's more to this if the same system ordered by you is playing ok and fine in yr car and probably a few others' as per john. its just frustrating that i cant seem to crack it.
would love to chat in person if its ok with you ..
regards
Old 26th June 2013, 21:06   #280
BHPian

Quote:
would love to chat in person if its ok with you ..
regards
Absolutely fine. Do you have access to PM on here, send me your phone number. By the way have you tried tinkering with the BT menu on your Galaxy / Nokia to enable auto play / music streaming?
Old 26th June 2013, 21:25   #281

Quote:
Absolutely fine. Do you have access to PM on here, send me your phone number. By the way have you tried tinkering with the BT menu on your Galaxy / Nokia to enable auto play / music streaming?
oh yes abs. i did try all i could to get the music playing on both those phones ..
well doesnt seem like i have the pm access, i'm not sure of the correct protocol but i did read a few posts with people atleast posting their email id's & nos, so here's mine - 9820029716.
cheers
Old 16th July 2013, 16:40   #282

Hello Ayedongivadam, have posted a query about the headlight assembly of the VW jetta on other threads. Was going to PM you regarding the same but i dont have access to PM service as of now. So quoting for your reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket_N View Post
Guys, I own a VW Jetta Highline AT. I took the delivery on 2nd January this year. The model year is 2013. I am not satisfied with the headlights' brightness due to poor visibilty on the highways. I was hoping to get the bulbs replaced with HID bulbs. But then i thought of going for an entire assembly replacement. I am aware it might void the warranty but wouldn't mind it if its worth the visual appeal. But now arises the main problem of sourcing such headlights.

I wanted to ask if such headlights are available here in India, especially Pune? I know its a long shot. But buying and getting them fitted from the same place would ensure its proper functioning.

I did some online research and found these scattered all over the internet.

Attachment 1108900

Attachment 1108901

Attachment 1108902

Attachment 1108903

These are all for the A6 (6th gen) Jetta. Can we source and get these (or similar) fitted over here?

Cheers.
If at all the entire unit isnt available anywhere in Pune i would just go for the HID bulbs with projectors. Your inputs on that would be helpful. Any shop you recommend?

Cheers.
Old 19th July 2013, 08:43   #283
BHPian

Quote:
...headlight assembly of the VW jetta...
I've found this link you may try HID + DRL and all of INR32K.

I had the link to a webpage of another mod-shop somewhere down south but cant locate it right now. Have a word with the folks behind the posted link, check what assistance they can provide in terms of local mech's, wiring diagrams, install base in India et. al. Don't forget to let us know how it goes.
Old 19th July 2013, 12:51   #284

Quote:
I've found this link you may try HID + DRL and all of INR32K.

I had the link to a webpage of another mod-shop somewhere down south but cant locate it right now. Have a word with the folks behind the posted link, check what assistance they can provide in terms of local mech's, wiring diagrams, install base in India et. al. Don't forget to let us know how it goes.
Thanks.Will check with them.I also read that "vagtune" from cochin is quite reliable.I am trying to locate someone from Pune itself.
Btw will replacing the halogens from 55w to higher wattage also void the warranty?

Cheers.
Old 21st July 2013, 11:26   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.Will check with them.I also read that "vagtune" from cochin
Yes, Vagtune - thats the second store, the name of which I couldn't recollect earlier.

Quote:
will replacing the halogens from 55w to higher wattage also void the warranty?
No.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks